Legalize drugs?

AuthorMessage
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
March 17th, 2007 at 08:24pm
okay, so I'll make this brief
so the brief history is, in the fifties, hippies were scapegoated as all of America's (and most Americanized countries') problems
so, the government decided to nip it at the bud
marijuana was scapegoated

now, I know this says "legalize drugs", but this is mainly about Mary Jane because it's the least harmful, most accessible, and most outrageously outlawed

I'll just talk statistically (as opposed to moral rambling that takes up many paragraphs)

marijuana is viewed as a dangerous drug which is why it is illegal
however, alcohol is still legal
-marijuana is not associated with any kind of cancer (as used by itself)
-there has never been a marijuana overdose
-alcohol is associated with violent crimes, domestic violence, everything of that such, and marijuana just makes you lazy and mellow
-90% of DUI's/road accidents involving THC also involved alcohol (alcohol related deaths on the road are the third leading cause of death in the U.S.)
-it hasn't been proven to kill brain cells
-hasn't been proven to cause birth defects
-hasn't been proven to have anything to do with blood pressure
-doesn't damage the immune system
(more on that http://paranoia.lycaeum.org/marijuana/facts/mj-health-mythology.html)

MONEY$$$$$$$$$$
yeah, that's what everyone cares about
that's why people care about wars, marriages, any kind of politics
so here goes how the government is retarded on money

the ONDCP alone spends 18 billion dollars a year on anti-drug propaganda (because people complain about my sources http://www.progress.org/2003/tcs146.htm)
what does that do?
cause a direct increase as the number one cause of people who start marijuana
yeah, anti-drug is the one major cause for pro-drugs

so am I saying that all we need to do is stop that?
hell no
I already said, if they think it's so bad, they should care about how many users there are

over 50% of Americans have used it at least once
U.S. users spend 500 billion dollars a year on illegal drugs (http://www.unodc.org/press_release_2003-04-17_6.html)
so what does that mean if it's legalized?

that means we make money
there's an average 80 cent tax on an average $2.50 pack of cigarettes
imagine how much they could tax marijuana, and how much that would help the economy

whatever, I'll discuss later when you all come up with other stuff
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
March 17th, 2007 at 09:50pm
i think alot of people use pot so they can go "i smoked pit, thats illegil im so punk".
the goverment is wasting there time trying to arrest people for smoking weed when they chould be dealing with more serious crimes such as rape and murder. Pot isnt anymore harmful to the body then alcohol so why not legelize it?
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
March 17th, 2007 at 10:12pm
54% of those in prison are there for drug crimes
waste of fucking money
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
March 18th, 2007 at 06:16am
uh I agree. it's a drug like alcohol and cigarettes, I think it's not even as harmful as cigarettes. (?)

hm, I guess this is not just about pot?
I think people who are heroin addicted should get it from doctors or something. not legalized but, they're addicted to it like a lot of people are to legal medicine. think about how much a heron addict has to steal to pay for his stuff?
if there was some kind of control over that, the dealers would be unemployed, the crime (stealing money for drugs) would go down, and you could make sure, that those people use clean needles. you could try to help people becoming clean.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
March 18th, 2007 at 06:33am
i think that "yes" they should legalise drugs like Pot! because then it will be sold by chemists that will not sell pot that has been tampered with.

But for drugs like cocaine, heroine and class A drugs like that, should never be legalised
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 18th, 2007 at 11:59am
I think it should be legalised. It is ones of those laws that gets broken anyway no matter what anyone does about it, and yet it has the most outrageous conciquences. When I went to Malaysia I couldn't help but notice the bottom of my customs card saying, 'Any transport of illegal substances is punishable by death in Malaysia.' That just made me really nervous.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
March 18th, 2007 at 02:17pm
I think marijuana should be legal with laws for a certain age to buy and not being allowed to drive under the influence, just like alcohol and cigarettes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
March 18th, 2007 at 02:37pm
And what about the fact that it's more harmful to your lungs than cigarettes, because you hold the smoke in longer?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 18th, 2007 at 02:47pm
WeFoundTheDuck:
And what about the fact that it's more harmful to your lungs than cigarettes, because you hold the smoke in longer?

