Same sex marriages!

AuthorMessage
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 4th, 2006 at 02:01pm
I think same sex marriage is fine, I couldn't give a fuck about it.
But adoption is slightly different, because on the one hand, yes homosexuals ARE people too and they should be able to have kids...but I know I wouldn't want two dads, or two mums. And I'm not homophobic, I just think it's slightly strange.

I believe in general, everyone is better off with a mum AND dad.
Just like as if
Jackass
Just like as if
January 4th, 2006 at 03:01pm
Go ahead, it's not the same thing anyways, but it's good that they get all the advatages marriage brings. I can't see why they would want to get married though. It's legal here, which is fine.
TresFine
King For A Couple Of Days
TresFine
January 4th, 2006 at 10:02pm
its there choice
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
January 5th, 2006 at 04:11am
About the adoption thing, or any kids by homosexual couples:
In my opinon, If you love the child there shoulden't be any problem.
If your parents are two men, Will you call them strange? Will you not love them?
No because that's your parents and that's how you were raised. So be it.
And for those who think it's weird for any homosexual parents,
Just worry about yours. They're not your parents anyway.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 5th, 2006 at 05:27am
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
This.Involved?:
It's illegal here *rolls eyes*

so it should be, it makes a mockery of hetrosexual marriages.

Making a mockerey of heterosexual marriage, you say?

I don't see how civil partnerships can possibly make marriage any more of a mockerey than it is all ready.

Homosexuals are people too. They deserve the same rights as us, the same lives as us and the same relationships as us.

In any case, I don't think heterosexual people have the right to be married either.

of course they have the right!!

No they don't. Nobody gave it to them...

(Do not say God.)

then i can't disscuss it with some one who wont let me give my block answer to that question.

Because it is quoted in the bible that MAN and WOMAN should be man and wife and to bare children, (well in fact he say's to be plentyful and fruitfull)
DateLine
Idiot
DateLine
January 5th, 2006 at 06:29am
I don't have a problem with it at all. Nor with the adoption side.

In Australia, on Play School (Kids learning show) they have a part where they show somethign kids do and stuff...and one day for this kid who ever it was narates and his story was
"Today me and my mums are going to the zoo"
Or something to that equivelent, and it was all over the news for a while.
I know people who have two mum's and two dads, but not through adoption just through there parents marrying, but then later coming out as gay. They don't mind..I think its cool in a way.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 5th, 2006 at 08:37am
tre_cool_is_god:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
This.Involved?:

I don't see how civil partnerships can possibly make marriage any more of a mockerey than it is all ready.

Homosexuals are people too. They deserve the same rights as us, the same lives as us and the same relationships as us.

In any case, I don't think heterosexual people have the right to be married either.

(Do not say God.)

then i can't disscuss it with some one who wont let me give my block answer to that question.

I'm sorry, but you cannot use 'God' as a standing point in a discussion with me.

I have never seen, felt, heard, or spoken to God. Thus, he does not exist.

I have never seen, felt, heard, or spoken to a Leprechaun. Therefore, Leprechauns do not exist.

Using 'God' or his opinions is about as credible as telling me Leprechauns gave man and woman the right to be married. As is the bible, for you do not know who it was written by or what their intentions were.

Basically, Heterosexual people have no right to be married, no-one to my knowlegde, gave it to them. I'm not saying they shouldn't. But people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones and go around saying 'But homosexuals have no right to be married'.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 5th, 2006 at 09:01am
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
This.Involved?:

(Do not say God.)

I'm sorry, but you cannot use 'God' as a standing point in a discussion with me.

I have never seen, felt, heard, or spoken to a Leprechaun. Therefore, Leprechauns do not exist.

Using 'God' or his opinions is about as credible as telling me Leprechauns gave man and woman the right to be married. As is the bible, for you do not know who it was written by or what their intentions were.

Basically, Heterosexual people have no right to be married, no-one to my knowlegde, gave it to them. I'm not saying they shouldn't. But people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones and go around saying 'But homosexuals have no right to be married'.

can i ask you bloodraine do you believe in Guardian angels??

And for the topic i have a son who is bi sexual and he knows and excepts my views on homosexual marrage.
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
January 5th, 2006 at 09:17am
i don't really ćare.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 5th, 2006 at 11:09am
iplayguitar:
i don't really ćare.

Well thats a great way to kill the debating Cool
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 5th, 2006 at 11:15am
tre_cool_is_god:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
This.Involved?:

Leprechauns do not exist.

(Do not say God.)

I have never seen, felt, heard, or spoken to a Leprechaun. Therefore,

can i ask you bloodraine do you believe in Guardian angels??

And for the topic i have a son who is bi sexual and he knows and excepts my views on homosexual marrage.

