Is Jason White An Official Member Of Green Day?

AuthorMessage
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
August 30th, 2005 at 09:27am
greendaygothgirl:
okay. I want to get this clear RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

It is up to NONE of you to decide if Jason becomes an official member of the band. And in reply to some person back there who said he isn't sexy enough....

Fuck that. WHO CARES WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE?! God dammit... Look. If Jason, Mike, BJ and Tre think he should be in the band... Then he should.

I would like to draw attention, if I may, to the The Living End case, whereupon the drummer of the aforementioned TLE (Trav Demsey) left. They required an entirely new drummer, which they found. Andy Strachan. Andy has not destroyed the band, nor in any way deteriorated their standards.

Jason isn't like a WHOLE NEW MEMBER of the band. He's an add-on. It's still Green Day... Just more flexible. Stronger. He adds timbre.

Thank you for reading.

No one said it was up to us, but we're allowed to express our opinion on the matter.

TLE case is different, they had to find someone to fill the position of drummer. Sorta happened with Green Day as well, remember? When a Mr. Cool came in? TLE and Green Day cases are completely different, I can't see what it has to do with anything.

How does Jason add? He doesn't write or contribute to the music. Check the cd's. He just plays guitar on stage. And I have nothing against him at all.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 30th, 2005 at 09:35am
He doesn't write because he's not a member of the band! Fool...
Glizzoria
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Glizzoria
August 30th, 2005 at 09:39am
He cant be a member of GD thats just werid.
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
August 30th, 2005 at 09:40am
Flaming Phalanges!:

I know. That's why I'm asking, what does he add, what makes him make Green Day "stronger".
Valentine
Jackass
Valentine
August 30th, 2005 at 09:54am
Oh the controversy....

Look, if jason's in the band, Well for him. If jason's not in the band, well for him. Either way he's a fixture in there somewhere.

Get some lego build a bridge and get the fuck over it.

And what the fuck was the person who said "he's not good enough to be beside Billie Joe on my wall?" smoking?!
EchoBrain
Falling In Love With The Board
EchoBrain
August 30th, 2005 at 10:04am
this should be in news...
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 30th, 2005 at 10:25am
+PanhandlingMisery+:
Flaming Phalanges!:

I know. That's why I'm asking, what does he add, what makes him make Green Day "stronger".

Only another layer of guitar...without him you'd be stuck on powerchords for the rest of your life.

Omg he does the cutest dances too you have to see those! Yeah...I ... I'll just go...
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
August 30th, 2005 at 10:44am
If the present Green Day wants him to be in the band, and if Jason wants to be in the band, i see no reason why not....
XxJesusOfSuburbiaxX
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
XxJesusOfSuburbiaxX
August 30th, 2005 at 01:04pm
YEha, think Green Day did all those ohter records not with JAson, he should just help out every once in awhile, not be an "Official Member"
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 30th, 2005 at 02:18pm
XxJesusOfSuburbiaxX:
YEha, think Green Day did all those ohter records not with JAson, he should just help out every once in awhile, not be an "Official Member"

All those other records? Oh you mean the ones with just power chords...the ones from before 2000 you mean...
Rae.
Post Whore
Rae.
August 30th, 2005 at 04:51pm
I always thought he liked the way things were.... I mean he gets to tour with the band, play music, do all the concerts - he doesn't have to worry about interviews or press or anything....

I really don't know where I'm getting at with this.
GreenDay_Fan17
Addict
GreenDay_Fan17
August 30th, 2005 at 04:58pm
you don't really want him in the band but you want him there to help out......thats what im guessing
Rae.
Post Whore
Rae.
August 30th, 2005 at 06:38pm
Nope. lol
gdfan4ever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
gdfan4ever
August 30th, 2005 at 10:36pm
if jason suddenly joined, so many people would be like, "who the hel is that?" it would be so wierd, its allways been just billie mike and tré, jason cant join. it would ruin it(i'm not sure what "it" is but whatever)
Al Sobrante
Geek
Al Sobrante
August 30th, 2005 at 10:50pm
i think he should be cuz he has helped the alot
the unpolished rake
Jackass
the unpolished rake
August 30th, 2005 at 10:54pm
no. i really like jason, but it wouldn't feel right at all. just no. he's never recorded with them anyway... has he???

plus, billie joe wouldn't be able to say "the green day trio" anymore.
Hotel New Archaic
Idiot
Hotel New Archaic
August 31st, 2005 at 08:14am
+PanhandlingMisery+:
greendaygothgirl:

It is up to NONE of you to decide if Jason becomes an official member of the band. And in reply to some person back there who said he isn't sexy enough....

