Do you think talking online is as dangerous as people think

AuthorMessage
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
May 28th, 2006 at 12:09pm
I have met 2 people I have spoken to online before. I however know what is safe and what is not. I wouldnt even consider meeting someone I had not seen on webcam for example, and always meet in a safe place.

Duh.
whoa
King For A Couple Of Days
whoa
May 28th, 2006 at 01:35pm
If you've got common sense, you are okay. If you don't, you are screwed.
I.Heart.Panic.
I.Heart.Panic.
May 31st, 2006 at 05:20pm
At the end of the day, if you're going to meet up with someone you met online, meet up with them in a crowded place. Take it slow. If someone asks you to meet them in an alley at midnight and bring your teddy bear, it's your own fault if you go.
The.Crazed.Spork
Jackass
The.Crazed.Spork
June 1st, 2006 at 03:34pm
Waiting <3:
At the end of the day, if you're going to meet up with someone you met online, meet up with them in a crowded place. Take it slow. If someone asks you to meet them in an alley at midnight and bring your teddy bear, it's your own fault if you go.

just what I was gonna say Very Happy
Smile, you're dead!
Jackass
Smile, you're dead!
June 1st, 2006 at 03:57pm
Talking in general is dangerous.
Good God, life is dangerous!

As long as you've got somewhat brains, you'll be alright - in whatever you do.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
June 13th, 2006 at 06:34pm
it depends on the site like myspace is full of stalkers but if your not giveing your address, phone number, school, etc. its fine
Ben thwarted
Geek
Ben thwarted
June 15th, 2006 at 05:20am
I think that so long as your smart enough not to go blurting out your password, your address, your telephone number to anyone that asks, then you should be fine.

There are warnings pasted all over the internet anyway, saying 'Remember! Don't give out your email address!'

And besides, no one says you have to meet anyone in person that you meet online. If you want to take that risk, it's your decision. Smile

My friend met this guy online at first, and then met him because she thought he seemed genuine. It turns out she's a good judge of character, because they're going out now. Smile
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 15th, 2006 at 11:06am
Do you guys think that the only way for someone to get your password and Address is by you telling them? Please, with IP codes and ISP infomation, they can get all kinds of things without you saying one word to them.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 15th, 2006 at 11:08am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Do you guys think that the only way for someone to get your password and Address is by you telling them? Please, with IP codes and ISP infomation, they can get all kinds of things without you saying one word to them.

yes your rght, anyone could find your password if they wanted, also if you tell soem one your address and your name they could find you
i_luff_mike_dirnt
Geek
i_luff_mike_dirnt
June 15th, 2006 at 11:14am
not really, but then again, it all depends on what site you're talking to people on.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 15th, 2006 at 11:27am
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

yes your rght, anyone could find your password if they wanted, also if you tell soem one your address and your name they could find you
with tecnology today. it's scary what all you can do. IP codes can tell people what country you're in (if they want to take the time to look all that up) and I don't know what else they can do. When you're posting on a message board, you IP code is available to site Admin for banning purposes. I don't even know how someone could get your ISP information, but I'm sure there is a way.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 15th, 2006 at 11:28am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

with tecnology today. it's scary what all you can do. IP codes can tell people what country you're in (if they want to take the time to look all that up) and I don't know what else they can do. When you're posting on a message board, you IP code is available to site Admin for banning purposes. I don't even know how someone could get your ISP information, but I'm sure there is a way.

it is difficult but it can be done, not even e mails are 100% safe
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
June 25th, 2006 at 02:48pm
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

it is difficult but it can be done, not even e mails are 100% safe

nothing's safe anymore.
~tre's_lost_nut~
~tre's_lost_nut~
June 25th, 2006 at 06:58pm
i think anyone who is dumb enough to meet someone from the internet on their own without telling anyone about it probably deserves whatever happens to them.

obviously no one deserves some of the stuff that is done to those poor girls, but for fucks sake use some common sense....
*THE_TEENIES_ATTACK!*
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
*THE_TEENIES_ATTACK!*
July 4th, 2006 at 11:57am
if your smart its safe, besides, school is more dangerous! espeacailly with kids getting beat up and shooting and bomb threats
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
July 4th, 2006 at 11:58am
*THE_TEENIES_ATTACK!*:
if your smart its safe, besides, school is more dangerous! espeacailly with kids getting beat up and shooting and bomb threats

Can you stop posting stuff in every thread, one well formulated argument is better than about 6 little ones.
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
July 4th, 2006 at 03:34pm
*THE_TEENIES_ATTACK!*:

Most everything is dangerous my dear.
Whether you're smart or not.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
July 4th, 2006 at 03:53pm
I think it is,but you have to know how to take care of yourself
*THE_TEENIES_ATTACK!*
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
*THE_TEENIES_ATTACK!*
July 4th, 2006 at 03:55pm
Bloodraine:
*THE_TEENIES_ATTACK!*:

Can you stop posting stuff in every thread, one well formulated argument is better than about 6 little ones.
thats the whole point of this board!! to post
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
July 4th, 2006 at 04:12pm
*THE_TEENIES_ATTACK!*:
Bloodraine:
*THE_TEENIES_ATTACK!*:

thats the whole point of this board!! to post
The point of this board is to post constructively. I've warned you already.
If you can't stay on topic, if you can't post relevantly, then you CAN be banned for spamming. I suggest you read the board rules and the SD rules.
This board is for discussion, not for raising your post count.
Register