AuthorMessage
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
May 8th, 2006 at 07:02am
DistortedMorality:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
DistortedMorality:
Nothing that the media says is dangerous is as dangerous as it actually is.

Fear is the easiest form of control, especially when dealing with an ignorant sheeple populace.

So all the rape victims, abducted children, muder victims, people who have their identity robed, thats not dangerous? Your a brave person then.

Is that what the discussion is about? Whether or not it is dangerous? No.
No it isn't.
Do you have consistent trouble determinging this sort of thing?

Of course its dangerous. Its just not as dangerous as society portrays it, not EVERYONE on the internet is trying to kill you. That's what we're debating. Not "Is it dangerous?" but "Is it as dangerous as society says it is?"

Yeah, but in that it says "Is it dangerous?". I think we can also discuss that. She was only stating her opinion, as she is allowed to do.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
May 8th, 2006 at 10:47am
5 days:
DistortedMorality:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
DistortedMorality:

Fear is the easiest form of control, especially when dealing with an ignorant sheeple populace.

So all the rape victims, abducted children, muder victims, people who have their identity robed, thats not dangerous? Your a brave person then.

No it isn't.

Of course its dangerous. Its just not as dangerous as society portrays it, not EVERYONE on the internet is trying to kill you. That's what we're debating. Not "Is it dangerous?" but "Is it as dangerous as society says it is?"

Yeah, but in that it says "Is it dangerous?". I think we can also discuss that. She was only stating her opinion, as she is allowed to do.

i dont think its has dangerous as people will lead you to believe, has long has your cearful and you have some common sense. i cant see why people cant form internet relationships, it is only dangerous when you give them you home address and phone number (like a friend of mine did after only 2 weeks of talking to this girl who turned out to be a man) and if your going to meet these people at least take a few friends with you for the first few times, and always tell people where you are and what time your going to be back.

i have been talking to a guy for a few years now and i am only just getting to meet him now, i just hope he's has nice face to face has he is over the net.
Eliana Rampage
Jackass
Eliana Rampage
May 8th, 2006 at 11:13am
I think it's funny everyone is beating up on MySpace.
May seem sadistic on your part, but honestly? These kids shouldn't be posting explicit pictures of themselves which seduce the damn predators anyways.

I think people for the mostpart make a mountain out of a molehill concerning online things. I actually do have a relative who tried meeting a guy who was...20 years older than her, and I do acknowledge things such as that. But you need to see that these kids who are being kidnapped aren't completely innocent.
Seeing a kid would actually go out of their way to meet at a HOTEL room, alone? That seems pretty immature to me. If I was going to meet a person online, it would be in a public place.
And you know what? I've accidentaly met people online before. I remember at the Green Day concert, the girl in front of me looked vaguely familiar, and it turned out I knew her from GSB. Pedophile? I think not.
Of course you need to take in account that kids -did- get raped, but if you keep your personal info to yourself, I don't see that high of a threat.
Babi Kid Rachy
Babi Kid Rachy
May 8th, 2006 at 12:10pm
I have talked to people online. and i only make friends
with people i trust. Mostly off GSB.

Chat rooms is what is causing the problem,
i've heard some people want children banned from chatrooms for there own sake.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
May 8th, 2006 at 12:51pm
Hmm .. I think Chat Rooms can be dangerous Confused .. if you are a naiv person, hell yes ..

But you can meet such nice people on internet Very Happy .. Like one girl, she got me concert tickets from ebay, because I weren't allowed to use ebay, then we met on a concert, I gave her the money and she was really nice and stuff ^^

^^I dunno if that belongs here xD, but yeah .. there are also nice peeps =D
Resistance
Geek
Resistance
May 8th, 2006 at 03:11pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
DistortedMorality:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
DistortedMorality:

No it isn't.

I know what we are debating, that plays a key role in this discussion. Your saying that all the things stated before are not as dangerour as the media claims? Rape seems pretty dangerous to me, so does murder, child abduction? Yeah, I take those all seriously, becuase they are dangerous, as the media has said.

