AuthorMessage
comfortably confused
Falling In Love With The Board
comfortably confused
September 11th, 2005 at 06:02am
ExtraodinaryGirl:
comfortably confused:
zzZnAtZzz:
i will never smoke becuz ur breath stinx, and it gives u cancer. i dont have a death wish.
doesnt mean your never going to get cancer.

Noone has ever said smoking is the only cause to cancer. But not smoking decreases your chances of getting cancer. Considering there are- I'm pretty sure only four or so, not sure the exact number-so only a few types of cancer not either caused or helped along by smoking.

What I don't get is why people do things they claim relaxes them that winds up just taking money that they'll need for their hospital bills later on in life.

In all honesty, what's the upside of smoking? It relaxes you? Okay. Until somebody tries to get you to stop. Or until you need that money. Or until you get pregnant and need to stop right away. Why spend so much money on death? Why not just take a razor blade and cut your wrist if you want to die badly enough?
i dont think it relaxes me, i can understand why people say that though, it takes your mind of the stress cause in hand, i dont see why people cant find something else to do instead. Also you cannot compare smoking to slitting your wrists, believe me, they are nothing alike. Yes i sposse smoking is a form of slow of suicide but slitting your wrists is extreme.

anyway all i mentioned was that it seemed like she was saying "im not smoking so im not going to get cancer" thats all

oh and i have to slip this in, i have completly cut down on smoking, i used to smoke about 20 a day and now im on about 4 or 5, hopefully soon ill be stopping Very Happy i feel proud of myself.
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
King For A Couple Of Days
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
September 11th, 2005 at 06:50am
as I have said, I really don't get the fun in smoking tobacco...Confused You can't even get high on it! Where is the fun in that?!
comfortably confused
comfortably confused
September 11th, 2005 at 06:52am
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
as I have said, I really don't get the fun in smoking tobacco...Confused You can't even get high on it! Where is the fun in that?!
people dont smoke for the fun of it, they're not after a high they are addicted to the nicotine, thats what brings them back, and the enjoyment of a cigarette.
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
September 11th, 2005 at 07:48am
comfortably confused:
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
people dont smoke for the fun of it, they're not after a high they are addicted to the nicotine, thats what brings them back, and the enjoyment of a cigarette.
But why starty doing it in the first place then?
comfortably confused
comfortably confused
September 11th, 2005 at 07:50am
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
comfortably confused:
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
everyone has their own reasons. There isnt just one out there.
i only started due to peer pressure, i was 13, now i enjoy it, although i am trying hard to quit >.< im doing ok so far, ive cut down a hell of a lot and the encouragment from my friends is helping Very Happy

i have been smoking weed everyday for the past 5 years, its not always that good (i have my reasons why i do it)
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
September 11th, 2005 at 08:06am
comfortably confused:
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
comfortably confused:
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
i only started due to peer pressure, i was 13, now i enjoy it, although i am trying hard to quit >.< im doing ok so far, ive cut down a hell of a lot and the encouragment from my friends is helping Very Happy

i have been smoking weed everyday for the past 5 years, its not always that good (i have my reasons why i do it)

I guess mostly it's just peer pressure...

After a while you become more resistant tothe effects of weed which kinda sucks but it's great while your still 13 and weigh very little Very Happy
comfortably confused
comfortably confused
September 11th, 2005 at 08:10am
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
comfortably confused:
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
comfortably confused:
XxXflowerfairyXxX:

After a while you become more resistant tothe effects of weed which kinda sucks but it's great while your still 13 and weigh very little Very Happy
im not 13 Confused

but for the reason i do it everyday it still helps it just makes me sad that its the only thing that will help.
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
September 11th, 2005 at 08:12am
comfortably confused:
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
comfortably confused:
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
comfortably confused:
XxXflowerfairyXxX:

im not 13 Confused

but for the reason i do it everyday it still helps it just makes me sad that its the only thing that will help.

But I am Cool
Speechless&Redundant
Geek
Speechless&Redundant
September 11th, 2005 at 01:20pm
I dont see the point in smoking...when you smoke your basically saying hmmm this is fun who cares if im killing myself in the process or if Im smoking around people who cares if I could be hurting them 2...i get people are addicted to it and feel that they cant stop but their is always a way to stop doing something even if its really hard it is possible

I have many reasons not to smoke, like my family history, my moms entire family (mom, sister, father) have died of cancer, and my dads side of the family has a cancer pattern aswell...not all from lung cancer but a large percentage of them. I get their is a possiblity of me getting some other form of cancer but I certanely will not choose the type of cancer I get. My idiot sister on the other hand knows all of this but continue's to smoke because she says "My life is to stressful I need this"...her life is about as stressful as a dogs...she is a dumbshit who wants to die!
ancient
Had A Life Before GSB
ancient

Blog
September 11th, 2005 at 04:42pm
It's weird because the packages that my mom and sister get say nothing about getting lung cancer. Nope. Never seen it. But it does have this thing saying "Get more miles by buying more ciggarettes!!" and then the fucking company sends you a thing saying what you can get from the miles if you collect them. Everytime I see one in the mail I throw it out before my sister gets home. God I HATE Marlboro... I hate Salem.. fuck I hate them all!!!!!

