Alcoholism

AuthorMessage
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
January 6th, 2006 at 06:40pm
Alcohol is so readily available... We take it for advantage, it's almost though teenagers believe you have to drink to be acctepted in todays society. And it most cases, you do.

Sure, I think people know what it's doing to them. But they don't like thinking that far in the future. They don't like thinking that bad things could happen to them, cos 'that only happens on TV'

Rolling Eyes
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 6th, 2006 at 06:49pm
Alcohol isnt a bad thing in moderation. It serves no healthful value and isnt nutritious at all. It can cause so many problems, it isnt smart to abuse something like that. The sad thing is, when soemone does abuse it, everyone around them gets caught up in it, they become violent and shut the rest of the world out and all they think about is where their next drink is coming from, not a plesant habitat for anyone to frequent.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 6th, 2006 at 07:37pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Alcohol isnt a bad thing in moderation. It serves no healthful value and isnt nutritious at all. It can cause so many problems, it isnt smart to abuse something like that. The sad thing is, when soemone does abuse it, everyone around them gets caught up in it, they become violent and shut the rest of the world out and all they think about is where their next drink is coming from, not a plesant habitat for anyone to frequent.

Nope, you don't care about life. All you care about is that drink and you will do anything to have it.
My dad used to hit my mum to get to his alcohol, like if she was stood infront of it. Not his fault though, he wasn't in his right mind at the time, but seeing that was just..fuck really. To see a grown man in sheer desperation, it's upsetting.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
January 6th, 2006 at 07:49pm
~ Christie ~:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
~ Christie ~:
why are cigarets and alcohol legal, but pot no ?

Because people are too stupid to make things like cigarettes illegal.

...and things like pot legal : >

There's no reason to make pot legal. There's actually no medical or scientific proof that marijuana helps in ANY medical way. If doctors and scientists who study medicine for years can't find any positive effects(and TONS of negative effects)why would they make marijuana legal?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 6th, 2006 at 07:52pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
~ Christie ~:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
~ Christie ~:

There's no reason to make pot legal. There's actually no medical or scientific proof that marijuana helps in ANY medical way. If doctors and scientists who study medicine for years can't find any positive effects(and TONS of negative effects)why would they make marijuana legal?

tell that to someone with cancer in extreme pain. Leagalize pot, tax the hell out of it, i mean really tax the hell out of it, lower gas taxes, wa-la!

People are doing pot anyways, all you get is a slap on the wrist anyways.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 6th, 2006 at 07:55pm
I believe that in some ways legalising pot would be a good thing.
You remember when alcohol was banned in America right? Well that just made people more desperate to get it, it gave them a thrill. So having pot against the law doesn't really do anything.
Like, yes, the law can be good. But it's also useless because think about it, if someone wants to really murder someone, they'll do it. They're not gonna stop just because some law says they can't. If you ask me, it's all about morals.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
January 6th, 2006 at 07:55pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
~ Christie ~:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
~ Christie ~:

tell that to someone with cancer in extreme pain. Leagalize pot, tax the hell out of it, i mean really tax the hell out of it, lower gas taxes, wa-la!

People are doing pot anyways, all you get is a slap on the wrist anyways.

My mom had cancer, sweetie. No pot and she's more than fine. I will tell it to anybody, because it's a scientific fact. There is no proof or evidence that marijuana helps at all.

No duh people are doing it anyway. People are taking guns to peoples heads anyway. People are slitting their wrists anyway. People are doing a lot of things, but that doesn't make those things right.

People get more than a slap on the wrist. People get into the mindset that it's fine to do and wind up completely fucking up their lives and making everybody who really cares enough about that person to want them to live miserable and terrified.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
January 6th, 2006 at 07:58pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
You remember when alcohol was banned in America right? Well that just made people more desperate to get it, it gave them a thrill. So having pot against the law doesn't really do anything.
Like, yes, the law can be good. But it's also useless because think about it, if someone wants to really murder someone, they'll do it. They're not gonna stop just because some law says they can't. If you ask me, it's all about morals.

Well, less people do things if there are consiquences. No, there will never be a drug free world. There will never be a violence free world. Or a word free of ANYTHING, bad or good. But if there were no laws, things like murder and drugs would be much more evident. Which, considering how evident they are, is terrifying(sp?).
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 6th, 2006 at 08:02pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

Well, less people do things if there are consiquences. No, there will never be a drug free world. There will never be a violence free world. Or a word free of ANYTHING, bad or good. But if there were no laws, things like murder and drugs would be much more evident. Which, considering how evident they are, is terrifying(sp?).

Or maybe they wouldn't. What I'm saying, is that if we have Anarchy for..mm...a month say (NOT forever, because even I know that would TOTALLY fuck up the world) but maybe, just maybe, it might make the human race just stop and think. Sometimes if you're given too much freedom it can become a prison in its own way because no-one knows what to do with themselves if you follow. Perhaps it would kick-start the human race into realising that this mess needs to be sorted out, and could be the start of something great.
Or maybe I'm just being a total idealist and need to shut up O.o
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 6th, 2006 at 08:11pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:

My mom had cancer, sweetie. No pot and she's more than fine. I will tell it to anybody, because it's a scientific fact. There is no proof or evidence that marijuana helps at all.

No duh people are doing it anyway. People are taking guns to peoples heads anyway. People are slitting their wrists anyway. People are doing a lot of things, but that doesn't make those things right.

