Ana/Mia websites

AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 3rd, 2006 at 11:19am
fancy pants:
Excuse you. What are you, 10? In jr high and high school you'll meet a lot of people with eating disorders. You'll learn that they're not stupid. They have a DISORDER. Genius. A lot of people that have eating disorders are perfectionists and they get excellent grades. They're very smart. Just because they drive themselves crazy about food and calories and excersizing doesn't mean they're stupid. And if that's how you're going to act in this forum, where people are supposed to have intellegent conversation, then you should leave.

You really shouldn't patronise people like that.

Especially people who are older and wiser than you.
Rolling Eyes

And really, you cannot dare tell me that kids with ED's are smart. Very, very sweeping statement there. With no evidence to back it up. At all.

Now, i'm sorry for being so scathing, but the post you made above was so full of fault it was ridiculous.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
February 3rd, 2006 at 12:36pm
Bloodraine:
fancy pants:
Excuse you. What are you, 10? In jr high and high school you'll meet a lot of people with eating disorders. You'll learn that they're not stupid. They have a DISORDER. Genius. A lot of people that have eating disorders are perfectionists and they get excellent grades. They're very smart. Just because they drive themselves crazy about food and calories and excersizing doesn't mean they're stupid. And if that's how you're going to act in this forum, where people are supposed to have intellegent conversation, then you should leave.
And really, you cannot dare tell me that kids with ED's are smart. Very, very sweeping statement there. With no evidence to back it up. At all..

And really you cannot dare to tell me that kids with ED's aren't smart.
I've known a few. They're incredably smart.
They're just messed up. That has nothing to do with how smart they are. You wouldn't say schizophenics aren't smart. You would say avoidants aren't smart etc.
You also made a pretty sweeping statement, with no evidence to back it up.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 3rd, 2006 at 12:42pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
They're just messed up. That has nothing to do with how smart they are. You wouldn't say schizophenics aren't smart. You would say avoidants aren't smart etc.

If you read it fully, you'd know I didn't say they wern't smart.

To be honest, no earthly being is in a position to know how intelligent people with ED's are. Some are bound to be fairly clever. Some are bound to be incredibly dumb. Some are of average intelligence.

Rather like I said on the Gay's thread...We cannot dictate a person's intelligence or personality by their 'group'. And anyone who thinks they can infuriates me.

So none of us have any evidence at all. Wink
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
February 3rd, 2006 at 12:44pm
Bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

If you read it fully, you'd know I didn't say they wern't smart.

To be honest, no earthly being is in a position to know how intelligent people with ED's are. Some are bound to be fairly clever. Some are bound to be incredibly dumb. Some are of average intelligence.

Rather like I said on the Gay's thread...We cannot dictate a person's intelligence or personality by their 'group'. And anyone who thinks they can infuriates me.

So none of us have any evidence at all. Wink

Fair enough. My bad Very Happy
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 3rd, 2006 at 12:45pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Fair enough. My bad Very Happy

Glad you know where i'm coming from.

I'm just picky sometimes.
*_dragonfly_*
Geek
*_dragonfly_*
February 3rd, 2006 at 02:08pm
Bloodraine:
Buttermilk Rusk:
My point exactly. These people are beyond sadistic; they're maniacs.

I just found one of the websites, it was disgusting. There were girls talking about how they were going on 'water diets' and other girls congratulating them etc. Its almost macabre

http://www.yafro.com/clubs/proanamia

FUCK...LOOK

total members: 109

thats really a lot Shocked
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
February 3rd, 2006 at 02:24pm
*new_age_provo*:
Bloodraine:
Buttermilk Rusk:
My point exactly. These people are beyond sadistic; they're maniacs.

I just found one of the websites, it was disgusting. There were girls talking about how they were going on 'water diets' and other girls congratulating them etc. Its almost macabre

http://www.yafro.com/clubs/proanamia

FUCK...LOOK

total members: 109

thats really a lot Shocked
Uh. There's way more than that on some groups.
Some have at least 20 people on the site when I go.
And of course they are active, Updated about 5 times a day.
HunniPunk
Geek
HunniPunk
May 26th, 2006 at 09:09am
Rolling Eyes

some of these websites aren't as bad as you'd think.

and are great for support and information on how to get proper nutrition.
GD Addicts Anonymous
GD Addicts Anonymous
May 26th, 2006 at 10:34pm
Omg! That's beyond sick. Those people need serious help. They could end up really suffering if they keep acting like that. Those websites really need to stop ASAP.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
May 26th, 2006 at 11:08pm
Well what I think is that they lack commen sense. They're smart but they over analyze things. :/ I think I made no sense but I wanted to add in. See I used to want to make myself throw up, not cause I thought I was fat, it was because I was angry with my mother. That was then now my mother calls me fat and tells me to suck in my stomach all the time. I tell her to go die of lung cancer [she smokes] :/ Gee, I love my mom.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 26th, 2006 at 11:10pm
Sheepo@_@:
Well what I think is that they lack commen sense. They're smart but they over analyze things. :/ I think I made no sense but I wanted to add in. See I used to want to make myself throw up, not cause I thought I was fat, it was because I was angry with my mother. That was then now my mother calls me fat and tells me to suck in my stomach all the time. I tell her to go die of lung cancer [she smokes] :/ Gee, I love my mom.
I know that feeling. I prefer "get throat cancer so you'll shut up."
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
June 9th, 2006 at 12:31pm
These sites are pathetic, prying on people to supposedly make them feel happy and healthy, it's really fucking disgusting. if you wany feel good about yourself or change yourself in any way, there are more positive ways of doing it without affecting your well-being.

