Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
November 25th, 2005 at 03:27pm
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker:
tre_cool_is_god:
NeoSteph:
tre_cool_is_god:
i was on a bus one day and i heard a young lad say it to his mate and i tapped him on the shoulder and told him, that if his command of the english language was that poor then he should go back to school.

I wouldnt normally have said anything to him but i had my daughter with me at the time. And when we were playing an online game called "world of warcraft" we were talking to someone who said the word and i told him that my kids play the game aswell and that there is no need for that and he said OK i am man enough to say sorry and he did.

i sat next to this person on a school trip and they put the word fucking in front of nearly every word, in the end i turned to her and told her ''if you don't control your tongue, i'll wash your mouth out with soap''.

My mum once actually washed my mouth out with soap.

i did it to my little boy a week ago and he hasnt sworn at me since.

....yeah, that's the right way to fucking deal with kids.....physical punishment

what would you have me do then, tell him itswrong and he shouldnt do it so he then does it even more?
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 25th, 2005 at 03:29pm
tre_cool_is_god:
tre_cool_is_god:
NeoSteph:
tre_cool_is_god:
i was on a bus one day and i heard a young lad say it to his mate and i tapped him on the shoulder and told him, that if his command of the english language was that poor then he should go back to school.

I wouldnt normally have said anything to him but i had my daughter with me at the time. And when we were playing an online game called "world of warcraft" we were talking to someone who said the word and i told him that my kids play the game aswell and that there is no need for that and he said OK i am man enough to say sorry and he did.

i sat next to this person on a school trip and they put the word fucking in front of nearly every word, in the end i turned to her and told her ''if you don't control your tongue, i'll wash your mouth out with soap''.

....yeah, that's the right way to fucking deal with kids.....physical punishment

what would you have me do then, tell him itswrong and he shouldnt do it so he then does it even more?

No, yell at him that it's wrong. I don't know why, it's just always disgusted me when people say they make their kids have the soap. Before you have a go at me, I'm not having a go at YOU, it's not the PERSON I feel disgusted with, it's just the idea of it. Blee.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 25th, 2005 at 03:29pm
Okay, i just tried some Dove hand soap...its fine at first but the aftertaste is bizzare Confused. I wouldn't really say it was punishment though, it fades quickly. But should i die within the next 24 hours....
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
November 25th, 2005 at 03:32pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
tre_cool_is_god:
tre_cool_is_god:
NeoSteph:
tre_cool_is_god:

No, yell at him that it's wrong. I don't know why, it's just always disgusted me when people say they make their kids have the soap. Before you have a go at me, I'm not having a go at YOU, it's not the PERSON I feel disgusted with, it's just the idea of it. Blee.

it's really not that bad, it doesn't hurt it just leaves a bad taste in your mouth for about 10 minutes, then you have a glass of milk.

My mother never shouted at us, which is pretty fantastic seeing as she has 6 kids. she just used to always out smart us, she once managed to convince my brother that by tidying his room he was being a rebell, thats what you get for have a lecturer for a mother.

she only did to me the once and i haven't sworn in that since, except for when i walked out...well meh off topic.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
November 25th, 2005 at 03:33pm
bloodraine:
Okay, i just tried some Dove hand soap...its fine at first but the aftertaste is bizzare Confused. I wouldn't really say it was punishment though, it fades quickly. But should i die within the next 24 hours....

lmfao lmfao lmfao. at least you have an open mind, it's the idea of it that makes kids behave.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
November 25th, 2005 at 03:35pm
NeoSteph:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
tre_cool_is_god:
tre_cool_is_god:
NeoSteph:
tre_cool_is_god:

it's really not that bad, it doesn't hurt it just leaves a bad taste in your mouth for about 10 minutes, then you have a glass of milk.

My mother never shouted at us, which is pretty fantastic seeing as she has 6 kids. she just used to always out smart us, she once managed to convince my brother that by tidying his room he was being a rebell, thats what you get for have a lecturer for a mother.

she only did to me the once and i haven't sworn in that since, except for when i walked out...well meh off topic.

lol i might try that with my eldest
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
November 25th, 2005 at 03:37pm
i think the best thing about the soap act, is that when your older you find it so funny, me and my eldest brother were talking about the other day.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
November 25th, 2005 at 03:54pm
NeoSteph:
i think the best thing about the soap act, is that when your older you find it so funny, me and my eldest brother were talking about the other day.

my nan did it to me a fair bit and now i have the respect for people and myself not to swear at them.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 25th, 2005 at 03:59pm
I got my mouth washed out with soap once and I didn't even swear...I was five and my swearing vocabulary was limited to "dang."