Wouldn't that depend on the person?
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
March 18th, 2007 at 04:20pm
WeFoundTheDuck:
Well actually there is a way you can smoke marijuana and just inhale the smoke so you get high, but you don't really smoke it in the really meaning of the word.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
March 18th, 2007 at 06:03pm
Dr. Cuddy:
WeFoundTheDuck:
Well actually there is a way you can smoke marijuana and just inhale the smoke so you get high, but you don't really smoke it in the really meaning of the word.
Eh

Really? I've never heard anything about that.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
March 18th, 2007 at 09:40pm
WeFoundTheDuck:
Dr. Cuddy:
WeFoundTheDuck:
Eh

not only that, but the sources I found said (at worst) a joint is about twice as bad as a cigarette
now, who the hell smokes forty two joints a day?

not to mention, "marijuana is not affiliated (by itself) with any type of cancer"

and also not to mention that cigarettes and California are legal when they're so much worse for your lungs
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 19th, 2007 at 11:00am
It's not more harmful than cigarettes. You do hold in the smoke much longer, but it's all natural stuff. With cigarettes, it's all kinds of weird artifical cancerous shit going there and staying there and causing your cells to mutate.
PaNcAkEs
Jackass
PaNcAkEs

Blog
March 19th, 2007 at 01:53pm
i believe it should be legalized, well, pot that is. Me and my best friend Julie(Nirvana) had a conversation about it and well, yeah, in conclusion drinking, we found out, is more harmful than smoking pot. I think almost all drugs should be legalized, so people could legally do it, and once its legal, it aint so fun anymore and then people could actually choose weather to use drugs, just like you can choose on weather to smoke or not to, and also weathet to drink or not to.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
March 19th, 2007 at 02:41pm
I forgot to add this:
marijuana would be so much safer legalized
I live in the Kentuckiana area of America, so the stuff here is horribly tainted
tainted with meth...oh shit there's a lot tainted with meth
there's so much shit tainted with pesticides and fillers

if legalized, it would be so much safer
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 19th, 2007 at 02:49pm
An argument for legalisation:
-It works in Amsterdam.

Brilliant city. xD
rehabreject
Jackass
rehabreject
March 19th, 2007 at 03:27pm
'Every year in the United States, alcohol-related deaths total 100,000 and tobacco-related fatalities total 450,000. And, according to the Feds, all illicit drugs are linked to under 10,000 deaths per year'

If that's anything to go by - marijuana causes many less problems than other legal substances.
It's allowed in the Netherlands, and their society hasn't exactly collapsed because of it.

The arguments against the use of marijuana are very similar to the arguments people used against alcohol during prohobition in the 1930s, and we all know how that ended.

If it were to be made legal - what regulations or laws should there be? Should anyone be allowed to sell it, or only authorised companies? Should the legal age requirement for its use should be higher or lower than alcohol/cigarettes/etc?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 19th, 2007 at 03:34pm
rehabreject:
If it were to be made legal - what regulations or laws should there be? Should anyone be allowed to sell it, or only authorised companies? Should the legal age requirement for its use should be higher or lower than alcohol/cigarettes/etc?

They should sell it in Coffee shops, รก la Amsterdam Psycho
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
March 19th, 2007 at 09:49pm
spill_no_sick:
WeFoundTheDuck:
Dr. Cuddy:
WeFoundTheDuck:
Eh

not only that, but the sources I found said (at worst) a joint is about twice as bad as a cigarette
now, who the hell smokes forty two joints a day?

not to mention, "marijuana is not affiliated (by itself) with any type of cancer"

and also not to mention that cigarettes and California are legal when they're so much worse for your lungs
I must say that you've got all the bases covered.

I wish I could remember where I read the information about joints causing more lung damage than cigarettes... Think

Perhaps I misread it? Dno
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
March 19th, 2007 at 09:53pm
The first law in the United States about marijuana was requiring citizens of West Virginia [I believe] to grow it.

To overdose on marijuana you would have to smoke it nonstop for days. I don't remember the exact figure, but it's something like that. Basically, you would probably pass out before you could OD.
Register