Same sex marriages!

AuthorMessage
Deadboy
Geek
Deadboy

Mibba Blog
December 10th, 2006 at 02:49am
i dont care about same sex marriges.
as long as they're happy, why the fuck not?
Forever~Fallen
Geek
Forever~Fallen
December 13th, 2006 at 06:11am
Alright, before Nick's head explodes and he kills someone, I'll try explaining this... I'll even you emoticons and pretty colors to keep peoples interest ~~

Alright, so check this out:

Marriage is... a RELIGIOUS tradition. Now, in case that confuses people, I'll elaborate, this means that it originated as something the church did. This religion considers homosexuality a Sin. This is where the conflict begins.
So, now, in modern times, marriage is important to culture. You recieve government benifits for being married. ZOMG WTF NO WAY.Horor Now, lets put two and two together. Marriage is a religious practce, and you get government benifits for it, which means you recieve government benifits for practicing a certain religion. omgno
This, for the purpose of the US, is unconstitutional. Seperation of Church and state should make this illegal, but it's not, and honestly, I don't see it ever changing, ever. Cheese

Now, this also brings up the issue "but atheist straight people and agnostic people can get married." This is another reason why its unfair. They support the morals of the Church, in this case, so they are allowed to be married. Lame.

Now, gay People can have civil partnerships, but they are not the equivilant of marriage. Civil unions, as of now, are not a federal issue in the case of the United States, it's a state government issue, and the state government decides which benifits they give. this means if a Gay couple had a civil Union, and wanted to move to a differnet state, their partnership is no longer valid, as if they were a straight married couple, it would be. This also means that Gay People could never recieve federal marriage benifits, such as being able to file joint income taxes. The two are not equal.

Now, if you want gay marriage to be legalized because you want equality for all, you are a crazy brainwashed liberal (no offence meg, not all liberals are crazy Psycho ) By making it legal, you are degrading religious morals, and people who practice that religion. By keeping it illegal, you are discriminating againt gay people. Rope

My solution:

Eliminate marriage from all government related things. You should recieve no federal benifits because you practice a religion, and your sexuality shouldn't give you the right to tramp all over church morals either. Wouldn't it be better to change civil partnerships, make it a national policy, and have everyone be treated equally? I think so.

Now, I think Americans are a bunch of stubborn bastards, and we will never do away with marriage. Maybe it can work somewhere else, but Im not idealistic enough to think it will ever work here, at least anytime soon.

kids these days...don't understand politics unless "ooooo! pretty colors!!!!"

....that blew my mind (tho I'll admit I wouldn't of read if it weren't for all the prettyful colors Very Happy) except, what if a gay couple are religious and want to be married in God's church?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 13th, 2006 at 11:32am
Forever~Fallen:

....that blew my mind (tho I'll admit I wouldn't of read if it weren't for all the prettyful colors Very Happy) except, what if a gay couple are religious and want to be married in God's church?

They'll just have to accept that if the church will not bless their marriage, then they must find another way. Dno
To my mind, I do not believe in the God of Theology who rewards good and punishes Evil. I don't believe that man would be created to lie with another man and then be punished for it.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
December 13th, 2006 at 03:02pm
Bloodraine:

They'll just have to accept that if the church will not bless their marriage, then they must find another way. Dno
To my mind, I do not believe in the God of Theology who rewards good and punishes Evil. I don't believe that man would be created to lie with another man and then be punished for it.
Exactly.
Peter Petrelli
King For A Couple Of Days
Peter Petrelli
December 13th, 2006 at 03:09pm
Joan of Arc of Suburbia:
Hmm...I got a solution that could make everyone happy and totally constitutional. Cheese

Make all 'marriages' that are not within a church to be called civil unions. Including those in a like...registery office and therefore same sex ones (since they would be performed in a registery office).

Then, change the law to make the benefits and crap for CIVIL PARTNERS, not just married people.

Chaa. Therefore (I hope o_o;;Wink we will all be fairly happy and not breaking the constitution.

(Also pardon the crappy spelling and stuff)

That makes sense... I agree with all your points.

I hate to say that the pretty colours helped. I actually took the time to read it all. Shifty
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
December 13th, 2006 at 03:20pm
Ginger Nuts:
Joan of Arc of Suburbia:
Hmm...I got a solution that could make everyone happy and totally constitutional. Cheese

Make all 'marriages' that are not within a church to be called civil unions. Including those in a like...registery office and therefore same sex ones (since they would be performed in a registery office).

Then, change the law to make the benefits and crap for CIVIL PARTNERS, not just married people.

Chaa. Therefore (I hope o_o;;Wink we will all be fairly happy and not breaking the constitution.

(Also pardon the crappy spelling and stuff)

That makes sense... I agree with all your points.

I hate to say that the pretty colours helped. I actually took the time to read it all. Shifty
Thanks about the support!

Oh and yeah I stole Courntey's idea Shifty it worked so...
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
December 13th, 2006 at 07:39pm
holy shit, pretty colors just saved the world

you all are so American
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
December 13th, 2006 at 07:47pm
Oh my god, this pretty colours thing has happened again.

