AuthorMessage
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 12th, 2006 at 12:01pm
Bloodraine:
NeoSteph:
you were 4, in my opinion thats to young, if you tell a child something like that your putting pressure on them to understand, when really they should be given there innocence for a little while.

Should he at 6 know that and how homosexuales make love or should i have the right not to tell him yet, you tell

I don't feel a 6 year old could understand that. I think all children have this built understanding method when it comes to understanding different types of relationships, but not the sexual part.

I did ask...Not like it was forced upon me. It isn't like my parents to try and fob me off with excuses...I think they'd rather I knew from the beginning than picked up a garbled version from the school playground.

Never did me any harm, then again, you have to take that chance. My parents took the chance, it paid off and they were obviously right to do so.

well then you were a very mature 4 year old, i the other hand would of gone eewww and ran aroud the playground tellign everyone, and i'm sure i'm not the only one who would of done that.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
January 12th, 2006 at 12:59pm
NeoSteph:
Bloodraine:
NeoSteph:
you were 4, in my opinion thats to young, if you tell a child something like that your putting pressure on them to understand, when really they should be given there innocence for a little while.

Should he at 6 know that and how homosexuales make love or should i have the right not to tell him yet, you tell

I don't feel a 6 year old could understand that. I think all children have this built understanding method when it comes to understanding different types of relationships, but not the sexual part.

I did ask...Not like it was forced upon me. It isn't like my parents to try and fob me off with excuses...I think they'd rather I knew from the beginning than picked up a garbled version from the school playground.

Never did me any harm, then again, you have to take that chance. My parents took the chance, it paid off and they were obviously right to do so.

well then you were a very mature 4 year old, i the other hand would of gone eewww and ran aroud the playground tellign everyone, and i'm sure i'm not the only one who would of done that.

I think it is better the tell children from a young age, I found out about all that sort of stuff when I was five, but it wasn't my parents who told me, I found out from other kids at school and things I saw on TV.
I'm actually a little hurt that I had to find out that way, for a long time I felt as if my parents didn't care enough about me to bother telling me all these things that other people's parents had.
You might think your doing the best thing by your kid(s) but you have to ask yourself will they see it that way.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
January 12th, 2006 at 03:15pm
it's not over whether or not gays should have rights
they can file all the stuff with their lawyers to get the exact same rights as any married couple
you want your partner to have your stuff when you die, if you want them to have say in what happens to you if you are seriously injured and in the hospital....all this stuff is solved with a call to the lawyer

"marriage" is a religious process, just like Jews made Bar Mizfahs and said it was soley theirs, they made marrige and said it is only for a man and a woman

seriously, what is the difference other than the title of "married"?
they can arrange anything with a lawyer (which you do when you are married too

some one tell me the difference
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 12th, 2006 at 04:37pm
spill_no_sick:
they can file all the stuff with their lawyers to get the exact same rights as any married couple
you want your partner to have your stuff when you die, if you want them to have say in what happens to you if you are seriously injured and in the hospital....all this stuff is solved with a call to the lawyer

"marriage" is a religious process, just like Jews made Bar Mizfahs and said it was soley theirs, they made marrige and said it is only for a man and a woman

"Marriage" is not a religious process - "wedding" is religious, marriage is not. Marriage is a legal union, that thing that allows my husband to decide whether they will let me die of support me with tupes and machines for the next 30 years, and all that shit. Having a marriage certificate does not require being wed at the church. So, it's not religious anymore.
So, I see no problem with issueing a marriage certificate to a gay couple. Why would that shit bother religious people? 'Cuz they made up the word "marriage"? Confused

If I ended up with a partner that is of the same sex as me - I would want to be married. Why would I not have the right to be married? Am I a worse human being because I'm gay? Why do they take the right away from me? Just tell me the reason? Just because someone said "marriage" is between a man and a woman? One would hope we've evolved enough to understand that that statement is severely outdated.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 12th, 2006 at 04:56pm
tre_cool_is_god:
Faith:
tre_cool_is_god:

And who made you judge, jury and executioner?

Emm..common sense? Heard of it?

Having an opinion is great. Spreading hate is a different story.

common sense sure i've heard of it and i am not spreading hate i just mearly think that homosexuals shouldnt be allowed to adopt and have the right to marry, what theydo and who they do it with is of no concern of mine i just have children that who for the time being do not need to kow about homosexuality seeing that my youngest is only 6, so should i taech him all about it, at that age some one please tell me because whatever i say is wrong.

Should he at 6 know that and how homosexuales make love or should i have the right not to tell him yet, you tell me how to bring him up, go on, why dont you because you can't.

