Same sex marriages!

AuthorMessage
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
December 8th, 2005 at 09:22pm
Love is love no matter what sex/race/whatever you are.
Let them live their lives.
Same sex arriages are not allowed in my country yet tho.
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
December 8th, 2005 at 09:40pm
Love is a force of nature.
Marriage is only a piece of paper saying your husband and wife or wife and wife or husband and husband. Alot of my friends parents arent married but still together. You dont need a paper to tell what you are or arent. But if they still want to get married go ahead its no big deal anyway, I believe people of the church make it a big deal. -__-
fender
Geek
fender
December 9th, 2005 at 05:26am
i think its about time to! there should not be any restrictions of an act of love, even if it is same sex. but saying a child sould saty with the "better parent" is not right. how do you know that the straight one is better? you cant pass judgement on somebody because they are gay or say that they are a bad parent. However a child does need a male and female role in thier life, because men dont have the same maternal bonds with a child as women (not saying they dont love them by the way) and they are not going to be able to relate to any one which may not be best for the child. though i think that shouldnt be a reason for gay people not to adopt but the circumstancesa should be reviewed very carfully before it happens!
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
December 9th, 2005 at 06:26am
fender:
i think its about time to! there should not be any restrictions of an act of love, even if it is same sex. but saying a child sould saty with the "better parent" is not right. how do you know that the straight one is better? you cant pass judgement on somebody because they are gay or say that they are a bad parent. However a child does need a male and female role in thier life, because men dont have the same maternal bonds with a child as women (not saying they dont love them by the way) and they are not going to be able to relate to any one which may not be best for the child. though i think that shouldnt be a reason for gay people not to adopt but the circumstancesa should be reviewed very carfully before it happens!

i never said that if a straight person marries and then decides that he/she is actually gay that the child should stay with the straight parent what i said was that the child should go with the better and fitter perant i understand that there are curcumstances that we need to look at but i also think that homosexual people should not be allowed to adopt because a girl needs a mum and a boy needs a dad, and they need to live in homes that are not under suspicion all the time by certain people, i think that yes they should be able to marry if that is what they want to do and live they're lives the way they want but they shouldnt put children in the middle of it all, if a straight couple divorce nine times out of ten the child/children will go with the mother, but who would have the child if two gay men divorce, like you said men do not have the same natural bonds with children like women do, and it wouldnt be fair just to let women adopt and not the men so i think that they shouldnt be able to adopt at all.

Also there are a certain amount of parentless children and they would have to keep a certain amount of them behind for the gay community therfore the children will suffer then aswell.
fender
Geek
fender
December 9th, 2005 at 07:53am
tre_cool_is_god:
fender:

i never said that if a straight person marries and then decides that he/she is actually gay that the child should stay with the straight parent what i said was that the child should go with the better and fitter perant i understand that there are curcumstances that we need to look at but i also think that homosexual people should not be allowed to adopt because a girl needs a mum and a boy needs a dad, and they need to live in homes that are not under suspicion all the time by certain people, i think that yes they should be able to marry if that is what they want to do and live they're lives the way they want but they shouldnt put children in the middle of it all, if a straight couple divorce nine times out of ten the child/children will go with the mother, but who would have the child if two gay men divorce, like you said men do not have the same natural bonds with children like women do, and it wouldnt be fair just to let women adopt and not the men so i think that they shouldnt be able to adopt at all.

Also there are a certain amount of parentless children and they would have to keep a certain amount of them behind for the gay community therfore the children will suffer then aswell.

i do totally see what your saying...and yes you are right. BUT there is the couple we have to think about i mean if you were gay and married and wanted a child and you knew that you could provide a good loving home for a child then would it not upset you to not be alowed to do it simply because you are gay?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 9th, 2005 at 08:50am
fender:
tre_cool_is_god:
fender:

i do totally see what your saying...and yes you are right. BUT there is the couple we have to think about i mean if you were gay and married and wanted a child and you knew that you could provide a good loving home for a child then would it not upset you to not be alowed to do it simply because you are gay?

ok if i was gay (IM NOT) i know that i would think this- that my lifestyle does not permit children, because i wouldve chosen to live my life differantly.
[IVK]KillHannahrocks[BGTA
Geek
[IVK]KillHannahrocks[BGTA
January 3rd, 2006 at 01:41pm
they are people too not aliens they can adopt kids if they want to dont make their life hell or i will have to bite you
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 3rd, 2006 at 01:44pm
tre_cool_is_god:
ok if i was gay (IM NOT) i know that i would think this- that my lifestyle does not permit children, because i wouldve chosen to live my life differantly.

