Smoking

AuthorMessage
Pretty Like Drugs
King For A Couple Of Days
Pretty Like Drugs
September 17th, 2005 at 04:22am
smoking sucks
but if you start getting lung cancer don't get pissy with the companies, they didn't make the decision to smoke for you
you essentially killed yourself
Elegantly Wasted
Elegantly Wasted
September 17th, 2005 at 10:39am
smoking cant be banned all together. there would probly be riots. its good that smoking is getting banned in public places now tho. i reckon smoking is gross. and exhaling the smoke makes you look like a dragon. i dont mean to offend any smokers tho, its just what i think.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
September 18th, 2005 at 01:04am
So people get pissed off, big deal. People will find other things to get pissed off about. And I've said this to my ex-friends: if you wanna get pissed at people for wanting to save lives, then you really need some help. So let people get pissed if smoking is made illegal, lives are worth it.
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
September 18th, 2005 at 01:47am
ExtraodinaryGirl:
So people get pissed off, big deal. People will find other things to get pissed off about. And I've said this to my ex-friends: if you wanna get pissed at people for wanting to save lives, then you really need some help. So let people get pissed if smoking is made illegal, lives are worth it.

your ava says it all
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
September 18th, 2005 at 01:56am
Capri:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

your ava says it all

Indeed, lol.

I downloaded an icon for AIM a little while ago that has the logo and says Go Ahead... Pay Someone to Kill You. I really want that on a shirt, lol.
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
September 18th, 2005 at 01:58am
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Capri:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

your ava says it all

Indeed, lol.

I downloaded an icon for AIM a little while ago that has the logo and says Go Ahead... Pay Someone to Kill You. I really want that on a shirt, lol.

wear it to a GD concert, it'll piss of a shit load off people, i'll bet Very Happy
_lit up
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
_lit up
September 18th, 2005 at 06:44am
ExtraodinaryGirl:

It isn't illegal in public places already? That's insane.

And I def. agree that smoking should be banned. What I don't get is that pot is illegal, right? Smoking is MORE harmful than pot. Smoking is MORE harmful than a pretty fair amount of illegal drugs, it's also a HELL of a lot more addictive. And yet for drugs, there are rehab clinics and laws against them, where are the rehab clinics for smokers? Where are the laws against smoking? And people can say that even if it were illegal, people would still smoke, that's true, but how many less people would smoke if it were illegal? Making smoking illegal would decrease: (A)the amount of people who smoke, and (B)the fact that there are so many places you can smoke. Along with that, you wouldn't see people sitting on their porches smoking a cigarette if it were illegal, which would in turn do less harm to the enviornment and to other people if smokers only smoked in private.

You can't just ban smoking all of sudden. What about the billions of people who smoke now and are addicted to it? They wouldn't be able to stop just like that. You have to phase it out. They're starting to do that by banning smoking in public in bars and restaurants (in NZ anyway). There is a much more negative attitude towards smoking then there was a couple of years ago which also helps. But will it ever be enough? I doubt it.

And I'm sure if people smoked as much weed as they do tabacco, weed would have just the same amount (if not more) of harmful affects.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
September 18th, 2005 at 07:23am
_lit up:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

And I def. agree that smoking should be banned. What I don't get is that pot is illegal, right? Smoking is MORE harmful than pot. Smoking is MORE harmful than a pretty fair amount of illegal drugs, it's also a HELL of a lot more addictive. And yet for drugs, there are rehab clinics and laws against them, where are the rehab clinics for smokers? Where are the laws against smoking? And people can say that even if it were illegal, people would still smoke, that's true, but how many less people would smoke if it were illegal? Making smoking illegal would decrease: (A)the amount of people who smoke, and (B)the fact that there are so many places you can smoke. Along with that, you wouldn't see people sitting on their porches smoking a cigarette if it were illegal, which would in turn do less harm to the enviornment and to other people if smokers only smoked in private.

You can't just ban smoking all of sudden. What about the billions of people who smoke now and are addicted to it? They wouldn't be able to stop just like that. You have to phase it out. They're starting to do that by banning smoking in public in bars and restaurants (in NZ anyway). There is a much more negative attitude towards smoking then there was a couple of years ago which also helps. But will it ever be enough? I doubt it.

And I'm sure if people smoked as much weed as they do tabacco, weed would have just the same amount (if not more) of harmful affects.

Rehab clinics. Like I said. People get more addicted to tobacco than they do to marijuana, there should be rehab clinics for it. I never said every smoker should be forced to go cold turkey, I said smoking should be illegal, it's more harmfull than a lot of things that ARE illegal.

People DO smoke as much weed as they do tobacco.

I have a wristband that says Just Say No and has the anti-_____ logo, there isn't anything in the circle so it can go for drugs or smoking, but I wore that to the concert and I have a shirt that has the anti-smoking logo and says Too Smart to Start, I wore that but I put the shirt that I bought there over it. And if I had a shirt that said that, I TOTALLY would, lol. Someday I'll have a shirt that says it on it........... if it kills me..... lol
_lit up
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
_lit up
September 19th, 2005 at 05:52am
ExtraodinaryGirl:
_lit up:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

Rehab clinics. Like I said. People get more addicted to tobacco than they do to marijuana, there should be rehab clinics for it. I never said every smoker should be forced to go cold turkey, I said smoking should be illegal, it's more harmfull than a lot of things that ARE illegal.

I have a wristband that says Just Say No and has the anti-_____ logo, there isn't anything in the circle so it can go for drugs or smoking, but I wore that to the concert and I have a shirt that has the anti-smoking logo and says Too Smart to Start, I wore that but I put the shirt that I bought there over it. And if I had a shirt that said that, I TOTALLY would, lol. Someday I'll have a shirt that says it on it........... if it kills me..... lol

err... You say smoking should be banned and should be illegal. How is that not asking people to go cold turkey?
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
September 19th, 2005 at 06:38am
_lit up:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
_lit up:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

err... You say smoking should be banned and should be illegal. How is that not asking people to go cold turkey?

