AuthorMessage
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
October 19th, 2005 at 07:02pm
† Fuck The Mainstream †:
spill_no_sick:
so...what do you think of it?
what do you think of suing tobacco companies for cancer, what do you think about letting smokers out of places?

I think tobacco companies are innocent, they tell you you'll get sick on the box, if you've smoked for fifty years and haven't found time to read something that says SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING or heed any of the millions of warnings, shame on you bitch! don't sue
I think it's wrong to keep smokers out if certain places, unless you're making out with a smoker for fifty years while they're smoking you won't get cancer
and it's wrong to keep ads off of TV, and it's wrong to blame them for wanting to get people to smoke
NO SHIT THEY WANT TO DO IT RETARD! THEY'RE A FUCKING TOBACCO [b]COMPANY[/i]!!!!!
retards, why don't you get pissed at Little Debbie's for trying to sell snacks!?

smoking isn't as bad as the media makes it seem, and anyone retarded enough to think smoking will make them cool deserves to lose the money, don't look out for people that stupid, survival of the educated

so I think we're being unfair to smokers and tobacco companies
who cares if it's bad? eating fattening foods is bad too, it's even worse, but we don't care about that because we're fat and tobacco companies are there to blame because we're irresponsible

I personally despise smoking, I have never done it, it makes me feel sick.

I also don't like people smoking in public places, there are people with asthma etcetera, and a lot of people don't like it. I don't condemn it as such, I mean, I don't go up to people and say "Hey you, put your fucking fag out", I just think it's horrible. But that's just my opinion so...

But I do agree with what you were saying about the companies getting sued. For one thing, smoking hasn't ACTUALLY been proved to cause cancer. All the evidence points that way, and smoking isn't exactly healthy, but we're not 100% sure that it does cause cancer. I don't think we ever can be either.

There are health warnings all over the bloody packaging, there are adverts on Television, there's councellors and those Nicoteen thingys or whatever. Basically the company's are doing everything they can to make you aware. And if you think about it, the money you're spending on cigarettes goes to the company, who then use part of that money to advertise giving up and to put warnings on the packages. So, in a way, they need you to keep smoking and buying their products so they can advertise to help you give up. Confused I'm not sure if that made sense, but I know what I mean.

It's the same with fast food, drugs, too much alcohol, advertising for no drunk driving and so on. The world is corrupt, they try to make out they care so much, but I think that if they did care then they would try out a different way, as opposed to what they're doing now.

I'm going to end this here because I'm starting to babble so...

But one thing I do think is that if you smoke and you do get ill from it, then it's YOUR OWN FAULT no one elses, no one pushed the fags in your hand and physically made you smoke them. If you get pressured by your peers and you accept them, just to make you "fit in" and look "cool" then you are moronic in my opinion. If you don't want to smoke don't fucking smoke, if you do want to smoke then do it, but if you get ill or get yellow skin/teeth etc, don't start blaming the company or anyone else. You brought it on yourself!

AND It makes you look yellow, it makes your skin yellow, etc etc. Plus your lungs are all...Eeeew!
votefordisco
Rotting On Here
votefordisco

Mibba
October 20th, 2005 at 04:18pm
I like smoking. I know I shouldn't, but I do. I don't do it very often though cause I know it's bad for me.
11th Street Kid
King For A Couple Of Days
11th Street Kid
October 20th, 2005 at 04:33pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
spill_no_sick:
another_girl_called_kill:
Smoking is not illegal because governments receive so much money from it and without this money they would lose out on so much.

ive smoked. i know im young, and i wish i hadnt, but i did. its nice and i love the smell - but it harms you and ive been coughing non stop ever since. but people who smoke due to peer pressure or wateva are idiots. if u wanna do it - do it. u only live once.
Rolling Eyes it's not illegal because there's no need, guns kill more often and more effectively but we still sell those

How is there no need for it? How is there no need to make something that kills babies illegal? How is there no need to make something that kills countless numbers of people a year illegal?

Smoking Should Not Be Made Illegal...Jeez

Gee, wonderful arguement, really.
Why should it be legal? Smoking is more harmfull than a lot of things that are illegal. Give me one good reason why something that kills so many people(innocent and guilty)should be legal. And don't start with the "addiction" stuff 'cause we've been over that way too many times on this thread.

Because smoking has already started like...ages ago. It's hard to make it illegal now because there will be a huge riot. You might be able to make it illegal...but I think that'll take several years. Several years of arguing, fighting, debating etc etc about how it should be illegal or legal. And I hate that kinda shit.
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
October 20th, 2005 at 09:27pm
spill_no_sick:
so...what do you think of it?
what do you think of suing tobacco companies for cancer, what do you think about letting smokers out of places?

