Same sex marriages!

AuthorMessage
Brendon Urie..
King For A Couple Of Days
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 18th, 2007 at 12:36am
Two measures will go to Oregon’s state senate, one proposing domestic partnerships for same-sex couples and another providing discrimination protections for LGBT people. According to The Oregonian, the bills were approved Tuesday by the house and are expected to pass through the senate and on to Gov. Ted Kulongoski's desk, who is expected to sign them.

South San Francisco High School was vandalized with racist and homophobic graffiti just before a weeklong celebration of diversity was scheduled to take place. Radio station KCBS quoted a student as saying, "There was Nazi symbols on some teachers' doors, there was the Star of David circled and then crossed out. There were a couple Bible verses, which I found personally offensive. On the side of the gym there was a big hand spray-painted with the middle finger sticking up saying 'Day of Silence This.'
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 18th, 2007 at 07:55am
Kurtni:

Alright, before Nick's someone's head explodes and he kills someone, I'll try explaining this... I'll even you emoticons and pretty colors to keep peoples interest ~~

Alright, so check this out:

Marriage is... a RELIGIOUS tradition. Now, in case that confuses people, I'll elaborate, this means that it originated as something the church did. This religion considers homosexuality a Sin. This is where the conflict begins.
So, now, in modern times, marriage is important to culture. You recieve government benifits for being married. ZOMG WTF NO WAY.Horor Now, lets put two and two together. Marriage is a religious practce, and you get government benifits for it, which means you recieve government benifits for practicing a certain religion. omgno
This, for the purpose of the US, is unconstitutional. Seperation of Church and state should make this illegal, but it's not, and honestly, I don't see it ever changing, ever. Cheese

Now, this also brings up the issue "but atheist straight people and agnostic people can get married." This is another reason why its unfair. They support the morals of the Church, in this case, so they are allowed to be married. Lame.

Now, gay People can have civil partnerships, but they are not the equivilant of marriage. Civil unions, as of now, are not a federal issue in the case of the United States, it's a state government issue, and the state government decides which benifits they give. this means if a Gay couple had a civil Union, and wanted to move to a differnet state, their partnership is no longer valid, as if they were a straight married couple, it would be. This also means that Gay People could never recieve federal marriage benifits, such as being able to file joint income taxes. The two are not equal.

Now, if you want gay marriage to be legalized because you want equality for all, you are a crazy brainwashed liberal (no offence meg, not all liberals are crazy Psycho ) By making it legal, you are degrading religious morals, and people who practice that religion. By keeping it illegal, you are discriminating againt gay people. Rope

Now, how you think this should be handled is up to you really. If you think gay marriage is more important, then you might be ok with degrading the church and taking away their rights. If you think the church should be dominant, then you're denying to people to express their love for each other. The choice is yours really, the debate here is can you set aside your own personal goals and think about what's best for all of society. Personally, I'd prefer to have equality for all
My solution:

Eliminate marriage from all government related things. You should recieve no federal benifits because you practice a religion, and your sexuality shouldn't give you the right to tramp all over church morals either. Wouldn't it be better to change civil partnerships, make it a national policy, and have everyone be treated equally? I think so.

Now, I think Americans are a bunch of stubborn bastards, and we will never do away with marriage. Maybe it can work somewhere else, but Im not idealistic enough to think it will ever work here, at least anytime soon. When Im president I'll work on this Coffee
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 18th, 2007 at 10:26am
Kurtni:
Kurtni:

Alright, before Nick's someone's head explodes and he kills someone, I'll try explaining this... I'll even you emoticons and pretty colors to keep peoples interest ~~

Alright, so check this out:

Marriage is... a RELIGIOUS tradition. Now, in case that confuses people, I'll elaborate, this means that it originated as something the church did. This religion considers homosexuality a Sin. This is where the conflict begins.
So, now, in modern times, marriage is important to culture. You recieve government benifits for being married. ZOMG WTF NO WAY.Horor Now, lets put two and two together. Marriage is a religious practce, and you get government benifits for it, which means you recieve government benifits for practicing a certain religion. omgno
This, for the purpose of the US, is unconstitutional. Seperation of Church and state should make this illegal, but it's not, and honestly, I don't see it ever changing, ever. Cheese

Now, this also brings up the issue "but atheist straight people and agnostic people can get married." This is another reason why its unfair. They support the morals of the Church, in this case, so they are allowed to be married. Lame.

