Smoking

AuthorMessage
spam
Jackass
spam
February 15th, 2006 at 11:11am
in the uk they have now ban smoking everywhere, the new law will come in by summer 2007, no smoking in bars or pubs/ public places.
is that a dumb law or not?
i think it is, it wont stop peolpe smoking either it will effect the money income of pubs or people will break the law and do it anyway.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 15th, 2006 at 11:15am
*stoner*:
in the uk they have now ban smoking everywhere, the new law will come in by summer 2007, no smoking in bars or pubs/ public places.
i think it is, it wont stop peolpe smoking either it will effect the money income of pubs or people will break the law and do it anyway.

It's a good law because it saves lives. Simple as.

I don't care about the money. I care about the passive smokers who are going to lead longer and healthier lives now.
spam
Jackass
spam
February 15th, 2006 at 11:20am
Bloodraine:
*stoner*:

I don't care about the money. I care about the passive smokers who are going to lead longer and healthier lives now.

but people who own pubs will care, thats how they get their money, most pubs have separate bits for smoking and non, so non smokers are'nt effected.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 15th, 2006 at 11:30am
*stoner*:
but people who own pubs will care, thats how they get their money, most pubs have separate bits for smoking and non, so non smokers are'nt effected.

No...

Public Houses earn their money by selling intoxicating beverages to the common public over the age of 18. If you want a fag, you can pop out into the alleyway and have a quick one.

Most pubs? Shocked

Do they 'eck as like. That's restaurants. I don't know if you've ever been into your local Red Lion recently, but it is a smoke filled, reeking, fume heavy place. Or maybe that's just Blackburn.

Out of interest, does this new law affect Football Stadia? I know a fair few don't let you light up anyway, but it's a public place and all.
spam
Jackass
spam
February 15th, 2006 at 11:35am
Bloodraine:
*stoner*:

No...

Public Houses earn their money by selling intoxicating beverages to the common public over the age of 18. If you want a fag, you can pop out into the alleyway and have a quick one.

Most pubs? Shocked

Do they 'eck as like. That's restaurants. I don't know if you've ever been into your local Red Lion recently, but it is a smoke filled, reeking, fume heavy place. Or maybe that's just Blackburn.

Out of interest, does this new law affect Football Stadia? I know a fair few don't let you light up anyway, but it's a public place and all.

My dad owns two pubs, both of them have separate bits, every pub i have been to in the last year have had separate bits, tipical locals, yeh they are smokey, there ruff, run down places, if you go there, fine, but dont complain about smoke, thats what you can expect.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
February 15th, 2006 at 11:53am
*stoner*:
Bloodraine:
*stoner*:

No...

Most pubs? Shocked

My dad owns two pubs, both of them have separate bits, every pub i have been to in the last year have had separate bits, tipical locals, yeh they are smokey, there ruff, run down places, if you go there, fine, but dont complain about smoke, thats what you can expect.

yes to be honest they will for a while find it difficult but when the non smokers who i think out weigh smokers get to find out that he has a no smoking bar then tehy will use it more.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 15th, 2006 at 12:04pm
*stoner*:

You must have very modern Public Houses, then.

It doesn't happen round here...And it won't matter in future anyway. But as Tre_cool_is_god has said; I doubt the effect will be too great upon your family.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 15th, 2006 at 12:14pm
Just wanted to tell you all that i am in a very very good mood tonight!!!!! YAY GO ME!!!!
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 15th, 2006 at 12:15pm
anyway we all understand that people will smoke and we will never be bale to stop them because like they say it is they're right, but it is also my right to go out have a meal and not have some inconsiderate asshole light p a big fat cigar and blow smoke my way.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
February 15th, 2006 at 12:39pm
Meg! Not at the Disco...:
No...

Most pubs? Shocked

a lot of stadiums try to ban smoking already, but they can never impose it.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 15th, 2006 at 12:41pm
rusty! At The Disco:

There is no way to impose it, true. The worst you get is some steward telling you to stop.

I was just speculating about what will happen to the Stadiums that still offer a choice.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 15th, 2006 at 01:01pm
Bloodraine:
rusty! At The Disco:

There is no way to impose it, true. The worst you get is some steward telling you to stop.

I was just speculating about what will happen to the Stadiums that still offer a choice.

your are not allowed to smoke in sheffield arena and if your caught you are told to leave the building and rightfully so aswell.
the madcap laughs
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
the madcap laughs
February 15th, 2006 at 02:43pm
PATHETIC...banned in ALL public places????

Totally ridiculous. Yes, areas should be set aside for smokers...but a total ban is just unneccessary
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 16th, 2006 at 11:08am
the madcap laughs:
PATHETIC...banned in ALL public places????

Buildings...

Get it right...
Tyler
Tyler
February 16th, 2006 at 04:13pm
Bloodraine:
*stoner*:

Banning smoking won't save anyone's life. Just because they can't smoke in public doesn't mean they'll quit.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 16th, 2006 at 04:25pm
Tyler:
Banning smoking won't save anyone's life. Just because they can't smoke in public doesn't mean they'll quit.

I didn't say it would stop them... Confused

I was pointing out that now small children and non-smoking adults will now have little or no exposure to dangerous toxins in cigarette smoke whilst in public. Which will save lives. Can't argue with that...
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
February 16th, 2006 at 04:28pm
Bloodraine:
Tyler:

I didn't say it would stop them... Confused

I was pointing out that now small children and non-smoking adults will now have little or no exposure to dangerous toxins in cigarette smoke whilst in public. Which will save lives. Can't argue with that...

Exactly, you can't stop people from harming themselves but at least by banning smoking in public it stops them harming others.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 16th, 2006 at 05:10pm
Tyler:
Bloodraine:
*stoner*:

no but it means people like me who dont smoke can live longer and have a better night out with friends, or have a better meal. And i wont come home hacking my lungs up and smelling like a stinky old ash tray.
spam
Jackass
spam
February 19th, 2006 at 12:39pm
its dumb, polititions can smoke because they have public buildings and its not classed as being in 'public' they should follow the same rules as everyone else.
Eyes On Me
Idiot
Eyes On Me
February 19th, 2006 at 12:42pm
Smoking is bad for your health and will kill you fullstop.

But it's your choice. Set a good example. It's not hard or clever.

Some of my family smoke, and my auntie actually died from lung cancer from smoking. Shows what a bit of tobacco can do to you. Rolling Eyes
Register