Smoking

AuthorMessage
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 11th, 2008 at 09:41am
*muffin_girl*:
I dont have a problem with other people smoking as such, I mean its their own stupid fault for starting... But I just dont want it affecting me!
I mean there are no valid reasons watsoever to smoke so why bother, your paying money to have your lungs beaten the shit out of and painted with that dirty yellow road paint after its been on the road for ages and picked up all the crap effectivly. And as for the "I wont let the government tell me what to do" crap when they tell you not to smoke, so your gonna let multimillion dollar tobacco companys tell you what to do instead? Sepnding YOUR money so THEY can have that extra round the world cruise and thier huge mansions huh?
Mental.

Oh and the whole "Its my choice" stuff as well, If you want to walk around DRINKING formaldahyde (Poison used to preserve dead bodies, also found in cigarettes) fine by me! That is your choice. But making me put up with the stink and possible side affects of you fucking cancer stick effects ME too and that becomes not just "your choice". I drink, its my choice, I dont get violent or anything so it dosnt affect you, if I eat alot, I may get a bit chubby, but as long as you can still squeeze past me through gaps it dosnt bouther you, you smoke, it increases (and I dont care by how little its still an increase) MY chance of cancer and other such disaeses... not to mention the fact IT FUCKING STINKS!!!! Making me move on the damn but just cos you wanna sit behind me with your stinking breath... how would you like it if i kept farting in you face eh? you wouldn't. But at leats farting is a natural process, smoking isnt. Hand

No valid reasons to smoke, well obviously that isn't true, otherwise no one would smoke. The tobaccoo advertisements make it look so incredibly cool, peers pressure their peers into smoking. At one point in time the side effects weren't even know, it was just a social activity. There are thousands of reasons why people smoke, and there are thousands as to why they shouldn't.

As for the giving your money to corporations... it would appear that you're on a computer, I'm sure Microsoft or Apple appreciate that, they'll be thinking of you on their cruise ~~ Do you wear clothes? Eat food? Use Gas? Buy CDs? Posters? Everyone feeds their money to corporations, lets not just pick on people who smoke.

I agree with you, smokers shouldn't be allowed to smoke in places where they can harm other people. Publically funded buildings and places where the government conduct operations affects citizens is about it, places you have to go. However, I think banning smoking in resturants is unneeded. No one has to go out and eat, no one has to go out to a bar, those are all choices. And if you make a choice to go a place like that, you have to accept the fact that the owner of the building may allow smoking.
Barney Stinson
Basket Case
Barney Stinson

Mibba Blog
January 11th, 2008 at 06:56pm
Kurtni:
*muffin_girl*:
I dont have a problem with other people smoking as such, I mean its their own stupid fault for starting... But I just dont want it affecting me!
I mean there are no valid reasons watsoever to smoke so why bother, your paying money to have your lungs beaten the shit out of and painted with that dirty yellow road paint after its been on the road for ages and picked up all the crap effectivly. And as for the "I wont let the government tell me what to do" crap when they tell you not to smoke, so your gonna let multimillion dollar tobacco companys tell you what to do instead? Sepnding YOUR money so THEY can have that extra round the world cruise and thier huge mansions huh?
Mental.

Oh and the whole "Its my choice" stuff as well, If you want to walk around DRINKING formaldahyde (Poison used to preserve dead bodies, also found in cigarettes) fine by me! That is your choice. But making me put up with the stink and possible side affects of you fucking cancer stick effects ME too and that becomes not just "your choice". I drink, its my choice, I dont get violent or anything so it dosnt affect you, if I eat alot, I may get a bit chubby, but as long as you can still squeeze past me through gaps it dosnt bouther you, you smoke, it increases (and I dont care by how little its still an increase) MY chance of cancer and other such disaeses... not to mention the fact IT FUCKING STINKS!!!! Making me move on the damn but just cos you wanna sit behind me with your stinking breath... how would you like it if i kept farting in you face eh? you wouldn't. But at leats farting is a natural process, smoking isnt. Hand

No valid reasons to smoke, well obviously that isn't true, otherwise no one would smoke. The tobaccoo advertisements make it look so incredibly cool, peers pressure their peers into smoking. At one point in time the side effects weren't even know, it was just a social activity. There are thousands of reasons why people smoke, and there are thousands as to why they shouldn't.