1. No law is made over night. People would have warning
2. For the third time I will say this: rehab clinics
BringYourOwnBombs
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
BringYourOwnBombs
September 19th, 2005 at 04:08pm
i think its stupid ppl hu smoke r fookin' egits.
L Lawliet
Idiot
L Lawliet
September 19th, 2005 at 04:57pm
People shouldn't smoke. It's real bad for them. Of course, it is also addictive, and convincing someone to stop is not easy.
_lit up
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
_lit up
September 20th, 2005 at 05:33am
ExtraodinaryGirl:
_lit up:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
_lit up:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

wtf!? so you're just going to put billions of people into rehab? Rolling Eyes
eberneezer_egghead
Falling In Love With The Board
eberneezer_egghead
September 20th, 2005 at 12:58pm
Its illegal in public places in Ireland, isnt it?
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
September 20th, 2005 at 02:49pm
_lit up:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
_lit up:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
_lit up:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

Would you mind telling me what is wrong with helping people with a deadly addiction? I don't see what's so bad about getting rehab clinics up for tobacco addicts, so if you could tell me what the problem is with it, I'd appreciate it.
_lit up
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
_lit up
September 20th, 2005 at 10:35pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
_lit up:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
_lit up:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
_lit up:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

Would you mind telling me what is wrong with helping people with a deadly addiction? I don't see what's so bad about getting rehab clinics up for tobacco addicts, so if you could tell me what the problem is with it, I'd appreciate it.

lets be realistic, you think the government will spend billions of dollars setting up all these rehab clinics for the billions of people who smoke?
Spirit Of '77
Falling In Love With The Board
Spirit Of '77
September 20th, 2005 at 11:10pm
Capri:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Capri:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

your ava says it all

Indeed, lol.

wear it to a GD concert, it'll piss of a shit load off people, i'll bet Very Happy

why would that piss someone off?
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
September 21st, 2005 at 12:11pm
_lit up:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
_lit up:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
_lit up:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
_lit up:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

lets be realistic, you think the government will spend billions of dollars setting up all these rehab clinics for the billions of people who smoke?

The governemnt spends billions of dollars setting up rehab clinics for alcoholics and drug addicts.

Also, that doesn't answer my question.

Plus, not everyone who smokes would even NEED rehab clinic. If you think every single smoker in the country would GO to a rehab clinic, you need to do some more research. Some people wouldn't quit, some people would quit on their own, some people would quit with the help of friends and family, some people would go to rehab clinics, some people would use help lines.

I have another question for you, too, since you seem to be against tobacco rehab clinics. Why is it that there are clinics for people with other deadly addictions, and not tobacco? Why is it that some drugs that aren't as dangerous as cigarettes are illegal, when you see ads for cigarettes in a lot of big-name magazines?
_lit up
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
_lit up
September 22nd, 2005 at 07:05am
ExtraodinaryGirl:

The governemnt spends billions of dollars setting up rehab clinics for alcoholics and drug addicts.

Plus, not everyone who smokes would even NEED rehab clinic. If you think every single smoker in the country would GO to a rehab clinic, you need to do some more research. Some people wouldn't quit, some people would quit on their own, some people would quit with the help of friends and family, some people would go to rehab clinics, some people would use help lines.

I have another question for you, too, since you seem to be against tobacco rehab clinics. Why is it that there are clinics for people with other deadly addictions, and not tobacco? Why is it that some drugs that aren't as dangerous as cigarettes are illegal, when you see ads for cigarettes in a lot of big-name magazines?

I did answer your question.

I am not against tobacco rehab clinics (nor any other rehab clinics for that matter). I was simply saying that it is unrealistic that everyone who would need rehab would get it. There are billions of smokers in the world, even if only 25% needed rehab that's still a hell of a lot of people. Meaning there would need to be heaps of government funding to set up these clinics. And I doubt most governments would want to spend that much money on one project.

Although they are not called 'rehab clinics' there are a few tabacco recovery centers which help people stop smoking. And in my personal opinion I think the reason why there are hardly any tabacco rehab clinics is because a tabacco addiction is (generally) not seen as a negative thing (in comparison to an alcohol or illegal substance addiction).
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
September 22nd, 2005 at 07:42am
_lit up:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

I did answer your question.

I am not against tobacco rehab clinics (nor any other rehab clinics for that matter). I was simply saying that it is unrealistic that everyone who would need rehab would get it. There are billions of smokers in the world, even if only 25% needed rehab that's still a hell of a lot of people. Meaning there would need to be heaps of government funding to set up these clinics. And I doubt most governments would want to spend that much money on one project.

Although they are not called 'rehab clinics' there are a few tabacco recovery centers which help people stop smoking. And in my personal opinion I think the reason why there are hardly any tabacco rehab clinics is because a tabacco addiction is (generally) not seen as a negative thing (in comparison to an alcohol or illegal substance addiction).

Where? I saw no answer to what I asked anywhere in any of your posts.

I didn't say everyone who needed it would get it. Some people would refuse it, and others just wouldn't be able to get it. That doesn't mean there shouldn't be rehab clinics.

Yes, there are phone numbers you can call, there are people you can see weekly and lie to. Since when is a nicotine or tobacco addiction not looked at as a negative thing? If you can find me ONE sane person who doesn't think any kind of unhealthy addiction is a bad thing, I will be able to understand that arguement, but until then, I don't see that AT all.
Register