neen bean
Addict
neen bean

Blog
March 23rd, 2008 at 05:37pm
Mother Mary:
krzy:

Maybe decriminalize instead?

So...It wouldn't be legal, but those who still do drugs wouldn't be prosecuted.
Is that what you mean? Shifty
Yes.
asthenia.
Falling In Love With The Board
asthenia.

Blog
March 23rd, 2008 at 07:17pm
krzy:
Mother Mary:
krzy:

Yes.

I like that idea.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 23rd, 2008 at 11:31pm
krzy:
Mother Mary:
krzy:

Yes.
If you're not going to be punished for something, isnt that basically making it legal though? Think I think Im missing your point.
suburban.zombie
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
suburban.zombie

Blog
March 24th, 2008 at 02:51am
it would be chaos if we legalized drugs. i think marajuana should be legalized but taxed like cigarettes but a little higher. no heroine or cocaine though, that stuff is so dangerous. i knew this pretty awesome girl who died of a heroine overdose Sad
neen bean
Addict
neen bean

Blog
March 24th, 2008 at 06:00pm
"While decriminalized acts are no longer crimes, they may still be the subject of regulation; for example, the licensing and regular medical testing of prostitutes, or a monetary penalty in place of a criminal charge for the possession of a decriminalized drug. This should be contrasted with legalization, which removes all or most legal detriments from a previously illegal act."

I hope that paragraph explains it. Very Happy
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
April 3rd, 2008 at 07:25pm
k guys, one of the issues with pot is that it's illegil so the FDA can't test it. Therefore people can coat it with harder drugs and the FDA can't test it beacause it'sm illegil. If it was legal the FDA chould test it and make sure it wasn't coated with anything, therefore legalizeing pot can help reduce use of harder drugs.
neen bean
Addict
neen bean

Blog
April 3rd, 2008 at 10:24pm
In Utero:
k guys, one of the issues with pot is that it's illegil so the FDA can't test it. Therefore people can coat it with harder drugs and the FDA can't test it beacause it'sm illegil. If it was legal the FDA chould test it and make sure it wasn't coated with anything, therefore legalizeing pot can help reduce use of harder drugs.
Ummm.... I smoke pot and I've never had problems with laced stuff. Most of my friends say they haven't either. It's more of a trust issue... you have to have a good dealer that you can trust.
But (I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before) if it was legal companies would sell it and coat it with bad chemicals like they did with tobacco.
Maybe it should be legalized for medicinal purposes with very lenient laws?
my name is jonas
Geek
my name is jonas
May 13th, 2008 at 10:49pm
i dont think it should be legalized, that takes the fun out of it. Its more fun to smoke when you are not allowed to.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
May 14th, 2008 at 07:18am
your.celluloid.dream:
i do not support legalizing pot cuz it contributes to skitzyness and it does

make you dumber. i'll find whatever article told me that, and post it later
Yes, pot does have side effects, but legalizing it and using it for medicinal purposes would help ease the suffering of many people, who don't have other options for whatever reason. I'm not advocating it for every bump and bruise, but terminal patients who live in a state of constant pain 24/7 should be able to smoke it without being fined.

Elmo has a 12 gage:
i dont think it should be legalized, that takes the fun out of it. Its more fun to smoke when you are not allowed to.

Once again, legalizing pot is not being considered because they want to "take the fun of out [smoking] it", it's so that people who actually have need of the drug can use it. And I'd think smoking pot would be fun enough, regardless of the legality of the action.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
May 14th, 2008 at 12:53pm
Mother Mary:
krzy:
Mother Mary:
krzy:

Yes.

I like that idea.

thats what happens anyway, not enough room in prisons so drug offenders get off lightly...pete doherty for example.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
May 14th, 2008 at 12:57pm
natzee:
In Utero:
Ummm.... I smoke pot and I've never had problems with laced stuff. Most of my friends say they haven't either. It's more of a trust issue... you have to have a good dealer that you can trust.
But (I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before) if it was legal companies would sell it and coat it with bad chemicals like they did with tobacco.
Maybe it should be legalized for medicinal purposes with very lenient laws?

pot from a pure source is still dangerous to your mental health, especially is you start taking at a younger age. The side effects take place over a long period of time and your more likely to develop numerous mental health problems later in life and for what, to get high.