As for the giving your money to corporations... it would appear that you're on a computer, I'm sure Microsoft or Apple appreciate that, they'll be thinking of you on their cruise ~~ Do you wear clothes? Eat food? Use Gas? Buy CDs? Posters? Everyone feeds their money to corporations, lets not just pick on people who smoke.

I agree with you, smokers shouldn't be allowed to smoke in places where they can harm other people. Publically funded buildings and places where the government conduct operations affects citizens is about it, places you have to go. However, I think banning smoking in resturants is unneeded. No one has to go out and eat, no one has to go out to a bar, those are all choices. And if you make a choice to go a place like that, you have to accept the fact that the owner of the building may allow smoking.

I don't know, i have known people who both smoke and have quit and people who have smoked and become addicted to the thing. I am allergic to tabacco and always will be, i'll never grow out of it.
About the whole smoking in places where they can harm anyone else, i agree, i think that smoking in public place is wrong, and unhealthy. If you want to go out and eat, go outside and smoke, don't smoke inside, it's gross. Now, a bar is fine to smoke in, that's fine. And as u said before, it's a choice. It's annoying when someone says, i went to a bar last night and it was so smokey they allowed it, be quiet already. It was their choice to go into that smokey bar in the first place. If that made sense....
Sylar
Falling In Love With The Board
Sylar
January 12th, 2008 at 05:46am
I actually think the owners of whatever establishment should have the choice as to whether it's pro or anti smoking.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 12th, 2008 at 11:48pm
DaschundPup2007:

About the whole smoking in places where they can harm anyone else, i agree, i think that smoking in public place is wrong, and unhealthy. If you want to go out and eat, go outside and smoke, don't smoke inside, it's gross. Now, a bar is fine to smoke in, that's fine. And as u said before, it's a choice. It's annoying when someone says, i went to a bar last night and it was so smokey they allowed it, be quiet already. It was their choice to go into that smokey bar in the first place. If that made sense....
...that is not what I said Coolio
Barney Stinson
Basket Case
Barney Stinson

Mibba Blog
January 13th, 2008 at 10:20am
Kurtni:
DaschundPup2007:

...that is not what I said Coolio

Sorry, i misunderstood!!! Embarassed
Fasterkillpussycat
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Fasterkillpussycat
November 2nd, 2008 at 05:16pm
Well I think it's becoming public enemy considering all the new rules and most of the hateful posts on this thread saying it's our own fault if we get cancer and die. And yes, suing tobacco companies is a pretty big contradiction.

Well, I always feel awkward when I spark up outside and I feel like everyone is giving me dirty looks and I sometimes get grief from my friends for doing it. So I try not to do it in public just to accomodate the fucking tobbacco police.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 3rd, 2008 at 02:58pm
Fasterkillpussycat:
most of the hateful posts on this thread saying it's our own fault if we get cancer and die.
Do you think it wouldn't be your fault?
Princessrochelle__x
Geek
Princessrochelle__x
November 4th, 2008 at 09:59am
i hate smoking
but i get tempted to do it when ive been drinking
when ive been drunk i smoke only one only coz it makes me go even more dizzy lol
but i hardly get drunk anyway so its not that often

even though i read on the college board toda that smoking one cigarette takes 11 minutes off your life ..oh well
The Collector
GSBitch
The Collector
November 5th, 2008 at 03:00am
Everyone in my grade class smokes cept for me
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
November 7th, 2008 at 04:58pm
Smoking is stupid.

I always have my iPod and speakers with me, and when I see a person smoking I'll play "Cancer" really loudly in their direction.

My parents refuse to listen to it though, cuz they don't want to listen to a sad song, an they just want to keep smoking and pretend that they've tried quitting and that it's too hard.

