Swearing

AuthorMessage
The_Gunslinger
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
The_Gunslinger
November 27th, 2005 at 05:43am
Faith:
No Stranger To Shame:
agreed. i just find it really pathetic on the radio station here. they won't bleep out Bitch (and occasionally they screw up and they allow "fuck"Wink, but then words like bastard or ass is bleeped out each time. and not that it matters. but if you've ever heard the song "scars by papa roach" the part in the song when he screams "go fix yourself" yeah would you believe me when i told you that, that is bleeped out Rolling Eyes

Maybe they thought he said "Go fuck yourself!"... Confused
I think the most pathetic thing on the radio station here is that they bleep out swearing from the songs, but the DJ swear all the way! Shocked I think that's messed up.

Pretty Like Drugs:
i don't mind it.
well, there are some derogatory terms like 'whore' (in the sexual sense) and 'fag' that i don't like, and i'm really not sure if it's classed as swearing.
but if it's just to express your emotions... i mean, nobody's going to get traumatised or anything by hearing someone say 'fuck'... all the people with overly-sensitive ears need to get over themselves.

I really don't get it when people use "Fag" as an insult towards random people. I mean, to call a gay person "fag" is vulgar and offencive, but to call a straight guy a fag makes no sense to me...I mean what am I supposed to get offended from you calling me gay? It's like calling a white guy a "nigger" or calling a Jewish person a Christian... Confused

Whats even more funny is fag is a cigeratte and faggot is someone who smokes them 'Packet of fags please' 'Your a fag!' Ciggerates,mate' 'Im not your mate fag!!!'
LiamIsn'tOnFire.
Idiot
LiamIsn'tOnFire.
November 27th, 2005 at 08:16am
I swear like a trooper, but i know when to hold back. I dont find it offensive, it's not something that's gonna stop so may as well get used to it.
Trusty Chords.
Jackass
Trusty Chords.

Blog
November 27th, 2005 at 10:35am
Oh fuck! Laughing Sorry sorry I'll be serious..um I think swearing is okay in the right context...
*_dragonfly_*
Geek
*_dragonfly_*
November 27th, 2005 at 04:08pm
I say:
only say or swear things if you know what that is...
And all those tiny children shouting off stuff that they have no clue of is just weird in my opinion.

And of course, in holland the word "kanker" (cancer) is very popular, but since a lot of people die of it (inlcuding the sister of my friend) you can hardly use it without offending any one.

So be carefull with what your saying and to whom,
thats my point.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
November 27th, 2005 at 04:11pm
NoRa:
I say:
And all those tiny children shouting off stuff that they have no clue of is just weird in my opinion.

And of course, in holland the word "kanker" (cancer) is very popular, but since a lot of people die of it (inlcuding the sister of my friend) you can hardly use it without offending any one.

thats my point.

good point!
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
November 27th, 2005 at 04:12pm
tre_cool_is_god:
NoRa:
I say:

thats my point.

good point!

I second that.
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
November 27th, 2005 at 10:50pm
swearing makes me nervous
Dysentery Gary
Geek
Dysentery Gary
November 27th, 2005 at 11:47pm
my friend kicks me when i swear but she stopped cus i do it ALOT..

HAHA i win
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
November 28th, 2005 at 01:50pm
s0dapop_and_ritalin:
swearing makes me nervous

Drunk men/football loonies who wear the same types of clothes as a 'chav' and swear their heads off makes me nervous.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 28th, 2005 at 03:18pm
Where did swear words originate from anyway? Did some random man just sit down one day and say "Okay...fuck is now a swear word!" blah blah etc etc. Or..what?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 28th, 2005 at 03:34pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Where did swear words originate from anyway? Did some random man just sit down one day and say "Okay...fuck is now a swear word!" blah blah etc etc. Or..what?

They are of Anglo-Saxon origin i beleive. I'll have to go do some research properley though.
(edit)

In ancient England a person could not have sex unless you had consent of the King (unless you were in the Royal Family). When anyone wanted to have a baby, they got consent of the King, the King gave them a placard that they hung on their door while they were having sex. The placard had F.*.*.*. (Fornication Under Consent of the King) on it. Now you know where that came from.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 28th, 2005 at 03:45pm
bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

They are of Anglo-Saxon origin i beleive. I'll have to go do some research properley though.
(edit)

In ancient England a person could not have sex unless you had consent of the King (unless you were in the Royal Family). When anyone wanted to have a baby, they got consent of the King, the King gave them a placard that they hung on their door while they were having sex. The placard had F.*.*.*. (Fornication Under Consent of the King) on it. Now you know where that came from.

Wow! That's awesome!
Faith
Addict
Faith
November 28th, 2005 at 03:46pm
bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

(edit)

Wow, thanks so much for finding that! I had no idea. I was pretty sure "f" was from "fornication", but didn't know the rest.
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
November 28th, 2005 at 03:47pm
bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

(edit)

......Bloodraine!!! Fucking A'

Might come in handy...........

H-F-P-R
franzi
franzi
November 28th, 2005 at 03:49pm
bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

(edit)

wow, i feel so educated now Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy awesome !
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
November 28th, 2005 at 04:34pm
use it in moderation and only for specific purposes or else it loses all meaning

the only words I don't say are "N " (said only once, but I didn't know what it meant"Wink and "G D " (never said it in my life)(or typed it for that matter)
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
November 28th, 2005 at 04:42pm
Faith:
Pretty Like Drugs:
i don't mind it.
well, there are some derogatory terms like 'whore' (in the sexual sense) and 'fag' that i don't like, and i'm really not sure if it's classed as swearing.
but if it's just to express your emotions... i mean, nobody's going to get traumatised or anything by hearing someone say 'fuck'... all the people with overly-sensitive ears need to get over themselves.

I really don't get it when people use "Fag" as an insult towards random people. I mean, to call a gay person "fag" is vulgar and offencive, but to call a straight guy a fag makes no sense to me...I mean what am I supposed to get offended from you calling me gay? It's like calling a white guy a "nigger" or calling a Jewish person a Christian... Confused
what do you know, that's quite interesting really. I was so busy trying to avoid the derogatory meaning behind it that I never really looked at it that way...
Faith
Addict
Faith
November 28th, 2005 at 05:13pm
Pretty Like Drugs:
Faith:
Pretty Like Drugs:
i don't mind it.

what do you know, that's quite interesting really. I was so busy trying to avoid the derogatory meaning behind it that I never really looked at it that way...

Well, I guess, a straight guy is supposed to get offended when he gets called gay...if he still hasn't grown out of it. Although the whole idea of this insult is more offencive to gay people then to the one the name-calling is aimed at.
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
November 28th, 2005 at 05:15pm
Faith:
Pretty Like Drugs:
Faith:
Pretty Like Drugs:
i don't mind it.

Well, I guess, a straight guy is supposed to get offended when he gets called gay...if he still hasn't grown out of it. Although the whole idea of this insult is more offencive to gay people then to the one the name-calling is aimed at.
it would make sense, but I wouldn't have a clue. I've never been called a fag or anything along those lines. Whore, maybe, but that was just between friends joke... off-topic lol sorry.
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
November 28th, 2005 at 05:15pm
....Just remembered something......my grandad used to say (R.I.P)

when my gran told him off......for swearing

"I'll swear when I WANT to swear! Fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK!"

......ahh memories

H-F-P-R
Officially AMUSed to Death!
Register