Legalize drugs?

AuthorMessage
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
January 12th, 2008 at 06:59pm
you know, drugs are illegil and people still do them, there are still junkies and potheads and stuff. Like if alchohal was illegil people whould still drink. It dosn't make that big of a differance.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 12th, 2008 at 11:42pm
Memory Lane.:
you know, drugs are illegil and people still do them, there are still junkies and potheads and stuff. Like if alchohal was illegil people whould still drink. It dosn't make that big of a differance.
Actually, it does. Think

When something is illegal, if people get caught doing it, they're punished. For example, when the US decided prohibition would be a fun thing to do, organized crime rates sored because of it. People went to jail for it, and citizen's tax money is what paid for them to be kept in jail. Same thing is true now for illegal drugs. We lose a ton of money keeping them illegal, and we don't gain anything. Finacially, at least. It might not make a difference in people doing it, but it makes a difference in other ways.
Agent Zombie
Idiot
Agent Zombie

Blog
January 15th, 2008 at 02:44pm
might as well legalize it...you really stop the whole world from doing it anyway.
miau
King For A Couple Of Days
miau
January 24th, 2008 at 02:57pm
I don't think that you should be officially allowed to do something that is bad for you, like drugs, especially really hard drugs, are.
That's why I actually don't understand why marihuana is legal in some countries and why alcohol & cigarettes are legal.
But maybe that has something to do with alcohol being healing to some extend ( I don't know about that, my father says that, I don't drink so I don't know) but I really don't understand what the reason is to keep cigs legal.

So of course people do drugs even though it's illegal but I think if you legalized them, people who avoided drugs before to avoid any troubles with the law would start taking drugs .

I think the fear of being caught and punished is also something that keeps some people from doing drugs.
Vikki Is Eyeless !
Idiot
Vikki Is Eyeless !

Blog
January 25th, 2008 at 07:50am
I don't know.. I mean, a lot of people enjoy but if it's legalised, then people who use drugs will want more legalised so I don't know. Confused
bi_bu_ra
Rotting On Here
bi_bu_ra

Mibba
January 26th, 2008 at 12:11pm
Nobodi:
I don't think that you should be officially allowed to do something that is bad for you, like drugs, especially really hard drugs, are.
That's why I actually don't understand why marihuana is legal in some countries and why alcohol & cigarettes are legal.
But maybe that has something to do with alcohol being healing to some extend ( I don't know about that, my father says that, I don't drink so I don't know) but I really don't understand what the reason is to keep cigs legal.

So of course people do drugs even though it's illegal but I think if you legalized them, people who avoided drugs before to avoid any troubles with the law would start taking drugs .

I think the fear of being caught and punished is also something that keeps some people from doing drugs.
Because they don't screw up your brain.
Sylar
Falling In Love With The Board
Sylar
January 27th, 2008 at 03:55am
supercandy:
Nobodi:

They don't make you do stupid things such as breaking into someone's house to steal money for drugs.
You can't get HIV from sharing one.
They don't make you violent... Want me to go on? Because I could rant all day about how bad drugs are. I briefly lived in an adjoining house with a methamphetamine addict who regularly beat his elderly, disabled mother up and threatened my own mother. That's barely the tip of the iceberg when it comes to things that shit made him do. In the end I don't think he even had any control over what he was doing.

I'm not aiming any of that at Nobodi or anyone really. I'm just making the point that drugs fuck you and everyone around you up... And that cigarettes are cute and cuddly in comparison.
Franny.
Franny.
January 27th, 2008 at 04:58pm
Does someone want to help me make sense of this?

And this?

Mainly the first one. The second one...somewhat self-explanatory, but worth a look-see.
miau
miau
January 29th, 2008 at 01:24pm
L.A. Ghost:
supercandy:
Nobodi:

They don't make you do stupid things such as breaking into someone's house to steal money for drugs.
They don't make you violent... Want me to go on? Because I could rant all day about how bad drugs are. I briefly lived in an adjoining house with a methamphetamine addict who regularly beat his elderly, disabled mother up and threatened my own mother. That's barely the tip of the iceberg when it comes to things that shit made him do. In the end I don't think he even had any control over what he was doing.

