Same sex marriages!

AuthorMessage
Pretty Like Drugs
King For A Couple Of Days
Pretty Like Drugs
January 7th, 2006 at 02:13am
By the way, was the famous guy Elton John? I heard he was one of the first to get a civil union.
Be[lie]ve
Jackass
Be[lie]ve
January 7th, 2006 at 03:50am
i dont really like that stuff! i dont think its right
but i also think people should have freedom of choice...
Mikelvr
Mikelvr
January 7th, 2006 at 10:58am
Freedom of choice, yes.
But, a mariage is catholic, right? And the bible don't want to have gay mariage, is that it?
So, maybe they could do something else as to 'unite' themselves....
I personnaly wouldn't care, though.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 7th, 2006 at 01:01pm
MikeLvr:
Freedom of choice, yes.
But, a mariage is catholic, right? And the bible don't want to have gay mariage, is that it?

Civil Partnerships...have nothing to do with religion. They are exactly that, to 'Unite' a couple.

Marriage is no longer a purely Christian thing...
_X_Vegas_X_
Geek
_X_Vegas_X_

Mibba
January 7th, 2006 at 09:54pm
I think you should be aloud to do with your life what you want. They should be aloud to adopt. Just because they are same sex doesn't mean they can't get around the obsticles. Every family has problems, no 2 families have matching problems. They would just have different problems. I guess I'm only 13 though. The way I veiw it is when you prick me what color do I bleed? If you pricked you, what color would you bleed? It's all the same. We are all humans, and should grasp the fact that we should treat eachother with equality. W/E. These people have the right to control their life, and it's not up to everybody else, or government to choose that. It is not up to your neighbor to control your life, so why should you control the fate of some one who lives half way across the country. It's dumb. Once again, I'm just a 13 year old, but my opinion matters to therefore, there you go. I don't care what you think of it, cuz I'll bend oover for you to kiss my buttocks.
Lyzz
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 7th, 2006 at 10:14pm
MikeLvr:
Freedom of choice, yes.

Marriage is not a religious thing anymore. The church wedding and all that is religious, but not the marriage itself. I have not been married in a church and will never have a religious wedding, since that is against my beliefs. Am I not legally married? Of course, I am. You can call it "civil union", I don't care. It's still a state of being married.
Same sex marriage would be just as legal, just no church thing...
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 7th, 2006 at 10:31pm
Pretty Like Drugs:
you just can't tell, can you.
I mean, if you adopt a kid and bring it up in a same-sex relationship environment they might grow up to be okay with it
But they might have a really intolerant nature and turn out homophobic instead
Personally I wouldn't like it, I like having a mum and dad, not two of each. But I don't know what it's like to be an orphan or abandoned, I guess it'd be better than having nobody...

Wow...
It's like not letting a white couple adopt an African-American child: "Oh, what if the kid turns out to be a racist?"...
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
January 7th, 2006 at 11:00pm
Pretty Like Drugs:
I mean, if you adopt a kid and bring it up in a same-sex relationship environment they might grow up to be okay with it
Personally I wouldn't like it, I like having a mum and dad, not two of each. But I don't know what it's like to be an orphan or abandoned, I guess it'd be better than having nobody...
You know, I was arguing about gay couples adopting children with my mom and she asked me "how would I like it if my dad just came out and said he was gay?" I would be upset because he and my mom would spilt up and all that but I wouldnt be mad about him being gay. I would want him to be happy, he cant go on living a complete lie. And most gay couples adopt babies so they will grow undestanding hopefully and being gay has come to be more accepted. Not fully which makes me mad...but we have made progress. ._.
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
January 8th, 2006 at 02:06am
Faith:
Pretty Like Drugs:

