Anarchy.

AuthorMessage
wfougoafoihqfe
Falling In Love With The Board
wfougoafoihqfe
June 17th, 2007 at 04:10pm
These kids a year younger than me started a band called the anarchy recently. I asked them if they knew what it meant & the respone was "Something about punk"

I think they've changed the band name now :/

I've seen loads of kids get hyped up about anarchy, oblivious to what it actually is.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
June 18th, 2007 at 10:03am
I'm not a believer. Not to say I think the government is doing a bloody amazing job or anything. But I think the fact that there is a government, and lawmakers, keeps a lot of people in line. The absence of such may not lead to a rise in murdering and whatnot, but I think it would cause a rise in general criminality.

I don't trust most humans with free will.
Mike N Tre Erections
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Mike N Tre Erections

Blog
June 29th, 2007 at 08:08am
To achieve Anarchy we need to prove to people that we can survive in todays society without law and order.
But the problem is, we can't survive without law and order.

Things are bad enough as it is with the law in place.
Can you only imagine what it would be like without them?
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 29th, 2007 at 10:49am
A Wasted Youth:
To achieve Anarchy we need to prove to people that we can survive in todays society without law and order.
But the problem is, we can't survive without law and order.

Things are bad enough as it is with the law in place.
Can you only imagine what it would be like without them?
Anarchy has nothing to do with a society without 'law and order' again, peopple misjudge this because the 70's gave anarchy a negative connotation and now anarchists are viewed as 'youths who want to be politically active but are too dumb to understand anything so resort to an anarchy fad instead'. Not that that isn't true in some cases.

Read a book. 'Poverty of Philosophy' by Pierre Joseph Proudhon is a good one. Even though there were debates over the differences between anarchists and Marxists, the fact that they were once considered similar suggests that there is more to anarchy than chaos. Godwin is also a good writer with a few references towards pre-1900's anarchy and government politics. I think you'll find the word 'anarchy' has been extrememly disambigufied.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
June 30th, 2007 at 06:41am
^Exactly. And I recommend Godwin`s and Proudhon`s books to everyone. You will understand more about Anarchy.
Michake
Geek
Michake
July 17th, 2007 at 04:44pm
i believe in anarchy
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
July 17th, 2007 at 10:08pm
Tears Don't Fall.:
i believe in anarchy
One sentence inst enough. You should explain your opinion.
Michake
Geek
Michake
July 19th, 2007 at 03:37am
Lupinator:
Tears Don't Fall.:
i believe in anarchy
One sentence inst enough. You should explain your opinion.

okay. i believe in anarchy. i believe if we all stopped driving our cars for a week, gas just might come down. also, if we over-threw our government and got someone in there that knew what they were doing there may not be so much violence or war or stuff like that.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
July 19th, 2007 at 01:44pm
That's not anarchy, though, that's overthrowing the government (there is fancy word for that, I think, but my mind is a-blank o_O) and installing a new one.

Anarchy is the absence of a government or any kind of organized law.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
July 19th, 2007 at 01:50pm
Bloodraine:
That's not anarchy, though, that's overthrowing the government (there is fancy word for that, I think, but my mind is a-blank o_O) and installing a new one.

Anarchy is the absence of a government or any kind of organized law.
Revolution? Coolio

And if you over-thrown a government and put a new on that isn't Anarchy because you would still have authority.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 19th, 2007 at 05:32pm
'Revolution sets a country back one hundred years.' Look at China under Mao's regime. The Khmer Rouge in Cambodia. The Bolshevik Revolution, the Nicaraguan Revolution, the French Revolution, the Romanian Revolution, Croatian War of Independence following the revolution, do I really need to continue.

If you would like an indepth report of a revolution then feel free to PM me. I know the lot.
What's in a name?
What's in a name?

Mibba
July 19th, 2007 at 11:01pm
Anarchy was initially an ideology for forming a society where everyone lived as equals. So of course there could be no government or anything of that sort. It’s a utopia, yeah. And it’s most likely unachievable. But it didn’t start out as an idea of a big scale riot or a revolution to make sure that people could do whatever they liked. It has been misunderstood (and it.s meaning altered in time?). I agree with what Bloodraine (and others) said though; I wouldn’t trust humanity with ultimate freedom.

One thing here gets to me though. A certain argument against anarchy. And, in a way, the way my post will deal with that argument might get slightly of topic but I’ll bring it up anyway.

All animals aren’t governed. That’s one reason only a very small portion of all animals on earth are domesticated. Because to domesticate an animal it needs certain qualities. One is that the animals naturally have a pack leader. Like horses. Now, why didn’t zebras get domesticated? They’re pretty similar to horses. Well, because they don’t have a pack leader (and because of their temper also but that’s besides the point Razz).