Perosanally? No. Like I said, If I cannot prove the existance of something, then I cannot believe in it. It is a nice thought to have though...

Knowing and accepting something doesn't mean you have to like it either. Cool. Basically, I still think there is a need for some kind of legalized partnership for gay people.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 5th, 2006 at 11:20am
Bloodraine:
iplayguitar:
i don't really ćare.

Well thats a great way to kill the debating Cool

without sounding like a idiot here right i would like to share a little story with you its a true story,

me and my husband were at the dedication of the mormon temple in London and we were all ushered into this little room and both myself and my husband saw a vision of us getting blessed in the temple, with a bright shining light around us and we both felt at ease and comfortable, now i am not saying that that was god but why did we see that then and not outside?

And by the way i have now been excommunicated from the church and i now longer go, due to me at the views clashing.
+Brain-Stew+
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
+Brain-Stew+
January 6th, 2006 at 12:00am
I reckon Lmao
billie,blood,sex
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
billie,blood,sex
January 6th, 2006 at 02:39am
I think its ok for a gay couple to have a child but they must think of the how hard its gonna be on a child being raised a in a world that looks down upon homosexuals. there are going to be many obsticles being gay and raising a child but it is possible. so as long as a gay couple can provide a good home and enviorment for a child its ok by me. either way, a child will love his/her parent no matter what.
*edgar allen poe*
"The Raven"
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 6th, 2006 at 07:56am
DirtyLittleSecret:
I reckon Lmao

Pardon?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 6th, 2006 at 09:39am
DirtyLittleSecret:
I reckon Lmao

i think that your laughing at me when you say LMAO!!! Youo dont know what happened you weren't there and anyway that was just mine and my husbands expierience, what i was meaning to say was that you cant just dismiss the church. It is good for some people to have somthing to believe in, and if you took that away from them then they will have nothing.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 6th, 2006 at 05:09pm
tre_cool_is_god:
DirtyLittleSecret:
I reckon Lmao

i think that your laughing at me when you say LMAO!!! Youo dont know what happened you weren't there and anyway that was just mine and my husbands expierience, what i was meaning to say was that you cant just dismiss the church. It is good for some people to have somthing to believe in, and if you took that away from them then they will have nothing.
Well, if you take crack away from some people they have nothing, too. Doesn't mean crack's a good thing...

Not to diss Christianity or anything (I've done that enough, but not today), but I'm not a big fan of blind faith in a big man that says you should discriminate against your fellow humans based on gender and sexual orientation. I'd start to be okay with the Bible if they took out Leviticus, but...no.

If you don't mind my asking, why were you excommunicated from the church? You seem pretty hardcore Christian to me.
redc
Jackass
redc
January 6th, 2006 at 07:53pm
After reading all 7 pages of this I am absolutely stunned at the narrow-mindness of Tre_cool_is_god.

Firstly, here in Canada - same sex marriage is legal, and I do believe they have been granted the same "governmental" rights as heterosexuals...and rightful so. I don't care what you do and with who - love is love, and they have the right to marry. And yes, some have taken place within churchs here.

Secondly, I can not believe the ludicrous idea that a girl needs a mom and a boy needs a dad. That's pathetic. What a child needs is a loving, protective, supportive, understanding, compassiate home - whether that is with a mom & dad, a dad & dad, a mom & mom, a mom or just a dad. I find it insulting to all single parents out there that you think like this...and disrespectful. And to say things like "which one would be the mom", how ignorant are you?!

And if it is two dads raising a girl, I am sure that they will be prepared to discuss all physical issues with her. And vice versa for two moms raising a boy. I know and have known many homosexual men & women in my life and honestly they would make better parents than some of my heterosexual friends. And they would NEVER consider a child a "fashion" statement.

Just because you choose to live in a narrow-minded world don't assume that these children will too.

Homosexual couples have my blessing to get married, same rights as heterosexuals and adopt children - and I would much rather have a child in a loving home than stuck in the cycle of foster care or an orphanage.

Edit = And I have to say that for someone who believes in God, I find it odd that you use his "name" so willy-nilly..."tre_cool_is_god"...mmm...of course on a lighter side, that could explain the universe.
TheFaggot
TheFaggot
January 6th, 2006 at 08:00pm
I think that it depends on the couple- just as it is supposed to depend on straight couples... Nowadays, many people don't stop and think before they get married.
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
January 7th, 2006 at 01:53am
you just can't tell, can you.
I mean, if you adopt a kid and bring it up in a same-sex relationship environment they might grow up to be okay with it
But they might have a really intolerant nature and turn out homophobic instead
Personally I wouldn't like it, I like having a mum and dad, not two of each. But I don't know what it's like to be an orphan or abandoned, I guess it'd be better than having nobody...
Register