Wow...
It's like not letting a white couple adopt an African-American child: "Oh, what if the kid turns out to be a racist?"...
*shrugs* you say it like I've implied I'm against it
I'm really just saying they might encounter problems
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
January 8th, 2006 at 02:10am
I have no problem with it at all. My cousin's best freind is lesbian and she's getting married sometime soon. Or, that one law thing that is considered being married...idk. One of those. eihter way, they're gonna be together. It's quite cute, and I see no problem in it. People think that just because you like the same sex, it makes it wrong. And just to let you know, I'm a Christian. Yeah, I think it's frowned upon by most and I would never do it, but...idk..hard to explain.
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
January 8th, 2006 at 02:11am
Sheepo@_@:
Pretty Like Drugs:
You know, I was arguing about gay couples adopting children with my mom and she asked me "how would I like it if my dad just came out and said he was gay?" I would be upset because he and my mom would spilt up and all that but I wouldnt be mad about him being gay. I would want him to be happy, he cant go on living a complete lie. And most gay couples adopt babies so they will grow undestanding hopefully and being gay has come to be more accepted. Not fully which makes me mad...but we have made progress. ._.
I'm not homophobic, so sorry if it appeared that way
But I do like having a mother and father, because I need both a mother and father figure in my life... and that's something same-sex marriages can't provide me.
But heck, they can adopt all they like, just expressing an opinion
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
January 8th, 2006 at 02:26am
Pretty Like Drugs:
Sheepo@_@:
Pretty Like Drugs:
But I do like having a mother and father, because I need both a mother and father figure in my life... and that's something same-sex marriages can't provide me.
And an opinon is the beauty of being a human. With me, I don't have that much of a father figure in my life. My father doesnt' live with me and I see him 3 times a year if I'm lucky, which I do'nt really like to be. I have a stepdad, but he's more of a freind. So, I have my mom and my grandma. I do'nt need a father figure, but it all depends ont he person. I've done fine without a father for over half of my life now, and look at me.
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
January 8th, 2006 at 02:27am
Whoa...re-reading that, I'm sorry if I came out as a bitch, I really didnt' want to sound like that....
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
January 8th, 2006 at 02:29am
Whatsername_:
Pretty Like Drugs:
Sheepo@_@:
Pretty Like Drugs:
And an opinon is the beauty of being a human. With me, I don't have that much of a father figure in my life. My father doesnt' live with me and I see him 3 times a year if I'm lucky, which I do'nt really like to be. I have a stepdad, but he's more of a freind. So, I have my mom and my grandma. I do'nt need a father figure, but it all depends ont he person. I've done fine without a father for over half of my life now, and look at me.
I've had my dad all my life, so if you just took him away from me now would be devastating
But like I said, I don't know what it feels like to have no one right from the beginning, to be abandoned and alone. For someone in that position to be adopted into a family to be loved and cherished, same-sex marriage or not, is great.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 8th, 2006 at 04:48pm
Pretty Like Drugs:
I've had my dad all my life, so if you just took him away from me now would be devastating
But like I said, I don't know what it feels like to have no one right from the beginning, to be abandoned and alone. For someone in that position to be adopted into a family to be loved and cherished, same-sex marriage or not, is great.

Well, taking a father away from someone who grew up having one around, and not giving a father to someone in the first place is not the same thing. There are many kids that grow up with just one parents, or with an aunt, or with a grandparent. And I don't think they are deprived, it's just a variant. There's nothing bad about there being a same-sex parents variant - it will help society to become more open-minded. And a dedicated gay couple is very very likely to be better parents than a heterosexual couple that just made a kid by accident and now has to deal with raising it.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 9th, 2006 at 04:46am
redc:
After reading all 7 pages of this I am absolutely stunned at the narrow-mindness of Tre_cool_is_god.

Firstly, here in Canada - same sex marriage is legal, and I do believe they have been granted the same "governmental" rights as heterosexuals...and rightful so. I don't care what you do and with who - love is love, and they have the right to marry. And yes, some have taken place within churchs here.

Secondly, I can not believe the ludicrous idea that a girl needs a mom and a boy needs a dad. That's pathetic. What a child needs is a loving, protective, supportive, understanding, compassiate home - whether that is with a mom & dad, a dad & dad, a mom & mom, a mom or just a dad. I find it insulting to all single parents out there that you think like this...and disrespectful. And to say things like "which one would be the mom", how ignorant are you?!

And if it is two dads raising a girl, I am sure that they will be prepared to discuss all physical issues with her. And vice versa for two moms raising a boy. I know and have known many homosexual men & women in my life and honestly they would make better parents than some of my heterosexual friends. And they would NEVER consider a child a "fashion" statement.

Just because you choose to live in a narrow-minded world don't assume that these children will too.

Homosexual couples have my blessing to get married, same rights as heterosexuals and adopt children - and I would much rather have a child in a loving home than stuck in the cycle of foster care or an orphanage.

