Swearing

AuthorMessage
Music to my ears
Idiot
Music to my ears
July 19th, 2006 at 09:48am
well its ok you know to say it everyone once or twice a day and as a joke but when it is directed to me in a mean and annoying way i just get soooooooooooooo annoyed and really can't stand that person.
Mellon * Collie
Geek
Mellon * Collie
July 19th, 2006 at 12:35pm
they're just words, who cares?
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
July 19th, 2006 at 01:02pm
i just consider them words
i love swearing i think its very expressive
child-heart loser
Geek
child-heart loser
July 20th, 2006 at 10:14am

If somebody swears because they're really angry, or need to describe something with the usage of swear words, I don't really mind at all.

What I hate is when people throw around swear words casually, for example someone says, "You're so fucking annoying", when they could just say, "You're so annoying".
Bad example, I know.
But I hope it got my point across.
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
July 20th, 2006 at 10:25am
Mellon * Collie:

No they're not just words.
If you call one person a 'fucking retard' they might laugh
Then again, if you do it with someone else they might be devastated.

Swearing is deliberately hurting others feelings.
It's disrespectful and rude in general, wether or not you are reffering to a specific person.
NO ONE appreciates swearing.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
July 20th, 2006 at 10:29am
Viva La Stupid:
It shows a lack of creativity.
I used to swear a lot. Then I realized--it made me sound so ignorant. I have an entire dictionary full of words that I could use, words that can sound so much more scathing than any swearing ever can. It's just not worth being so profane anymore.
Think
Wow, I've really grown up a bit in the last year...
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 20th, 2006 at 10:30am
Ella:
Mellon * Collie:

No they're not just words.
If you call one person a 'fucking retard' they might laugh
Then again, if you do it with someone else they might be devastated.

Swearing is deliberately hurting others feelings.
It's disrespectful and rude in general, wether or not you are reffering to a specific person.
NO ONE appreciates swearing.

Yep. Swearing is really only good when used with people you know in a comical way, because otherwise you could seriously offend someone. Even then, someone could misunderstand something you say. Swearing just shows that you have a lack of vocabulary. And like ella Said, no one appreciates swearing.
Spontaneous_Combustion
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Spontaneous_Combustion
July 20th, 2006 at 11:03am
Swear words are only swear word cause the society made them swear words. I mean, what's actually wrong with beeing a buttfuck?? XD
I think sometimes you just need to say "Fuck", but saying it every second word only cause you think it's cool is pathetic.
Anyways I am not offended if anyone calls me a "motherfucking bitch" because it's not true (as far as I know) unless it's someone close to me beeing serious at that. So, for me it depends just on who is saying that and how. I only think it's above anything shitty to call for example gay people faggots meaning to hurt them. or call handicapped people cripples. That's a really fucking asshole thing to do, and yeah, I would swear at those ignorants even if it doesn't offend them. Well, that's my opinion.
Spontaneous_Combustion
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Spontaneous_Combustion
July 20th, 2006 at 11:10am
BUT, I'd never call an old lady a stupid bitch whatsoever unless she's beeing really mean. But never straight into the face.
So, people, if you know it's not true, don't get offended by a "Hey, you're a dumb fuck" it's not worth it.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 20th, 2006 at 11:13am
Spontaneous_Combustion:
Swear words are only swear word cause the society made them swear words. I mean, what's actually wrong with beeing a buttfuck?? XD
I think sometimes you just need to say "Fuck", but saying it every second word only cause you think it's cool is pathetic.
Anyways I am not offended if anyone calls me a "motherfucking bitch" because it's not true (as far as I know) unless it's someone close to me beeing serious at that. So, for me it depends just on who is saying that and how. I only think it's above anything shitty to call for example gay people faggots meaning to hurt them. or call handicapped people cripples. That's a really fucking asshole thing to do, and yeah, I would swear at those ignorants even if it doesn't offend them. Well, that's my opinion.

