Why Don't You Believe?

AuthorMessage
DateLine
Idiot
DateLine
January 15th, 2007 at 07:03am
Anji:
<3BlackRoseOfDeath:

1/ Everyone is a sinner. That is why Jesus was sent down, to die for our sins. There is no one but Jesus who is so pure as to not sin.

2/ Who says 'Do what I say or die and burn in hell' ?

3/ They, as in we, discriminate against other religions because, God is the only God. And against homosexauls because it is written in the Bible that that is a sin. Though I'm pretty sure, most Christians, well most I know at least anyway don't have a problem with Homosexuals.

But why set out, and go to this length, to try and 'disprove' God?

People will always have the answers for you.
Technically, as an Evangelical Christian, George Bush believe that.

Ok, so George Bush believes that, but does he stand for every other Christian out there?
If, for instance this
'Do what I say or die and burn in hell' is God saying it. It's not true. Everyone sins. But that doesn't mean you wil burn in hell.If you have accepted into your life God, and that he sent Jesus down to die for your sins, then you won't be going to burn in hell. That is why Jesus was sent down, to save you from burning in hell.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
January 15th, 2007 at 07:56am
Chocolate Cookie:
good questions. i am atheist. well, you should ask them how can they prove that god exists?, not wiyh words, books or anything. materially practically prove it. hmm...maybe ask them to try and prove that jesus existed with some tooth fragment or dna or somehting...though that wouldnt make me believe...oh yeah, ask em how they know that jesus was god's son?

btw. i read some leaflet or somethin which contained a wish for teenagers to cometo the church in my school and well, i was disgusted by it...christianity has nothing to offer to meSmile

I think that's rediculous. These people have a faith. That means they believe in something that hasn't been proven. I think asking that of someone who has such a strong belief in their faith is just offensive. There is a point where it becomes offensive to people.

And they have proven that Jesus existed. How do they know that Jesus was God's son? Seriously, please, do your research before you come here. How do they know? In numerous documents it's been stated. Not just those from Jesus, but from his eyewitnesses, his followers, even his enemies. He may or may not have been telling the truth, but there we come to something called faith, once again.

Why were you disgusted? What was so bad about it?
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 15th, 2007 at 09:28am
Coff:
Chocolate Cookie:
good questions. i am atheist. well, you should ask them how can they prove that god exists?, not wiyh words, books or anything. materially practically prove it. hmm...maybe ask them to try and prove that jesus existed with some tooth fragment or dna or somehting...though that wouldnt make me believe...oh yeah, ask em how they know that jesus was god's son?

btw. i read some leaflet or somethin which contained a wish for teenagers to cometo the church in my school and well, i was disgusted by it...christianity has nothing to offer to meSmile

I think that's rediculous. These people have a faith. That means they believe in something that hasn't been proven. I think asking that of someone who has such a strong belief in their faith is just offensive. There is a point where it becomes offensive to people.

And they have proven that Jesus existed. How do they know that Jesus was God's son? Seriously, please, do your research before you come here. How do they know? In numerous documents it's been stated. Not just those from Jesus, but from his eyewitnesses, his followers, even his enemies. He may or may not have been telling the truth, but there we come to something called faith, once again.

Why were you disgusted? What was so bad about it?

i think it was basically the fact they had to shove it in his face.. its like when your on holiday in like africa and you get people following you trying to sell you things when if they just left you alone you would be more likely to buy anything they are gonna sell

dose that make sense?

its kinda look this is what you belive come and join us!..
i have read a few of those things myself and they actually scare me cause there so like almost brainwashing... stateing things that god loves us all and you should show your appriciation in church..

thats why i think he was disgusted.. though i cant speak for him but i can for myself.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 15th, 2007 at 10:24am
I don't understand why someone would be disgusted, are you disgusted when you read articles in magazines and therefore reading advertisements, are you disgusted watching your favorite tv show and a brand product is used by an actor. A church runs on donations which is recieves from the congregations, to make sure they have a congregation they have to advertise the church and theoretically god. To be honest it's really hard to just join a church from off the street. Fliers can act as an invitation.

