Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 15th, 2006 at 11:42am
spill_no_sick:
Bloodraine:
spill_no_sick:
certificates and liscences are two different things
I looked it up, the liscence in my state is $25; the certificate varies with age

and MOST people drop hundreds or thousands of dollars for a marriage ceremony and wedding

and: if you love them enough why would you go back because of lawyer costs? they get the title of: "in charge of your fucking LIFE!"; is "married" somehow better?

I think she knows what she's talking about...

In any case, would you feel happier if we stopped talking about 'Marriages' and continued our discussion on 'Civil Unions'?...

Also, It isn't a case of 'Loving them enough'. Some people just don't have the money. Some people just can't afford it. Some people need the money for greater causes. God forbid, we will ever start measuring love by our bank balances.
that was a response to her saying something like, "homosexuals don't deserve the hassle of paying a lawyer" or something to that effect

please NEVER take anything I say out of context, I would appreciate that

She said "Why would I have to get a lawyer to set things up the way heterosexual couples have them by default?"

Eh

I'm not taking things out of context, either, or at least not doing it with intention. I'm just reading the words on the page, making an evaluation of them at face value then giving my opinion to them. You have to admit, the part I was replying to (The bolded part), on face value alone, was not edited or twisted at all...
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
January 15th, 2006 at 12:00pm
Bloodraine:
spill_no_sick:
Bloodraine:
spill_no_sick:
certificates and liscences are two different things
I looked it up, the liscence in my state is $25; the certificate varies with age

and MOST people drop hundreds or thousands of dollars for a marriage ceremony and wedding

and: if you love them enough why would you go back because of lawyer costs? they get the title of: "in charge of your fucking LIFE!"; is "married" somehow better?

I think she knows what she's talking about...

In any case, would you feel happier if we stopped talking about 'Marriages' and continued our discussion on 'Civil Unions'?...

Also, It isn't a case of 'Loving them enough'. Some people just don't have the money. Some people just can't afford it. Some people need the money for greater causes. God forbid, we will ever start measuring love by our bank balances.
that was a response to her saying something like, "homosexuals don't deserve the hassle of paying a lawyer" or something to that effect

please NEVER take anything I say out of context, I would appreciate that

She said "Why would I have to get a lawyer to set things up the way heterosexual couples have them by default?"

Eh

I'm not taking things out of context, either, or at least not doing it with intention. I'm just reading the words on the page, making an evaluation of them at face value then giving my opinion to them. You have to admit, the part I was replying to (The bolded part), on face value alone, was not edited or twisted at all...
if my whole case was the bolded part you would be very right to correct me on that

but my point was that only getting married because you can and because there are benifits, but going back because you don't want to pay much means you aren't innocent at all (you know what I mean, Faith will take it out of context, but I'm sure you have a slight idea of what I'm talking about)
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 15th, 2006 at 12:18pm
spill_no_sick:
if my whole case was the bolded part you would be very right to correct me on that

but my point was that only getting married because you can and because there are benifits, but going back because you don't want to pay much means you aren't innocent at all (you know what I mean, Faith will take it out of context, but I'm sure you have a slight idea of what I'm talking about)

We can all be guilty of getting stuck on the finer details rather than seeing the bigger picture...So for that I apologize.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 15th, 2006 at 12:21pm
Bloodraine:
spill_no_sick:

We can all be guilty of getting stuck on the finer details rather than seeing the bigger picture...So for that I apologize.
don't apoligize, if I ever take anything out of context or lie to make a point call me out on it

we are all guilty so good point
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 15th, 2006 at 06:20pm
spill_no_sick:
Bloodraine:
spill_no_sick:

don't apoligize, if I ever take anything out of context or lie to make a point call me out on it

we are all guilty so good point

Huh, well, you're definitely quick to offend someone before they are even guilty.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 15th, 2006 at 06:25pm
spill_no_sick:
Faith:
spill_no_sick:
and homosexuals should go to a lawyer instead of bbeing married because marriage is for a man and a woman

and, MOST marriages have a six month engagement beforehand, lots of planning stress and money go into them.....it's probably the same amount of work (if not less) to request stuff with a lawyer