And I've figured something out. I think that kids with parents that do smoke aren't as apt (i never knew if that was a word.. and right now I'm using it as one) to smoke because they see what it's doing to their moms and/or dads and baboom they generally think "I don't wanna end up like that!".
ancient
Had A Life Before GSB
ancient

Blog
September 11th, 2005 at 04:44pm
Speechless&Redundant:
"My life is to stressful I need this"...her life is about as stressful as a dogs...she is a dumbshit who wants to die!

Sounds like my dipshit sister.

I don't usually swear like this. I only swear when I get really pissed. LIKE I AM NOW. Because people smoke. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
September 12th, 2005 at 01:40am
EternallyYours-yah right-:
It's weird because the packages that my mom and sister get say nothing about getting lung cancer. Nope. Never seen it. But it does have this thing saying "Get more miles by buying more ciggarettes!!" and then the fucking company sends you a thing saying what you can get from the miles if you collect them. Everytime I see one in the mail I throw it out before my sister gets home. God I HATE Marlboro... I hate Salem.. fuck I hate them all!!!!!

And I've figured something out. I think that kids with parents that do smoke aren't as apt (i never knew if that was a word.. and right now I'm using it as one) to smoke because they see what it's doing to their moms and/or dads and baboom they generally think "I don't wanna end up like that!".

Any tobacco company that doesn't put the Surgeons General Warning on is breaking a law and could be shut down very easily.

That seems like it makes sense, but it's been scientifically(sp?)proven that kids with parents who smoke are more likely to smoke. Mostly because it's easier to get and they aren't taught that it's bad.

And also, the smoking/cutting wrist comparison makes perfect sense. Both are suicide. Both are extreme. One is just faster than the other. And one is also better for your health and the health of people around you than the other.
cherriesinslowmotion
Jackass
cherriesinslowmotion
September 12th, 2005 at 03:46am
4700 new zealanders die every year from smoking.
B.J
B.J
September 12th, 2005 at 09:05am
What kind of smoking?
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
September 12th, 2005 at 12:48pm
Did you know Finland has the highest rate of heart disease in the world?
cherriesinslowmotion
Jackass
cherriesinslowmotion
September 13th, 2005 at 12:36am
smoking is a major cause of blindness.
1300 people in NZ have an untreatable blindness due to current and past smoking
Dry Ice
Jackass
Dry Ice
September 13th, 2005 at 07:00pm
I'm so glad that my dad is stopping to smoke
The Rev
Addict
The Rev
September 16th, 2005 at 08:09pm
**Good Riddance**:
I'm so glad that my dad is stopping to smoke

congrats to your dad.. i wish i was able to stop.. but i just need the power to beable to stop on my own.. something that i don't seem to have.. Sad
Natalie.
Idiot
Natalie.
September 17th, 2005 at 03:43am
in the uk they r plannin 2 ban smokin in public places. i was reading an argument against that. What they said was a load of lies. They should ban smoking altogether, it would reduce the amount of people getting cancer dramatically. Also what about passive smoking?
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
September 17th, 2005 at 03:53am
zzZnAtZzz:
in the uk they r plannin 2 ban smokin in public places. i was reading an argument against that. What they said was a load of lies. They should ban smoking altogether, it would reduce the amount of people getting cancer dramatically. Also what about passive smoking?

It isn't illegal in public places already? That's insane.

And I def. agree that smoking should be banned. What I don't get is that pot is illegal, right? Smoking is MORE harmful than pot. Smoking is MORE harmful than a pretty fair amount of illegal drugs, it's also a HELL of a lot more addictive. And yet for drugs, there are rehab clinics and laws against them, where are the rehab clinics for smokers? Where are the laws against smoking? And people can say that even if it were illegal, people would still smoke, that's true, but how many less people would smoke if it were illegal? Making smoking illegal would decrease: (A)the amount of people who smoke, and (B)the fact that there are so many places you can smoke. Along with that, you wouldn't see people sitting on their porches smoking a cigarette if it were illegal, which would in turn do less harm to the enviornment and to other people if smokers only smoked in private.
Register