And what’s this about going against nature anyway (as one of you mentioned)? For example; tigers don’t have any type of leaders. No wonder anyway, they don’t even live in packs. And there are plenty of animals not living in packs with heirarchys and leader.

Why humans have leaders have nothing to do with any “laws of nature” and you can’t expect all of nature to be the same. I would say that it’s a bit ignorant to state that every animal has a leader because that most certainly isn’t the case. Now, I don’t know why some animals that live in packs have leader and some don’t (like zebras and fish) but it’s obvious that humans are the kind with leader. It’s just the way we normally function I guess so you’re correct right there. It’s just that you’re arguments doesn’t hold.

Sorry for not replying to each one of you separately but then I’d pretty much would have repeated myself. Personally I think you should be careful with observing human behavior and then trying to explain it by giving examples of the way some animals behave. Or vice versa. Cool
What's in a name?
What's in a name?

Mibba
July 19th, 2007 at 11:04pm
Lucifers Angel:
its in our nature to kill each other!!

Bloodraine:
It isn't.
It doesn't happen that way in the animal kingdom; for instance i'll take Steph's example of wolves seeing as they're my favourite animals and I know a bit about them.

Wolves have a basic instinct to find prey, to eat. Wolves also have a basic instinct to mate, so they can produce more wolves. What they don't have, is a driving desire to kill one another, that wouldn't be logical. Okay, so they might on occasion kill eachother, but that's down to dominance matters and others really.

She’s just referring to a song by Papa Roach =P From “Between Angels and Insects” on their album Infest. But you’re absolutely right, Bloodraine. Although you really didn’t have to involve another specie to prove it. Humans have an “instinct” not to kill each other. And the example with the wolves doesn’t actually prove that other spices (in this case humans) behave the same anyway. The king cobra for example is a cannibal and will eat members of its own spices. Which is a basic instinct for that particular animal, but that doesn’t apply to all other animals. Wink (now you can say that that kind of snake doesn't live in packs while wolves and humans do, but set that aside and the point I'm trying to make will make more sense...I hope Razz)
What's in a name?
What's in a name?

Mibba
July 19th, 2007 at 11:04pm
-double post-
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
July 20th, 2007 at 07:08pm
Anji:
'Revolution sets a country back one hundred years.' Look at China under Mao's regime. The Khmer Rouge in Cambodia. The Bolshevik Revolution, the Nicaraguan Revolution, the French Revolution, the Romanian Revolution, Croatian War of Independence following the revolution, do I really need to continue.

If you would like an indepth report of a revolution then feel free to PM me. I know the lot.
We didn't have an revolution. o_o
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
July 20th, 2007 at 10:16pm
There are different forms of anarchy. Yes?
But the one I found interesting was the one where they believe that you don't need specific rules, but you simply follow what you find to be the best/decide to do.

Some people think anarchy is breaking the rules because they can. But maybe it wouldn't be breaking the rules. I guess it all depends on how you were raised, what your morals are, what you find to be right and wrong.
Michake
Geek
Michake
July 23rd, 2007 at 03:55am
I!atthedeathlyhallow:
There are different forms of anarchy. Yes?
But the one I found interesting was the one where they believe that you don't need specific rules, but you simply follow what you find to be the best/decide to do.

Some people think anarchy is breaking the rules because they can. But maybe it wouldn't be breaking the rules. I guess it all depends on how you were raised, what your morals are, what you find to be right and wrong.

see thats how i learned it to be... the whole breaking the rules thing (more or less)
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 23rd, 2007 at 07:38am
Lupinator:
Anji:

Not necessarily a revolution of sorts, bt there was an over throw of power, wasn't there?

Maybe it's the media teasing the facts, but there were hundreds of thousands of people displaced from the war. I think it started from what was called the 'Log Revolution'. When the Croatian Serbs disputed the government after the first democratic elections. Serbians began severing ties to Croatia. Mind you it wasn't exactly the climax for the Croatian War, but it definatly sparked some tensions.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
July 23rd, 2007 at 07:06pm
Anji:
Not necessarily a revolution of sorts, bt there was an over throw of power, wasn't there?

Maybe it's the media teasing the facts, but there were hundreds of thousands of people displaced from the war. I think it started from what was called the 'Log Revolution'. When the Croatian Serbs disputed the government after the first democratic elections. Serbians began severing ties to Croatia. Mind you it wasn't exactly the climax for the Croatian War, but it definatly sparked some tensions.
Oh that. Coolio

Well Croats always had tensions with the Serbs tbh. I still think we are better off independent. You are right when you say revolutions didn't bring anything good, but so didn't communism. I have never lived in Yugoslavia, but I know enough about it to dislike it.

[/offtopic]
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
July 23rd, 2007 at 07:08pm
Anji:
Lupinator:
Anji:

Register