ALSO: most things you don't even need a lawyer for, your living will just has to be a piece of paper; the lawyer just has to be aware of it (no money involved, my dad worked with this all the time, they didn't drop any extra fee money); almost anything else is the same

so they are not treated just like heterosexuals; but the benifits do even out and it isn't anything to bitch over (in my opinion; but it's 2006 and people will find a way to bitch)

I don't have a lawyer, will it not cost me anything to get one?
I didn't have a six month engagement, all tht crap is optional.
Why are they not treated like heterosexuals? Because of stupid close-minded descrimination.

you followed a rhetorical question by being insulting and calling people close-minded
three cheers for parodox

it's not close-minded anyway; have I not tried to see your point of veiw?
it's not descrimination either, I've gone through the history of it plenty of times; marriage began as love, now it is a matter of Civil Unions
I know it is optional; noticed I put MOST in all caps

and if you don't have a lawyer you can file the will (all firemen are required to have a will, not all firemen have lawyers....see how you don't need a lawyer? I just use that as an example because you'll be better off using one if you have one.)
if you don't have the lawyer you can have some evidence to where it is unanimous in a court trial what you want (everything I've heard from you all can be written down in a fashion, taken to court, and shown that you all have all the rights of a married couple; right now the only right I'm not sure can be duplicated is the pre-nup....but that's for protection against assholes taking advantage of Civil Unions.)

quit saying "homosexuals are treated different"; you make it seem like everyone but them is treated perfectly
EVERYONE'S treated different; many heterosexuals won't get married but get these rights
(I don't know her name) but that girl from Sex and the City and her boyfriend of fifteen years had it (until she dumped him and went for some female teacher....but I'll be damned if they hadn't worked out something already)

so homosexuals aren't treated just like married couples; I'll agree with that
but if marriage were taken away from everybody we could all still get the rights, we could all love each other, we could all move in; I know you're probably the only married person on this site but for legal purposes, "Civil Union" (since marriage has nothing to do with love anymore I'll just start calling it that) is available to everyone; even if they don't get their Brownie Badge for it that says, "Civil Unionised"

I followed a question, by an answer.

I don't know if you tried to see my point, have you?

Marriage began as love...Yeah, especially all the marriages in the old days when people were just "fixed" together, without any consideration for their opinion.

No one is treated perfectly...is that right? And is that an excuse for descrimination?
Gviving less rights to one couple than to another on the basis of sex IS descrimination. If you prove that wrong, I'll take my words back.
in_paradise_with_st_jimmy
in_paradise_with_st_jimmy

Mibba Blog
January 17th, 2006 at 09:34pm
I support same sex marriages 100%. I see nothing wrong with them. We had a discussion about this in class last year. We looked up the definition of marriage in the dictionary and it said, "A union between a male and female," or something to that degree. I believe that it is just a lot of discrimination towards homosexuals. People are just trying to put gays down. I think some people believe that by taking away certain rights, it will "convert" the gays back to being straight, in a sense. I don't believe that. I think that people should just deal with what others choose to do with their lives because it doesn't concern them and it's none of their damn business what others do with their lives.
a1b2c3d4
Idiot
a1b2c3d4
January 20th, 2006 at 04:53pm
i'm totally for same sex marriages, they could say exactly the same thing about heterosexual marriages. They have as much right to be married as any other couple. I dont see any reason why it shouldn't be allowed, just because they decide to live their life a different way to others it doesnt make it wrong. If it offends people or they feel uncomfortable with it then to be honest they can go to hell.

Theres my opinion
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 20th, 2006 at 05:15pm
Insomniac72:
i'm totally for same sex marriages, they could say exactly the same thing about heterosexual marriages. They have as much right to be married as any other couple. I dont see any reason why it shouldn't be allowed, just because they decide to live their life a different way to others it doesnt make it wrong. If it offends people or they feel uncomfortable with it then to be honest they can go to hell.

