Swearing

AuthorMessage
ROSHAMBO
Geek
ROSHAMBO
December 2nd, 2005 at 12:18am
Sometimes it gets into habit. Like if you want to something shit that's off the top off your head when you're angry you'd just say "Oh that's just shit!"
Drops of Jupiter
Idiot
Drops of Jupiter
December 2nd, 2005 at 07:50am
It doesn't really bother me, though i don't like it when people swear at me and genuingly mean it. But otherwise it doesn't matter and i do it myself.
sugarfucking
Falling In Love With The Board
sugarfucking
December 2nd, 2005 at 09:55am
I don't really find ones like "bitch", "shit" and "fuck" offensive, but if they go over the top then I mind...
11th Street Kid
King For A Couple Of Days
11th Street Kid
December 2nd, 2005 at 01:58pm
Faith:
basketcase17:
Swearing doesnt cause any offence to me in particular but i know to some people it offends them greatly. I think swearing is fine if you have a reason but innapropriate cursing is pretty ignorant and rude.

You know, I just for some reason started thinking about it....Well, I don't swear around people who are offeded by it and it might be a right thing to do...but on the other hand, some people get offended when they see a gay couple, or a guy with green hair, or a girl in a very short skirt...Should those censor what they are not to offend those around them? After all, why should those who tend to always swear filter it out for someone they don't even know?.. Confused

Well, if someone I loved and really respected didn't like it when I swore, then I'd probably try and make an effort. But if someone I didn't know didn't like it...well, that's their problem. I don't like people who don't like people because they swear or smokes cigarettes and are 'a bad influence' because they might be really nice people. If they don't like it...tough luck on them...because they can either go away or put up with it...I'm not gonna change for someone I barely know. All you'll ever get from me is me.
Snow White
Geek
Snow White
December 2nd, 2005 at 02:09pm
I don't have a problem with swearing at all. I do it every day (not all the time though), I don't see what's wrong with that. Some people find it offensive, but I really don't understand why.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
December 2nd, 2005 at 02:38pm
Snow White:
I don't have a problem with swearing at all. I do it every day (not all the time though), I don't see what's wrong with that. Some people find it offensive, but I really don't understand why.

Ah, such innocent people.
stilinski
stilinski

Blog
December 3rd, 2005 at 09:54am
i don't mind too much...but there's no need to cross the limits either...i mean...when you don't *need to* swear (because you never really need to anyway...but you know...), just don't...

i'm not part of those people who think other people are cooler when they swear every two words...jeez...no need to use these words jsut to look cool..
i'll prefer someone who can make a great come-back to someone who just says "fuck off, asshole"...i mean, really...GOD!...no need to exagerate...

anyways...that was my point of view...

and btw...i'm NOT against swearing at all...i mean...i swear too...but i just think sometimes some people take it too far

yeah...
Fely
Basket Case
Fely
December 3rd, 2005 at 05:56pm
i don't like it when little kids like 6-9 shout abuse at you.that's just nasty,if you accidently swear like if someone stood on your foot then that's ok.
Baguelle
Baguelle
December 3rd, 2005 at 05:57pm
I think they're just words and give more power to statements. I just don't really like when someone says "That's gay!" in a negitive way for my own reasons.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 3rd, 2005 at 07:58pm
Basket*Case:
I think they're just words and give more power to statements. I just don't really like when someone says "That's gay!" in a negitive way for my own reasons.

Exactly. That's what I said a couple of pages back. It's sick when people use "gay" as an offencive word. WTF? Rolling Eyes
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
February 26th, 2006 at 08:20pm
GreenDayIsBetter:
i really don't like the word cunt.. that's about it..
same, i swear all the time, i dont get offended by other people saying it to me... i actually say fuck about 50 times a day but cunt....eh.
Erin; Technophile
Post Whore
Erin; Technophile

Mibba
February 26th, 2006 at 08:47pm
to me words are words. nothing bad about them, nothing good about them
Dead End Girl
Addict
Dead End Girl
February 26th, 2006 at 10:12pm
I swear. Yeah.
But I NEVER EVER do around kids.
I wanna kick my friends when they do it around kids.

They don't need to turn out like us xD.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 26th, 2006 at 10:29pm
I have a rather foul mouth, I swear at myself more than anything else. They dont bother me (if they did I would have a major self-image crisis). I do find it disrespectful to swear in front of certain people though, its just rude. Any person who has talked to me long enough on GSB has probably seen my colorful mouth. Im actually proud of myself in this post, I kept it clean.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
February 27th, 2006 at 03:24pm
I swear a lot. I don't really do it to offend people though, its just sort of part of my vocabulary. I don't understand why people find it offencive when you're just saying something like "that fucking shit" and you're not insulting them, I mean its just words.
Another thing I don't get why is it ok to say pee off but not piss off, they both mean the same thing and sound sort of alike.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 27th, 2006 at 06:26pm
Snow White:

would you go for an interview and say "hello my name is fucking so and so?
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
February 27th, 2006 at 06:49pm
Ghost_in_the_snow:
I really dont like it when people use a swear word every second word, or in front of old people or people who should be respected eg: your parents, granparents, shopkeepers or if someones walking by on the road and people shout things at them. Thats a total lack of respect.
Eh
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 27th, 2006 at 06:54pm
if your command of the english language is that poor you have to swear to get your point across go back to school.
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
February 27th, 2006 at 06:56pm
Magne:
if your command of the english language is that poor you have to swear to get your point across go back to school.
I mostly swear in Latvian. Very Happy They're just words to me.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 27th, 2006 at 06:58pm
Harlequin Girl:
Magne:
I mostly swear in Latvian. Very Happy They're just words to me.

would you swear at your gran? Or mum? or dad?
Register