spill_no_sick
January 28th, 2007 at 10:12pm
druscilla_nesser:
spill_no_sick:
Bloodraine:
spill_no_sick:
a. I would never call you conservative
you're a parrot
you aren't supposed to manipulate facts to make your opinion seem valid, you should have a valid opinion because you based it on facts
I could say the world is flat and find stuff that works for that, but the evidence shows me that it isn't flat

Do all opinions need to be based on facts?
You're a Christian; you believe on God. Not out of facts, I'd imagine, since there is no such fact to say God exists or doesn't exist. But I think you believe anyway because your conscience/heart/brain tells you God exists. And I don't think that just because that opinion isn't based on facts, doesn't make it less valid.

I think the best opinions come from the heart; the ones that don't subject to mathematical reasoning, but the opinions that just seem right. And wouldn't seeing facts and basing your opinion on them be just as bad as 'parroting' anyway?

I mean, I'd rather a person believed something and then tried to find ('manipulate') facts to back it up than a person found a fact, agreed with it, and then based their opinion on it. In fact, the latter seems far more like being a parrot to me.
I didn't sat all opinions
but political opinions, yes
Opinions don't solely need to be based on facts.
They need to be based on what you feel and think.
If it's what you think, it's an opinion. If it's not what you think, then what the fuck are you babbling about?

you need to decide how to perceive the issue based on fact
what about the KKK
they grew up hearing that blacks are evil and they have very strong feelings towards it
all out of feeling
had they actually consulted everything that "proved" blacks to be evil, we'd have no more KKK

now we have liberals trying to change the rules that religion should control, because they don't exam all of the evidence first
instead, they form their opinion based on how they feel, and then find whatever sources help them out with that
in case you didn't know, that's how propaganda functions
Brendon Urie..
King For A Couple Of Days
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
January 28th, 2007 at 10:45pm
spill_no_sick:
now we have liberals trying to change the rules that religion should control, because they don't exam all of the evidence first
instead, they form their opinion based on how they feel, and then find whatever sources help them out with that
in case you didn't know, that's how propaganda functions

Religion should not control the government.
We have a separation of church and state.
You need to take your little Bible to your church and leave it there instead of bringing it into Congress.
It has no right there.
That is fact, derived from the Constitution.

Can you please stop making no sense now?
Iam2fly4u
Geek
Iam2fly4u
January 29th, 2007 at 07:16pm
Lucifers Angel:
I just heard on the radio that, homosexual couples will be able to marry in this country legally, and have the same rights as hetrosexual couples, and that they will be able to adopt children, do you all think this is right, i think that they should be able to marry but however i dont think that a same sex couple should be able to adopt children, i know that there are curcumstances like people getting married and then having children and deciding that they are homosexual, then i think that the children should stay with the better perant, i know this can be an emotive subject but i just wandered what you all thought of it.

A famous gay guy ( have forgoten his name) was on a TV program and he was asked would you ever adopt a child and he replied "no because i have chosen to live my life in a same sex relationship and i feel that, that isnt the best for a child"

Is he right or is he wrong?? Confused

Well, I think kids should know that it's okay to be gay.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
January 29th, 2007 at 07:19pm
Lucifers Angel:
I just heard on the radio that, homosexual couples will be able to marry in this country legally, and have the same rights as hetrosexual couples, and that they will be able to adopt children, do you all think this is right, i think that they should be able to marry but however i dont think that a same sex couple should be able to adopt children, i know that there are curcumstances like people getting married and then having children and deciding that they are homosexual, then i think that the children should stay with the better perant, i know this can be an emotive subject but i just wandered what you all thought of it.

A famous gay guy ( have forgoten his name) was on a TV program and he was asked would you ever adopt a child and he replied "no because i have chosen to live my life in a same sex relationship and i feel that, that isnt the best for a child"

Wrong.
What's right for a child is having parents who love him/her.
Sexual orientation has shit to do with it.
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
January 29th, 2007 at 07:59pm
druscilla_nesser:
Lucifers Angel:

Wrong.

he's not wrong, it's not even a right or wrong answer. it's a preference, and if he chooses not to adopt, his reason should be accepted because it's his choice. i'm all for same sex marriages and the adopting as well. as long as the parents provide both a fatherly figure and a motherly figure, the child would be raised just the same as everyone else.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
January 29th, 2007 at 08:26pm
Franny.:
druscilla_nesser:
Lucifers Angel:

Wrong.

he's not wrong, it's not even a right or wrong answer. it's a preference, and if he chooses not to adopt, his reason should be accepted because it's his choice. i'm all for same sex marriages and the adopting as well. as long as the parents provide both a fatherly figure and a motherly figure, the child would be raised just the same as everyone else.