I'm more disgusted by teenagers swearing, drinking and leaving nothing to the imagination but no one censoring that...are they!
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 15th, 2007 at 10:32am
<3BlackRoseOfDeath:
Anji:
<3BlackRoseOfDeath:

1/ Everyone is a sinner. That is why Jesus was sent down, to die for our sins. There is no one but Jesus who is so pure as to not sin.

2/ Who says 'Do what I say or die and burn in hell' ?

3/ They, as in we, discriminate against other religions because, God is the only God. And against homosexauls because it is written in the Bible that that is a sin. Though I'm pretty sure, most Christians, well most I know at least anyway don't have a problem with Homosexuals.

But why set out, and go to this length, to try and 'disprove' God?

People will always have the answers for you.
Technically, as an Evangelical Christian, George Bush believe that.

Ok, so George Bush believes that, but does he stand for every other Christian out there?
If, for instance this
'Do what I say or die and burn in hell' is God saying it. It's not true. Everyone sins. But that doesn't mean you wil burn in hell.If you have accepted into your life God, and that he sent Jesus down to die for your sins, then you won't be going to burn in hell. That is why Jesus was sent down, to save you from burning in hell.
Actually I was just mentioning it, not debating you, cause you're right.
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 15th, 2007 at 05:39pm
NeoSteph:
I don't understand why someone would be disgusted, are you disgusted when you read articles in magazines and therefore reading advertisements, are you disgusted watching your favorite tv show and a brand product is used by an actor. A church runs on donations which is recieves from the congregations, to make sure they have a congregation they have to advertise the church and theoretically god. To be honest it's really hard to just join a church from off the street. Fliers can act as an invitation.

I'm more disgusted by teenagers swearing, drinking and leaving nothing to the imagination but no one censoring that...are they!

im not disgusted by advertisements.. neither by a flier or joining a church... but i do dissaprove both to some extent.

also its one thing to put it on the box or on posters.. and another to put it in your face like that.. and some people go door to door advertiseing..

(my birth parents used to be jahovas witnesses and being forced to go round asking people to join up when your little and having the door slammed in your face isnt very nice for anyone so why do they do it?)
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
January 16th, 2007 at 05:33am
tyco:

im not disgusted by advertisements.. neither by a flier or joining a church... but i do dissaprove both to some extent.

also its one thing to put it on the box or on posters.. and another to put it in your face like that.. and some people go door to door advertiseing..

(my birth parents used to be jahovas witnesses and being forced to go round asking people to join up when your little and having the door slammed in your face isnt very nice for anyone so why do they do it?)
Well then you probably aren't watching tv cause with all the advertisements they do put it in your face to buy some product. I just don't get whats your problem with them giving flyers and inviting people to church. Jehovah's witnesses knocked on my door and I politely say no and thats it. Why would I be disgusted with that, its not like they asked for something wrong.
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 16th, 2007 at 06:22am
Bittersweet vivisect ants:
tyco:

Well then you probably aren't watching tv cause with all the advertisements they do put it in your face to buy some product. I just don't get whats your problem with them giving flyers and inviting people to church. Jehovah's witnesses knocked on my door and I politely say no and thats it. Why would I be disgusted with that, its not like they asked for something wrong.

please read what i just said, stop jumping the gun.. i said im not disgusted! but i said i dissaprove of both that includes advertisement on tv.. the thing is with tv you have a choice.

the disgusted part came from somone else i was just helping people understand maybe why they felt like that its not what i felt!! HOW CLEAR CAN I MAKE THAT!
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 16th, 2007 at 08:39am
tyco:
NeoSteph:

Jehovah's witnesses are a very extreme demonination of the church and according to their belief system should not be used as an example of all christianity. I doubt what really happened was the flier was shoved under her nose as that technically assualt Rolling Eyes more likely it was passed to her, which isn't very forcefull really.