I'm saying the chance of them happening is much less than the media portrays. The mentality they are expressing is "eVery1 0n t3h INt4rw3B w1lL r4pp3 uZzZ!!!111!" Which isn't true. I don't plan on going out and raping someone I met over the internet, and I'm sure you don't either.
It Had to Be You.
It Had to Be You.
May 8th, 2006 at 03:13pm
DistortedMorality:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
DistortedMorality:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
DistortedMorality:

No it isn't.

I know what we are debating, that plays a key role in this discussion. Your saying that all the things stated before are not as dangerour as the media claims? Rape seems pretty dangerous to me, so does murder, child abduction? Yeah, I take those all seriously, becuase they are dangerous, as the media has said.

I'm saying the chance of them happening is much less than the media portrays. The mentality they are expressing is "eVery1 0n t3h INt4rw3B w1lL r4pp3 uZzZ!!!111!" Which isn't true. I don't plan on going out and raping someone I met over the internet, and I'm sure you don't either.
Clap Well said.
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
May 8th, 2006 at 04:15pm
DistortedMorality:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
DistortedMorality:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
DistortedMorality:

No it isn't.

I don't? Sad
Eliana Rampage
Jackass
Eliana Rampage
May 8th, 2006 at 04:34pm
DistortedMorality:

*Coughs convulsively*

XD

I sense hypocrisy...[/is hit] Okay I'll shut up. Mikey's right. I mean, I hate sex, I'd never rape anyone o_O Unless I was drugged that is...

...Oh forget it. XD
Resistance
Geek
Resistance
May 8th, 2006 at 05:39pm
XxBillieOwnsXx:
DistortedMorality:

*Coughs convulsively*

XD

I sense hypocrisy...[/is hit] D

>.<
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 21st, 2006 at 03:59am
I think if you're cautious, smart, and use common sense it's not dangerous. If you want to do something like meet up with someone on the internet you have to be smart, just like if you give them your phone number.

Intelligence is what will help keep you safe in this situation.
Bunny Rabbit [fromxhell]
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Bunny Rabbit [fromxhell]
May 21st, 2006 at 05:22am
As long as you don't give out your address, phone number, last name, stuff like that, I think it's ok. I let people know my name and what country/state I live in. So far no crazy axe-murderer has come up to my door. Smile
blood
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
blood
May 21st, 2006 at 01:33pm
Someone I met on INO, I hadn't been talking to for 3 days, and they gave me their number, and a few days later, their address. I thought that was pretty stuid...But It was proberly better me then some others because I know I'm not gonna go murder them or something.

But generally its not THAT dangerous...I dont think. Its just people like her who go giving out details like that who ought to worry
Miss Katy
Jackass
Miss Katy
May 22nd, 2006 at 03:23am
I think chatrooms can be quite dangerous.

But I speak online to people all the time on various forums and on MySpace, some people I know and some I don't.

But I have managed to meet up with two people I have spoken to on forums and I'm so glad I did because they are two of my best friends.
Babi Kid Rachy
Babi Kid Rachy
May 28th, 2006 at 06:35am
You just have to be careful what you are doing on the internet, and listen to your parents when they tell you the dangers of being on the internet.
Chat rooms on the other hand...i still don't get how older men can chat up 12 year olds, what is the point?
Older men get sent to jail for perving over young childen, i still don't know WHY people still do it...its sick and chat rooms should be banned, well children shouldnt really be going on them...

This means older men are sick to perv on young children, and children should know to be safe, and ask their parents to go with them to make sure these people arent perverts.
Letterbombed
Falling In Love With The Board
Letterbombed
May 28th, 2006 at 07:47am
tough call... i really never know these days because its just too hard to tell... i mean, you hear all the internet rape people, and you think, it wont happen to me, but its so easy to happen... and its just hard to figure out how you can fight it, and the best way is to not get too atatched to people online
Addison Montgomery.
Addison Montgomery.

Mibba Blog
May 28th, 2006 at 10:58am
I will never get hurt because I am anti-social and never go out.lol
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
May 28th, 2006 at 11:57am
If you are an intelligent person it is not dangerous. Bad things happen to the morons. =/
Addison Montgomery.
Addison Montgomery.

Mibba Blog
May 28th, 2006 at 12:02pm
*PanicOfBeliever*
'Tis pretty true it is very true
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
May 28th, 2006 at 12:05pm
Ahh, I dunno. I met up with Lisa and everything was fine.
Register