Legal sex age

AuthorMessage
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 22nd, 2005 at 02:47pm
Not to criticize, GDIB, but...nobody's talked about abortion here for oh, a good month now...
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
November 22nd, 2005 at 04:37pm
i think that the age should be 18 for both homosexual couples and hetrosexual couples because a girl can look 16 but not actually be 16 and the guy could get into serious trouble. also a girl can be ready for sex phisicaly at 16 but not emotionally be ready, and the same goes for homosexul sex.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
November 22nd, 2005 at 05:17pm
It's 16 over here and I think it's fine...
spam
Jackass
spam
November 23rd, 2005 at 12:20pm
i duno what it is here. meh i dont care.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 23rd, 2005 at 12:56pm
I think its fine as it is, because there has to be a cut off point and 16 seems about right. Homosexual couples should have the same legal age as heterosexual people though. Surely the whole point of having it is so that a couple are mature and emotionally ready?.
It defeats the object by not giving homosexuals the same rights, because they are just as mentally capable as everyone else.
spam
Jackass
spam
November 23rd, 2005 at 02:03pm
does anyone even care about the 'legal' age everyone fucks when ever they want.
Snow White
Geek
Snow White
November 23rd, 2005 at 02:53pm
*stoner*:

You've got a point there. It's not like the government can actually check. Confused

Anyway, here it's 16 if both partners are below 18, and 18 if one of them's an adult. So you can't have sex if you're 17 and your boyfriend's 19. I think that's fine really.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 23rd, 2005 at 04:00pm
*stoner*:

I care...the fact that i'm below the legal is my only excuse for not getting the shit kicked out of me at school for being a virgin. Does that make sense? Very Happy
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 24th, 2005 at 02:43pm
bloodraine:
*stoner*:

I care...the fact that i'm below the legal is my only excuse for not getting the shit kicked out of me at school for being a virgin. Does that make sense? Very Happy
VIRGINS OF THE WORLD UNITE!

seriously, I am INPSIRED to ACTION everytime I see "American Pie" and hear that friggin' speech.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 24th, 2005 at 02:47pm
I've never seen that film, so i'll just assume thats sarcasm and that i'm being laughed at. Oh well Cool
Faith
Addict
Faith
November 24th, 2005 at 05:17pm
bloodraine:
*stoner*:

Hmm...interesting point.
I think it's kinda fucked up though that anyone would make fun of someone who is a virgin. That's more like something to be proud of than be ashamed. I suppose it all depends on the location and the social opinion there.
I know it's not exactly the same thing, but would people make fun of someone who never tried alcohol? And would that person have to justify it by the fact that they're under age? And would it make a difference in the social attitude to the fact they never drank? Of course, sex is not alcohol, but still. I simply don't think virginity is a downfall.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 25th, 2005 at 09:45am
Well i cant speak for the majority, but yes, i do get a lot of stick because i choose not to drink alcohol. However, i can justify it by saying i'm underage and by the time i am old enough hopefully the people who i spend time with will be a little more mature about it.

But i suppose that in an environment such as High School there is a lot of pressure on people to do these things and for those who choose not to give in the law offers some 'protection'. Which is why i'm strongly for having a legal sex age, even if many choose to disobey it.
*_dragonfly_*
Geek
*_dragonfly_*
November 25th, 2005 at 03:24pm
I say 16 is a good age

A friend of mine is 13 and having sex...a lot Shocked
And she was such a sweet little girl before
almost a nerd even....
she's way too young I think and
I've told her how I think about it.

But in the end its her life I guess
the17th-minority
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
the17th-minority
November 26th, 2005 at 02:17pm
I guess it is her choice, but you should still get her some sort of help. There has to be something that is triggering this 'sexual disire' she is having.

There should be a legal sex age. I totally agree, but alot of people do just 'fuck' whenever they wanna.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
November 26th, 2005 at 02:22pm
Faith:
bloodraine:
*stoner*:

Hmm...interesting point.
I think it's kinda fucked up though that anyone would make fun of someone who is a virgin. That's more like something to be proud of than be ashamed. I suppose it all depends on the location and the social opinion there.
I know it's not exactly the same thing, but would people make fun of someone who never tried alcohol? And would that person have to justify it by the fact that they're under age? And would it make a difference in the social attitude to the fact they never drank? Of course, sex is not alcohol, but still. I simply don't think virginity is a downfall.

Hmmmmm, where I live...if someone said they don't drink alcohol...I'd be surprised ...and shocked..but I wouldn't bully them or anything.
Faith
Addict
Faith
November 26th, 2005 at 06:04pm
*Blue Star*:
Faith:
bloodraine:
*stoner*:

Hmm...interesting point.

Hmmmmm, where I live...if someone said they don't drink alcohol...I'd be surprised ...and shocked..but I wouldn't bully them or anything.

I'm not sure it's such a good comparison...I just mean it's a choice when to start drinking or having sex. You can't laugh at someone or bully them because their choice is different from yours, when both choices don't really affect anyone but the one who makes it.
Mike's Demonic Daunter
Falling In Love With The Board
Mike's Demonic Daunter
November 26th, 2005 at 09:35pm
its supposed to prevent rape and whatever, but im pretty sure you would be able to tell whether its rape or not even with out a sex age. its not really right to be keeping kids from... 'exploring' but i dont want to walk in on some little kids getting it on.
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
December 1st, 2005 at 06:31am
her eit's 16 too...(i 'm from Estonia, northern europe)...or 18...dno...i don't know about gay doing's n being's but u can only get married at 16 when ur parents agree on it, which sucks lol. ... as for gettin pregant, i think it's 18...dno...
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
February 1st, 2006 at 01:24pm
Like my friend Sandra said, no one can control it if you're 12 and having sex at your home so I don't think those rules can actually stop you from having sex underage.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
February 1st, 2006 at 01:48pm
The rules don't exactly do any harm though. So I don't think it matters much..

Some people abide by them, some don't.
Register