*notice i didn't actually quote you, so i wasn't sayg you personally were disgusted. I don't understand what you dissaprov of, if you were running an organisation would you promote it?
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 16th, 2007 at 09:42am
NeoSteph:
tyco:
NeoSteph:

of corse.
but that dosnt mean i have to like others doing so or approve of others.
i would only do so so i could make a living and its not really the advertising i dissaprove of its the methods in which they do so. (they meaning advertisers)

Jehovah's witnesses are a very extreme demonination of the church and according to their belief system should not be used as an example of all christianity. I doubt what really happened was the flier was shoved under her nose as that technically assualt Rolling Eyes more likely it was passed to her, which isn't very forcefull really.

*notice i didn't actually quote you, so i wasn't sayg you personally were disgusted. I don't understand what you dissaprov of, if you were running an organisation would you promote it?
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 16th, 2007 at 09:46am
NeoSteph:
tyco:
NeoSteph:

i wasnt using jehovah's witnesses as an example of all christianity i was just giving an example of my own experiances.

and of corse i would so i could make a living and earn some money everyone has to advertise its the way in which some people do so which i dissaprove of.. and also that dosnt mean i have to approve of others doing it..
the bottom line is.. i feel people dont get a choice with some advertisements..
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 16th, 2007 at 09:51am
also there are places to advertise and the school isnt one of them!..
its like a while ago over here in the uk a school was telling children of the age of 6 that santa wasnt real.. this upset the kids and spoiled a lot of there festive spirit..

i dont think its in the schools place to do things like that unless you specifically go to a religious school..
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 16th, 2007 at 10:02am
tyco:
i dissagree they have simularitys but still very different but many religions are linked or are simular to others.
They do have similarities, they bothe believe in giving up your affluencial power to live in deliberate poverty, as a way to live in Heaven. Except Heaven is Enlightenment in Buddhism. The way that you pray is exactly the same in both religions and doesn't appear in many other religions. Throughout history (especially in the Middle Ages with travellers like Sir John Mandeville), explorers have noted East Asian religions which they thought was Christianity, but they mistook Buddhism for Christianity in actuality.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 16th, 2007 at 10:04am
STEPH!!! DOUBLE POOOOST!

Like I always have said, if there's proof of God, it's in NeoSteph. *Sucking up.*

Too cool
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 16th, 2007 at 10:12am
Anji:
tyco:
i dissagree they have simularitys but still very different but many religions are linked or are simular to others.
They do have similarities, they bothe believe in giving up your affluencial power to live in deliberate poverty, as a way to live in Heaven. Except Heaven is Enlightenment in Buddhism. The way that you pray is exactly the same in both religions and doesn't appear in many other religions. Throughout history (especially in the Middle Ages with travellers like Sir John Mandeville), explorers have noted East Asian religions which they thought was Christianity, but they mistook Buddhism for Christianity in actuality.

but the differences is why i prefer bhuddismn.. they seem very humble.. and i like that.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 16th, 2007 at 10:13am
tyco:
Anji:
tyco:

but the differences is why i prefer bhuddismn.. they seem very humble.. and i like that.
Yeah, but there are similarities.
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 16th, 2007 at 10:14am
Anji:
tyco:
Anji:
tyco:

oh yea i dont dispute that.. in fact i full heartedly agree.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 16th, 2007 at 10:15am
tyco:
Anji:
tyco:
Anji:
tyco:

oh yea i dont dispute that.. in fact i full heartedly agree.
You said before that you disagree.
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 16th, 2007 at 10:22am
i dissagreed that they where very simular i think they are simular but they have a lot of differences.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 16th, 2007 at 10:32am
tyco:
i dissagreed that they where very simular i think they are simular but they have a lot of differences.
Not really. When the Bible is read metaphorically, as I'm sure it was meant, they are really similar. The symbolism that appears in both is uncannily similar. The Middle Way appears in biblical texts sometimes. The Japanese even called Buddha the same name as Christians used to call God.
Register