Legalize drugs?

AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 17th, 2008 at 12:50pm
Are cigarettes a 'lot more harmful', though?
Also, it seems like a bit of a leap to say that it would be healthier to smoke cannabis than tobacco. Maybe because healthy isn't a word I connect with drugs.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 17th, 2008 at 01:28pm
I think pot from a long time ago was definatley less unhealthy than cigarettes
now they wreck it, spray it with chemicals...
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 17th, 2008 at 09:56pm
but if it was legalized
and companies started to make 'cigarettes' out of them and fill it with bad stuff
why can't everyone just get some seeds, and grow it theirself... or they can grow it and sell it?

I really find it completely ridiculous that it's illegal
they put aspartame in diet sodas, and that causes all of these brain problems, including tumors, yet it's legal.
Marijuana has caused how many deaths? none.
I just find it strange that it's illegal, because there are alot of health benefits. Dno
Garrett Hanlund
This Board Is My Home
Garrett Hanlund

Mibba Blog
June 18th, 2008 at 01:04am
Bleach:

Dno
with health factors, yes.
but it affects the way you think
but so does alcohol so idk

I don't know if it should be legalized or not. It's not like thousands of people don't do it now.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 18th, 2008 at 01:46am
Hann-O:
Bleach:

Dno
with health factors, yes.
but it affects the way you think
but so does alcohol so idk

I don't know if it should be legalized or not. It's not like thousands of people don't do it now.
paranoia short-term memory loss [I think]
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
June 18th, 2008 at 03:58pm
Marijuana may not have caused deaths, but other side effects, like hallucinations, must be horrific to live with.

And drugs suck man. I never want to try them, and I don't intend to.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 18th, 2008 at 04:01pm
Jax.:
Marijuana may not have caused deaths, but other side effects, like hallucinations, must be horrific to live with.
never really heard of hallucinations as a side effect. Eh
Dehren McGhengland
Rotting On Here
Dehren McGhengland
June 18th, 2008 at 04:15pm
in ontario [or maybe all of canada, possibly the US too idk], there's a drug called salvia and it's legal.
it's pretty much the same thing as weed, but when you exhale it you get these biiig hallucinations.
like my sister's friend dustin believed that he was a card in a deck of cards and he was being shuffled.
it lasts for like 5-ish minutes, but it gets you! some people compare it to LSD.

but anywho...
with cigarettes, alcohol [and in my case, salvia] legal, i kind of don't see why marijuana isn't legal.
those three ^ are just as harmful [maybe even more-so], you just have to be responsible. and i think that should be the same consideration as weed.

edit: and plus, unlike cigarettes and alcohol, you can't get addicted to weed [maybe to the high, yes, but not the actual drug]

mmk y/n? Dno
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 18th, 2008 at 09:37pm
Relient Mhairi:
People can get addicted to anything and I am 1000000000% sure that you can get addicted to weed and I don't know why people say you can't.

And really Alex? I know some people who smoke pot so they can have hallucinations D:
no theres definatley weed that makes you have some hallucinations
but I think jax was saying it was a side effect.
I've never heard of hallucinations as a side effect
or did she mean while you smoke it
omg confused
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 18th, 2008 at 09:43pm
Relient Mhairi:
Oooh. I think she was talking about how after a long period of use, you can start to hallucinate and you get drug induced pychosis.
so did I Coolio

But I've never heard of hallucinations as a long-term side effect
Dehren McGhengland
Rotting On Here
Dehren McGhengland
June 18th, 2008 at 10:02pm
Relient Mhairi:
People can get addicted to anything and I am 1000000000% sure that you can get addicted to weed and I don't know why people say you can't.
Marijuana contains no nicotine whatsoever. Although some people do become addicted, this addiction is purely mental and is in no way chemically induced. Basically, if you have an addictive lifestyle and tend to over-do things and become obsessive, then the likelyhood of you becoming addicted is quite great. - wikianswers

so, yeah, you can become addicted but only if you're likely to get addicted to other things (such as alcohol and other drugs, i presume).
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 18th, 2008 at 10:43pm
Bleach:

Laughing You wanna bet on that?
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 18th, 2008 at 10:56pm
Kurtni:
Bleach:

okay
maybe like
someone started driving and was stoned and got killed in ana accident?
but I don't think it can directly kill you

but lets hear what you meant
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 18th, 2008 at 11:28pm
Bleach:
Kurtni:
Bleach:

okay
maybe like
someone started driving and was stoned and got killed in ana accident?
but I don't think it can directly kill you

but lets hear what you meant

The smoke from pot has 5 times the amount of ammonia, hydrogen cyanide and nitrous oxides, all carcinogens, than tobacco smoke. Inhaling those things, obviously, causes severe damage to your lungs over a prolonged period of time, mainly emphysema, then you die. It's been shown to cause a rise in blood proteins, particularly apolipoprotein C-III, which causes your arteries to harden so that you have a heart attack. Pot can easily kill you medically. But to be honest, I don't care about that. If someone thinks it's a good idea to consume things they know will harm them, it's their choice. I care about all the people their choice effects.

