Is Jason White An Official Member Of Green Day?

AuthorMessage
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 31st, 2005 at 10:59am
GreenDay_Fan17:
i just like him as the helper.....

What like a little elf? *rolls eyes*
GreenDay_Fan17
Addict
GreenDay_Fan17
August 31st, 2005 at 11:13am
huh???
keyser soze
King For A Couple Of Days
keyser soze
August 31st, 2005 at 11:21am
It would be weird if Jason officialy joined because its like always been Billie Joe, Mike and Tre.
*billiejoeROCKS*
Jackass
*billiejoeROCKS*
August 31st, 2005 at 02:01pm
yeah that would be so weird...
a band includes 5 members or sometimes 3...but never 4!?!?!

Jason is kewl as a helper...not a member...!
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 31st, 2005 at 02:22pm
*billiejoeROCKS*:

The Beatles
The Stones
GnR
Foo Fighters
Weezer
System of a down
The Doors
The Who
The Sex Pistols
The Clash
Patent Pending

Enough there for you?

I mean I know they're not all that famous and haven't been too successful...especially that first one but you know...
xZildjianRockerx
King For A Couple Of Days
xZildjianRockerx

Mibba
August 31st, 2005 at 02:24pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
*billiejoeROCKS*:

The Beatles
The Stones
GnR
Foo Fighters
Weezer
System of a down
The Doors
The Who
The Sex Pistols
The Clash
Patent Pending

Enough there for you?

I mean I know they're not all that famous and haven't been too successful...especially that first one but you know...

*High Fives FP*
*billiejoeROCKS*
Jackass
*billiejoeROCKS*
August 31st, 2005 at 02:25pm
Rolling Eyes ok....sorry....
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 31st, 2005 at 02:27pm
xZildjianRockerx:
Flaming Phalanges!:
*billiejoeROCKS*:

The Beatles
The Stones
GnR
Foo Fighters
Weezer
System of a down
The Doors
The Who
The Sex Pistols
The Clash
Patent Pending

Enough there for you?

*High Fives FP*

*high fives ZR*

*has totally kicked ass*

You know Jason should like..thank me in person for all this sticking upness I've been doing for him...ooh I finished my family guy marathon btw ZR.
Rae.
Post Whore
Rae.
August 31st, 2005 at 07:07pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
*billiejoeROCKS*:

The Beatles
The Stones
GnR
Foo Fighters
Weezer
System of a down
The Doors
The Who
The Sex Pistols
The Clash
Patent Pending

Enough there for you?

Gosh who are those bands? Never heard of them

Sarcasm.
GreenDay_Fan17
Addict
GreenDay_Fan17
August 31st, 2005 at 09:56pm
i only heard of 2 of them groups.....
Hotel New Archaic
Idiot
Hotel New Archaic
August 31st, 2005 at 10:28pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
greendaygothgirl:
+PanhandlingMisery+:
greendaygothgirl:
okay. I want to get this clear RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

It is up to NONE of you to decide if Jason becomes an official member of the band. And in reply to some person back there who said he isn't sexy enough....

Fuck that. WHO CARES WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE?! God dammit... Look. If Jason, Mike, BJ and Tre think he should be in the band... Then he should.

I would like to draw attention, if I may, to the The Living End case, whereupon the drummer of the aforementioned TLE (Trav Demsey) left. They required an entirely new drummer, which they found. Andy Strachan. Andy has not destroyed the band, nor in any way deteriorated their standards.

Jason isn't like a WHOLE NEW MEMBER of the band. He's an add-on. It's still Green Day... Just more flexible. Stronger. He adds timbre.

Thank you for reading.

No one said it was up to us, but we're allowed to express our opinion on the matter.

TLE case is different, they had to find someone to fill the position of drummer. Sorta happened with Green Day as well, remember? When a Mr. Cool came in? TLE and Green Day cases are completely different, I can't see what it has to do with anything.

How does Jason add? He doesn't write or contribute to the music. Check the cd's. He just plays guitar on stage. And I have nothing against him at all.

Yeah, sorry, I admit that was a crappy example. But he does add, as it happens. He doesn't write because he's not actually in the band, but he helps make the stage performance you see as brilliant as it is.

Imagine this;

An orchestra. I know you probably don't like classical music, and I don't much either, but it's a good example;
Let's say we have two violins, one cello, two flutes and two violas. It sounds good. But if you add in another, say, 5 violins, 5 violas (I'm guessing from the various orchestra performances I have seen) 5 more flutes, a harp and a couple more cellos.

It sounds A WHOLE LOT BETTER.

Obviously, they can't add in 3 more drummers, a couple more bass players and a pianist. A rock band traditionally... just can't have that many members.

THREE ISN'T A SACRED NUMBER OR ANYTHING. There is no law, written or un-written, that sayhs that a band cannot be more than 3.

What's wrong with Jason being a member of the band? To my knowledge, so far on this thread, there have been no arguements apart from 'he isn't sexy enough' or 'it would be weird'.

So, tell me, I'm interested to know, and I can be swayed.

If presented with a plausible arguement.

(oh, and I'm not expecting it to be as eloquent as mine. I feel like being professional today, so don't worry. Though actual english would be good, not text-talk, s'il te plait (please))

Is your name Julia? I think it might be...ZR vaguely said something like your username and now she just says Julia...if it's not don't worry but I LIKE YOU LOTS YOU JASON SUPPORTER YOU!!! *hands badge and a party hat*

*wears badge and hat with pride* thank you. And yeah, my name is Julia.
Green~Day03
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Green~Day03
September 1st, 2005 at 02:10am
i don think Jason White should be apart of Green Day and i heard that too so hopefully its not true though
Hotel New Archaic
Idiot
Hotel New Archaic
September 1st, 2005 at 02:38am
I would like to point out that NO ONE HAS ANSWERED MY QUESTION.

