Anarchy.

AuthorMessage
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
March 20th, 2006 at 04:02pm
I'm not very well up on the whole Anarchy thing but what about hospitals, schools and other servies? With no goverment who would fond them? Doctors and teachers aren't going to work for free so who is going to pay? The sick, injured and the parents? and what if they can't afford it no education for little Jimmy, is that it?
Or will we still be paying taxes? and if so with no police and goverment to make people pay taxes quite a few people wont bother.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
March 20th, 2006 at 09:43pm
I don't agree with anarchy. I also don't agree with tryhards pretending to be punk or emo drawing the symbol everywhere without knowing what it actually means. I have seriously asked about 4 people who have had it as their display picture if they know what it means, and they said no, and they said they are keeping it there because its "punk"

I won't tell you what I said in reply, but I really hate that.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
March 21st, 2006 at 12:19pm
Coff:
I don't agree with anarchy. I also don't agree with tryhards pretending to be punk or emo drawing the symbol everywhere without knowing what it actually means. I have seriously asked about 4 people who have had it as their display picture if they know what it means, and they said no, and they said they are keeping it there because its "punk"

It annoys me when people do that with the Baphomet or Pentagram or 8 pointed star, or the chaos symbol.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 21st, 2006 at 01:01pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Coff:

It annoys me when people do that with the Baphomet or Pentagram or 8 pointed star, or the chaos symbol.

I agree with the Anarchy symbol being misused...I've seen so many kids wearing it on sweatbands, tshirts, bandanas.
However, I don't see how that can be so for a Pentagram. Pentagrams mean so many different things to so many different groups, races, religions and people in general that it would be foolish to assume one is a 'poser' for wearing one.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
March 21st, 2006 at 01:50pm
Spirit Of '77:
Bloodraine:
Spirit Of '77:
sure, their would be some people who would probably kill people and be violent and shit like that. there's no avoiding it. people would just have to learn to be self defensive when it comes to certain types of people (not that a law really stops the really psychopathic people that go out and do the killing in the first place, but whatever).

Oh, to be a young idealist...

Anarchy is a dream for the idealists. Anarchy would only work on a short term basis. I'm not a believer, can you tell?

What about the people who can't learn to be self defensive, eh?. Give us anarchy, and there will be slaughter, chaos, destruction. You might like that, but I don't. Perhaps, on a short term basis, I could condone Anarchy. But not in the long term. It will never work.

dear, there's already slaughter, chaos, and destruction. laws dont make people stop killing, and laws and stupid government actions MAKE people kill people.

you still couldnt just go out and kill someone. sure, no government would come after you and you wouldnt do jail time or anything. but the victims friends and family could do the same thing back to you. you'd only be making yourself the next target of violence if you were to be so stupid.

Paradoxical has said above, Anarchy is not the opposite of parliamentry law. Destroy the government and different types of law will be put into place by those who seek to gain from the chaos anarchy would reap.

If you honest to god think that there would be repricussions for those who murder without a justice system then i suggest you move to a region of africa and Brazil and see how that works for you. Without the police there's no one to carry out DNA accounts on a national scale, without a national service you could not track down a murderer. It would be extremely difficult to find whose responcible leading to wrong people to be killed by lynching, which theoritically what your suggesting.

Mob-like mentality would take-over, leading to be being killed because of their race, creed, class and no repricussions to speak of. Humans are the most flawed animal on the face of this earth because we have been giving the gift to love we can also hate, mainly for the wrong reasons.

Education would cease to exist with no government funding, how would schools run for kids who come from a poor background. a background which makes up the majority of this country. There would be no Healthcare either.

If our country had no government, we're left open from invasion of other stronger nation, sounds highly unlikely but they could manipulate their own people into thinking that the invasion was to restore order not to take-over, sound familier?

we would no longer have trade, communication to the outside world, travel. Countries which have no government are excommunicated from world politics and views.

By all means the people have the right to change the leader of this country, but if you remove him or her completely, your cutting off your voice in an expanding planet.

on your other comments: government policies make people kill people. When Ian Huntly murdered two little girls and burned their bodies in a dustbin i doubt it was because of tax cuts.

When a young teenage girl is raped and murdered on her way home from a party, i doubt that murderer was thinking to himself that will teach tony blair to ignore global warming.

when person is killed because of the colour of their skin I once again doubt it's because the house of commons banned smoking in open places.

Humans kill because we are monsters, we kill for pleasure, for self-gain, for clothes, for status.

