Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 15th, 2006 at 09:55am
Myla:
Bloodraine:

...Excuse me??

Billie Joe Armstrong is not 'special' at all. He is not immune from Lung Cancer or any other diseases caused by smoking.

The dangers of smoking are not a lie. Smoking kills more people in the UK alone more than anything else.

You didn't get what I mean. I don't speak about lung cancer or other illnesses caused by smoking. I'm talking about its affect on singer's voice. But I don't think Billie's voice changed to the worse though he smoked, or am I wrong? That's why I don't understand it: either he's an exeption or it's just a lie ( about damaging influence on voice) . Rolling Eyes

For the love o' Jesus, will you give over using the eye-rolling emoticon every time you speak to me?. If we're going to discuss something, we can do it without you getting all high-and-mighty...

I reiterate, Billie Joe Armstrong is not special, he isn't an execption, it is not a lie. Soon enough, It'll have an effect on him. Dont worry, it'll all happen in due course.
11th Street Kid
King For A Couple Of Days
11th Street Kid
January 15th, 2006 at 01:42pm
Bloodraine:
Myla:
Bloodraine:

...Excuse me??

Billie Joe Armstrong is not 'special' at all. He is not immune from Lung Cancer or any other diseases caused by smoking.

The dangers of smoking are not a lie. Smoking kills more people in the UK alone more than anything else.

You didn't get what I mean. I don't speak about lung cancer or other illnesses caused by smoking. I'm talking about its affect on singer's voice. But I don't think Billie's voice changed to the worse though he smoked, or am I wrong? That's why I don't understand it: either he's an exeption or it's just a lie ( about damaging influence on voice) . Rolling Eyes

For the love o' Jesus, will you give over using the eye-rolling emoticon every time you speak to me?. If we're going to discuss something, we can do it without you getting all high-and-mighty...

I reiterate, Billie Joe Armstrong is not special, he isn't an execption, it is not a lie. Soon enough, It'll have an effect on him. Dont worry, it'll all happen in due course.

A policeman came and taught the class SE once. He said there are actually a few exceptions like my grandpa.. who's probably been smoking very young (about 11..?) and he's still alive..and very old.

I'll take your word though... 'cause that policeman seemed stupid.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 15th, 2006 at 01:45pm
*Blue Star*Duj0indisguise:
Bloodraine:
Myla:
Bloodraine:

...Excuse me??

A policeman came and taught the class SE once. He said there are actually a few exceptions like my grandpa.. who's probably been smoking very young (about 11..?) and he's still alive..and very old.

I'll take your word though... 'cause that policeman seemed stupid.

Your Grandad is very lucky, then.
Myla
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Myla
January 17th, 2006 at 08:30am
Bloodraine:

What's wrong with that " Rolling Eyes " ? I meant nothing by it as you might have thought. Maybe I just like it, that's all. There was no hint at " high-and-mighty" Arrow that's your imagination. Wink
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 17th, 2006 at 10:26am
Myla:
smoking as well as alcohol is rather harmful...everybody knows that smoking is said to be extremely harmful for vocalists as it affects their voice badly. As we know Bilie Joe smoked, but his voice doesn't sound hoarsely or something, in fact it sounds as well as it always sounded. So is it a lie then or maybe Bilie is so special that it doesn't influence him? Think

No it's not a lie, takes years for someones vocal chords to be affected by smoking, more than likely you would contract cancer first.

secondly one example is not enough to deem years of medical research a lie Very Happy
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 17th, 2006 at 11:05am
Myla:
Bloodraine:

What's wrong with that " Rolling Eyes " ? I meant nothing by it as you might have thought. Maybe I just like it, that's all. There was no hint at " high-and-mighty" Arrow that's your imagination. Wink

The " Rolling Eyes " symbolises sarcasm and superiority. Just as the " Embarassed " symbolises embarrasment. You got it?

