Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
December 5th, 2005 at 09:58pm
Faith:
Sheepo@_@:
Faith:
Bloodraine:
Even the Bible itself is against the Bible. Now, im not making sense anymore...

Makes perfect sense to me. They bash people who do something against the Bible and then do something against the Bible themselves...Religion is based on hypocrisy.
Basically, what I'm saying is - you can't say Bible is the word of God 'cuz it's not God who wrote it, it's a bunch of differnt people who apparently don't even agree with each other
-meep- God gave them the knowledge to write it he didnt actually tell them what he wanted them to write; they just uh did. o__o -meepers-

God told me Bible's shit (and that's no sacrasm), now who's right?...

I know, I know, off topic....
I dunno who's right God doesnt talk to me Laughing I dont talk to him. I just pray. At night. O_O
Just like as if
Jackass
Just like as if
December 6th, 2005 at 08:27am
It's good that they can now have the same contract rights that marriage brings.

In my opinion they should be able to adopt kiddos as well. It wouldn't be bad for the child, if they've been raised the way that they have parents that are both same gender. It wouldn't be odd. The situation can never be even or normal if it doesn't start sometime.
Snow White
Geek
Snow White
December 6th, 2005 at 01:13pm
My country was actually one of the first to legalise same sex marriages and I must say I'm rather proud of that. I don't see a problem with it at all. If 2 people love each other and want to get married, then they should be able to do just that. It's nonsense to say that people can't get married when they happen to be of the same sex. I don't think gay couples can adopt children yet here, but I think they should totally be allowed to. They should be judged on the same criteria as heterosexual couples who want to adopt a child: if they can provide for the child and if they will treat it correctly, why take away the right of having children from them? It's not because a child's parents are of the same sex, that they can't love and take care of a child. That's just close-minded bullshit if you ask me.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 6th, 2005 at 08:31pm
Snow White:
My country was actually one of the first to legalise same sex marriages and I must say I'm rather proud of that. I don't see a problem with it at all. If 2 people love each other and want to get married, then they should be able to do just that. It's nonsense to say that people can't get married when they happen to be of the same sex. I don't think gay couples can adopt children yet here, but I think they should totally be allowed to. They should be judged on the same criteria as heterosexual couples who want to adopt a child: if they can provide for the child and if they will treat it correctly, why take away the right of having children from them? It's not because a child's parents are of the same sex, that they can't love and take care of a child. That's just close-minded bullshit if you ask me.

Absolutely
it's hardcore honey.
Idiot
it's hardcore honey.
December 7th, 2005 at 10:31am
Of course, they should be able to adopt children.
It doesn't make them worse as parents just because they are homosexual...

oh, it pisses me off when people say otherwise >_<
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 7th, 2005 at 11:11am
Something Interesting that happened to me today. I was in RE and a boy stood up and asked the teacher (a hardline catholic) what her views on same sex marriages were. To this she replied "Its not a marriage, its a civil partenership.". Every time he tried reasoning with her she replied "Its not a marriage".

Even though these new laws allow same sex partnerships, do you ever think they will be viewed on a par with marriages? I do, but it seems we will have a long way to go in convincing others.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
December 7th, 2005 at 01:32pm
Bloodraine:
Something Interesting that happened to me today. I was in RE and a boy stood up and asked the teacher (a hardline catholic) what her views on same sex marriages were. To this she replied "Its not a marriage, its a civil partenership.". Every time he tried reasoning with her she replied "Its not a marriage".

Even though these new laws allow same sex partnerships, do you ever think they will be viewed on a par with marriages? I do, but it seems we will have a long way to go in convincing others.

No i dont think it would be viewed on a par with hetrosexual marriages, because for me to allow it is to push aside the sanctity of marrage and partnership, but i just might have old values.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 7th, 2005 at 01:35pm
Children will also become a fashion item for many homosexuals, and i think that our goverment has a job, no right to protect these children.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 7th, 2005 at 03:41pm
tre_cool_is_god:
Children will also become a fashion item for many homosexuals, and i think that our goverment has a job, no right to protect these children.

