Alcoholism

AuthorMessage
TheFaggot
King For A Couple Of Days
TheFaggot
January 6th, 2006 at 09:26pm
I think that people in general need to KNOW more about what stuff does to you, like alcohol and pot. People think that it will NEVER happen to THEM, nooooo--- we should all be a bit more realistic.
fender
Geek
fender
January 7th, 2006 at 11:48am
my father is a father is a violent alcoholic and has been all my life, he is to drunk al the time to even know what is happening to him self though that could be due to heroin addiction, he drinks a whole bottle of vodka every morning by the pint, and continues to do so each day, but that doesnt stop me from drinking alcohol, i dont know why you would of thought it would but i use it as escapism and i guess drugs too. alcohol is bad if you drink accesivly every day...but the odd binge every now and then i dont think does too much damage, just so long as you give your liver enought time to recover and work the alcohol out of your system and as long as you dont bombard it constantly.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 7th, 2006 at 12:59pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Weed IS a drug. Weed also kills brain cells and does a LOT more harm than other drugs that have been proven to help. Which weed has not been. Doctors who studied medicine for years and have dedicated their lives to it see not positive effect in marijuana.

Surely though, if you are terminally ill already, and just want relief from pain, that won't matter? You're looking for quick stopgap, and sadly not looking at the long term effects.

ExtraodinaryGirl:
If something's done it won't last long. A new generation will come along and do the same stupid shit.

Generally though, If you take a look at your History book, it doesn't always work that way...
fender
Geek
fender
January 7th, 2006 at 01:48pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Alcohol isnt a bad thing in moderation. It serves no healthful value and isnt nutritious at all. It can cause so many problems, it isnt smart to abuse something like that. The sad thing is, when soemone does abuse it, everyone around them gets caught up in it, they become violent and shut the rest of the world out and all they think about is where their next drink is coming from, not a plesant habitat for anyone to frequent.

Nope, you don't care about life. All you care about is that drink and you will do anything to have it.
My dad used to hit my mum to get to his alcohol, like if she was stood infront of it. Not his fault though, he wasn't in his right mind at the time, but seeing that was just..fuck really. To see a grown man in sheer desperation, it's upsetting.

dude i have never met some one who has had an alcoholic father before, mine is too! maybe you wanna talk some time. i find it helps to talk to people who have shared similar experiences!
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 7th, 2006 at 02:19pm
fender:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Alcohol isnt a bad thing in moderation. It serves no healthful value and isnt nutritious at all. It can cause so many problems, it isnt smart to abuse something like that. The sad thing is, when soemone does abuse it, everyone around them gets caught up in it, they become violent and shut the rest of the world out and all they think about is where their next drink is coming from, not a plesant habitat for anyone to frequent.

Nope, you don't care about life. All you care about is that drink and you will do anything to have it.
My dad used to hit my mum to get to his alcohol, like if she was stood infront of it. Not his fault though, he wasn't in his right mind at the time, but seeing that was just..fuck really. To see a grown man in sheer desperation, it's upsetting.

dude i have never met some one who has had an alcoholic father before, mine is too! maybe you wanna talk some time. i find it helps to talk to people who have shared similar experiences!

Sure thing, talk to me any time you feel, or PM me or anything.
Luckily he's getting over it, but he still has bad and good days. If you ever wanna talk I'm here 'kay? I know what it's like to deal with and it's not something someone should go through alone.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
January 7th, 2006 at 02:49pm
young people don't fully understand what the drink they drink does to them. it will lead to bad things in later life, but people don't know that or they choose to ignore that. and you can put out as much anti-whatever advertising as you want. it won't make a difference. example there are all these horrible anti-smoking ads in the UK. people still start smoking after seeing them.
Pretty and Demented
Jackass
Pretty and Demented
January 7th, 2006 at 05:02pm
Alcoholism is a disease and is really misunderstood by most people. Everyone thinks its not going to happen to them.

According to the latest government statistics, alcohol-releated deaths among British citizens aged 15-44 have tripled in the past 20 years -- including deaths from health problems, accidents and murders.

Alcohol is one of the most dangerous and damaging drugs in Britain today. Excessive boozing kills four times as many people as drug abuse. It is one of the main causes of anti-social, aggressive and violent behaviour. It causes huge problems for the health service - for accident and emergency departments as well as doctors treating the effects of long-term alcohol abuse, such as liver damage and heart disease.