Personally, who gives a flying fuck about swearing? It's MEANT to be vulgar. Swearing is used as a way to emphasize what you're saying in a vulgar sort of way. If you have a problem, tough crap.

The only swearing I have trouble with is a) those who swear incorrectly and b)those who swear incessantly. So many people ruin the magic of the word "fuck" by saying it after every other word.
Quit Reading My Name
Jackass
Quit Reading My Name
November 25th, 2005 at 04:47pm
I swear. A lot. I don't much online, which is probably a good thing...
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
November 25th, 2005 at 04:53pm
tre_cool_is_god:
NeoSteph:

my nan did it to me a fair bit and now i have the respect for people and myself not to swear at them.

....my mother did it to me.....

...........cut my mouth a fair bit....and left a rather prominant mental scar

not an isolated incident....before you say anything.....

don't agree with it

H-F-P-R
Faith
Addict
Faith
November 25th, 2005 at 05:13pm
tre_cool_is_god:
NeoSteph:

....my mother did it to me.....

...........cut my mouth a fair bit....and left a rather prominant mental scar

not an isolated incident....before you say anything.....

don't agree with it

H-F-P-R

I think it's a pretty stupid thing to do...it's more likely to make you want to swear, just to contradict. I always thought explaining is a better method. If the kid understand why it's not a good thing to swear around people who might get offended by it - it's much more likely to actually work.
Washing someone's mouth with soap is a violent act, and while it might work with some, it will only be a self-esteem lowerer with others.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 25th, 2005 at 05:23pm
I think you have a point there...my parents were never great beleivers in physical discipline, and would sooner have sat me down and talked to me than raise the iron fist. Some kids will always be either very frightened or react badly to phsical punishments and its just knowing where to draw the line when it comes to child abuse also.
Faith
Addict
Faith
November 25th, 2005 at 05:34pm
bloodraine:
I think you have a point there...my parents were never great beleivers in physical discipline, and would sooner have sat me down and talked to me than raise the iron fist. Some kids will always be either very frightened or react badly to phsical punishments and its just knowing where to draw the line when it comes to child abuse also.

You're lucky. Talking is always the best way. Aside from phisical abuse, there's also emotional abuse, which is no good either. Soap mouth washing is pretty much both. Rolling Eyes
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
November 25th, 2005 at 05:37pm
Faith:
bloodraine:

You're lucky. Talking is always the best way. Aside from phisical abuse, there's also emotional abuse, which is no good either. Soap mouth washing is pretty much both. Rolling Eyes

.....couldn't have put it better
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 25th, 2005 at 05:37pm
Yes, although i dont think soap is too bad a punishment there is a difference between me standing in the bathroom dabbing my tongue with Dove Very Happy. And some kid having it scrubbed inside his mouth whilst being pinned down. There is also the humilliation that comes with it, that can be terrible for a childs confidence.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
November 25th, 2005 at 05:41pm
bloodraine:

Yeah..my parents scream at me and it just makes me cry and hate them even more. Just thinking about it right now makes my eyes water.

Anyways, about swearing...

I don't really mind it. I swear sometimes...to me, it's just a normal part of the english language. I don't swear in front of my family though...they'd have a massive screaming session at me and tears would be spilt again. And plus, it doesn't sound right when I say it in front of my parents...I don't know why. I don't like it when people deliberately say fuck about 6 times in each sentence just to sound cool. And..it doesn't sound right when little kids swear because it just ends up as a high pitched,"FUCK YOOH!"
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 25th, 2005 at 05:42pm
You ever heard chavs? The real thick ones? Who say stuff like "So I was fucking going to the fucking...fucking...fucking...thing right?...and fucking...this guy came up to me and was fucking...you know?...fucking trying to bang me...fucking...."
GAH!
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
November 25th, 2005 at 05:45pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
You ever heard chavs? The real thick ones? Who say stuff like "So I was fucking going to the fucking...fucking...fucking...thing right?...and fucking...this guy came up to me and was fucking...you know?...fucking trying to bang me...fucking...."
GAH!

yeah, that's exactly what I mean. It's annoying and you just want to so badly punch them...
The Strawberry Girl
The Strawberry Girl
November 25th, 2005 at 05:47pm
Fade2Black:
I really dont like it when people use a swear word every second word, or in front of old people or people who should be respected eg: your parents, granparents, shopkeepers or if someones walking by on the road and people shout things at them. Thats a total lack of respect.
Well said, just what I was thinking.
Register