That one sentence shows just how limited swearing makes your vocabulary seem. Is that the only way you could think to phrase that, because there are many more, less obscene, mature ways to say the exact same thing. Swearing is offensive to most people, and like you sai, if someone close to you called you that, you would be offended. Swearing is just what people do when the limitations of their vocabulary prevent them from saying other things, when they are in serious conversations.
Kitti
Kitti
July 20th, 2006 at 11:18am
Spontaneous_Combustion:
BUT, I'd never call an old lady a stupid bitch whatsoever unless she's beeing really mean. But never straight into the face.
So, people, if you know it's not true, don't get offended by a "Hey, you're a dumb fuck" it's not worth it.
Funny. I'd really be offended by that. It's insulting, it's offensive. Why would anyone not be offended by that?
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
July 20th, 2006 at 11:19am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Spontaneous_Combustion:

That one sentence shows just how limited swearing makes your vocabulary seem. Is that the only way you could think to phrase that, because there are many more, less obscene, mature ways to say the exact same thing. Swearing is offensive to most people, and like you sai, if someone close to you called you that, you would be offended. Swearing is just what people do when the limitations of their vocabulary prevent them from saying other things, when they are in serious conversations.
but fuck (haha, get it, buttfuck?) just rolls off of the lips
yeah, don't use it around people who hate it, don't use the N word or GD word just out of respect for those 30% in America who are offended by it (30% of America is black, 30% attend Church, I'm sure most countries with internet would have around the same statistics

so there should be some holding back, there should be less of a bias against those who use it (if Stephen Hawking said, "what up to my bitches and hos" before his next speach you'd still pay attention right?
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
July 20th, 2006 at 11:24am
Kitti:
Viva La Stupid:
It shows a lack of creativity.
I used to swear a lot. Then I realized--it made me sound so ignorant. I have an entire dictionary full of words that I could use, words that can sound so much more scathing than any swearing ever can. It's just not worth being so profane anymore.
Think
Wow, I've really grown up a bit in the last year...

i don't swear in every sentence ... but when something/someone's pissed me off i'll swear and usually not at them ... i keep quiet until later
yes that means i talk to myself at times
December Cynic
Geek
December Cynic

Mibba Blog
July 30th, 2006 at 03:00pm
I don't mind it if it's people I know or music I listen to...
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
July 30th, 2006 at 03:29pm
i hate the "c" word i think that when people say it, it just makes them look uneducated.
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
July 30th, 2006 at 04:06pm
I casually swear, can't be helped, i've grown up around foul mouthed people and things rub off Dno

But i still have respect, just because i swear a lot, it doesnt affect my respect for people. And i'd never unesesscarily swear at someone unless i'm proper angry and it's within good reason.
Erin; Technophile
Post Whore
Erin; Technophile

Mibba
July 30th, 2006 at 05:37pm
I don't mind swearing at all. They are just words to me. I do swear, mostly when I am mad, but I always do it when I am by myself. I wouldn't think of swearing at someone unless I am really mad at said person. Even then I consider which words to say and which to not say.
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 30th, 2006 at 11:10pm
I don't mind when people swear, it's just that I ate when people drop the F bomb 10 times in a sentence. Once is enough. Like this:

"Yo fucker, I fucking ate a fucking turkey sandwich today, and it was so fucking awesome!"

I try to stick with mild swearing, but if I am making a clearly angry point, I will say "fuck" maybe once, maybe twice. People overload swearing too much.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
July 31st, 2006 at 05:24am
i dont get offended by swearing, so long as its not actually directed at me. i do have a problem with swearing, but i wouldn't use it to deliberately upset someone. maybe im a bit weird, but i sometimes use insults like dumbass affectionately on my friends.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
July 31st, 2006 at 06:15am
anti-christ of suburbia:
i dont get offended by swearing, so long as its not actually directed at me. i do have a problem with swearing, but i wouldn't use it to deliberately upset someone. maybe im a bit weird, but i sometimes use insults like dumbass affectionately on my friends.

i use dumbass quite a bit, but to peopl i know who will shrug it of has a joke, my kids call me dumbass all the time. But i never swear at people in the street, its not needed.
Register