Dont get me wrong, I drink on a regular basis (legally) and enjoy drinking socially, but I know when to stop.
I.Heart.Panic.
I.Heart.Panic.
January 9th, 2006 at 09:37am
I'm 13, and my friend, who's like four months younger than me, started drinking and smoking weed when she was 11. I've had a bit but I haven't got pissed. It's just not happened. To me, drinking is something you do on a Friday or Saturday night, or on a special occassion. I think kids drink because of their peers/idols, and I think people realize what it does to them, but they either think 'I'll be OK' or they just do it anyway.
sayno2emo
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
sayno2emo
January 10th, 2006 at 06:56am
ok... when i first turned 18.. i drank more than i usually do.. i thought that was normal... now ive been 18 for more than 4 months and every thursday friday and saturday, i go out and drink way more than is good for me (about 8 drinks). what is so scary is that everyone seems binge drink around me..us girls are drinking exactly as much as the guys who buy us drinks. its really wrecking my health and i am tired all the time.. but i cant really stop. do i have a problem or am i just a normal teenager?
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
January 10th, 2006 at 07:47am
Yeah, it's obviously well known that 90% of underage drinking happens for the sake of showing off. They think that society will look at them as adults, that they will seem more serious and things like that. It has been said many times before so we all know it. The same is with smoking. I drink a lot but I drink because I like drinking and I do not go out with a beer bottle in my hand with the: "look at me, I'm badass!" attitude. It's just the way it has been in the world and it's the way it's probably gonna stay for a long time.
~*Miss. Saint JimmY*~
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
~*Miss. Saint JimmY*~
January 13th, 2006 at 03:36pm
Well I'm dutch..and in Holland we are allowed to drink beer and stuff when we're 16...and wodka when we're 18..i'm 14 and I do drink...at least once every two weeks...sometimes more often sometimes I get a little bit tipsy,, but I don't mind.. I know what it does to you...a friend of mine drunk almost a whole bottle of whiskey...and he was picked up by an ambulance...too much alcohol..so I know what it can do, but I dOn't mind..I also think that there's a big difference between Holland and America..Almost everyone here drinks.. at least sometimes....And it's not wrong or anything when someone drinks..and almost everyone at the age of 14 has had some alcohol..But people who only drink cause they think it's cool ..those people are really dumb..but it's no harm drinking a glass of wine everyone evening when you're an adult! Wink
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
January 13th, 2006 at 03:42pm
it's not as addictive as people make it out to be
but anyone who developes alcoholis had a problem before hand
(it's mainly psycological dependance, when it's physical dependance their life was fucked up because that requires a ton of drinking
Myla
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Myla
January 14th, 2006 at 10:36am
smoking as well as alcohol is rather harmful...everybody knows that smoking is said to be extremely harmful for vocalists as it affects their voice badly. As we know Bilie Joe smoked, but his voice doesn't sound hoarsely or something, in fact it sounds as well as it always sounded. So is it a lie then or maybe Bilie is so special that it doesn't influence him? Think
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 14th, 2006 at 03:09pm
Myla:
smoking as well as alcohol is rather harmful...everybody knows that smoking is said to be extremely harmful for vocalists as it affects their voice badly. As we know Bilie Joe smoked, but his voice doesn't sound hoarsely or something, in fact it sounds as well as it always sounded. So is it a lie then or maybe Bilie is so special that it doesn't influence him? Think

...Excuse me??

Billie Joe Armstrong is not 'special' at all. He is not immune from Lung Cancer or any other diseases caused by smoking.

The dangers of smoking are not a lie. Smoking kills more people in the UK alone more than anything else.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
January 14th, 2006 at 03:33pm
Bloodraine:
Myla:

...Excuse me??

Billie Joe Armstrong is not 'special' at all. He is not immune from Lung Cancer or any other diseases caused by smoking.

The dangers of smoking are not a lie. Smoking kills more people in the UK alone more than anything else.

That's because kids seem to think it's cool. Rolling Eyes Either that or they're emotionally unstable. Or both.
Kiru
Geek
Kiru
January 14th, 2006 at 03:38pm
Alcoholism runs in both sides of my family, so I've resolved to drink practically nothing.
Beer tastes gross, anyway. Surprised

Butum.
As far as your little smoking discussion there --
My grandpa died from lung cancer when he was about 78
--He could've lived way longer.
And basically as a result my grandma never does anything anymore, lives in a retirement assisted-living place, and can barely walk.
She couldn't keep up after he died, so she gave up, pretty much.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
January 14th, 2006 at 04:06pm
Kiru:
Alcoholism runs in both sides of my family, so I've resolved to drink practically nothing.
Beer tastes gross, anyway. Surprised

Butum.
As far as your little smoking discussion there --
My grandpa died from lung cancer when he was about 78
--He could've lived way longer.
And basically as a result my grandma never does anything anymore, lives in a retirement assisted-living place, and can barely walk.
She couldn't keep up after he died, so she gave up, pretty much.

It's nice to know that some people out there are still so innocent (well, no one exactly is...but way more clean than some)... I used to think beer tasted horrible ... but I sorta like it now. Confused

Sorry about your grandparents...
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 14th, 2006 at 04:50pm
Bloodraine:
Myla:

...Excuse me??

I hate it when singers smoke. I just wanna scream "What the fuck are you doing?!"
Sorry, professional issues... Rolling Eyes
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 14th, 2006 at 04:54pm
Faith:
I hate it when singers smoke. I just wanna scream "What the fuck are you doing?!"
Sorry, professional issues... Rolling Eyes

Exactly...They were given the gift of a good voice and now they're putting that at risk...
Myla
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Myla
January 15th, 2006 at 09:48am
Bloodraine:

...Excuse me??

You didn't get what I mean. I don't speak about lung cancer or other illnesses caused by smoking. I'm talking about its affect on singer's voice. But I don't think Billie's voice changed to the worse though he smoked, or am I wrong? That's why I don't understand it: either he's an exeption or it's just a lie ( about damaging influence on voice) . Rolling Eyes
Register