January 24th, 2007 at 02:10pm
druscilla_nesser:
You're clearly not gay.

Omg! Really?!!!!1 Ah
druscilla_nesser:

We are born this way.
I was born gay.
It's part of who I am.

Yeah.. I just kind of...said that.. "I don't believe that man would be created to lie with another man and then be punished for it". But thanks for agreeing with me anyway Up
Brendon Urie..
King For A Couple Of Days
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
January 24th, 2007 at 10:35pm
To Bloodraine:

I'm sorry. I misunderstood what you said. To me it sounded like you were saying you don't believe God created homosexuals because he wouldn't punish people for being the way they were born.

It was just a mistranslation. Sorry.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
January 26th, 2007 at 04:26pm
druscilla_nesser:
I'm going to break this down. Civil unions are not equal to marriages.

Civil Unions are not recognized by the federal government, so couples would not be able to file joint-tax returns or be eligible for tax breaks or protections the government affords to married couples.

The General Accounting Office in 1997 released a list of 1,049 benefits and protections available to heterosexual married couples. These benefits range from federal benefits, such as survivor benefits through Social Security, sick leave to care for ailing partner, tax breaks, veterans benefits and insurance breaks. They also include things like family discounts, obtaining family insurance through your employer, visiting your spouse in the hospital and making medical decisions if your partner is unable to. Civil Unions protect some of these rights, but not all of them.

Yes, a lawyer can set up certain things like medical power of attorney, guardianship of children, wills, etc. But there are problems.

1. It costs thousands of dollars in legal fees. A simple marriage license, which usually costs under $100 would cover all the same rights and benefits.

2. Any of these can be challenged in court. As a matter of fact, more wills are challenged than not. In the case of wills, legal spouses always have more legal power than any other family member.
And you can bet somebody like my bitch stepmother would challenge my children being left to my dyke wife if something happened to me.

3. Marriage laws are universal. If someone’s husband or wife is injured in an accident, all you need to do is show up and say you’re his or her spouse. You will not be questioned. If you show up at the hospital with your legal paperwork, the employees may not know what to do with you. If you simply say, "He's my husband," you will immediately be taken to your spouse's side.

So, no, they are not equal.

Information found here.

I just want to say...um...I've probably flamed someone in every discussion board I've ever been to for this

YOU USED ONE SOURCE
NOT ONLY THAT, BUT IT WAS A BIASED SOURCE
REAL LIBERALS WOULDN'T HAVE AN OPINION AND THEN FIND A SOURCE TO BACK IT UP, THEY WOULD LOOK AT ALL DIFFERENT SOURCES AND FORM THEIR OPINION!

shit, I didn't use www.christianlife.com as a source did I?
and yeah, civil partnerships and marriage are different
civil partnerships - should stay under control of government
marriage - should stay under control of the Church/Temple and the government should not get involved in any way shape or form
sources, well, the law basically
that's all I need right?
there is supposed to be a separation of Church and State yet civil partnership and marriage are the same thing and that's wrong

main source (check it for yourself): da motha fuckin Constitution (bitches
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 26th, 2007 at 05:07pm
druscilla_nesser:
To Bloodraine:

I'm sorry. I misunderstood what you said. To me it sounded like you were saying you don't believe God created homosexuals because he wouldn't punish people for being the way they were born.

It was just a mistranslation. Sorry.

Thats fine, I misread everything all the time. (:
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
January 26th, 2007 at 07:21pm
spill_no_sick:
marriage - should stay under control of the Church/Temple and the government should not get involved in any way shape or form
Then, following your line of reasoning, do you believe that married people shouldn't get tax exemptions? Power of medical attorney? Etc?

Those are all legal/government things.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
January 26th, 2007 at 07:22pm
spill_no_sick:
REAL LIBERALS WOULDN'T HAVE AN OPINION AND THEN FIND A SOURCE TO BACK IT UP, THEY WOULD LOOK AT ALL DIFFERENT SOURCES AND FORM THEIR OPINION!
I already had a formed opinion.
I found a source after my opinion was formed.
Get it straight.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 26th, 2007 at 07:32pm
druscilla_nesser:
spill_no_sick:
Then, following your line of reasoning, do you believe that married people shouldn't get tax exemptions? Power of medical attorney? Etc?

I'll field this one

We are regardless of race, sexuality and creed a national in whatever country you are from. So therefore we abide by the laws of that country and we also have the rights that everyone has, including tax exemptions yadda yadda. Now some religious folk instead of just bunking off down to the local town hall because they believe in their religion also want god to witness their union.

In any wedding there is two parts.
The marriage ceremony
And then the paperwork.

Every couple whatever sex if they are joined together it is a civil partnership. However because religion is such a big part of most people lives and dates back centuries. it's become more commonly known as 'marriage'

however the term 'marriage' is a religious and seeing as the act of homosexuality goes against the teachings of the church they cannot use it in it's true meaning.
Opheliac_666
Geek
Opheliac_666
January 26th, 2007 at 10:58pm
It's about time people started accepting different loves in the world.
It's beyond me why anyone could be homophobic.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 27th, 2007 at 09:34am
It's not about being homophobic. The church accepts Homoesexuality as a life choice they just don't accept the act. Why should we have the right to change the belief structue and principles of a religion dating back a millinia, it might not be right but as you said people need to accept the different loves in the world, which includes a persons lover of god.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 27th, 2007 at 12:48pm
druscilla_nesser:
spill_no_sick:
Get it straight.