I think tobacco companies are innocent, they tell you you'll get sick on the box, if you've smoked for fifty years and haven't found time to read something that says SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING or heed any of the millions of warnings, shame on you bitch! don't sue
I think it's wrong to keep smokers out if certain places, unless you're making out with a smoker for fifty years while they're smoking you won't get cancer
and it's wrong to keep ads off of TV, and it's wrong to blame them for wanting to get people to smoke
NO SHIT THEY WANT TO DO IT RETARD! THEY'RE A FUCKING TOBACCO [b]COMPANY[/i]!!!!!
retards, why don't you get pissed at Little Debbie's for trying to sell snacks!?

smoking isn't as bad as the media makes it seem, and anyone retarded enough to think smoking will make them cool deserves to lose the money, don't look out for people that stupid, survival of the educated

so I think we're being unfair to smokers and tobacco companies
who cares if it's bad? eating fattening foods is bad too, it's even worse, but we don't care about that because we're fat and tobacco companies are there to blame because we're irresponsible

they should just stop making it. why the hell did they start making it in the first place?
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
October 20th, 2005 at 09:29pm
*Blue Star*:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
spill_no_sick:
Smoking is not illegal because governments receive so much money from it and without this money they would lose out on so much.

ive smoked. i know im young, and i wish i hadnt, but i did. its nice and i love the smell - but it harms you and ive been coughing non stop ever since. but people who smoke due to peer pressure or wateva are idiots. if u wanna do it - do it. u only live once.
Rolling Eyes it's not illegal because there's no need, guns kill more often and more effectively but we still sell those

How is there no need for it? How is there no need to make something that kills babies illegal? How is there no need to make something that kills countless numbers of people a year illegal?

Why should it be legal? Smoking is more harmfull than a lot of things that are illegal. Give me one good reason why something that kills so many people(innocent and guilty)should be legal. And don't start with the "addiction" stuff 'cause we've been over that way too many times on this thread.

Because smoking has already started like...ages ago. It's hard to make it illegal now because there will be a huge riot. You might be able to make it illegal...but I think that'll take several years. Several years of arguing, fighting, debating etc etc about how it should be illegal or legal. And I hate that kinda shit.

So what if it's been around for ages? A lot has been around for ages that isn't legal, and that isn't right. If people start a riot because they want to die, then they need some SERIOUS help. No duh it'll take a couple of years. No law happens insantly. All laws take at least a year to really become law. So, um, what exactly have all these years of debating over smoking been about? We HAVE had several years of debating. And we keep coming out with new PROOF that smoking is deadly to smokers AND non-smokers. So it's addictive. So are a lot of drugs. Should drugs not be illegal because people who do them want them to be legal?
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
October 21st, 2005 at 04:42pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
*Blue Star*:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
spill_no_sick:

So what if it's been around for ages? A lot has been around for ages that isn't legal, and that isn't right. If people start a riot because they want to die, then they need some SERIOUS help. No duh it'll take a couple of years. No law happens insantly. All laws take at least a year to really become law. So, um, what exactly have all these years of debating over smoking been about? We HAVE had several years of debating. And we keep coming out with new PROOF that smoking is deadly to smokers AND non-smokers. So it's addictive. So are a lot of drugs. Should drugs not be illegal because people who do them want them to be legal?

I'm gonna sound awfully stupid saying this...but I don't care. I didn't actually know that people had already been debating about smoking for years already. What I've been trying to say is...making it illegal would be a little risky..because A LOT of people smoke. I think more people smoke than take drugs...?
dejected-star
Geek
dejected-star
October 21st, 2005 at 05:39pm
my dad smokes and i tell him that with every sigerett he looses like 1 min of his life, i got grounded for that one. smoking makes me sick, i hate the way my dad smells after he smokes, it just is unapealing
Spirit Of '77
Falling In Love With The Board
Spirit Of '77
October 21st, 2005 at 06:14pm
i'll smoke pot sometimes, but i dont see the point in cigarettes. if it's not gonna fuck you up, then what's the point?
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
October 21st, 2005 at 07:13pm
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
i'll smoke pot sometimes, but i dont see the point in cigarettes. if it's not gonna fuck you up, then what's the point?

yeah...that's what I think.
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
October 21st, 2005 at 10:25pm
smoking is not a risque topic.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
October 21st, 2005 at 10:30pm
*Blue Star*:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
*Blue Star*:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
spill_no_sick:

I'm gonna sound awfully stupid saying this...but I don't care. I didn't actually know that people had already been debating about smoking for years already. What I've been trying to say is...making it illegal would be a little risky..because A LOT of people smoke. I think more people smoke than take drugs...?