Fuck that. WHO CARES WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE?! God dammit... Look. If Jason, Mike, BJ and Tre think he should be in the band... Then he should.

I would like to draw attention, if I may, to the The Living End case, whereupon the drummer of the aforementioned TLE (Trav Demsey) left. They required an entirely new drummer, which they found. Andy Strachan. Andy has not destroyed the band, nor in any way deteriorated their standards.

Jason isn't like a WHOLE NEW MEMBER of the band. He's an add-on. It's still Green Day... Just more flexible. Stronger. He adds timbre.

Thank you for reading.

No one said it was up to us, but we're allowed to express our opinion on the matter.

TLE case is different, they had to find someone to fill the position of drummer. Sorta happened with Green Day as well, remember? When a Mr. Cool came in? TLE and Green Day cases are completely different, I can't see what it has to do with anything.

How does Jason add? He doesn't write or contribute to the music. Check the cd's. He just plays guitar on stage. And I have nothing against him at all.

Yeah, sorry, I admit that was a crappy example. But he does add, as it happens. He doesn't write because he's not actually in the band, but he helps make the stage performance you see as brilliant as it is.

Imagine this;

An orchestra. I know you probably don't like classical music, and I don't much either, but it's a good example;
Let's say we have two violins, one cello, two flutes and two violas. It sounds good. But if you add in another, say, 5 violins, 5 violas (I'm guessing from the various orchestra performances I have seen) 5 more flutes, a harp and a couple more cellos.

It sounds A WHOLE LOT BETTER.

Obviously, they can't add in 3 more drummers, a couple more bass players and a pianist. A rock band traditionally... just can't have that many members.

THREE ISN'T A SACRED NUMBER OR ANYTHING. There is no law, written or un-written, that sayhs that a band cannot be more than 3.

What's wrong with Jason being a member of the band? To my knowledge, so far on this thread, there have been no arguements apart from 'he isn't sexy enough' or 'it would be weird'.

So, tell me, I'm interested to know, and I can be swayed.

If presented with a plausible arguement.

(oh, and I'm not expecting it to be as eloquent as mine. I feel like being professional today, so don't worry. Though actual english would be good, not text-talk, s'il te plait (please))
Hotel New Archaic
Idiot
Hotel New Archaic
August 31st, 2005 at 08:15am
the unpolished rake:
no. i really like jason, but it wouldn't feel right at all. just no. he's never recorded with them anyway... has he???

plus, billie joe wouldn't be able to say "the green day trio" anymore.

he has recorded, ACTUALLY.

Quite a few albums, I'm not sure how many.

But because he isn't onafficial member, and apparantly doesn't want the fame, his name does not appear on the CD case.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 31st, 2005 at 10:15am
greendaygothgirl:
+PanhandlingMisery+:
greendaygothgirl:

Thank you for reading.

Yeah, sorry, I admit that was a crappy example. But he does add, as it happens. He doesn't write because he's not actually in the band, but he helps make the stage performance you see as brilliant as it is.

Imagine this;

An orchestra. I know you probably don't like classical music, and I don't much either, but it's a good example;
Let's say we have two violins, one cello, two flutes and two violas. It sounds good. But if you add in another, say, 5 violins, 5 violas (I'm guessing from the various orchestra performances I have seen) 5 more flutes, a harp and a couple more cellos.

It sounds A WHOLE LOT BETTER.

Obviously, they can't add in 3 more drummers, a couple more bass players and a pianist. A rock band traditionally... just can't have that many members.

THREE ISN'T A SACRED NUMBER OR ANYTHING. There is no law, written or un-written, that sayhs that a band cannot be more than 3.

What's wrong with Jason being a member of the band? To my knowledge, so far on this thread, there have been no arguements apart from 'he isn't sexy enough' or 'it would be weird'.

So, tell me, I'm interested to know, and I can be swayed.

If presented with a plausible arguement.

(oh, and I'm not expecting it to be as eloquent as mine. I feel like being professional today, so don't worry. Though actual english would be good, not text-talk, s'il te plait (please))

Is your name Julia? I think it might be...ZR vaguely said something like your username and now she just says Julia...if it's not don't worry but I LIKE YOU LOTS YOU JASON SUPPORTER YOU!!! *hands badge and a party hat*
GreenDay_Fan17
Addict
GreenDay_Fan17
August 31st, 2005 at 10:51am
i just like him as the helper.....
Register