Why the hell not?

Gay people live exactly as we straight people do. We have the same culture, same lifestyle, same language. They aren't some occult little sect who wear hooded cloaks and sacrifice goats...
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 3rd, 2006 at 01:52pm
it's happened they can now adopt!!

I have written to my MP and lodge my complaint saying that it is not right and it makes a sham of hetrosexual marrage, Jehovaha wittnessess cant adopt so why should homosexuals be able to, its picking on a certain group of people.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 3rd, 2006 at 01:55pm
tre_cool_is_god:
it's happened they can now adopt!!

I have written to my MP and lodge my complaint saying that it is not right and it makes a sham of hetrosexual marrage, Jehovaha wittnessess cant adopt so why should homosexuals be able to, its picking on a certain group of people.

Jehovah's Witnesses can't adopt? I swear I know of one who does/did. Confused

Anyway, If homosexuals can now adopt that is excellent news. About time they were treated like first-class citizens and given the same rights as the rest of us.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 3rd, 2006 at 01:57pm
i have friends in the faith and they have told me differantly because the child is seen has being at risk. Because of the blood issue.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 3rd, 2006 at 02:01pm
tre_cool_is_god:
i have friends in the faith and they have told me differantly because the child is seen has being at risk. Because of the blood issue.

Ah. I see. Surely though, if the child is at risk, it would be better off in another home?

Obviously Jehovah's Witnesses would make just as good parents as any other people, but you cannot deny that the child could die needlessly. Would they plan on bringing their child up with their faith?
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
January 3rd, 2006 at 11:33pm
tre_cool_is_god:

What is the blood issue?

And to the person that said that people who were known sex offenders could adopt in australia, well that isn't allowed. You have to fill out this form and they do a background check, they do this when you are applying for any work in which you are with children, like teaching, and day care, even my mum had to fill one out, and she is the secutary for a church.
RunningAwayFromPain
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
RunningAwayFromPain
January 4th, 2006 at 12:32am
i think as long as they are in love who am i to judge them and if they have a good home and are good people why cant they have a child atleast we know that child will be much more tolerent of differences right...i hope they are all very happy
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 4th, 2006 at 08:59am
Coff:
tre_cool_is_god:

What is the blood issue?

Jehovah's Witnesses do not accept blood transfusions. They believe blood transfusions are as bad as cannibalism. So if the child was ill and needed a simple blood transfusion to save his life the parents would have to allow him or her to die from want of a transfusion due to their religious beliefs.

Obviously they child they are adopting would be considered at risk even though the likelyhood is small. The people I know must have had used a surrogate mother...
This.Involved?
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
This.Involved?
January 4th, 2006 at 09:58am
It's illegal here *rolls eyes*
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 4th, 2006 at 11:27am
This.Involved?:

so it should be, it makes a mockery of hetrosexual marriages.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 4th, 2006 at 11:56am
tre_cool_is_god:
This.Involved?:

Making a mockerey of heterosexual marriage, you say?

I don't see how civil partnerships can possibly make marriage any more of a mockerey than it is all ready.

Homosexuals are people too. They deserve the same rights as us, the same lives as us and the same relationships as us.

In any case, I don't think heterosexual people have the right to be married either.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 4th, 2006 at 12:19pm
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
This.Involved?:

I don't see how civil partnerships can possibly make marriage any more of a mockerey than it is all ready.

Homosexuals are people too. They deserve the same rights as us, the same lives as us and the same relationships as us.

In any case, I don't think heterosexual people have the right to be married either.

of course they have the right!!
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 4th, 2006 at 12:25pm
tre_cool_is_god:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
This.Involved?:

of course they have the right!!

No they don't. Nobody gave it to them...

(Do not say God.)
Register