Now, gay People can have civil partnerships, but they are not the equivilant of marriage. Civil unions, as of now, are not a federal issue in the case of the United States, it's a state government issue, and the state government decides which benifits they give. this means if a Gay couple had a civil Union, and wanted to move to a differnet state, their partnership is no longer valid, as if they were a straight married couple, it would be. This also means that Gay People could never recieve federal marriage benifits, such as being able to file joint income taxes. The two are not equal.

Now, if you want gay marriage to be legalized because you want equality for all, you are a crazy brainwashed liberal (no offence meg, not all liberals are crazy Psycho ) By making it legal, you are degrading religious morals, and people who practice that religion. By keeping it illegal, you are discriminating againt gay people. Rope

Now, how you think this should be handled is up to you really. If you think gay marriage is more important, then you might be ok with degrading the church and taking away their rights. If you think the church should be dominant, then you're denying to people to express their love for each other. The choice is yours really, the debate here is can you set aside your own personal goals and think about what's best for all of society. Personally, I'd prefer to have equality for all
My solution:

Eliminate marriage from all government related things. You should recieve no federal benifits because you practice a religion, and your sexuality shouldn't give you the right to tramp all over church morals either. Wouldn't it be better to change civil partnerships, make it a national policy, and have everyone be treated equally? I think so.

Now, I think Americans are a bunch of stubborn bastards, and we will never do away with marriage. Maybe it can work somewhere else, but Im not idealistic enough to think it will ever work here, at least anytime soon. When Im president I'll work on this Coffee
I don't know if the speech was good, or the colours make me happy, but I'll applaud either way.
Clap
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 18th, 2007 at 03:59pm
Meski:
Homosexual people are nice, they're not something from another planet, they're people who like the people of their own gender.

not allhomosexuals are nice, some are in fact just has bad and horrible has straight people
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 18th, 2007 at 06:41pm
Lucifers Angel:
Meski:
Homosexual people are nice, they're not something from another planet, they're people who like the people of their own gender.

not allhomosexuals are nice, some are in fact just has bad and horrible has straight people

Rolling Eyes You can't judge a person's personality based on their sexuality. That's just ignorant.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 18th, 2007 at 06:42pm
Anji:
I don't know if the speech was good, or the colours make me happy, but I'll applaud either way.
Clap

lmfao maybe it was that cute little sheep on the bike that makes it applause worthy.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 18th, 2007 at 06:48pm
The mayor and half the city council of Madison, Wis., denounced the state's new ban on same-sex marriage Tuesday by adding a strongly worded statement to their oath of office.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 19th, 2007 at 07:05am
lmfao this debate question just popped into my mind as I woke up this morning and I thought it would be fun and lighthearted to discuss.

Popular computer game The Sims 2 allows same gender people to be 'joined' and they can adpot kids. Woo!, right?
Opposite gender couples can be married (although it isn't a religious ceremony) and they can adopt kids or have them through sex.

What does everybody think about that?
Is it a good representation of real life, is it fair, or would you, personally, ban your kids from playing such a blasphemous computer game? ~~
Plus, in the sims, men can get pregnant if they get abducted by aliens. This violates the laws of science, so why can't in-game gay people have biological kids too? homophobia, or just being realistic?
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
April 19th, 2007 at 08:38am
I think it's realistic. Ah

...not the men pregnant by alien thing. Shifty
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 19th, 2007 at 08:38am
Bloodraine:
lmfao this debate question just popped into my mind as I woke up this morning and I thought it would be fun and lighthearted to discuss.

Popular computer game The Sims 2 allows same gender people to be 'joined' and they can adpot kids. Woo!, right?
Opposite gender couples can be married (although it isn't a religious ceremony) and they can adopt kids or have them through sex.

Is it a good representation of real life, is it fair, or would you, personally, ban your kids from playing such a blasphemous computer game? ~~
Plus, in the sims, men can get pregnant if they get abducted by aliens. This violates the laws of science, so why can't in-game gay people have biological kids too? homophobia, or just being realistic?

I can't reply to this without giggling to myself.