People get more than a slap on the wrist. People get into the mindset that it's fine to do and wind up completely fucking up their lives and making everybody who really cares enough about that person to want them to live miserable and terrified.

Sweetie... Rolling Eyes

Obviously, weed won't help with cancer, it's not supposed to - it's a painkiller. Your mother did fine without it - great. But when you're dying and every day of your life is filled with unbearable pain and drugs only make you sicker - weed is a good alternative. Yes, you get a tolerance, but at least you have something aside from drugs

Obviously, weed doesn't have any positive effect on the organism and has a shitload of negatives. No one denies that. Nevertheless, alcohol is more dangerous than weed and it's legal. And it always will be, and it's right.
Like Alex said, making an intoxicant illegal only makes it more attractive. Besides, if weed is legal people won't get killed for it, the government will get the tax and the idiots that only do weed because it's cool to do something that's illegal, will lose interest to it.
It's much easier to stop doing weed than to quit drinking alcohol. And yet, the latter is legal and the former is not.

Obviously, one day weed will be legal. Just not sure when.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 6th, 2006 at 08:17pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:

Or maybe they wouldn't. What I'm saying, is that if we have Anarchy for..mm...a month say (NOT forever, because even I know that would TOTALLY fuck up the world) but maybe, just maybe, it might make the human race just stop and think. Sometimes if you're given too much freedom it can become a prison in its own way because no-one knows what to do with themselves if you follow. Perhaps it would kick-start the human race into realising that this mess needs to be sorted out, and could be the start of something great.

I think that will take more than a month though... Confused
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 6th, 2006 at 08:20pm
Faith:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

Well, a month was just an example. However long it takes.
But something really needs to be done.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
January 6th, 2006 at 08:20pm
Weed IS a drug. Weed also kills brain cells and does a LOT more harm than other drugs that have been proven to help. Which weed has not been. Doctors who studied medicine for years and have dedicated their lives to it see not positive effect in marijuana.

Did I ever say alcohol was less dangerous than weed? Right. Didn't think so.

People do get killed for weed. People die because they kill off their brain cells. People kill themselves because they can't stand watching their best friends, their mothers, their sisters, do this to themselves. So, uh, yeah, how do people not get killed for and over a drug that kills brain cells? How do people not die over pot?

That arguement almost had nothing to do with what I said. I never once said marijuana was worse than alcohol. I never once said alcohol shouldn't be illegal. And yet you're argueing that alcohol is bad. When did I say it wasn't.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
January 6th, 2006 at 08:22pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Faith:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

Well, a month was just an example. However long it takes.
But something really needs to be done.

If something's done it won't last long. A new generation will come along and do the same stupid shit.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 6th, 2006 at 08:31pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Did I ever say alcohol was less dangerous than weed? Right. Didn't think so.

ExtraodinaryGirl:
That arguement almost had nothing to do with what I said. I never once said marijuana was worse than alcohol. I never once said alcohol shouldn't be illegal. And yet you're argueing that alcohol is bad. When did I say it wasn't

Geez..you really need to relax. I was expressing my opinion and you're acting like I'm putting a gun to your head and trying to make you swallow your words or something. Does my post necessarily have to be perfectly tied to yours just because I replied to what you said? And do I necessarily have to disagree with you? Shocked

ExtraodinaryGirl:
Weed IS a drug.

Weed IS a drug.
When I said "alternative to drugs", I meant medicine.
ExtraodinaryGirl:

So, uh, yeah, how do people not get killed for and over a drug that kills brain cells? How do people not die over pot?

Huh? where did that come from?
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
January 6th, 2006 at 08:33pm
I'm perfectly relaxed, actually. Why is it that you always act like I'm not relaxed because I argue on a forum made for argueing?

Medicine is better for people that weed. :/

That came from you saying people won't get killed for weed.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
January 6th, 2006 at 08:34pm
Oh, and before you start, I replied because this is a forum made for argueing. Not because I "need to relax."

Not that you've ever said that to me before when I am posting my opinions.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
January 6th, 2006 at 08:43pm
This is completely pointless, though, I'm argueing a fact. Fact, not opinion. It's a waste of my time to be trying to explain a fact to somebody who obviously doesn't wanna hear it. Buh-bye, now.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 6th, 2006 at 08:43pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
I'm perfectly relaxed, actually. Why is it that you always act like I'm not relaxed because I argue on a forum made for argueing?

I said people won't get killed for weed meaning the fact that it's illegal causes all kinds of gang conflicts which could be avoided if weed was made legal. Dying from it because of what it does to your body is a whole different animal.

You're perfectly relaxed - that's cool. Only this forum is made for discussion, not bashing someone you don't like. So, just because I replied to your post doesn't mean I disagree with everything you said. I've expected you might have a wrong reaction to me replying to your post, but I'd hoped you're be higher than that. Evolve Wink
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 6th, 2006 at 09:08pm
Faith:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

I said people won't get killed for weed meaning the fact that it's illegal causes all kinds of gang conflicts which could be avoided if weed was made legal. Dying from it because of what it does to your body is a whole different animal.

You're perfectly relaxed - that's cool. Only this forum is made for discussion, not bashing someone you don't like. So, just because I replied to your post doesn't mean I disagree with everything you said. I've expected you might have a wrong reaction to me replying to your post, but I'd hoped you're be higher than that. Evolve Wink

weed animals, many different species
Register