Making most things illegal is a little risky. Some things are worth the risks. Like the lives of the 4,000 new babies who would be born each year if all women quit smoking. And the people who have never smoked and have died because of second-hand smoke.
Yes, more people smoke than do drugs. Wanna know why? Drugs are illegal. Drugs are harder to get. Drugs are more expensive BECAUSE of those reasons. And doing drugs is more likely to get you arrested than smoking a cigarette. Less people do things that are illegal.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
October 22nd, 2005 at 03:05pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
*Blue Star*:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
*Blue Star*:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
spill_no_sick:

Making most things illegal is a little risky. Some things are worth the risks. Like the lives of the 4,000 new babies who would be born each year if all women quit smoking. And the people who have never smoked and have died because of second-hand smoke.
Yes, more people smoke than do drugs. Wanna know why? Drugs are illegal. Drugs are harder to get. Drugs are more expensive BECAUSE of those reasons. And doing drugs is more likely to get you arrested than smoking a cigarette. Less people do things that are illegal.

A lot of people that smoke wouldn't do drugs anyway. I know a lot of normal regular people who smoke, but they would never touch drugs...they're normal good people, really.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
October 22nd, 2005 at 07:21pm
*Blue Star*:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
*Blue Star*:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
*Blue Star*:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
spill_no_sick:

A lot of people that smoke wouldn't do drugs anyway. I know a lot of normal regular people who smoke, but they would never touch drugs...they're normal good people, really.

What does that have to do with anything? I never said all smokers did drugs. In fact, I pretty much said the opposite. When did I say no smokers were good people? Confused
I.Heart.Panic.
I.Heart.Panic.
October 22nd, 2005 at 07:28pm
That is the dumbest thing I ever heard.
So you pick up a cigarette, you ignore the the warning on the box, you inhale all the horrible stuff. Consequence?
Most likely, you get cancer.
So yeah.[/i]
billiejoearmstrong18
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
billiejoearmstrong18
October 22nd, 2005 at 08:45pm
*Blue Star*:
xAnarchy4theUSAx:

yeah...that's what I think.

Haha yah. Its kinda weird, I hate the smell of cigarettes and i love the smell of pot. I dunno, I haven't smoked anything yet, and I'm sure I will sometime because I want to try it, but I have no intention of becoming a full out smoker. My grandpa just passed away from lung cancer and I had to watch him struggle to breathe and I found him dead. Not a pretty sight. But whatever people who want to smoke go ahead.
® Billie Joe
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
® Billie Joe
October 22nd, 2005 at 09:24pm
Even though my mother/father/brother-in-law smokes.. I think all smokers should be locked in a room with little to no ventillation for several hours, hacking on eachothers second hand smoke. THEN we'll see how many smokers are left. >=(
ren
Idiot
ren
October 22nd, 2005 at 11:28pm
Im a smoker... i dont think locking us in a room will help personally. And i dont think banning them will help, im a minor and i manage to get cigarettes, making them illegal with just make them that more appetizing to people. when your mom said dont touch those cookies what did you want to do?! TOUCH THE GODDAMN COOKIES!! If you want something bad enough then you can get it i mean drugs, cigarettes anything, you know who to ask at your school or what not.

Hate that we smoke not the smokers....
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
October 23rd, 2005 at 07:50am
kingforafewdays:
Im a smoker... i dont think locking us in a room will help personally. And i dont think banning them will help, im a minor and i manage to get cigarettes, making them illegal with just make them that more appetizing to people. when your mom said dont touch those cookies what did you want to do?! TOUCH THE GODDAMN COOKIES!! If you want something bad enough then you can get it i mean drugs, cigarettes anything, you know who to ask at your school or what not.

That's what I mean...
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
October 23rd, 2005 at 10:52am
kingforafewdays:

Did anyone ever say banning cigarettes will stop every single smoker on the planet from smoking?
No.
It will stop a pretty good amount of people, though. Maybe it won't stop you, but you can't speak for all the parents out there, or all the kids who don't want to break the law, etc...,

I have also said probably 10 times that I don't have a problem with smokers. I have a problem with people who smoke near me, but that's only when they're near me, I have a problem with people who lie about quitting to me, I have a problem with people who try to get me to either start smoking or stop being anti-smoking, but if I really like a person and find out they smoke, I'm not going to stop liking them.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
October 23rd, 2005 at 12:19pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
*Blue Star*:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
*Blue Star*:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
*Blue Star*:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
spill_no_sick:

What does that have to do with anything? I never said all smokers did drugs. In fact, I pretty much said the opposite. When did I say no smokers were good people? Confused

I don't know Sad
Sorry, I wasn't making a lot of sense that day.

I'm not really on a side...I'm neutral Smile
I kind of want smoking to be banned because then if it's banned...then maybe a few generations later...there will be hardly anyone smoking and the air would smell pretty fresh again unless some guy comes along and farts...but whatever...
At the same time, I can kind of understand why it isn't banned.

If you smoke...try smoking a little less. That's my advice. Very Happy
Or get nicotine patches..or the gum
Register