Why anyone smokes it is beyond me, i'm not an angel I've got my smoking past but as more and more evidence comes out showing the problems people can no longer claim it to be the peaceful drug it once was percieved to be.
Grandma
Geek
Grandma

Blog
May 16th, 2008 at 04:19am
Not to mention the latest respiratory study indicating users of marijuana are twice as likely to contract lung cancer than smoker's of tobacco. It suggests the rate of marijuana induced lung cancer will increase exponentially over the next decades and outnumber those of tobacco smokers. There are double the amount of carcinogens in marijuana than tobacco, you hold the smoke in your lungs longer therefore one joint can equate to smoking an entire pack of cigarettes. While marijuana does have some medicinal qualities, don't kid yourself guys this stuff can be lethal even if over a much longer term.

And I have to agree in regards to potential of mental health issues. I have sadly seen people end up in mental health wards because of drug use. I have seen a healthy intelligent teenager who overused become a permanent resident at one of our local mental health drug residences. He is now a diagnosed schizophrenic, bi-polar mess. He will never come home to his family, the damage is permanant and his suicidal tendencies preclude his release. So many other friends have difficulty holding jobs or focusing on any project in the long-term and these people only use marijuana, nothing harder.

The best thing I ever did was quit.
CountMikeulasNextVictim
Post Whore
CountMikeulasNextVictim

Blog
May 18th, 2008 at 04:26am
Anji:
I think it should be legalised. It is ones of those laws that gets broken anyway no matter what anyone does about it, and yet it has the most outrageous conciquences. When I went to Malaysia I couldn't help but notice the bottom of my customs card saying, 'Any transport of illegal substances is punishable by death in Malaysia.' That just made me really nervous.
darenmay
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
darenmay
May 18th, 2008 at 12:09pm
no. i don't think drugs should be legalized. just exactly what good does it bring?
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
May 19th, 2008 at 03:00pm
i was discussing this with my mother the other night.
We both agree that maybe seeing as 'weed' is a class c drug that it could be legalized because tobacco basically has the same effects is widely avaliable.

but,
again we both agreed that the new stronger strain known as 'skunk' with is proven deadly should be boycoted.

Maybe the goverment should look into research to help legalized 'weed', then the prisons would be less crowed by drug pushers.

and then space cake will be back on the menu Mr. Green
droid.
droid.

Mibba
May 19th, 2008 at 03:49pm
i think that drugs should be legalized, because drug related crimes are one of the highest in the world, and it basically puts money into the criminals' hands, whereas if drugs were legal, there'd be less criminal acts due to drugs.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
May 19th, 2008 at 11:44pm
The drug trade will never be abolished, simply because of the money involved. People literally make fortunes from trading in drugs, which means there's really no incentive for them to stop.

The government's best bet is to legalize and then regulate the trade to try to keep it somewhat under control.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 20th, 2008 at 09:04am
darenmay:
no. i don't think drugs should be legalized. just exactly what good does it bring?
Booming economy for develping nations. But who cares about those.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
June 16th, 2008 at 08:16pm
Cigarettes and alcohol are possibly some of the most dangerous drugs out there, and marijuana can be prescribed legally. The way I see it, there are only two fair options. They could either:
A) legalize all drugs
or
B) Make cigarettes and alcohol illegal.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
June 16th, 2008 at 08:29pm
Marijuana should definitely be legalized. Cigarettes are a lot more harmful than pot, but they're legal and pot isn't?
Think about it: If pot is legalized, only good can come. The government will spend a lot less money on prevention and jailing its users, They can make all kinds of money off it and pay off our debts to other countries, People would be healthier if they smoked pot instead of cigarettes, it would be safer because it wouldn't be laced, the dealers would be out of business and forced to lead honest lives, etc.
I think we should email this thread to the government and maybe they can stop being so thick for just a few seconds and read it and listen to reason.
I've never even tried it, and I think it should be legal.
Register