Ana/Mia websites

AuthorMessage
IceCreamInSilence
Falling In Love With The Board
IceCreamInSilence
November 9th, 2005 at 09:32pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Although I suppose the people themselves don't really know why they're doing it.
What?

That's just stupid. Rolling Eyes
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
November 9th, 2005 at 09:39pm
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
bloodraine:
fancy pants:
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
Theses people are sick, they are ill themselves. They don't understand that it is wrong.
They're not stupid. They know it's wrong. They just don't care and they don't want to stop.

She never said they were stupid, but i agree, some people with ED's dont admit they have a problem. In fact one of the first ways they are given treatment is to make them realise they have a problem.
i didn't say they were stupid, but a lot of the time girls (or guys) just deny that there is anything wrong with themselves...they are convinced that they are fat and these sites will often make them feel a lot worse about themselves because they automatically assume that they are not as thin as the people they see pictures of.
I know you didn't actually say "they're stupid" but you said that they don't understand. They do understand. And the sites would make them feel better. Not worse. It can give them support when they're feeling like shit. If they didn't have the site they'd be just as bad off. Maybe worse. The sites are just like support groups. And they support recovery, too. But they'd still be starving themselves with or without the sites. =/
IceCreamInSilence
IceCreamInSilence
November 9th, 2005 at 09:43pm
bloodraine:
fancy pants:
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
Theses people are sick, they are ill themselves. They don't understand that it is wrong.
They're not stupid. They know it's wrong. They just don't care and they don't want to stop.

She never said they were stupid, but i agree, some people with ED's dont admit they have a problem. In fact one of the first ways they are given treatment is to make them realise they have a problem.
What?

NO. You're very wrong.

Anorexia/Bulimia is a choice. Of course you know when you have an ED. You don't deny it to yourself, but you do tell everyone that they are wrong.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 10th, 2005 at 12:30pm
Armatage Skank:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Although I suppose the people themselves don't really know why they're doing it.
What?

That's just stupid. Rolling Eyes

They can't help it. It's not "stupid", it's a mental disorder.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
King For A Couple Of Days
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
November 10th, 2005 at 01:25pm
Armatage Skank:
bloodraine:
fancy pants:
XxXflowerfairyXxX:

What?

NO. You're very wrong.

Anorexia/Bulimia is a choice. Of course you know when you have an ED. You don't deny it to yourself, but you do tell everyone that they are wrong.

They are NOT a choice! Are you MAD?

Do you think people wake up and say "I know: I think I'll starve myself to death and see myself fat today."
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
November 12th, 2005 at 03:45pm
[icecreaminsilence]:
bloodraine:
fancy pants:
XxXflowerfairyXxX:

What?

NO. You're very wrong.

Acctually, some people have it for quite a while before they relise it is wrong. They see themselves as fat and they try to cut down on food, it is a mental and physical struggle between "am I fat?" and "is something wrong with me?". A lot of them don't even realize it is Anorexia or Bulumia.
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
November 12th, 2005 at 03:47pm
I don't see anything wrong with these sites. They help the people relize that they have a problem, and they encourage them to seek help. The veterans share their experiences and the newer members ask how they can stop.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 12th, 2005 at 04:28pm
[icecreaminsilence]:
bloodraine:
fancy pants:
XxXflowerfairyXxX:

What?

NO. You're very wrong.

Eating Disorders aren't a personal coice, or at least thats what i was lead to beleive. I always thought they were partly a mental disorder, not the persons own fault.
Also, one of the first steps in treating anorexia is, according to this website
http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/anorexia.html
Getting help is very important. For people with anorexia, admitting that they have a problem is the first, yet hardest, step. If they take that step, they can find the support and treatment they need to stop anorexia taking over their lives

Granted, this only covers Anorexia, and for sufferers of Bullimia it may be different.
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
November 12th, 2005 at 09:12pm
Walking_Towards_The_Light:
I don't see anything wrong with these sites. They help the people relize that they have a problem, and they encourage them to seek help. The veterans share their experiences and the newer members ask how they can stop.
Not the PRO ana/mia sites. They do have recovery links and stuff, but it's mainly about support to continue.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
November 13th, 2005 at 10:24am
It's scary how some people think they're okay.
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
January 11th, 2006 at 04:05pm
my friend started goin on these for all stupid shit and got found out on saturday. it's mean but now i think it wa sall for attention... dont you try to hide an eating disorder, no tbroadcast it to the world? and becasue my name is Mia, her mom and dad somehow thought i had something to do with it.
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
January 11th, 2006 at 04:09pm
aww Mia babe Shocked thats awful of them to think that darlin *huggles* i know, but how did she get found out, if u dont mind me askin, if u do its fine too kitten! Very Happy
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
January 11th, 2006 at 04:13pm
Shocked Soracha!!! omg hows you dahlin??? but yeah this is how it goes... we went out to t.c (rock club for teens thing) and she gets a fonecall from her dad who comes to pick us up... he rmom had tidied a room and found a book of shit she's wrote about it. but i think she did it deliberately because when we were queing she said sometihng about the book and mom tidying her room... she needs to learn to talk to her parents propely.
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
January 11th, 2006 at 04:16pm
im good love and ur bootiful self??!! did u and jerry get a divorce he aint in ur sig Shocked ooh, thats awful sad how the poor girl couldnt just tell them though..makes me sad to just think bout it.. Sad
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
January 11th, 2006 at 04:21pm
Ghost_in_the_snow:
im good love and ur bootiful self??!! did u and jerry get a divorce he aint in ur sig Shocked ooh, thats awful sad how the poor girl couldnt just tell them though..makes me sad to just think bout it.. Sad

i'm good thankeis! just tired!!! but yeah, me and jerry are still hot!!! he'll be with us forever!!!! the thing is... she was making it harder for herself to tell them and by telling us everything making it hard for us todo fuck all... i knowthe first perosn i'd talk to about something like tha tis my mom, i woulndt be out there trying for attention off of people.... Naughty Very Happy
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
January 11th, 2006 at 06:29pm
I came across one of those a few months ago when I was doing research for a project on eating disorders, its pretty sick.
I tryed to convince them to quit what they're doing, like telling them all the long-term damage they can cause to their bodies but they were having none of it, in the I just end of gave up.
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
January 11th, 2006 at 07:34pm
Incubus:
I came across one of those a few months ago when I was doing research for a project on eating disorders, its pretty sick.
I tryed to convince them to quit what they're doing, like telling them all the long-term damage they can cause to their bodies but they were having none of it, in the I just end of gave up.
Well of course. I'm sure they're aware of the dangers. It just doesn't matter to them. And, especially in a community like that where they're free to believe that what they're doing isn't wrong, they would feel offended or threatened when an outsider comes in and tells them that what they're doing is wrong.
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
January 11th, 2006 at 07:36pm
Well that's just sickening. They could be held responsible for someone dying of anorexia.
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
January 11th, 2006 at 08:14pm
http://www.addictions.net/default.aspx?id=3
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
January 11th, 2006 at 08:29pm
VF Lover!:
Well that's just sickening. They could be held responsible for someone dying of anorexia.
=/ It wouldn't be the site's fault that they're starving themselves to death.
Register