Theres my opinion

Little bit harsh though...I think straight people should be allowed to feel uncomfortable with it..
a1b2c3d4
Idiot
a1b2c3d4
January 20th, 2006 at 05:22pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Insomniac72:

Theres my opinion

Little bit harsh though...I think straight people should be allowed to feel uncomfortable with it..
okay maybe i was a bit harsh but if they do feel uncomfortable they definetly shouldnt abuse of take it out on the couples
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 20th, 2006 at 05:26pm
Faith:
spill_no_sick:
Faith:
spill_no_sick:
and homosexuals should go to a lawyer instead of bbeing married because marriage is for a man and a woman

and, MOST marriages have a six month engagement beforehand, lots of planning stress and money go into them.....it's probably the same amount of work (if not less) to request stuff with a lawyer

ALSO: most things you don't even need a lawyer for, your living will just has to be a piece of paper; the lawyer just has to be aware of it (no money involved, my dad worked with this all the time, they didn't drop any extra fee money); almost anything else is the same

so they are not treated just like heterosexuals; but the benifits do even out and it isn't anything to bitch over (in my opinion; but it's 2006 and people will find a way to bitch)

I don't have a lawyer, will it not cost me anything to get one?
I didn't have a six month engagement, all tht crap is optional.
Why are they not treated like heterosexuals? Because of stupid close-minded descrimination.

you followed a rhetorical question by being insulting and calling people close-minded
three cheers for parodox

it's not close-minded anyway; have I not tried to see your point of veiw?
it's not descrimination either, I've gone through the history of it plenty of times; marriage began as love, now it is a matter of Civil Unions
I know it is optional; noticed I put MOST in all caps

and if you don't have a lawyer you can file the will (all firemen are required to have a will, not all firemen have lawyers....see how you don't need a lawyer? I just use that as an example because you'll be better off using one if you have one.)
if you don't have the lawyer you can have some evidence to where it is unanimous in a court trial what you want (everything I've heard from you all can be written down in a fashion, taken to court, and shown that you all have all the rights of a married couple; right now the only right I'm not sure can be duplicated is the pre-nup....but that's for protection against assholes taking advantage of Civil Unions.)

quit saying "homosexuals are treated different"; you make it seem like everyone but them is treated perfectly
EVERYONE'S treated different; many heterosexuals won't get married but get these rights
(I don't know her name) but that girl from Sex and the City and her boyfriend of fifteen years had it (until she dumped him and went for some female teacher....but I'll be damned if they hadn't worked out something already)

so homosexuals aren't treated just like married couples; I'll agree with that
but if marriage were taken away from everybody we could all still get the rights, we could all love each other, we could all move in; I know you're probably the only married person on this site but for legal purposes, "Civil Union" (since marriage has nothing to do with love anymore I'll just start calling it that) is available to everyone; even if they don't get their Brownie Badge for it that says, "Civil Unionised"

I followed a question, by an answer.

I don't know if you tried to see my point, have you?

Marriage began as love...Yeah, especially all the marriages in the old days when people were just "fixed" together, without any consideration for their opinion.

No one is treated perfectly...is that right? And is that an excuse for descrimination?
Gviving less rights to one couple than to another on the basis of sex IS descrimination. If you prove that wrong, I'll take my words back.

when I said "everyone is treated wrong" it wasn't an excuse and I would appreciate it if you would quit doing that
I said that because you're giving us the image that heterosexuals have everything perfect and homosexuals have it a lot harder

and I can prove your statement wrong. you said that "taking away their rights is descrimination"

it's not taking away rights!
they just get them a different way
and yes, when the Jews got married back in the ADs they didn't have them arranged....but I'm glad you felt you could mix that up with middle eastern culture that didn't exist until centuries later

and no you won't take back your words because it would mean I have a little truth and admitting that is losing the argument and you don't want that

now twist my words, say something abstract that may be truthful 1% of the time, and tell me that I lost the argument because your argument is foolproof
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 20th, 2006 at 05:27pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Insomniac72:

Theres my opinion

No one can tell you how to feel about something. If you feel uncomfortable about it, you will feel it anyway. But I don't think straight people should be "allowed" to publically insult gay couples just because they are uncomfortable with their way of life.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 20th, 2006 at 05:34pm
Faith:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Insomniac72:

Theres my opinion

No one can tell you how to feel about something. If you feel uncomfortable about it, you will feel it anyway. But I don't think straight people should be "allowed" to publically insult gay couples just because they are uncomfortable with their way of life.

