Green Day parents?

AuthorMessage
*60sChild*
Geek
*60sChild*

Mibba
March 12th, 2007 at 09:47am
I AM a parent and I listen to Green Day but only got into them when American Idiot was brought out. I've seen them twice, Hammersmith and Milton Keynes and am a member of the Idiot Club. My kids still think I'm embarassing though so can't win. I wanted to go and see MCR but my son (whose 15) told me I'd be too old!
Verbatim.
King For A Couple Of Days
Verbatim.
March 14th, 2007 at 06:14pm
my mum wants to marry Billie Joe.

My mum is such a teenie tehe
Toxic Narcotic
Toxic Narcotic

Mibba
March 14th, 2007 at 08:43pm
potheads
thats what dad thinks
potheads
all of them
potheads

not like HE isnt one
hahahahahahahhahahahaa
he likes them, just a tiny bit
Baby Im An Anarchist
Geek
Baby Im An Anarchist
March 14th, 2007 at 10:39pm
My dad likes em a lot. He got me into them. And my mom likes a few songs.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 17th, 2007 at 12:06pm
*60sChild*:
I AM a parent and I listen to Green Day but only got into them when American Idiot was brought out. I've seen them twice, Hammersmith and Milton Keynes and am a member of the Idiot Club. My kids still think I'm embarassing though so can't win. I wanted to go and see MCR but my son (whose 15) told me I'd be too old!

i ahve a son who's 15 and we go to lots of concerts together, we ahve so much fun, last one was lostprophets in blackpool. tell your son your never to old to enjoy yourself
black_hawk_2009
Idiot
black_hawk_2009

Mibba
March 17th, 2007 at 08:30pm
*60sChild*:

You're son's a douche. Lol, kidding... but he is wrong though... I'm 15 and I say if you wanna go to a concert, frickin go... ha ha, the only reason I'd tell my mom not to go to one like that is that she's not cool enough. xD
My dad, I might let go... he's got a few decent musical interests...
*shrugs*
Kelly Khaos
Idiot
Kelly Khaos

Mibba Blog
March 20th, 2007 at 06:40pm
black_hawk_2009:
*60sChild*:

You're son's a douche. Lol, kidding... but he is wrong though... I'm 15 and I say if you wanna go to a concert, frickin go... ha ha, the only reason I'd tell my mom not to go to one like that is that she's not cool enough. xD
My dad, I might let go... he's got a few decent musical interests...
*shrugs*
hahaa definitely! don't listen to your kid! go enjoy some good ol' rock and roll! Shifty
asdfghjkl
Geek
asdfghjkl
March 20th, 2007 at 06:45pm
Meh..My mom HATES them but my dad doesn't really care. He just like BOBD but he's into punk because he listens to Blondie, Pink Floyd, the Living End and stuff like that.
Sumthin Smushi
Idiot
Sumthin Smushi
March 21st, 2007 at 12:26pm
My mom hates Billie n Tre, esp. Billie. She says he always looks like he hasnt showered in weeks! But she thinks Mike is gorgeous! LoL!
I dont think my dad has any idea who Green Day is! Even thou half the wall in my room is covered with them.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 21st, 2007 at 04:12pm
Nimrod409:
Meh..My mom HATES them but my dad doesn't really care. He just like BOBD but he's into punk because he listens to Blondie, Pink Floyd, the Living End and stuff like that.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 21st, 2007 at 04:12pm
Nimrod409:

PMSL!!!

i listen to blondie and Pink Floyd and i also love Bon Jovi, but i adore Green day!!!

(remember it is boring to drink with someone who has only one sort of music in they're cd collection)
Joel McHale.
Joel McHale.

Blog
March 21st, 2007 at 11:09pm
My moms french so when she came to america she found out about Green Day and she's like "yeah i like them" when i ask her. Though when i was trying to show her what billie was wearing she told me she thinks he's cute..... My dad however refers to them as " Pot-smoking enviromentalists" go figure he thinks there anti-american... well he can go listen to his 80's rock......
Joel McHale.
Joel McHale.

Blog
March 21st, 2007 at 11:16pm
Adeline_love:
x-Billie and Adie-x:
well my mum likes wake me up when spetember ends but thats it and my dad hates them he doesnt like the fact Billie Joe wares make up and he doesnt like the language that they use in songs/interviews whatever. My mum takes away my cds too when im in trouble. My parents thought that Green Day was just a phase thats id grow out of. didnt happen!

ahahahaha same here
my dad's like "so who's the next band to cover your walls?"

Eh I know Though My mom's all " You Got get over your Green Day you'll get obsessed." Too late for that...
Joel McHale.
Joel McHale.

Blog
March 21st, 2007 at 11:20pm
Hitchin' A Riot:
Ballroom Blitz:
onethousandsmoothed:
yeah,she's a wanna be. she even loves Johnny Depp, and Pete Wentz... shouldn't she be into princesses and pink n' stuff?
Please tell me, How the fuck can your age determine if you are allowed to like a band and not be considered a poseur?
Lot's of people like Pete and Johnny. So what? Lots of people like Billie even people that don't know he's in a band. Just because they have a pretty face and you like it doesn't mean that you're a poseur.
Sure, But music doesn't have to do with any of that. My friend loves the color pink and she loves Marilyn Manson. Does that make he fake? no.

Just let your sister listen to what ever she wants...god -_-

True. but wouldn't it be awkward havin' your little sister say " Shut the HELL up or i'll shut it for you?" or your little 6-year old brother sayin', " You're such an American Idiot!"

gotta admit. that's pretty creepy!
No I'd prefer it that way the world needs chaos
calipunkerz
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
calipunkerz
March 22nd, 2007 at 04:32pm
Wow, this makes me feel old.
They've been around for awhile!!
nimrodidiot
Jackass
nimrodidiot

Blog
March 22nd, 2007 at 05:32pm
Oh, and my mom's favorite songs are Welcome To Paradise, Poprocks and Coke, Give Me Novacaine, and she like to say "shit" really loud in Longview.

XD
Kelly Khaos
Idiot
Kelly Khaos

Mibba Blog
March 22nd, 2007 at 08:31pm
nimrodidiot:
Oh, and my mom's favorite songs are Welcome To Paradise, Poprocks and Coke, Give Me Novacaine, and she like to say "shit" really loud in Longview.

XD
Hahaha lol thats funny
Violet SKY.
Geek
Violet SKY.
March 24th, 2007 at 09:05am
my mum likes them and so does my dad but he reckons that billie joe is an idiot,grrrr......
Zoie
Falling In Love With The Board
Zoie
March 24th, 2007 at 01:53pm
Both of my parents love them. We went to a concert and my mom said it was the most amazing show she's ever been too while my dad and I were scared for her life...
It's fun
Roisin-Marie
Roisin-Marie

Blog
March 24th, 2007 at 03:54pm
my dad used to listen to them when he was a teenager anyways, but my mom didnt know who they were before i started listening to them *gasp* i know lol....but now shes slighly obsessed tehe
Register