Children also seem to be a fashion item for chavs...
You don't see the government doing anything about that though do you?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 7th, 2005 at 03:44pm
I'm Curious, why do you think children will become fashion items for homosexuals in particular?

Why is this any more likely to happen to them than a heterosexual couple?
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
December 7th, 2005 at 03:44pm
...Creeps me out...
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
December 7th, 2005 at 03:46pm
Bloodraine:

I posted on page one how it is not related to a marriage. A civil partnership allows two people of the same sex to share assets and have certain regulations against the inheritance tax, however even though it is similar to a marriage certificate it is different, there is no divorce, and follows the same course as any contract. They still wouldn't be able to marry in church.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 7th, 2005 at 03:49pm
NeoSteph:
Bloodraine:

I posted on page one how it is not related to a marriage. A civil partnership allows two people of the same sex to share assets and have certain regulations against the inheritance tax, however even though it is similar to a marriage certificate it is different, there is no divorce, and follows the same course as any contract. They still wouldn't be able to marry in church.

Sorry if I misunderstood, but they're not allowed to get divored? Seriously! Gah!
And are they still not allowed to get married in Church?

Sorry, had a looong day today! Parent's Evening and all that Confused
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 7th, 2005 at 03:49pm
I know. I was asking whether they will ever be viewed on a par with marriages? Or rather as a second rate substitue. It didnt seem worth making a thread over.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
December 7th, 2005 at 03:51pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
NeoSteph:
Bloodraine:

Sorry if I misunderstood, but they're not allowed to get divored? Seriously! Gah!
And are they still not allowed to get married in Church?

Sorry, had a looong day today! Parent's Evening and all that Confused

No church wedding and no divorce, A civil partnership is a contract so onviously there will be agreements within the contract, they can break a contract but they would have to go to a civil court instead of divorce proceddings.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
December 7th, 2005 at 03:54pm
Bloodraine:
I know. I was asking wether they will ever be viewed on a par with marriages? Or rather as a second rate substitue. It didnt seem worth making a thread over.

It reminds me of the emancipation of women, Men over the age of 18 were given the vote and the vote was given to women over the age of 30, because it was thought if they were 30 they could be easily controlled by their husbands.

Giving gays the civil partnership right is like givng an inch to spare giving them a mile. It's not a marriage so they will still be seen as second class citizens.
Hotel New Archaic
Idiot
Hotel New Archaic
December 7th, 2005 at 04:16pm
why do people thing a same-sex marriage is not good for a kid to grow up in?
All I know is some people reckon that means the kid'll turn out gay.

Yeah. That's why hetero couples only ever produce straight kids.

Homosexuals should be able to marry and adopt as they wish.
You think a gay marriage is not good for a kid? What about being adopted by a known child molester?

That's allowed.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 8th, 2005 at 06:11am
Nine_Inch_Nails:
tre_cool_is_god:

Children also seem to be a fashion item for chavs...
You don't see the government doing anything about that though do you?

no but i wish they would.
Poison Fish
Idiot
Poison Fish
December 8th, 2005 at 06:27am
i dont see why same sex marriages cant be treated the same as heterosexual marriages. i mean, yeah i understand why they cant get married in a church... but why not get the same privilages and stuff. because what it really is is dicriminating against homosexuals... which is from upon in most societys.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 8th, 2005 at 06:38am
Half-Way Haunted:
why do people thing a same-sex marriage is not good for a kid to grow up in?
All I know is some people reckon that means the kid'll turn out gay.

Yeah. That's why hetero couples only ever produce straight kids.

Homosexuals should be able to marry and adopt as they wish.
You think a gay marriage is not good for a kid? What about being adopted by a known child molester?

That's allowed.

not in this country it isnt, when they are on the sex offenders register they will not allow them to adopt
Register