Do not think for one minute that 50 million people live in a more peaceful state than now if total Anarchy took over.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
March 21st, 2006 at 05:10pm
Bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Coff:

I agree with the Anarchy symbol being misused...I've seen so many kids wearing it on sweatbands, tshirts, bandanas.
However, I don't see how that can be so for a Pentagram. Pentagrams mean so many different things to so many different groups, races, religions and people in general that it would be foolish to assume one is a 'poser' for wearing one.

I never said I accused ANYONE of being a poser..I really disagree with the word poser.
Werepuppy
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Werepuppy
March 23rd, 2006 at 03:00pm
I'm a anarchist. there I've admitted it. but I'm not a straight out "lets have no government whatsoever" anarchist. I believe that there SHOULD be some sort of government, but it should be better thought out than the one we have just now. I don't want a big revolution. I just want better choice.

anarchy is defined by the dictionary as "lawlessness and disorder; lack of government in a state" and yeah that is true. but that doesnt men it should happen state away. the basic idea of anaarchy is more freedom, not having a government making stupid desicision that could really muck us up. like i said earlier, im not a strict anarchist, im a relaxed anarchist, i believ there should be someone guiding us, repesenting us. but come on, the governmets in the uk and the usa today do not give the people what they want. surely we should be able to do something about it?
Kitti
Kitti
March 23rd, 2006 at 04:00pm
Werepuppy:
I'm a anarchist. there I've admitted it. but I'm not a straight out "lets have no government whatsoever" anarchist. I believe that there SHOULD be some sort of government, but it should be better thought out than the one we have just now. I don't want a big revolution. I just want better choice.

anarchy is defined by the dictionary as "lawlessness and disorder; lack of government in a state" and yeah that is true. but that doesnt men it should happen state away. the basic idea of anaarchy is more freedom, not having a government making stupid desicision that could really muck us up. like i said earlier, im not a strict anarchist, im a relaxed anarchist, i believ there should be someone guiding us, repesenting us. but come on, the governmets in the uk and the usa today do not give the people what they want. surely we should be able to do something about it?

Being against the government such as it stands and being an anarchist are two very different things. Anarchy is the absence of order, stability, and government. You say you're an anarchist, but then you directly contradict that. You're either a disestablihmentarianist or an antidisestablishmentarianist, but what you described is not anarchy.

So let's discuss anarchy and humanity. Using logic, because we're cool like that.

Humans are animals. This is indisputable fact. Animals as a whole cannot function under anarchy. They always look to a dominant animal. The biggest, the strongest, the most intimidating. The alpha animal. They naturally seek this leadership to create order for themselves.

No human or animal has ever lived in total anarchy. Why not? Because it is impossible. Seeking leadership is in our blood. it is one of the deepest instincts we have and is possibly the only one that humans cannot deny themselves.

I can't tell you how many people have predicted outcomes of anarchy being good on some level. Think again. The longest period of anarchy any animal can take is probably close to twenty minutes. We need to know where we stand in our society. Not "socially" but within the infrastructure of our system of interaction. Past that, we don't know what anarchy would be like. It's never been done. Humans as animals need government.

When a child is born, it looks to a parental role to guide, teach, and provide for it. As small children, there is always a kid we look to because they're fun or they're a bully. As teenagers...we all know that story. It goes on through our whole lives. Under anarchy, you have to see status as uncertain, and it has to stay that way.

One final thing--I want to recommend a great work of fiction that deals with the theme of anarchy quite well: The Life of Pi by Yann Martel. It's a great novel, and even though it is fiction, its thematic content is highly relevant to this subject.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
March 23rd, 2006 at 05:14pm
paradoxical:
Werepuppy:

Being against the government such as it stands and being an anarchist are two very different things. Anarchy is the absence of order, stability, and government. You say you're an anarchist, but then you directly contradict that. You're either a disestablihmentarianist or an antidisestablishmentarianist, but what you described is not anarchy.

So let's discuss anarchy and humanity. Using logic, because we're cool like that.

Humans are animals. This is indisputable fact. Animals as a whole cannot function under anarchy. They always look to a dominant animal. The biggest, the strongest, the most intimidating. The alpha animal. They naturally seek this leadership to create order for themselves.

No human or animal has ever lived in total anarchy. Why not? Because it is impossible. Seeking leadership is in our blood. it is one of the deepest instincts we have and is possibly the only one that humans cannot deny themselves.

I can't tell you how many people have predicted outcomes of anarchy being good on some level. Think again. The longest period of anarchy any animal can take is probably close to twenty minutes. We need to know where we stand in our society. Not "socially" but within the infrastructure of our system of interaction. Past that, we don't know what anarchy would be like. It's never been done. Humans as animals need government.