And since like seeing someone go through Eating Disorder-related happenings, it's made me have a negative view to any reason of it... but that's because in this case the reasons seemed to down to basic attention seeking, which really REALLY fucking annoys me.

There are people in countries that don't have oppurtunities to eat three set meals a day!!!
Don't abuse the rescources you have in my opinion.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
June 14th, 2006 at 03:15pm
the websites are sick. What kind of twisted person do you have to be to make a website ENCOURAGING anhorexia (sp?) people DIE of that, and these people are encouraging it? im sorry, but i find no way to redeem that, no one could possibly be able to justify that kind of thing.
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2006 at 03:24pm
Ew.

Here's a site I found. More of an anti site...

Scroll down to the picture of the woman...

robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 16th, 2006 at 11:06pm
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Sheepo@_@:
I know that feeling. I prefer "get throat cancer so you'll shut up."

your mum calls you fat, i wouldnt dream of calling my daughter fat, in fact my daughter is cincinved she is fat because kids tell her she is, but she isnt and the Dr has even weighed her and said that she is in fact a touch under wheight but it is nothing to worry about just yet, she is however always saying that she should go on a diet, so ........ (i know many of you are goin to think this is wrong but this is what i did) i showed her that picture of that women on the ealier thread, and it has given her somthing to think about,
Eh, my mom is being a hypocrite nowadays Rolling Eyes
I tell her I diet now cause she says Im fat. Then she says she never said that O_O
*GreenDayBaby*
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
*GreenDayBaby*
January 14th, 2007 at 03:48pm
they airnt sick.
there places were people with eating disorders can go to talk to ppl who understand and can help them out.
and everyone can have there own opinion of it but if you dont HAVE and ed, or know anything about the emotional stress they cause, you probally should just keep your opinion to yourselves.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
January 16th, 2007 at 03:59pm
Omfg.
Well i just visited one of those LJ-clubs or whatever they are, encouraging it.
I mean, if you didnt know what they were doing, id thought it was a support-group of people trying to diet. I guess they are 'dieting' but taking it too far. Taken directly from an entry:
Well, I have posted in a day or two I am still just consuming about 30-100 calories a day
o____0
It makes me feel sad because they know what theyre doing and they think theyre getting beautiful by losing weight by denying their bodies energy, except from sleeping. They think all their problems will disappear when they get to weigh 50 pounds. And even if they ever got to weigh 50 pounds, they would still think theyre fat and ugly. They think weighing lesser will make everything easier. It just wont, and thats whats so disturbing to me.

Maybe they do know. I wouldnt know. I have never had an eating disorder.
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
January 19th, 2007 at 12:58pm
Seems to me you're either FAT or ANOREXIC.
I give up on trying to be anything.

Its too hard and people are idiots.
Yeah, take shots at that statement I dont give a fuck.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 19th, 2007 at 01:08pm
SAINTâ„¢:
Seems to me you're either FAT or ANOREXIC.
I give up on trying to be anything.

Its too hard and people are idiots.
Yeah, take shots at that statement I dont give a fuck.

No, I agree. It seems like if you're overweight, you get shit about being fat and get called names (I'd know). and if you're thin, people go "OMGZ WTF YOU'RE ANOREXIC!!!!!"

Its pretty dumb.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 19th, 2007 at 01:14pm
Look at this:

LuccaDucati :
Extremely skinny isn't healthy... extremely fat isn't healthy neither.
But there's a big (!) difference:

Skinny is beautiful and sexy, while fat is disgusting.

In my opinion a beautiful woman is a very skinny, boney woman. And believe me: I'm not the only male thinking this way!

Yes, you can call me a 100% PRO ANA fanatic.

And that's my, OUR right!

aladdin:
hell yeah, skinny chicks are hot

______

no one's denying that skinny girls are pretty. I'd like to be skinny. I have a pretty face and I think more people would notice it if I wasn't so huge. But this guy says he has a right to be 100% Pro Ana. What. The. Fuck. He has a right to support anorexia if he's ever even had anorexia. I bet you, if he had a severely anorexic girlfriend, he would not be like that at all. He'd hate it from watching her suffer.

What if all the girls go around saying "skinny guys are hotz lol"? What if girls supported guys becoming anorexic? Actually, there's a fair amount of anorexic guys...
Register