I'm clapping my hands together in glee.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
December 13th, 2006 at 07:52pm
I'm dead ashamed
You know, America would be better if we took out the Americans and added the English and Canadian and send all of the Americans to Africa...then the Africans can inhabit Canada and England and America will be intelligent, have good people, and the Africans won't get shitty lives they don't deserve (it goes to the Americans who DO deserve it)

and my parents say I'm too liberal
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
December 13th, 2006 at 08:00pm
I actually think that Australians are really smart.. well, like apart from the racist ones. So can we come too? Very Happy

But as for married people getting benifits.. Over here there is a thing called Centerlink. It basically gives out the dole, youth allowance, whatever. you want it, you have to apply there. You also have to keep centerlink informed of your circumstances, such as your income, your marital status, say you have a house that you rent out, you have to tell them about that as well. And I think that marital status just means who contributes to the income. So if you're like my uncle, who is gay and lives with a man, you have to put that down.

And I think something about the benefits you recieve depend on your circumstance.. so if you don't keep them updated, you get charged.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 13th, 2006 at 09:22pm
STOP STEALING MY PRETTY COLOR IDEA! Finger
manipulate the minds of the youth your own way.

We're off topic Shifty Lets get back on..

So... gay marriage... it's a popular issue now.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
December 13th, 2006 at 11:02pm
I don't agree with it. Marriage should be between a man and a woman.

I was watching some show, I don't remember what it was. It might have been Steve Colbert or Glenn Beck, but anyway the person said if your parts match you can be married and have sex. It was funny. And it makes sense to me.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
December 14th, 2006 at 12:41am
As Seen On TV:

I was watching some show, I don't remember what it was. It might have been Steve Colbert or Glenn Beck, but anyway the person said if your parts match you can be married and have sex. It was funny. And it makes sense to me.
You just like made no sense.
First you say "I don't agree with it. Marriage should be between a man and a woman.
and then you say "but anyway the person said if your parts match you can be married and have sex. It was funny. And it makes sense to me.
You dont agree with same sex marriage but you agree with....jokes on same sex marriage? Dno
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
December 14th, 2006 at 07:11pm
Sheepo@_@:
As Seen On TV:

First you say "I don't agree with it. Marriage should be between a man and a woman.
and then you say "but anyway the person said if your parts match you can be married and have sex. It was funny. And it makes sense to me.
You dont agree with same sex marriage but you agree with....jokes on same sex marriage? Dno
and no one here uses left-wing political jokes to support their issue
at least Stephen Colbert (and Jon Stewart) is funny
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
December 16th, 2006 at 02:22pm
spill_no_sick:
Sheepo@_@:
As Seen On TV:

Sheepo: "If your parts match" would mean that, if you have a tab and the one you love has a slot, your parts match. So As Seen is saying that the joke was funny (I agree) and was amenable to its decision.

As Seen: Uh, how 'bout we get into some "discussion" as we call it in the biz? You don't agree with same-sex marriage, "marriage should be between a man and a woman" you say. Here's the thing: Why? Defend your position. Now we know what it is, but why do you feel that way?
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
December 16th, 2006 at 11:36pm
dirtyhippie:
spill_no_sick:
Sheepo@_@:
As Seen On TV:

Sheepo: "If your parts match" would mean that, if you have a tab and the one you love has a slot, your parts match. So As Seen is saying that the joke was funny (I agree) and was amenable to its decision.

As Seen: Uh, how 'bout we get into some "discussion" as we call it in the biz? You don't agree with same-sex marriage, "marriage should be between a man and a woman" you say. Here's the thing: Why? Defend your position. Now we know what it is, but why do you feel that way?

I get it now XD Ive never seen what she was talking about there for I didnt undstand waht she was talking about. Think Although it would have been better[more understandable to me] if 'they' said "If your parts fit"......or something of that nature.
[LuLu]
Geek
[LuLu]
December 16th, 2006 at 11:39pm
I personally think it is horrible who discriminate homosexuals! They are all homophobic and I feel horrible. It doesn't affect anyone, how would you feel if someone would let you marry and love who you love?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 17th, 2006 at 05:23am
XLoveXLikeXWinterX:
I personally think it is horrible who discriminate homosexuals! They are all homophobic and I feel horrible. It doesn't affect anyone, how would you feel if someone would let you marry and love who you love?

How would you feel if the government forced you to change the rules of your religion, though? Think
I love CHURTLES!!
Geek
I love CHURTLES!!
January 3rd, 2007 at 09:31pm
They don't bother me any
they don't harm anything
love is love no matter what sex your attracted to
Brendon Urie..
King For A Couple Of Days
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
January 19th, 2007 at 10:12pm
Bloodraine:
XLoveXLikeXWinterX:

How would you feel if the government forced you to change the rules of your religion, though? Think

Depends on how you look at it.
According to Christianity, we're not supposed to follow all those rules from the Old Testament anymore. Just the ten commandments. That's why we can eat bacon and don't sell our daughters.

I'm a gay Christian.

And I plan to get married in a church.
Register