When a child is born, it looks to a parental role to guide, teach, and provide for it. As small children, there is always a kid we look to because they're fun or they're a bully. As teenagers...we all know that story. It goes on through our whole lives. Under anarchy, you have to see status as uncertain, and it has to stay that way.

One final thing--I want to recommend a great work of fiction that deals with the theme of anarchy quite well: The Life of Pi by Yann Martel. It's a great novel, and even though it is fiction, its thematic content is highly relevant to this subject.

I know what that means ---->antidisestablishmentarianist Retard

Anarchy is one of those man made words that actually doesn't consist with a time, person or place. which makes it non-existent.
Kitti
Kitti
March 23rd, 2006 at 05:38pm
NeoSteph:
paradoxical:
Werepuppy:

Anarchy is one of those man made words that actually doesn't consist with a time, person or place. which makes it non-existent.

lmfao
It's a word I can spell but not type Razz Rolling Eyes

This seems to be a good argument/simplified system. ^_^

(Note: anarchy-- not to be confused with anachronism, which is totally different.)
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
March 23rd, 2006 at 06:01pm
paradoxical:
NeoSteph:
paradoxical:
Werepuppy:

lmfao
It's a word I can spell but not type Razz Rolling Eyes

This seems to be a good argument/simplified system. ^_^

(Note: anarchy-- not to be confused with anachronism, which is totally different.)

you make the long intelligent well documented post and i'll sum it up with some crack pot quote, if politicians can do it, so can I Cool
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
March 23rd, 2006 at 06:07pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Coff:

haha, the pentagram. that's always fun. just because it always gets to people, you know? like a swastika. haha. it's fucking great.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 24th, 2006 at 11:09am
Spirit Of '77:
haha, the pentagram. that's always fun. just because it always gets to people, you know? like a swastika. haha. it's fucking great.

Why would a pentagram 'get' at people? Eh

It's not an offensive symbol...even Christians use a sort of Pentagram...
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
March 24th, 2006 at 01:48pm
Spirit Of '77:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Coff:

Mmhmm.
Kitti
Kitti
March 24th, 2006 at 03:34pm
Bloodraine:
Spirit Of '77:

Yes. It's called a pentacle and it's an obscure symbol for God, and it's also used in Wicca.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 24th, 2006 at 03:38pm
paradoxical:
Bloodraine:
Spirit Of '77:

Yes. It's called a pentacle and it's an obscure symbol for God, and it's also used in Wicca.

Basically all it is is a five pointed star...I believe it is used in quite a few Pagan faiths (although I might be wrong). It also has uses for some very unusual religions.

Not that this has anything to do with Anarchy, but hey ho.

My physics teacher told us today he was an Anarchist Confused. I think he was more of a Disestablishmentarian (sp).
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
March 24th, 2006 at 03:42pm
Bloodraine:
paradoxical:
Bloodraine:
Spirit Of '77:

Basically all it is is a five pointed star...I believe it is used in quite a few Pagan faiths (although I might be wrong). It also has uses for some very unusual religions.

My physics teacher told us today he was an Anarchist Confused. I think he was more of a Disestablishmentarian (sp).

I hate symbols I can never remember them, i'm better with words.

I always get the pentagram mixed up with the star of david. thankfully i've never said something in front of a jewish person that could get me beaten up.
Kitti
Kitti
March 24th, 2006 at 03:49pm
NeoSteph:
Bloodraine:
paradoxical:
Bloodraine:
Spirit Of '77:

I always get the pentagram mixed up with the star of david. thankfully i've never said something in front of a jewish person that could get me beaten up.

Star of David has six points. Laughing
The difficult part is remembering the difference between a pentagram and a pentacle. Both are five pointed stars enclosed in a circle, but a pentagram points down and a pentacle up.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
March 24th, 2006 at 03:58pm
paradoxical:
NeoSteph:
Bloodraine:
paradoxical:
Bloodraine:
Spirit Of '77:

Star of David has six points. Laughing
The difficult part is remembering the difference between a pentagram and a pentacle. Both are five pointed stars enclosed in a circle, but a pentagram points down and a pentacle up.

now use that logic and imagine me trying to remember diagrams in science. I swear if it isn't in writing it goes right out of my head. hence why my desk looks like world war three broke out and the only casualty is paper.
ciaraedwincool
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ciaraedwincool
March 25th, 2006 at 01:47pm
For God's sake why would you think anarchy is a good idea? Your all wannabes who think your "punks" but that does'nt exist anymore. Stop trying to be cool, its the most stupid concept on this planet.
Register