*THE_TEENIES_ATTACK!*
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
*THE_TEENIES_ATTACK!*
July 4th, 2006 at 04:27pm
Kitti:
*THE_TEENIES_ATTACK!*:
Bloodraine:
*THE_TEENIES_ATTACK!*:
if your smart its safe, besides, school is more dangerous! espeacailly with kids getting beat up and shooting and bomb threats

Can you stop posting stuff in every thread, one well formulated argument is better than about 6 little ones.
thats the whole point of this board!! to post
The point of this board is to post constructively. I've warned you already.
If you can't stay on topic, if you can't post relevantly, then you CAN be banned for spamming. I suggest you read the board rules and the SD rules.
This board is for discussion, not for raising your post count.
then whats the point of having one?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
July 4th, 2006 at 04:35pm
*THE_TEENIES_ATTACK!*:
Kitti:
*THE_TEENIES_ATTACK!*:
Bloodraine:
*THE_TEENIES_ATTACK!*:
if your smart its safe, besides, school is more dangerous! espeacailly with kids getting beat up and shooting and bomb threats

Can you stop posting stuff in every thread, one well formulated argument is better than about 6 little ones.
thats the whole point of this board!! to post
The point of this board is to post constructively. I've warned you already.
If you can't stay on topic, if you can't post relevantly, then you CAN be banned for spamming. I suggest you read the board rules and the SD rules.
This board is for discussion, not for raising your post count.
then whats the point of having one?

Post count or board?.
Board, well here we discuss things. You have to be quite detailed, coherant and a dash of intelligence helps here.
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
July 6th, 2006 at 12:10pm
I have no doubt that it's still dangerous, but then again, anything can be dangerous. Pencils can be dangerous. But I think the internet is also not AS dangerous as everyone seems to think it is.
mikey1000
Idiot
mikey1000
July 7th, 2006 at 09:04am
''Talking online'' isn't all that dangerous. The thing is if people want to find you they don't have to talk to you in order to do it. And i don't think anybody gives credit card info over the net to a person they talked for 10 minutes about the weather.
And about the meeting you should only meet someone if you talked for a good while. I actually met my last gf like this...no biggie.
child-heart loser
Geek
child-heart loser
July 7th, 2006 at 09:00pm
I think the media makes internet communication seem more dangerous than it actually is.
It all depends on the popularity of the websites you visit, and how much personal information you give out.
If some ten year old girl worries about meeting an old fat guy online everytime she logs on to a certain website, she should be careful about what she does there.
So, it's pretty simple. Don't talk to old fat guys on the internet, unless they look like a person you can trust.
(By the way, I'm sorry if my post offended any old fat guys. I needed to use an example.)
Homosexual Spencer
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Homosexual Spencer

Mibba
July 8th, 2006 at 05:32pm
I hate my school computers I mean we're old enough to know not to go on a website and talk to someone and meet them in real life I mean there is always a teacher in the room anyway, the computers at the library gives us more freedom I remember I was with my former friend in the library on the internet and she put Charmed into Google (we can't even go on Google in school) and when she clicked on a page with pictures of the women charachters they where all naked she panicked as well saying about what if the library can check the back history of websites you've been on and how if they tell her mum she would be in trouble even though that wasn't even what she was looking for so there is no freedom on the internet in schools but too much in librarys.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
July 9th, 2006 at 06:35am
EvilChicken:
I hate my school computers I mean we're old enough to know not to go on a website and talk to someone and meet them in real life I mean there is always a teacher in the room anyway, the computers at the library gives us more freedom I remember I was with my former friend in the library on the internet and she put Charmed into Google (we can't even go on Google in school) and when she clicked on a page with pictures of the women charachters they where all naked she panicked as well saying about what if the library can check the back history of websites you've been on and how if they tell her mum she would be in trouble even though that wasn't even what she was looking for so there is no freedom on the internet in schools but too much in librarys.

Nahh. The reason school computers block certain sites is because you have to use school computers for school. So its not as much because its innapropriate, but because you should go on those sites at home, not at school.
Music to my ears
Idiot
Music to my ears
July 19th, 2006 at 09:43am
it can get dangerous if you let it but i think that the media tend to blow it out of proportion i mean as if you want your mum right next to you watching your every move while your on the net!!!!!!!
asthenia.
Falling In Love With The Board
asthenia.

Blog
July 20th, 2006 at 01:49am
the media makes it all seem a lot worse than it really is. parents don't really know either because when they were growing up there was no internet. as long as you know what's out there, give out all your personal info, or talk to weird people you've never met, you're fine.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
July 20th, 2006 at 11:15am
katie's not grey:
the media makes it all seem a lot worse than it really is. parents don't really know either because when they were growing up there was no internet. as long as you know what's out there, give out all your personal info, or talk to weird people you've never met, you're fine.

your posting a on a site talking to *wierd* people you've never met Wink
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
July 20th, 2006 at 07:22pm
The media blows things out of proportion, definately, but there are some really vicious people out there that we need to be careful of.

As far as I know, just don't post any addresses or phone numbers online, and don't meet anyone you met online alone.

It's common sense, really.
asthenia.
asthenia.

Blog
July 20th, 2006 at 08:07pm
Viva La Stupid:
katie's not grey:

your posting a on a site talking to *wierd* people you've never met Wink

i meant like going to meet people you've don't know. sorry i wasn't really clear on that. Laughing
December Cynic
Geek
December Cynic

Mibba Blog
July 27th, 2006 at 06:35pm
I think the 'adults' over-exaggerate Rolling Eyes
lemonjelly
Idiot
lemonjelly
July 27th, 2006 at 07:03pm
i dont think its dangerous, it depends on how much information you tell people. i think its alot of peoples own fault for getting like raped and stuff because theyre the ones that decide to meet ppl off of the internet
Forever
Addict
Forever
July 28th, 2006 at 12:30am
I think this has actually began to get a little weird. I mean, I know parents and adults are worried about our safety and just want us to be safe, but sometimes I feel like everyone on the internet is trying to be safe against other people who are trying to be safe too. So..like..we're protecting ourselves against nothing, basically. See what I mean?

But one in the few may be a jacker person or whatever.
k-contentbarrier-
Addict
k-contentbarrier-
July 28th, 2006 at 01:26am
eh, not really.
razzledgirl
Jackass
razzledgirl

Mibba
July 28th, 2006 at 04:43am
it can be if you arn't careful but today people can be smarter than that, so its ok with certain people
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
August 2nd, 2006 at 09:41am
if you dont agree to meet anyone for real, and have your firewall on to keep out hackers, and dont give out your personal details, your pretty much safe. keep your internet friends on the internet, and your fine.
SkittyOhGadz
Banned
SkittyOhGadz

Mibba
August 3rd, 2006 at 11:36pm
It depends on the type of site you go to.
GSB is pretty safe, as the majority of the users are teenagers/young adults, and there are admins watching out for any disruptive behavior.
I think that the sites you need to watch out for are chatrooms, filled with pedophiles etc. That stuff can be very dangerous, and I speak from experience.
Basically if you watch out the sites you're visiting you're safe.
derpina
derpina

Mibba Blog
August 5th, 2006 at 07:12pm
i think if you dont give out too much personal info you should be safe. i never chat, so i dont have this problem
Register