Why the hell SHOULDN'T Jason be part of the band?

No one so far has given ANY reasons apart from 'he isn't hot enough' and 'it would be weird'.
Chameleon
Geek
Chameleon
September 1st, 2005 at 02:41am
It would be wicked if Jason became a member!!

i'm not fussed either way though.
"x"
Falling In Love With The Board
"x"
September 1st, 2005 at 03:00am
GreenDay_Fan17:
wtf? have you been living under a rock for your whole life and only heard of Green Day (notice the space) when some teenie went past with American Idiot blaring out of their stereo in their pink car with fluffy seats?
GoingToPasalacqua38
Geek
GoingToPasalacqua38
September 1st, 2005 at 03:09am
Growing Up (Falling Down):
GreenDay_Fan17:
wtf? have you been living under a rock for your whole life and only heard of Green Day (notice the space) when some teenie went past with American Idiot blaring out of their stereo in their pink car with fluffy seats?

WTF MAN!? lmao, but ur right
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
September 1st, 2005 at 03:28am
greendaygothgirl:
+PanhandlingMisery+:
greendaygothgirl:

It is up to NONE of you to decide if Jason becomes an official member of the band. And in reply to some person back there who said he isn't sexy enough....

Fuck that. WHO CARES WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE?! God dammit... Look. If Jason, Mike, BJ and Tre think he should be in the band... Then he should.

I would like to draw attention, if I may, to the The Living End case, whereupon the drummer of the aforementioned TLE (Trav Demsey) left. They required an entirely new drummer, which they found. Andy Strachan. Andy has not destroyed the band, nor in any way deteriorated their standards.

Jason isn't like a WHOLE NEW MEMBER of the band. He's an add-on. It's still Green Day... Just more flexible. Stronger. He adds timbre.

Thank you for reading.

No one said it was up to us, but we're allowed to express our opinion on the matter.

TLE case is different, they had to find someone to fill the position of drummer. Sorta happened with Green Day as well, remember? When a Mr. Cool came in? TLE and Green Day cases are completely different, I can't see what it has to do with anything.

How does Jason add? He doesn't write or contribute to the music. Check the cd's. He just plays guitar on stage. And I have nothing against him at all.

Yeah, sorry, I admit that was a crappy example. But he does add, as it happens. He doesn't write because he's not actually in the band, but he helps make the stage performance you see as brilliant as it is.

Imagine this;

An orchestra. I know you probably don't like classical music, and I don't much either, but it's a good example;
Let's say we have two violins, one cello, two flutes and two violas. It sounds good. But if you add in another, say, 5 violins, 5 violas (I'm guessing from the various orchestra performances I have seen) 5 more flutes, a harp and a couple more cellos.

Obviously, they can't add in 3 more drummers, a couple more bass players and a pianist. A rock band traditionally... just can't have that many members.

THREE ISN'T A SACRED NUMBER OR ANYTHING. There is no law, written or un-written, that sayhs that a band cannot be more than 3.

What's wrong with Jason being a member of the band? To my knowledge, so far on this thread, there have been no arguements apart from 'he isn't sexy enough' or 'it would be weird'.

(oh, and I'm not expecting it to be as eloquent as mine. I feel like being professional today, so don't worry. Though actual english would be good, not text-talk, s'il te plait (please))

I agree that they do sound better with Jason and co on stage.

Never said there had to be three people in a band.

There is nothing wrong with Jason being in the band, I just personally don't believe he would fit in with the whole Green Day thing, not after all these years. I'm not trying to sway you, I don't need a plausible argument, I can think what I want. And I think Jason's a better player then Billie Joe, but he's got his own band to be lead guitarist in.

The way you say "actual english ... not text talk" is almost as if your implying I was typing with numbers.
Hotel New Archaic
Idiot
Hotel New Archaic
September 1st, 2005 at 03:31am
+PanhandlingMisery+:
greendaygothgirl:
+PanhandlingMisery+:
greendaygothgirl:

Thank you for reading.

Imagine this;

I agree that they do sound better with Jason and co on stage.

Never said there had to be three people in a band.

There is nothing wrong with Jason being in the band, I just personally don't believe he would fit in with the whole Green Day thing, not after all these years. I'm not trying to sway you, I don't need a plausible argument, I can think what I want. And I think Jason's a better player then Billie Joe, but he's got his own band to be lead guitarist in.

The way you say "actual english ... not text talk" is almost as if your implying I was typing with numbers.

I wasn't talking ONLY to you. But most people on here are saying stuff like 'i dont tink jason shud b in greenday'. That's all. And I'd like to thank you for the debate, it's been a while. Mm.. What do you mean by the 'whole Green Day thing'?
I Am She
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
I Am She
September 1st, 2005 at 03:40am
ooh a bitch fight! woot woot! GO GREENDAYGOTHGIRL!hehe lol. i think jason should be in the band, cuz he plays but he douesnt get ne credit...really. although all the gd fans know of him, so thats all that really matters. hes a wickd guitarist tho...
Hotel New Archaic
Idiot
Hotel New Archaic
September 1st, 2005 at 03:42am
LondonCalling:
ooh a bitch fight! woot woot! GO GREENDAYGOTHGIRL!hehe lol. i think jason should be in the band, cuz he plays but he douesnt get ne credit...really. although all the gd fans know of him, so thats all that really matters. hes a wickd guitarist tho...

thank you, thank you. *bows* I love you too. And yeah, I agree.
Register