Edit = And I have to say that for someone who believes in God, I find it odd that you use his "name" so willy-nilly..."tre_cool_is_god"...mmm...of course on a lighter side, that could explain the universe.

you can't see why a girl needs a mum and a boy needs a dad? Pfft!!
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 9th, 2006 at 04:51am
tre_cool_is_god:
redc:
After reading all 7 pages of this I am absolutely stunned at the narrow-mindness of Tre_cool_is_god.

Firstly, here in Canada - same sex marriage is legal, and I do believe they have been granted the same "governmental" rights as heterosexuals...and rightful so. I don't care what you do and with who - love is love, and they have the right to marry. And yes, some have taken place within churchs here.

Secondly, I can not believe the ludicrous idea that a girl needs a mom and a boy needs a dad. That's pathetic. What a child needs is a loving, protective, supportive, understanding, compassiate home - whether that is with a mom & dad, a dad & dad, a mom & mom, a mom or just a dad. I find it insulting to all single parents out there that you think like this...and disrespectful. And to say things like "which one would be the mom", how ignorant are you?!

And if it is two dads raising a girl, I am sure that they will be prepared to discuss all physical issues with her. And vice versa for two moms raising a boy. I know and have known many homosexual men & women in my life and honestly they would make better parents than some of my heterosexual friends. And they would NEVER consider a child a "fashion" statement.

Just because you choose to live in a narrow-minded world don't assume that these children will too.

Homosexual couples have my blessing to get married, same rights as heterosexuals and adopt children - and I would much rather have a child in a loving home than stuck in the cycle of foster care or an orphanage.

Edit = And I have to say that for someone who believes in God, I find it odd that you use his "name" so willy-nilly..."tre_cool_is_god"...mmm...of course on a lighter side, that could explain the universe.

you can't see why a girl needs a mum and a boy needs a dad? Pfft!!

fine let tem adopt, let them foster but if in about 10 years we have a over whelming population of homosexual people then so be it!!
I dont know about you but i am sick to death of my little boy who is just 6 turning on the tele on a saturday morning and watching grwon men slobber all over young boys, it makes me sick. And anouther thing before you say i am narrow minded you have no idea what i have been through and what i am going through so please do not judge me before you know me.
+Brain-Stew+
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
+Brain-Stew+
January 9th, 2006 at 07:45am
1.They are people and have a fredom of choice
2.its not their fault they were born with felings for the same sex
And
3.I say if they love each other then isnt that enough
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 9th, 2006 at 11:31am
tre_cool_is_god:
fine let tem adopt, let them foster but if in about 10 years we have a over whelming population of homosexual people then so be it!!
I dont know about you but i am sick to death of my little boy who is just 6 turning on the tele on a saturday morning and watching grwon men slobber all over young boys, it makes me sick. And anouther thing before you say i am narrow minded you have no idea what i have been through and what i am going through so please do not judge me before you know me.

Woah there! Take a deeep breath!

There is no such thing as being 'Turned' homosexual. You are born that way, and nothing can change it. Nothing.

And as for the Television issue, I very very much doubt that would be allowed to air. If you have a problem with the stuff your children are exposed to on TV, don't blame Gay men, Just don't watch it!
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 9th, 2006 at 11:59am
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:

Woah there! Take a deeep breath!

There is no such thing as being 'Turned' homosexual. You are born that way, and nothing can change it. Nothing.

And as for the Television issue, I very very much doubt that would be allowed to air. If you have a problem with the stuff your children are exposed to on TV, don't blame Gay men, Just don't watch it!

these men on tele are so blaintantly homosexual and yes it does air, just look at Dick and Dom or any saturday morning tele, my child/ren have every right to want to watch tele without having the issue of homosexuality thrown at them. They throw in all sorts of homosexual inunendos. P.C Plum in the kiddies program Balamory is so obviously homosexual.

I know there is no such thing has "turned" homosexual and that you are born that way, i have said a few times that my son is bi sexual and that i know that i didnt have anything to do with that i just bought him up the way that i thought was best, and also i know that that doesnt make him any less a nice person that he is. and i also have gay and lesbian friends and they know how i feal and all they can say to that is "that they respect me for my views" and some of them even agree with what i am saying.

AND FOR ALL OF YOU WHO THINK I AM MARROW MINDED I HAVE JUST GOT THIS IS SAY! "YOU'LL SEE WHEN YOU HAVE KIDS THEN COME BACK TO ME AND SAY ALL THIS WE ARE TO BUISY BEING POLITICALLY CORRECT THAT WE ARE NOT SEEING THE BIG PICTURE"
Register