Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 5th, 2005 at 04:17pm
tre_cool_is_god:
Possible247:
let them live there lifes however they want
they let us live our lifes however we want

they just chose a different path and who real is to say which path is right and which is wrong

ah no they dont (well not all of them anyway) if i am walking down the street and there happeneds to be a homosexual person there and i call my mate a faggot just joking with each other and they hear me i can find myself in court and then i have to proove that i said it to my friend and not to the homosexual person. So some of them dont let us live our lifes the way we want.

But slander is almost impossible to prove in a court of law at the best of times. Gays have been stoned to death, burnt at the stake and persecuted for centuries, I think they're all rather past the name calling. Most of them are mature enough to cope with stuff like that.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 5th, 2005 at 04:55pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Hmm. It depends.
I don't have a problem with them getting actually married, but to do it in a Church, is that not going against God?
Contradict me if I'm wrong of course.

That's not against God, it's against religion. If gay couples finally get the right to get a marriage certificate like everyone else, it will be as legal as any other marriage, and you can't say it's not a marriage just because it wasn't a church wedding. 'Cuz in that case my marriage is not real either since it was in City Hall. I'm pretty sure the fucking church will never allow homosexual couples to marry in a church, which kinda sucks if they want to. Just one of those things I hate Christianity for.

As for children, of course, I think they should have the right to adopt. It will be weird at first, but will be a good step towards realizing there's nothing wrong with that, and another step towards getting rid of stupid fanatism over bashing everyone who's not like you. The more steps like that are taken, the sooner human race will become friendly with common sense.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
December 5th, 2005 at 05:00pm
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:
I think it's great, but it's not marriage. It's been named a ceremonial partnership contract, they get the same contract rights as same sex couples, but they are still not allowed to marry in a church, also there's something strange about the divorce proceddings they would have to take.

Also the law is going to fail on the basis that because it's not a legal marriage, it's basically saying if you sign this contract you are allowed to share certain investments, well that contract discriminates against same sex partners who live together but don't want to sign a binding contract.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 5th, 2005 at 05:18pm
Faith:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Hmm. It depends.
I don't have a problem with them getting actually married, but to do it in a Church, is that not going against God?

That's not against God, it's against religion. If gay couples finally get the right to get a marriage certificate like everyone else, it will be as legal as any other marriage, and you can't say it's not a marriage just because it wasn't a church wedding. 'Cuz in that case my marriage is not real either since it was in City Hall. I'm pretty sure the fucking church will never allow homosexual couples to marry in a church, which kinda sucks if they want to. Just one of those things I hate Christianity for.

As for children, of course, I think they should have the right to adopt. It will be weird at first, but will be a good step towards realizing there's nothing wrong with that, and another step towards getting rid of stupid fanatism over bashing everyone who's not like you. The more steps like that are taken, the sooner human race will become friendly with common sense.

No no no, I didn't mean that!
I worded it wrongly. I meant IF they did it in a Church.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 5th, 2005 at 05:20pm
Faith:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Hmm. It depends.

I mentioned above, The Quakers are one branch of chrisianity who are for Same Sex marriage.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 5th, 2005 at 05:25pm
Bloodraine:
I mentioned above, The Quakers are one branch of chrisianity who are for Same Sex marriage.

Good for them.

Nine_Inch_Nails:

Well, that's what I mean...It's not against God for same sex couple to marry - in a church or anywhere else. But it would be against religion, bible and all that crap they made up.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 5th, 2005 at 05:32pm
Faith:
Bloodraine:

Good for them.

Nine_Inch_Nails:

Well, that's what I mean...It's not against God for same sex couple to marry - in a church or anywhere else. But it would be against religion, bible and all that crap they made up.

Not really against religion as such.
But yeah it's against the Bible.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 5th, 2005 at 05:34pm
Even the Bible itself is against the Bible. Now, im not making sense anymore...
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 5th, 2005 at 05:35pm
Bloodraine:

The Bible doesn't make sense because it was written by a number of people or idiots so...
That's my opinion on the matter.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 5th, 2005 at 05:37pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Bloodraine:

The Bible doesn't make sense because it was written by a number of people or idiots so...
That's my opinion on the matter.