No, I wasn't saying they should. I don't think they should actually use that against a gay couple. I just meant that if they feel uncomfortable then that should be okay, as long as they don't act on that.
a1b2c3d4
Idiot
a1b2c3d4
January 20th, 2006 at 05:35pm
Faith:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Insomniac72:

Theres my opinion

thats what i meant it just kind of came out wrong, i wasnt saying that people shouldnt't feel uncomfortable because thats impossible and i wouldnt llike it if somebody told me how to feel but i think that same sex couples shouldnt be insulted, abused etc in public
a1b2c3d4
Idiot
a1b2c3d4
January 20th, 2006 at 05:36pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Faith:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Insomniac72:

Theres my opinion

No, I wasn't saying they should. I don't think they should actually use that against a gay couple. I just meant that if they feel uncomfortable then that should be okay, as long as they don't act on that.

amen to that
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 20th, 2006 at 05:38pm
Faith:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Insomniac72:

Theres my opinion

no they shouldn't
when was the last time you saw them get away with it though?
I live in the Redneck state of America and I hardly ever see anyone get away with it

sometimes people riff on each other about it, "you know you like guys" (guys don't say it that kindly but it's what you expect from a guy) but I'm not at all offended and I'm usually the first to be offended by something

when it's, "get away you fag, you look at me like you want me or something" then I get mad
but I hardly ever see anyone publically insult some one and get away with it

no matter how much respect I have for homosexuals, "I was told not to do any gay jokes tonight because it offends a lot of people. Look, if you can take a dick you can take a joke." - Carlos Mencia

and seriously, white people can take jokes, hell, even strait people can take jokes!
have you ever seen Scott Kennedy stand up?
he's gay and he tells some funny straight jokes

I'm just saying, it shouldn't be allowed, but it isn't allowed
anyone who does IS a homophobe; but they don't need to go to hell for it!

how will they learn if they just hear, "go to hell"
this is why homosexuals are relunctant to listen to the opposition, they're just being told to go to hell

if you sit down and explain to a homophobe, "they're just people like you and me, there's nothing wrong with them...and don't worry about them checking you out because you're a redneck homophobe and they don't show up on gaydar."

then a homosexuals sits down and listens, "yeah you can have rights and stuff....but marriage is sacred for a lot of people and they just don't want you to be married. but you can still live in the same house as some one, adopt with them (as long as you have enough money to support the child), and virtually everything a married couple can do"

seriously....if we got that far in communication then we could have a debate
no one's willing to listen so we just argue the same thing back and forth not willing to listen to the other

this is why we're getting no where
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 20th, 2006 at 05:40pm
Insomniac72:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Faith:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Insomniac72:

Theres my opinion

amen to that

Very Happy
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 20th, 2006 at 05:42pm
spill_no_sick:
Faith:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Insomniac72:

Theres my opinion

no they shouldn't
when was the last time you saw them get away with it though?
I live in the Redneck state of America and I hardly ever see anyone get away with it

sometimes people riff on each other about it, "you know you like guys" (guys don't say it that kindly but it's what you expect from a guy) but I'm not at all offended and I'm usually the first to be offended by something

when it's, "get away you fag, you look at me like you want me or something" then I get mad
but I hardly ever see anyone publically insult some one and get away with it

no matter how much respect I have for homosexuals, "I was told not to do any gay jokes tonight because it offends a lot of people. Look, if you can take a dick you can take a joke." - Carlos Mencia

and seriously, white people can take jokes, hell, even strait people can take jokes!
have you ever seen Scott Kennedy stand up?
he's gay and he tells some funny straight jokes

I'm just saying, it shouldn't be allowed, but it isn't allowed
anyone who does IS a homophobe; but they don't need to go to hell for it!

how will they learn if they just hear, "go to hell"
this is why homosexuals are relunctant to listen to the opposition, they're just being told to go to hell

if you sit down and explain to a homophobe, "they're just people like you and me, there's nothing wrong with them...and don't worry about them checking you out because you're a redneck homophobe and they don't show up on gaydar."

then a homosexuals sits down and listens, "yeah you can have rights and stuff....but marriage is sacred for a lot of people and they just don't want you to be married. but you can still live in the same house as some one, adopt with them (as long as you have enough money to support the child), and virtually everything a married couple can do"

seriously....if we got that far in communication then we could have a debate
no one's willing to listen so we just argue the same thing back and forth not willing to listen to the other

this is why we're getting no where

But it's mean.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 20th, 2006 at 05:44pm
That was probably the crappest arguement I have ever given..but it's my only answer to homophobes..they're mean.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 20th, 2006 at 05:45pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
That was probably the crappest arguement I have ever given..but it's my only answer to homophobes..they're mean.
did you read the whole thing?
Register