Alcoholism

AuthorMessage
GD Addicts Anonymous
Falling In Love With The Board
GD Addicts Anonymous
May 19th, 2006 at 10:01pm
I don't have a problem with alcohol as long as it's used sparingly. It can do horrible things to people who get into it too much, I know because my dad drinks. It's made him more rude and it's pathetic how he can't supposedly do anything around the house but he can go by beer. As long as people don't let it get in the way of their lives or change them, I don't see what's so bad about drinking some alcohol.
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
May 19th, 2006 at 11:04pm
I hate it when people drink to make themselves look cool.

Alcoholism is a problem, but a lot of people know how to manage their drinking and it isn't a big deal. I'm sure alcohol is one of those things you appreciate more as you get older, because then you aren't drinking it so much to be with your friends or be cool at a party, but more for the taste etc. It needs to be respected a lot more, for sure.
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
May 19th, 2006 at 11:21pm
It's advrtised as "cool" these days, even to young children. There are Corona commercials on Nickelodian. It can become a real problem if you have too much. Drunk driving is extremely dangerous.
Matty.
King For A Couple Of Days
Matty.
May 20th, 2006 at 07:37am
Trunks <3:
sheepless and redundant:
It's advrtised as "cool" these days, even to young children. There are Corona commercials on Nickelodian. It can become a real problem if you have too much. Drunk driving is extremely dangerous.

i get drunk every w/e with my mates usually and none of us would even think about drink driving. not everyone who egts absolutly smashed drink drives.

Maybe because your "mates" cant drive even when sober because they dont have a car or licence...btw your an alcoholic Cool
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
June 13th, 2006 at 05:53pm
Trunks <3:
Saiyan:
Trunks <3:
sheepless and redundant:

i get drunk every w/e with my mates usually and none of us would even think about drink driving. not everyone who egts absolutly smashed drink drives.

Maybe because your "mates" cant drive even when sober because they dont have a car or licence...btw your an alcoholic Cool

no, im not.

I feel sorry for the town drunk. He sold his hosue to pay for a holiday
Trunks is right, she's no alcoholic. It takes a long time to form a hardcore dependency on alcohol. Every weekend is fairly often, but I know folks that do that only a little less often who are not alcoholics.

At 16, we've not the history of alcohol use needed for a dependency. (But look back along the timeline, Trunks, for alcoholics in your family; you may have the tendency for it in your genes. Careful.)
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
June 13th, 2006 at 10:22pm
dirtyhippie:
Trunks is right, she's no alcoholic. It takes a long time to form a hardcore dependency on alcohol. Every weekend is fairly often, but I know folks that do that only a little less often who are not alcoholics.

At 16, we've not the history of alcohol use needed for a dependency. (But look back along the timeline, Trunks, for alcoholics in your family; you may have the tendency for it in your genes. Careful.)

I have it in my genes. I don't drink though, because I don't want to, plus, my friends that I catch the train with (they go to a different school so I don't see them at school) they are always talking about the next time they are going to get drunk. I think its so stupid, god knows what will happen to them.

I also don't drink because I've seen what has happened to those in my family who have. My aunt, for instance committed suicide, and my dads side of the family hate each other, they have been torn apart because of my aunt, who became an alcoholic and became dependant on prescription drugs (and I think illegal drugs aswell).
DoodleToes
DoodleToes
June 14th, 2006 at 07:08am
Trunks <3:
sheepless and redundant:

i agree wit u Vazzi, nothing wrong with drinking, and its not like we are stupid enough to drink drive anyway.
DoodleToes
DoodleToes
June 14th, 2006 at 07:11am
Saiyan:
Trunks <3:
sheepless and redundant:

well im one of her drinking buddies, we arent alcos, i have a car, a license, and race at speedway, so i know how to drive...ok
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2006 at 09:27am
Trunks <3:
^ yeah thats right
You are too cool Cobeh Cool
ALcoholism isnt that much of a big deal i dont think. Hepas of people are social alcoholics
You don't think alcoholism is a big deal? Oh sure, all the people who become abusive when they drink are nothing to worry about, some of them might have kids, but don't worry. And drunk driving, nah, the goverment has more important things to worry about. It isnt like drinking is bad for you, all it causes is a little bitty problem called liver disease. Alcoholism is a Big problem. It can destroy peoples lives, and those whose lives are destroyed may not even be the one dinking.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2006 at 09:37am
Trunks <3:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Trunks <3:
^ yeah thats right
ALcoholism isnt that much of a big deal i dont think. Hepas of people are social alcoholics
You don't think alcoholism is a big deal? Oh sure, all the people who become abusive when they drink are nothing to worry about, some of them might have kids, but don't worry. And drunk driving, nah, the goverment has more important things to worry about. It isnt like drinking is bad for you, all it causes is a little bitty problem called liver disease. Alcoholism is a Big problem. It can destroy peoples lives, and those whose lives are destroyed may not even be the one dinking.