Those deaths pale in comparison to the deaths that result from drug crimes surrounding pot. People who drive under the influence of pot with impaired motor skills kill other people. When drugs are sold in marketed heavily in particular areas, especially in cities, crime rates go up and property values go down. The people using pot are costing other people their safety and finances. And I'm sure someone will say that it's ~other drugs~ causing those problems. Well, seeing as how it's the most popular drug in the world, and 43% of alldrug related crimes in 2006 involved pot, I'd say it's a very big contributing factor. In high school when you're just smoking with your friends, you might not be out committing violent crimes based around drugs, but you have to remember your pot came from somewhere.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 18th, 2008 at 11:36pm
well
what if there was a law to say you can't drive when you're stoned?
like theres a law about drunk driving?
theres also laws against driving while sleepy
I mean, theres definatley car accidents that happen because somebody's drunk, and [just saying] with alchohol, you can black out and do many violent things. That doesn't happen with pot.

and why were these crime rates against pot so high?
simply cause it's illegal. Dno
I know theres more to it but I think thats a big part
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 19th, 2008 at 12:02am
Bleach:
well

There is. Mr. Green It's not doing a good job now with pot being illegal, things would be even worse if more people were doing it because it was legal.
Bleach:

Possession charges make up a fraction of that 43%, all of the violence that occurs around dealing drugs makes up the rest.

You neglected to explain away what should be done about the people who's property value goes down because of drug dealing.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 19th, 2008 at 12:29am
Kurtni:
Bleach:
well

There is. Mr. Green It's not doing a good job now with pot being illegal, things would be even worse if more people were doing it because it was legal.
Bleach:

Possession charges make up a fraction of that 43%, all of the violence that occurs around dealing drugs makes up the rest.

You neglected to explain away what should be done about the people who's property value goes down because of drug dealing.
I think that either way, if its legal or illegal, people are going to break the law of driving while stoned just as much.
Maybe because the drugs are being handled by the wrong people? what if if its legal, you can simply go to a store and buy some? No murders, no violence involved... therefore alot less crime
and I did say that there are many other reasons besides it being illegal.

and I didn't defend that property value thing because I have no idea how that system works. Coolio
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 19th, 2008 at 12:35am
Bleach:
I think that either way, if its legal or illegal, people are going to break the law of driving while stoned just as much. Maybe because the drugs are being handled by the wrong people? what if if its legal, you can simply go to a store and buy some? No murders, no violence involved...

and I didn't defend that property value thing because I have no idea how that system works. Coolio

If more people were easily able to obtain pot, that increases the number of people to potentially drive under it's influence. If pot were to be legalized, that doesn't mean that drug dealers are going to magically turn into peaceful, law abiding citizens. Dealing drugs is their industry and regardless of new laws, they're going to continue the business practices that have brought them success. Seeing as how they're breaking the law now, I doubt they'd follow any new laws placing ordinances on their drugs.

Ideally, I see what you're saying. Legalizing it should make the problems go away, but our world doesn't work in an ideal fashion, sadly.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 19th, 2008 at 12:47am
Kurtni:
Bleach:
I think that either way, if its legal or illegal, people are going to break the law of driving while stoned just as much. Maybe because the drugs are being handled by the wrong people? what if if its legal, you can simply go to a store and buy some? No murders, no violence involved...

If more people were easily able to obtain pot, that increases the number of people to potentially drive under it's influence. If pot were to be legalized, that doesn't mean that drug dealers are going to magically turn into peaceful, law abiding citizens. Dealing drugs is their industry and regardless of new laws, they're going to continue the business practices that have brought them success. Seeing as how they're breaking the law now, I doubt they'd follow any new laws placing ordinances on their drugs.

Ideally, I see what you're saying. Legalizing it should make the problems go away, but our world doesn't work in an ideal fashion, sadly.
You make a valid point.

But wouldn't people rather go to the store and buy the weed instead of going to come potentionally dangerous person, who could have laced it with something? Sure, they'll still break laws, but it would dramatically decrease the crimes commited because of marijuana

no it doesn't. Molly
Fasterkillpussycat
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Fasterkillpussycat
June 30th, 2008 at 01:25pm
I reckon weed would be totally legal if those fucking scientists hadn't claimed that it makes you go mental. In my mind alcohol is so much more dangerous than cannabis.
Register