You seem to like asking questions and then answering them yourself...I wonder why that is... Afraid of the answer?
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 13th, 2006 at 03:06pm
Faith:
spill_no_sick:

"Marriage" is not a religious process - "wedding" is religious, marriage is not. Marriage is a legal union, that thing that allows my husband to decide whether they will let me die of support me with tupes and machines for the next 30 years, and all that shit. Having a marriage certificate does not require being wed at the church. So, it's not religious anymore.
So, I see no problem with issueing a marriage certificate to a gay couple. Why would that shit bother religious people? 'Cuz they made up the word "marriage"? Confused

If I ended up with a partner that is of the same sex as me - I would want to be married. Why would I not have the right to be married? Am I a worse human being because I'm gay? Why do they take the right away from me? Just tell me the reason? Just because someone said "marriage" is between a man and a woman? One would hope we've evolved enough to understand that that statement is severely outdated.
that said nothing other than people have altered marriage over time
it is still religious, even if they no longer have the power to decide who gets married

when it was created it was for man and woman, and had no legal rights attatched to it

THAT is marriage
if you think that it is all about legal privelages than you have a wrong definition of marriage
over time married couples have asked for those rights so much that the rights are now given to them (just because it makes sense

now, homosexuals want the same rights as married couples; tell me: what rights are they being denied that a lawyer cannot fix!!!!!!!!!

please don't reply by telling me the same thing I've heard before; it never has meant anything to me, it never will
it is
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 13th, 2006 at 03:18pm
spill_no_sick:
it is still religious, even if they no longer have the power to decide who gets married

when it was created it was for man and woman, and had no legal rights attatched to it

THAT is marriage
if you think that it is all about legal privelages than you have a wrong definition of marriage
over time married couples have asked for those rights so much that the rights are now given to them (just because it makes sense

now, homosexuals want the same rights as married couples; tell me: what rights are they being denied that a lawyer cannot fix!!!!!!!!!

please don't reply by telling me the same thing I've heard before; it never has meant anything to me, it never will
it is

...I didn't quite understand that, especially the last paragraph. There is a clear difference between 'Marriage' (The legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife. Absolutely no mention of Religion here.)

And 'Civil Union' (A legally recognized and voluntary union of adult parties of the same sex. No religion again.)

Like I said, I didn't really understand your post...I'm probably on autopilot tonight but would you possibly mind making it a little clearer to me?
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 13th, 2006 at 03:30pm
Bloodraine:
spill_no_sick:

THAT is marriage

it is

...I didn't quite understand that, especially the last paragraph. There is a clear difference between 'Marriage' (The legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife. Absolutely no mention of Religion here.)

And 'Civil Union' (A legally recognized and voluntary union of adult parties of the same sex. No religion again.)

Like I said, I didn't really understand your post...I'm probably on autopilot tonight but would you possibly mind making it a little clearer to me?
marriage was created by Jews (or another religious group, though Jews are credited) so it's like saying that marriage (man and woman profess their love and promise to stay together forever and raise children) is a right.....but then so would Bar Mitzfahs
when marriage was created it was for a man and woman (as opposed to Bar Mitzfahs which are only for Jews)

that is the religious side of marriage
the legal side is getting the rights you greedy Americans cannot live without even if you get a divorce three years later
say Bloodraine is in the hospital, but she never married because she's a lesbian (just hypothetical), she might not be able to decide whether or not she lives, if her lover had worked this out with their lawyer before she became ill, then her lesbian lover would be able to decide
if Bloodraine dies suddenly and she didn't leave a living will (which if you're old enough to get married but you don't have a will SHAME ON YOU!) her lesbian lover could have worked it out with the lawyer already

you can get probably all of married couples rights without being married
seriously, I'm not aware of a right you can't have without calling your lawyer (my dad's a lawyer out of practice, he hasn't come across something you can't have without calling a lawyer)
darkmagick1002
Geek
darkmagick1002
January 13th, 2006 at 03:43pm
spill_no_sick:
Faith:
spill_no_sick:

THAT is marriage

it is

There's one detail that you are missing. Gays and Lesbians should not have to get a lawyer if heterosexuals do not have to get a lawyer. Love is love. And most politicians and hardcore religious people don't fully understand that (please excuse me if you are one that falls under that group and are offended; I said MOST) Getting a lawyer and going to court costs money. And most heterosexuals don't know what it's like to be in a relationship and not have the promise to getting married. In my opinion If marriage is a legal issue (which it is) then it should be legal for homosexuals
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 13th, 2006 at 03:47pm
darkmagick1002:
spill_no_sick:
Faith:
spill_no_sick:

THAT is marriage

it is

There's one detail that you are missing. Gays and Lesbians should not have to get a lawyer if heterosexuals do not have to get a lawyer. Love is love. And most politicians and hardcore religious people don't fully understand that (please excuse me if you are one that falls under that group and are offended; I said MOST) Getting a lawyer and going to court costs money. And most heterosexuals don't know what it's like to be in a relationship and not have the promise to getting married. In my opinion If marriage is a legal issue (which it is) then it should be legal for homosexuals
you have to consult a lawyer with most marriges, you also have to drop a ton of cash for the wedding ceremony

again, marriage has rights attatched, not the other way around
so if you're homosexual, I'm sorry, but you have to get the rights seperate

here's the only example I can think of now
say I want the toys in a Burger King meal, I'm too old to get them from there, so I have to buy them seperate
it may seem like a hassle, but if I want the toy enough it's what I have to do
Kitti
Kitti
January 13th, 2006 at 03:51pm
spill_no_sick:
darkmagick1002:
spill_no_sick:
Faith:
spill_no_sick:

THAT is marriage

it is

you have to consult a lawyer with most marriges, you also have to drop a ton of cash for the wedding ceremony

say I want the toys in a Burger King meal, I'm too old to get them from there, so I have to buy them seperate

Marriage is a legal contract and a basic human right according to the UN. Therefore regardless of sexuality, an adult should be able to marry whomsoever they choose.
darkmagick1002
Geek
darkmagick1002
January 13th, 2006 at 03:58pm
spill_no_sick:
darkmagick1002:
spill_no_sick:
Faith:
spill_no_sick:

THAT is marriage

it is

oh....ok i see where you're coming from, but the reason why you need a lawyer for heterosexual marriages is for the marriage liscence (sp?) and there isn't much of a hassle and you have a peaceful marriage. but if you're homosexual you get hassled and there's fighting involved, and there might be rioters at your wedding

oh and to your example
you can get the kids meal, but the meal won't be satisfying
yes marriage has rights but so do people
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 13th, 2006 at 04:03pm
darkmagick1002:
spill_no_sick:
darkmagick1002:
spill_no_sick:
Faith:
spill_no_sick:

THAT is marriage

it is

oh....ok i see where you're coming from, but the reason why you need a lawyer for heterosexual marriages is for the marriage liscence (sp?) and there isn't much of a hassle and you have a peaceful marriage. but if you're homosexual you get hassled and there's fighting involved, and there might be rioters at your wedding

oh and to your example
you're misleading
if there's no hassle for heterosexuals and lawyers then why is there with homosexuals?
and why would people riot at homosexuals getting rights?
those are two things that are basic human flaw and human descrimination, so they have no part in a discussion on what the gavernment should do
darkmagick1002
Geek
darkmagick1002
January 13th, 2006 at 04:06pm
spill_no_sick:
darkmagick1002:
spill_no_sick:
darkmagick1002:
spill_no_sick:
Faith:
spill_no_sick:

THAT is marriage

it is

oh and to your example
you're misleading
if there's no hassle for heterosexuals and lawyers then why is there with homosexuals?
those are two things that are basic human flaw and human descrimination, so they have no part in a discussion on what the gavernment should do

they would riot because its against the "Lord's Will" and is supposedly a mortal sin as people are beginning to say
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 13th, 2006 at 04:11pm
darkmagick1002:
spill_no_sick:
darkmagick1002:
spill_no_sick:
darkmagick1002:
spill_no_sick:
Faith:
spill_no_sick:

THAT is marriage

it is

oh and to your example
you're misleading

they would riot because its against the "Lord's Will" and is supposedly a mortal sin as people are beginning to say
now that's a stupid argument
it isn't a mortal sin, all sins are equal, if you hear otherwise they didn't get it from the Bible
and still, the government isn't sending redneck assholes to fight off gays who want rights

seriously, do you think that the government has control over that
Kitti
Kitti
January 13th, 2006 at 04:14pm
spill_no_sick:
darkmagick1002:
spill_no_sick:
darkmagick1002:
spill_no_sick:
darkmagick1002:
spill_no_sick:
Faith:
spill_no_sick:

THAT is marriage

it is

oh and to your example
you're misleading

now that's a stupid argument
it isn't a mortal sin, all sins are equal, if you hear otherwise they didn't get it from the Bible
and still, the government isn't sending redneck assholes to fight off gays who want rights

seriously, do you think that the government has control over that
NO! They don't and that makes me SMILE!!!!! And they can't because it would be a really BIG violation of the UN bill of human rights and that would be BAD.
Maybe I've had a little too much exposure to Holocaust shit this week. I was practically dancing as I was typing that. Weeeiiiird...
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 13th, 2006 at 04:15pm
O.O
Quotes guys..
Kitti
Kitti
January 13th, 2006 at 04:17pm
Oh. Oops...
Do that without realizing sometimes...
Embarassed
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 13th, 2006 at 04:20pm
well
how come these discussions always end?
it's always the same topic
Kitti
Kitti
January 13th, 2006 at 04:22pm
In the end, is anything really different from anything else?
Register