read what i said prior to that about drink driving. I would never do it. And i shoud have made myself clearer. Social alcoholics - Not parents or people who get drunk at home and abuse people. Im talking about people who go to parties just to get drunk > And yes im sure this is a problem but as the way i see it, its not that much of a big deal.
How do you think Alcoholism starts? Irresposiable people going to way to too many parties and you develop an addiction. Not to mention all the stupid things you can do when you're drunk and not remember. Alto fo teenage pregnancies are concived while the girl was drunk.You get addictied to alcohol. When your an alcoholic, you feel like you have to drink, you can't help youself. it's a disease. Alcoholics are treated so badly, they do bad things, but it doesnt make them bad people. Rehab can change their lives. So drinking at a party and alcoholism are very different.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 14th, 2006 at 11:42am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Trunks <3:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Trunks <3:
^ yeah thats right

read what i said prior to that about drink driving. I would never do it. And i shoud have made myself clearer. Social alcoholics - Not parents or people who get drunk at home and abuse people. Im talking about people who go to parties just to get drunk > And yes im sure this is a problem but as the way i see it, its not that much of a big deal.
How do you think Alcoholism starts? Irresposiable people going to way to too many parties and you develop an addiction. Not to mention all the stupid things you can do when you're drunk and not remember. Alto fo teenage pregnancies are concived while the girl was drunk.You get addictied to alcohol. When your an alcoholic, you feel like you have to drink, you can't help youself. it's a disease. Alcoholics are treated so badly, they do bad things, but it doesnt make them bad people. Rehab can change their lives. So drinking at a party and alcoholism are very different.

drinking at a party is fine but not every night and not more than the recommended amount.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2006 at 11:47am
Magne:

drinking at a party is fine but not every night and not more than the recommended amount.
Drinking and Getting drunk are different. Personally in my opinion, getting drunk is ignorant and only results in bad things. When you're drunk you can;t control what you do, what if you had sex and got pregnant (or got someone pregnant if you're a guy). You could drive Drunk and kill someone, you could do something stupid and Kill youself. Why anyone with a brain that functions would want to do that is beyond me, but whatever.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 14th, 2006 at 11:50am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:

Drinking and Getting drunk are different. Personally in my opinion, getting drunk is ignorant and only results in bad things. When you're drunk you can;t control what you do, what if you had sex and got pregnant (or got someone pregnant if you're a guy). You could drive Drunk and kill someone, you could do something stupid and Kill youself. Why anyone with a brain that functions would want to do that is beyond me, but whatever.

people who need a drink everyday have a drink problem but are not nesscesary alcholics, people who need a drink as soon has they wake up are alcoholics
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2006 at 11:59am
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:

people who need a drink everyday have a drink problem but are not nesscesary alcholics, people who need a drink as soon has they wake up are alcoholics
What are you talking about? If what you say isnt in reply to the quote, don't quote things, it just creates a gigantic messy chain.

Anyways, I guess we're talking about alcoholics now Dno
It isnt as blakc and white as that. Some alcoholics are binge drinkers, meaning they consume alot of alcohol in short time period. Others are closet alcoholics, meaning they keep their drinking private and to themselves when they are alone. Alcoholism has nothing to do with "when" you need a drink, its about how much you drink and more why you're drinking. Depression-induced alcoholism is also a factor.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 14th, 2006 at 12:11pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:

What are you talking about? If what you say isnt in reply to the quote, don't quote things, it just creates a gigantic messy chain.

It isnt as blakc and white as that. Some alcoholics are binge drinkers, meaning they consume alot of alcohol in short time period. Others are closet alcoholics, meaning they keep their drinking private and to themselves when they are alone. Alcoholism has nothing to do with "when" you need a drink, its about how much you drink and more why you're drinking. Depression-induced alcoholism is also a factor.

i know about depression filled drinking.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2006 at 12:17pm
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:

Then why did you say only people who need a drink 'as soon as they wake up' are alcoholics?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2006 at 12:18pm
Trunks <3:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:

i dont think getting drunk is ignorent, i think getting drunk is fun
Getting drunk is fun as long as you have someone who's not gonna drink, driving and some mates to watch out for you its fine
Parties are fun
Yeah, maybe to you. it's pretty sad when you're old enough to drink and your friends have to babysit you because you are to wasted to take care of yourself.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 14th, 2006 at 12:18pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:

Then why did you say only people who need a drink 'as soon as they wake up' are alcoholics?

how many AA meetings have you been to? Drinking has soon has you get up you are seen has an alcholholic
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2006 at 12:24pm
Magne:

how many AA meetings have you been to? Drinking has soon has you get up you are seen has an alcholholic
Ok, well what about people who like scotch in their coffee? They arent alcoholics. What if they want an Irish bailey in the morning and thats all the drink? They must be an alcoholic based on what you said. When you drink doesnt matter, its how much you drink and if its hazerdous to your health.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
June 14th, 2006 at 12:26pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:

Ok, well what about people who like scotch in their coffee? They arent alcoholics. What if they want an Irish bailey in the morning and thats all the drink? They must be an alcoholic based on what you said. When you drink doesnt matter, its how much you drink and if its hazerdous to your health.

Well in all fairness most people who are prefectly happy don't get up and get drunk first thing in the morning, I think that's what Magne was trying to say.
Register