that's what I said
real liberals (aka not you) wouldn't have an opinion, and then find a source to back it up (like you did)
they would examine the facts, and using logic and reason (not emotion) would develop an intelligent opinion and work together for the common good

however, you felt something, so you decided to find what political message went along with that and used it to support your emotion
you're worse than Christians who voted for Bush because he's Christian
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 27th, 2007 at 12:51pm
druscilla_nesser:
spill_no_sick:

I know NeoSteph answered this, but I'll try to make it more brief for you
I believe that married people should not get those juicy government benefits unless they file the paperwork separate from the actual marriage

that way, homosexual couples (who shouldn't get married) can also get those juicy government benefits by filling out the paperwork

see how that works?

marriage - religious, no government benefits, abides by the Church's/Temple's rules
civil marriage - legal, fill out paperwork and the government gives you benefits and controls what goes on with that, NOTHING to do with actual marriage
charmishgirl
Geek
charmishgirl

Mibba
January 27th, 2007 at 02:21pm
Like dude!! It's fine, because why should we care? I mean, because it's their life, it doesn't like effect us or anything. It's what they like and stuff. I mean, just because we're different, doesn't mean that they will stop punks, so why stop homosexuals?
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
January 28th, 2007 at 12:02am
spill_no_sick:
druscilla_nesser:
spill_no_sick:
Get it straight.

that's what I said
real liberals (aka not you) wouldn't have an opinion, and then find a source to back it up (like you did)
they would examine the facts, and using logic and reason (not emotion) would develop an intelligent opinion and work together for the common good

however, you felt something, so you decided to find what political message went along with that and used it to support your emotion

A) you have no right to tell me whether I'm liberal/conservative/etc. I know what I am and you don't. Conservative aren't pro-choice, pro-dyke marriage, lesbian, swearing bitches like me.

b) You make no sense.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 28th, 2007 at 01:13am
druscilla_nesser:
spill_no_sick:
druscilla_nesser:
spill_no_sick:
Get it straight.

that's what I said

A) you have no right to tell me whether I'm liberal/conservative/etc. I know what I am and you don't. Conservative aren't pro-choice, pro-dyke marriage, lesbian, swearing bitches like me.

b) You make no sense.

a. I would never call you conservative
you're a parrot
you aren't supposed to manipulate facts to make your opinion seem valid, you should have a valid opinion because you based it on facts
I could say the world is flat and find stuff that works for that, but the evidence shows me that it isn't flat

b. it's just going over your head
don't feel too bad
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
January 28th, 2007 at 04:17am
mzcrazyagogo:
Like dude!! It's fine, because why should we care? I mean, because it's their life, it doesn't like effect us or anything. It's what they like and stuff. I mean, just because we're different, doesn't mean that they will stop punks, so why stop homosexuals?
Well if everyone thought like that no one would ever help another person. For example, I have an A from chemistry and my friend has an F. But its her problem and therefor I wont help her in studying. Confused
If I had a friend that is gay and she(he wanted to get married (when older) and they couldn't that would make them sad which would make me sad too because I care for my friends. It would affect me.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 28th, 2007 at 08:29am
spill_no_sick:
you're a parrot
you aren't supposed to manipulate facts to make your opinion seem valid, you should have a valid opinion because you based it on facts
I could say the world is flat and find stuff that works for that, but the evidence shows me that it isn't flat

Do all opinions need to be based on facts?
You're a Christian; you believe on God. Not out of facts, I'd imagine, since there is no such fact to say God exists or doesn't exist. But I think you believe anyway because your conscience/heart/brain tells you God exists. And I don't think that just because that opinion isn't based on facts, doesn't make it less valid.

I think the best opinions come from the heart; the ones that don't subject to mathematical reasoning, but the opinions that just seem right. And wouldn't seeing facts and basing your opinion on them be just as bad as 'parroting' anyway?

I mean, I'd rather a person believed something and then tried to find ('manipulate') facts to back it up than a person found a fact, agreed with it, and then based their opinion on it. In fact, the latter seems far more like being a parrot to me.
Pos
Geek
Pos
January 28th, 2007 at 11:10am
i think its good that they are letting homosexuals(no offence) marry, as that way they can prove their love to eachother just as hetrosexuals do.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 28th, 2007 at 05:07pm
Bloodraine:
spill_no_sick:
you're a parrot

You're a Christian; you believe on God. Not out of facts, I'd imagine, since there is no such fact to say God exists or doesn't exist. But I think you believe anyway because your conscience/heart/brain tells you God exists. And I don't think that just because that opinion isn't based on facts, doesn't make it less valid.

I think the best opinions come from the heart; the ones that don't subject to mathematical reasoning, but the opinions that just seem right. And wouldn't seeing facts and basing your opinion on them be just as bad as 'parroting' anyway?

I mean, I'd rather a person believed something and then tried to find ('manipulate') facts to back it up than a person found a fact, agreed with it, and then based their opinion on it. In fact, the latter seems far more like being a parrot to me.
I didn't sat all opinions
but political opinions, yes
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
January 28th, 2007 at 06:56pm
spill_no_sick:
Bloodraine:
spill_no_sick:
you're a parrot

I didn't sat all opinions
but political opinions, yes
Opinions don't solely need to be based on facts.
They need to be based on what you feel and think.
If it's what you think, it's an opinion. If it's not what you think, then what the fuck are you babbling about?
Register