I think the whole alien abduction thing is supposed to be all science fiction and not so much about men being pregnant, the whole same sex marriage Well in most country's it's not acceptable to sims it merely trying to affect reality. Plus i can imagine the protesters if instead of them being able to marry and little message popped up saying ''your sim can't marry he's gay OMFG''
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 19th, 2007 at 10:01am
Bloodraine:

Con My Dujo sim got pregnant by Aliens. I have no problem with it. I know some people parents who found out about sim same-sex couples and freaked out though.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 19th, 2007 at 11:13am
Kurtni:
Bloodraine:

Con My Dujo sim got pregnant by Aliens. I have no problem with it. I know some people parents who found out about sim same-sex couples and freaked out though.
Mine would. I have a lesbian couple and I always play them when they aren't at home.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 19th, 2007 at 03:40pm
New Hampshire Governor John Lynch said Thursday he will sign legislation establishing civil unions for gay couples in New Hampshire. ''I believe it is a matter of conscience, fairness, and preventing discrimination,'' Lynch told The Associated Press in Concord, the state capital.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 20th, 2007 at 06:52pm
Religious protesters suspected of bombing WorldPride route in Jerusalem

A bomb in Jerusalem exploded Friday near the route of this year’s gay pride parade route, injuring a worker near the West Bank separation fence. His tractor ran over the explosive. Police suspect that ultra-Orthodox Jews may have planted a bomb near the route out of protest of the parade taking place, according to Haaretz.com.

Flyers protesting the parade were found at the site of the blast. Last year’s parade was postponed from August until November after threats of violence from ultra-Orthodox protesters. The leaflets condemn last year's WorldPride march in Jerusalem and advocate against holding future marches in the capital.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
April 21st, 2007 at 01:17pm
Kurtni:
Lucifers Angel:
Meski:

Rolling Eyes You can't judge a person's personality based on their sexuality. That's just ignorant.

Well, that's the point that Angel just made. Saying that "gay people are nice!" is just as ignorant as saying that "gay people are mean!" As you say, sexuality has no bearing on anything except...well, sexuality.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 22nd, 2007 at 11:36am
The Oregon state senate passed a bill that bans discrimination against gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people in employment, housing, and public accommodations. After a 19–7 vote in the senate, the Oregon Equality Act now goes to the desk of Gov. Ted Kulongoski, who is expected to sign the bill into law.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 23rd, 2007 at 07:11pm
Washington State governor Chris Gregoire signed into law Saturday in Olympia a measure to create domestic partnerships, giving gay and lesbian couples some of the same rights that come with marriage.

The law creates a domestic-partnership registry and provides enhanced rights for same-sex couples, including hospital visitation rights, the ability to authorize autopsies and organ donations, and inheritance rights when there is no will.

''It offers the hope that one day, all lesbian and gay families will be treated truly equal under the law,'' said state senator Ed Murray, who is one of five openly gay lawmakers in the legislature.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 24th, 2007 at 06:37pm
New York governor Eliot Spitzer, fulfilling a campaign pledge, said he will soon introduce a bill to legalize same-sex marriage in the state, The New York Times reported.

"We will not ask whether this proposition of legalizing same-sex marriage is popular or unpopular; we will not ask if it's hard or easy; we will simply ask if it's right or wrong," Spitzer, then New York's attorney general, told an Empire State Pride Agenda fund-raiser crowd in October.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 25th, 2007 at 01:57pm
I have a question that concerns marriage and government. In America, do you get legal benefits from the state only if you get married in church or do you have to make a state marriage as well? Because I did some research and in Croatia if you get married in church only it doesn't count. You have to have a state marriage to get legal benefits and of course, if you are religious, you can get married in church, but it doesn't really matter with the government. And you cant get married in church before you get a state marriage. I think that is fair. Of course I don't believe that same sex marriages will get legalized in Croatia any time soon. Especially when I hear what our politicians say about it Rolling Eyes
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 25th, 2007 at 06:53pm
Dr. Cuddy:
I have a question that concerns marriage and government. In America, do you get legal benefits from the state only if you get married in church or do you have to make a state marriage as well? Because I did some research and in Croatia if you get married in church only it doesn't count. You have to have a state marriage to get legal benefits and of course, if you are religious, you can get married in church, but it doesn't really matter with the government. And you cant get married in church before you get a state marriage. I think that is fair. Of course I don't believe that same sex marriages will get legalized in Croatia any time soon. Especially when I hear what our politicians say about it Rolling Eyes

You have to get a marriage license in America to be considered married. Any couple, straight or gay.
The problem, of course, is that gays can't get that license in most states.
What happens in the church is simply a ceremony.
Register