He's wrong because he didn't specify that his words were meant only for himself.
And what do you mean by motherly and fatherly figure? A butch dyke and a femme dyke? A masculine queer and a femme queer?
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 29th, 2007 at 08:28pm
Franny.:
druscilla_nesser:
Lucifers Angel:

Wrong.

wrong topic
we have a homosexual parent thread
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 29th, 2007 at 10:09pm
i think if they so wish they should be able to..
finks_bitch
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
finks_bitch
January 30th, 2007 at 01:14pm
i think same sex people should marry they can be lovely people cos i know somebody who is gay and they are just great some idiots call him names but he is just the same as u and me
Franny.
Franny.
January 30th, 2007 at 02:44pm
spill_no_sick:
Franny.:

wrong topic
we have a homosexual parent thread

sorry, i was debating against the other poster and i got carried away.

question...how many countries allow same sex marriages at the moment?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 30th, 2007 at 02:56pm
Franny.:

Marriages;
Netherlands (goes without saying)
Belgium
Spain
Canada
South Africa

Unions;
Andorra, Australia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Israel, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom (aka England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland) and some states of America.

Of course, these unions offer varying status. For example, in Sweden, they have full adopting rights.

***All of this information was taken from Wikipedia. Lol. Con
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
January 30th, 2007 at 03:20pm
Bloodraine:
Franny.:

Marriages;
Netherlands (goes without saying)
Belgium
Spain
Canada
South Africa

Unions;
Andorra, Australia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Israel, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom (aka England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland) and some states of America.

Of course, these unions offer varying status. For example, in Sweden, they have full adopting rights.

***All of this information was taken from Wikipedia. Lol. Con
In Croatia one partner cant get social and health insurance of their partner, cant visit them in the intensive care in hospitals and cant inherit the house or apartments they lived together in. They cant share the property they earned together without proving they actually lived together.

[Information from a Croatian gay pride site]

But ( I read that on that site too) is that homosexuals have more of a problem with being accepted from other people then from the law. You can get your rights in the law, but you cant change how other people think and there will always be discrimination. Homosexual discrimination in Croatia is big, but the discrimination laws are weak.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
April 7th, 2007 at 08:22am
Okay, I felt the need to bring back this discussion.

I read in the news today that (Oh joy of joys) Disney has given the go-ahead to having same-sex weddings in their park.

...YAY...

Personally, I don't think any self-respecting person should have the desire to marry there

Your thoughts? Huzzah or wtf?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 7th, 2007 at 10:41am
Lady Lazerus:

Personally, I don't think any self-respecting person should have the desire to marry there

..Why not?O_O Disney World is like the most kick ass theme park in the entire world, it's something fun and different. I would live there tbh Coolio
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 7th, 2007 at 11:12am
Bloodraine:

Of course, these unions offer varying status.

US civil unions are a freaking joke. You recieve whatever benifits your state decides to give you, and you can't recieve any of the national benifits because the federal government refuses to take a stand.
wfougoafoihqfe
wfougoafoihqfe
April 7th, 2007 at 12:13pm
I think same sex marriages are fine. I support it completely.
(I also think same sex adoption is fine, as long as the baby is going to live with a loving caring family, and has a good future, why stop it?)
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 8th, 2007 at 12:01pm
i ahve no problem what so ever with homosexuality i dont think that civil unions and marrages are right, it makes a mochery of my marrage and marrages like mine,
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 9th, 2007 at 05:40pm
Lucifers Angel:
i ahve no problem what so ever with homosexuality i dont think that civil unions and marrages are right, it makes a mochery of my marrage and marrages like mine,

How?
By showing that a woman can love a woman?
How is it a mockery of marriage?
The Bachelor and Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire are mockeries of marriage.
But two people being in love and wanting to commit themselves to each other is not a mockery.
It's beautiful
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 02:37pm
The best maths teacher at my school is quitting after this year because the school which pays for other spouse's airfare won't pay for his 'life partner's'.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 02:42pm
Homosexual people are nice, they're not something from another planet, they're people who like the people of their own gender.
Register