I'm not aiming any of that at Nobodi or anyone really. I'm just making the point that drugs fuck you and everyone around you up... And that cigarettes are cute and cuddly in comparison.

But they don't do any good either. I don't understand why anything that is clearly unhealthy without doing any good as well should be legal, even though it doesn't have any "spillovers" (with that I mean what Bilka said:
supercandy:
) besides causing lung cancer and stuff like that.
bi_bu_ra
Rotting On Here
bi_bu_ra

Mibba
January 29th, 2008 at 01:48pm
Nobodi:
L.A. Ghost:
supercandy:
Nobodi:

But they don't do any good either. I don't understand why anything that is clearly unhealthy without doing any good as well should be legal, even though it doesn't have any "spillovers" (with that I mean what Bilka said:
supercandy:
) besides causing lung cancer and stuff like that.
There are so many stuff that cause damage to your body, and they still aren't forbidden. And there isn't a 100% chance that you will get cancer. Many people quit smoking after a short time, because it hardly gives you any pleasure. I know many people that quit smoking, and they still smoke pot. So, they won't get lung cancer, but their brain cells will start dying, their memory will be fucked-up, etc, despite clear lungs.

And no one forces you to smoke, everyone chooses if they want to and they know what cigarette smoking can cause them. Wink
Evaness
Geek
Evaness
February 2nd, 2008 at 07:47pm
But drinking damages your brain and fucks up your memory too.
I believe that pot should be legal but not hydro cos that shit has all sorts of chemicals in it causing mental problems eg. schitzophrenia
droid.
droid.

Mibba
February 10th, 2008 at 02:23pm
I think it would be smart to legalize drugs, because legal or not, people still do them. And if they were legal there wouldn't be as many gangs and dealers 'cause everyone would have access to it.
Micro Sheep
Micro Sheep
February 10th, 2008 at 03:49pm
Another advantage would be that teenagers influenced by peer pressure would stop trying them 'out of curiosity' because they're legal and it's not cool anymore.

But that doesn't beat the disadvantages,does it.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 11th, 2008 at 11:34am
Graffiti Decorations:
I think it would be smart to legalize drugs, because legal or not, people still do them. And if they were legal there wouldn't be as many gangs and dealers 'cause everyone would have access to it.
That's a ridiculous attitude! While we're at it, let's abolish all laws and that way, the crime rate will be zero! It'll be a utopia! Legalising drugs would most likely increase accessibilty, creating more competition in the drug gang culture.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 11th, 2008 at 11:40am
You know, it's all good and stuff, quoting sources telling you about the numerous ways in which drugs screw your body, but people frequently completely miss the mark with drugs. In the end, it isn't about the danger, or the illegality, or the coolness, or fitting in. None of that matters to a drug user in the end.

People tend to forget the pleasure in taking drugs. This is remarkable because it's like the only thing keeping people from quitting heroin especially. Do you know how many heroin addicts would quit if heroin wasn't as pleasurable as it is? Like almost all of them. No law can prevent that.
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
February 12th, 2008 at 10:38pm
I think the government should be much stricker on drugs. Too many people die from o-ding these days. It's sick. I realize it's a hard thing to control, but something just has to be done.

I think certain drugs are illegal for a reason and should not be legalized. They're harmful. It's pretty ironic I'm saying this on a GREEN DAY site, given what the name means and all, lol.
superfan
Geek
superfan
March 11th, 2008 at 06:38am
Legalise it ! Come on !!!
neen bean
Addict
neen bean

Blog
March 23rd, 2008 at 03:51pm
I was talking to my brother about legalizing marijuana and even though he is a heavy pot-smoker he says it should be kept illegal. If it was legalized companies will be popping up selling pot and to make more money chemicals would be added to make it more addictive. Just like what happened with tobacco.

Maybe decriminalize instead?
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
March 23rd, 2008 at 04:25pm
I don't think they just be legalized. I think it will make more of a problem.
asthenia.
asthenia.

Blog
March 23rd, 2008 at 04:55pm
krzy:

Maybe decriminalize instead?

So...It wouldn't be legal, but those who still do drugs wouldn't be prosecuted.
Is that what you mean? Shifty
Register