They haven't tried.
Emily-Cool
Emily-Cool
November 7th, 2008 at 05:15pm
I smoke. I don;t like it, but I do it.
Anything from 10+ a day.
It's sociable, all my friends do it, and I like the taste. I KNOW it is bad for my health, BUT it's my choice. I could get hit by a bus tomorrow, I just want to do what I want at the moment really.
I went 5 days without smoking the other week, and it was so hard.
I have nicotine patches at the moment, they don't seem to be working, but I am slowly cutting down. I aim to stop by January.

I crave to smoke.
I get sad that it costs me a fiver a packet though!

I'm addicted. :/
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
November 8th, 2008 at 11:53am
I used to be so used to smoke; half my family smoked, most my friends smoke. But since I started my new school, I don't have any school friends that smoke, and then I went to a party with my old schoolmates and they all smoked, and my eyes started to run and got red, I was like "wtf is this"
But y'know, that's just good, isn't it?
Plus noone in my family smokes now, they were all either about to die from it or got seriously ill, so now they've stopped and yeah, that's great Con
Emily-Cool
Emily-Cool
November 9th, 2008 at 11:27am
Yeah yeah ok, smokings bad, I am trying to stop Confused
MarieArt
Idiot
MarieArt

Blog
January 23rd, 2009 at 03:12pm
It's even illegal in most public places, even some roads here in Kentucky.
I'm in the process of quiting(2.5 weeks)
Music to my ears
Idiot
Music to my ears
January 24th, 2009 at 02:03am
I think that smoking is a personal choice, if you want to smoke and be faced with health problems and most likely death then go right ahead, you will have no one to blame but yourself.
Some of the stratergies and add campaigns that the government put millions of dollars into I see as a waste of time because at the end of the day most people are going to do what they want anyway, I think people need to find their own personal reason to stop smoking and to do it on their own terms not by some 20 second commercial showing someone's gain green.
But thats just my opinion.
asthenia.
asthenia.

Blog
January 26th, 2009 at 08:16pm
Operatic Skeleton:
It's illegal in Australia to smoke indoors unless it's in your own home/car, on public/government property and within 4 metres of a doorway.

Even though the government probably had good intentions...isn't that kind of intrusive?
I've heard other laws being proposed which would make it illegal to smoke even in your own car. I think it's ridiculous.
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
January 27th, 2009 at 12:18am
asthenia.:
Operatic Skeleton:
It's illegal in Australia to smoke indoors unless it's in your own home/car, on public/government property and within 4 metres of a doorway.

Even though the government probably had good intentions...isn't that kind of intrusive?
I've heard other laws being proposed which would make it illegal to smoke even in your own car. I think it's ridiculous.

I think it's more for if there are children or just people in general in the house or car. Yeah, somewhat intrusive. They went hyper on smoking.
Tahm York
This Board Is My Home
Tahm York

Blog
February 21st, 2009 at 08:45pm
I think it's truly nasty, but yeah, it is your choice, basically. if you want to ruin your lungs and your heart, then that's your deal. I do it, personally, and I hate it. I think I'm more addicted to the way it calms me down, how I feel when I do it, how I'm so mindful for that ten minutes that it takes me to have one. I guess I'm still addicted, because sometimes I just smoke to... smoke.
LastNight_OnEarth
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
LastNight_OnEarth
August 25th, 2009 at 12:04pm
Honestly i think smoking is a total personal choice.
Like if someone choose to smoke, fair dues and they know about the health risks. So theres no need to badger them and shove what they already knoww down their throat.
But at the same time i think the whole ban on smoking indoors is good because some people hate it and they shouldn't have to be surrounded by it. Which is very fairr.
=].

I don't really like smoking all that much.. Yett. I do actually smoke every so often.
But the whole, smokers being hypocrites is veryy annoying. >.<.
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
August 25th, 2009 at 12:36pm
I was so stressed recently that I was tempted to start smoking cigars...
Register