Smoking

AuthorMessage
ren
Idiot
ren
October 23rd, 2005 at 09:48pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
kingforafewdays:
Im a smoker... i dont think locking us in a room will help personally. And i dont think banning them will help, im a minor and i manage to get cigarettes, making them illegal with just make them that more appetizing to people. when your mom said dont touch those cookies what did you want to do?! TOUCH THE GODDAMN COOKIES!! If you want something bad enough then you can get it i mean drugs, cigarettes anything, you know who to ask at your school or what not.

Hate that we smoke not the smokers....

Did anyone ever say banning cigarettes will stop every single smoker on the planet from smoking?
No.
It will stop a pretty good amount of people, though. Maybe it won't stop you, but you can't speak for all the parents out there, or all the kids who don't want to break the law, etc...,

I have also said probably 10 times that I don't have a problem with smokers. I have a problem with people who smoke near me, but that's only when they're near me, I have a problem with people who lie about quitting to me, I have a problem with people who try to get me to either start smoking or stop being anti-smoking, but if I really like a person and find out they smoke, I'm not going to stop liking them.

I never once said i was speaking for all the parents, kids etc out there. Im speaking from my experiences. When i said hate that we smoke not the smokers i wasnt specifically refering to you either i havent posted on this thread a lot so i was talking in general. I am not trying ot get you to be antismoking im just telling you my opinion.
Emily-Cool
Falling In Love With The Board
Emily-Cool
January 15th, 2006 at 11:34am
my views on smoking.. well in public.. like on the streets.. its fine.. in bars and stuff they normally have a smoking and non smoking section anyway.. my mum smokes.. my dad doesnt.. so yeah i dont.. well i say that but sumtimes at parties.. i may have the odd 1.. and when i go out.. but i wouldnt do it all the time.. although saying that.. i guess im a passive smoker.. Sad
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
January 15th, 2006 at 11:44am
80% of my family smoke.
My mom/dad buy cigarets everyday or every other day.
And those things aren't cheap.
It's sad to see them pay for something that hurts them.
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
January 15th, 2006 at 06:26pm
I think that it's the smokers choice. If they want to do it, let it be on their own head. They know what their doing. I don't like it when people make such a big deal over someone elses choice. It doesn't involve them.

However, a smoker shouldn't act all surprised if they get lung cancer. They should be (and usually are) aware of any consequences.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 15th, 2006 at 06:50pm
TrippyProzac:
I think that it's the smokers choice. If they want to do it, let it be on their own head. They know what their doing. I don't like it when people make such a big deal over someone elses choice. It doesn't involve them.

However, a smoker shouldn't act all surprised if they get lung cancer. They should be (and usually are) aware of any consequences.

Well, it does involve other people. Passive smoking. I won't bug someone saying "you should quit" all the time, although I don't approve of smoking. But when someone is smoking around me, I will have to either leave or ask them to stop because I'm allergic to tobacco smoke.
CRazy bread
Geek
CRazy bread
January 17th, 2006 at 11:17am
what really disgusts me is the stuff they put in cigarettes and why:

Sugar - the sweet taste makes the habit more easily started in minors. This really sickens me because even though they are not allowed to sell to minors they put ingrediants in the cigarettes that they know will make the cigarette appeal to young people

fibre glass - purely to cut the inside of your throat so the nicotene gets to your brain faster

hydrogen cyanide - to kill the cillia in the throat so you can breath in the smoke without the body trying to cough it back up again (because its poisonous)

as you probably have guessed im anti-smoking but i agree with the veiw that it is the smokers fault, there are plenty of warnings about what smoking does to you and they know its bad for them.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 17th, 2006 at 11:25am
CRazy bread:
what really disgusts me is the stuff they put in cigarettes and why:

Sugar - the sweet taste makes the habit more easily started in minors. This really sickens me because even though they are not allowed to sell to minors they put ingrediants in the cigarettes that they know will make the cigarette appeal to young people

fibre glass - purely to cut the inside of your throat so the nicotene gets to your brain faster

hydrogen cyanide - to kill the cillia in the throat so you can breath in the smoke without the body trying to cough it back up again (because its poisonous)

as you probably have guessed im anti-smoking but i agree with the veiw that it is the smokers fault, there are plenty of warnings about what smoking does to you and they know its bad for them.
everyone loves sugar
it's not just a kid thing

they don't try to cut your throat, who told you that?
nicotine gets to your brain in five seconds without your throat being cut
even if they did cut your throat it wouldn't get nicotine into your brain any quicker

cyanide is poisonous but it was in tobacco before anyone knew it was
the concentration isn't high enough to do severe damage

yes smoking is bad for you
it won't harm you as much as the health videos say
it is addictive, but only if you smoke a pack or two
bi_bu_ra
Rotting On Here
bi_bu_ra

Mibba
January 26th, 2006 at 09:24am
TrippyProzac:
I will have to either leave or ask them to stop because I'm allergic to tobacco smoke.

really? aww..i smoke like Turk Very Happy
(i praise with nice thing)
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
January 26th, 2006 at 10:23am
SkatePunk:
TrippyProzac:
I will have to either leave or ask them to stop because I'm allergic to tobacco smoke.

really? aww..i smoke like Turk Very Happy
(i praise with nice thing)

i dont allow smoking in my house which pisses some people of but i dont care i have a right to breath clean air in my own house.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 26th, 2006 at 11:26am
The fact that there's poison in ciggies...yeeeaaaah.

Uncool, Zeus. At least pot has a benefit...I don't really care if people I know smoke pot, but cigarettes are just weird.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 26th, 2006 at 11:35am
dirtyhippie:
The fact that there's poison in ciggies...yeeeaaaah.

Uncool, Zeus. At least pot has a benefit...I don't really care if people I know smoke pot, but cigarettes are just weird.

they should legalise pot and i think one day they will have no choice to. But yeah your right why would anyone want to put a white stick in they're mouth and puff away all the time, it makes peoples clothes stink and it makes the poeple stink.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 26th, 2006 at 11:40am
There's a sci-fi book I read quite a while ago..."The Andalite Chronicles..."

The alien main character sees cig ads, and wants to take a trip to the mountains and put burning white cylinders in his mouth. He finds out that they're crap, and asks why humans burn these cylinders...There's no answer.

He decides to take the trip, but without cylinders.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 26th, 2006 at 11:42am
dirtyhippie:

The alien main character sees cig ads, and wants to take a trip to the mountains and put burning white cylinders in his mouth. He finds out that they're crap, and asks why humans burn these cylinders...There's no answer.

i think i will dig out that book, it seems like somthing i would enjoy.
bi_bu_ra
Rotting On Here
bi_bu_ra

Mibba
January 26th, 2006 at 12:42pm
i know stupid habit
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 26th, 2006 at 06:53pm
tre_cool_is_god:
dirtyhippie:

i think i will dig out that book, it seems like somthing i would enjoy.

Well, you should know that it's intended for kids in, say, grades 5 to 7. It still is an excellent series, though. 54 books in the regular series of Animorphs, then 4 "chronicles" books giving background, then 4 longer novels with the characters. I think that's right.
Baguelle
Baguelle
January 26th, 2006 at 09:37pm
It's the person's choice but it's my air that I inhale so I feel I have a right to cough in someone's face when they're smoking by me.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 27th, 2006 at 08:12am
Basket*Case:
It's the person's choice but it's my air that I inhale so I feel I have a right to cough in someone's face when they're smoking by me.

"Mind if I smoke?" "No. Mind if I burp pastrami belches in your face?"
--Berke Breathed
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 27th, 2006 at 12:02pm
Yuck, it's so disgusting.
PEOPLETHINKTHATITLOOKSCOOLBUTTHEYJUSTLOOKUGLY.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 27th, 2006 at 12:06pm
Basket*Case:

I hate it when people say your being ignorant by coughing, i'm flipping coughing cause your blowing toxic chemicals in my face jackass.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 27th, 2006 at 02:49pm
i was at a cash point machine today and the lady behind me was blowing smoke at me so i turned around and coughed in her face, wouldnt be so bad but i had just had garlic chicken for lunch!
Register