What I was trying to say, is that the Bible is a very contradictory book. And you have a valid point, it was written by many different people.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 5th, 2005 at 05:40pm
Bloodraine:

Makes perfect sense to me. They bash people who do something against the Bible and then do something against the Bible themselves...Religion is based on hypocrisy.
Basically, what I'm saying is - you can't say Bible is the word of God 'cuz it's not God who wrote it, it's a bunch of differnt people who apparently don't even agree with each other
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
December 5th, 2005 at 05:41pm
guys your going off topic if you want to talk about the competence of religion or the bible please do it in the 'religion' thread.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 5th, 2005 at 05:46pm
NeoSteph:
guys your going off topic if you want to talk about the competence of religion or the bible please do it in the 'religion' thread.

But this is about gays and marriage. Surely religion and the Bible is going to come into it somewhere?
But I see what you mean, we were dicussing completly the Bible rather than gays and marriages and the bible etc.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
December 5th, 2005 at 05:49pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
NeoSteph:

But this is about gays and marriage. Surely religion and the Bible is going to come into it somewhere?
But I see what you mean, we were dicussing completly the Bible rather than gays and marriages and the bible etc.

exactly, obviously you need to reference religious ideals, but try to refrain from turning the topic off track (not in reference to you personally)
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
December 5th, 2005 at 09:27pm
Faith:
Bloodraine:

Makes perfect sense to me. They bash people who do something against the Bible and then do something against the Bible themselves...Religion is based on hypocrisy.
Basically, what I'm saying is - you can't say Bible is the word of God 'cuz it's not God who wrote it, it's a bunch of differnt people who apparently don't even agree with each other
-meep- God gave them the knowledge to write it he didnt actually tell them what he wanted them to write; they just uh did. o__o -meepers-
st.jimmy'sgrlfriend
Geek
st.jimmy'sgrlfriend
December 5th, 2005 at 09:30pm
in some cases yes and others no. it's like a hedrosexual couple, if your good parents you deserve kids, if your bad then stay away. that gay guy might of considered himself unfit. but some homosexual couple are fit, like straight couples. it depends on what kind of person you are, not you sexual performance.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 5th, 2005 at 09:42pm
st.jimmy'sgrlfriend:
in some cases yes and others no. it's like a hedrosexual couple, if your good parents you deserve kids, if your bad then stay away. that gay guy might of considered himself unfit. but some homosexual couple are fit, like straight couples. it depends on what kind of person you are, not you sexual performance.

Yeah, there ya go. And how can you tell what parents are good enough? If a heterosexual couple decides to have a child, no one will stop them. Then who has a right to decide a homosexual couple is not good enough?
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 5th, 2005 at 09:45pm
Sheepo@_@:
Faith:
Bloodraine:

-meep- God gave them the knowledge to write it he didnt actually tell them what he wanted them to write; they just uh did. o__o -meepers-

God told me Bible's shit (and that's no sacrasm), now who's right?...

I know, I know, off topic....
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
December 5th, 2005 at 09:46pm
Faith:
st.jimmy'sgrlfriend:

Yeah, there ya go. And how can you tell what parents are good enough? If a heterosexual couple decides to have a child, no one will stop them. Then who has a right to decide a homosexual couple is not good enough?
Well some people think that it might cause problems with the child. Like kids will make fun of them or become outcasts, I dont really think that happens all to often although it did happen to one girl at my school.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 5th, 2005 at 09:54pm
Sheepo@_@:
Faith:
st.jimmy'sgrlfriend:

Well some people think that it might cause problems with the child. Like kids will make fun of them or become outcasts, I dont really think that happens all to often although it did happen to one girl at my school.

You're right, I thought about it. But, as I said, society will have to go through this at one point or another. Like the first Black kids that went to the same school with the White kids. It kinda sucks and I know that children are cruel, but this is a part of social development, and if parents and teacher act the right way about it, it will be relatively painless for the child. You never know, for some it might even be an advantage 'cuz their family will attract interest.
Either way, it will happen at one point or another.
Register