But yes, as NeoSteph said, one man is not good enough to discredit an enitre medical theory.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
January 17th, 2006 at 11:30am
*fight!fight!fight!fight!*

but yes, alcohol is damaging as is tobacco
both if used in excess

but alcoholism is caused by a psycological problem
it is technically dependance which is a pyscological problem so that person was slightly messed up before the alcohol made it exponentially worse
geekoll
Geek
geekoll
January 17th, 2006 at 03:31pm
I always drink within a safe environment and try and control myself if I think I may have had too much.
Laurie*L.
Geek
Laurie*L.
January 17th, 2006 at 05:38pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
I personally respect the drink. I would never abuse it. My own father was a violent alcoholic for 8 years of my life and as a result I hardly ever drink. I despise it for what it does, tears things apart, and then I see 13 year old girls on the park every Friday getting pissed out there heads, and they've no idea what they're doing to themselves.

My sister was like that.I never cared that she was drunk,until she puked over a pretty dress I had on a v. important occasion.after that she had a terrible car accident,and realized how much she embarassed herself in front of friends,family and her.It would suck to look as stupid as she did,so i try to stay away fm drinks as much as i can
SARAnade
SARAnade
March 30th, 2006 at 08:54pm
i like to drink but i dont really do it all that often. i have been to a few parties where i get totally pissed outta my mind but overall i dont go out and drink very often. i am going out and drinking at the mall tomorrow night, im pretty excited, its with my close friends so i dont really see a problem with it if youre with people you know and trust.
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
March 30th, 2006 at 09:17pm
my father was an alcohlic all of my life he died 2 years ago when he got alcohol poisioning (spelling) i can't even sit through science when we talk about drugs and stuff i just burst into tears and have to go home Crying or Very sad sorry i know this is not an opion but now it is- alcohol should be baned so no one never ever has to go through that.
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
March 30th, 2006 at 09:36pm
colo(u)r me stupid:
alcohol should be baned so no one never ever has to go through that.
I don't want to sound insensitive, because i'm not. But it shouldn't be banned because, hey, there are a lot of people who enjoy it in moderation.
Sure, there should be limits if absolutley necessary but the fact is, not everyone is a tragedy.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
March 31st, 2006 at 01:03am
Even if it was banned, that wouldn't stop people drinking.

Have you never watched the simpsons?

My parents aren't alcoholics, but they do get tipsy and sometimes a bit more, a lot of nights. I absolutly hate it, and I hate the way that alcohol makes you lose your control. So I'm not straight edge or anything, but I don't drink and I won't ever drink more than just a little bit.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 31st, 2006 at 10:10am
colo(u)r me stupid:
my father was an alcohlic all of my life he died 2 years ago when he got alcohol poisioning (spelling) i can't even sit through science when we talk about drugs and stuff i just burst into tears and have to go home Crying or Very sad sorry i know this is not an opion but now it is- alcohol should be baned so no one never ever has to go through that.

But you have to consider the many benefits of alcohol--I'm not going to spell them all out but ask any adult and they will tell you alcohol is good in moderation.

I'm sorry for your Dad but we have to ask the question, is it looking after the individual and the majority?. Because I know banning alcohol because there are some fatalities would not be fair. Although, if Alcohol was a newly discoevered substance, there would no doubt it would be banned and never allowed to leave the lab shelves.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
March 31st, 2006 at 11:21am
I've started drinking more lately Think I should stop.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
March 31st, 2006 at 11:33am
I dont drink, i dont like the taste of it.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
March 31st, 2006 at 01:19pm
my dad is an alcoholic, so i expeirence it first hand.
I dont wanna talk about it really
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
March 31st, 2006 at 02:22pm
Alcoholism is a disease. That's why AA was formed, to help people through their disease. Some people have the genes for it...I probably do, so I'm not drinking for a while anyway. It's the same as with narcotics. Dependency is a disease. Hence, NA. Both great support groups that change peoples' lives. I've seen it in action.

I'm gonna plug Burroughs' memoir "Dry" again cuz I feel like it.

And as for the little smoking side-discussion, cigarettes blow chunks. As in they're horrible, and make you blow chunks of your own lungs.
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
March 31st, 2006 at 02:52pm
NOT got a problem....with alkeehol.......served me WELL

.....On MANY an occasion.....

HOWEVER.....got to watch it......dependency is a NO-NO

....though....NOTHING wRONG

with serving my baby....Cuervo "Belly-shots"....now and then....
......he DOES seem to have a taste for them....

H-F-P-R
I.Heart.Panic.
I.Heart.Panic.
May 16th, 2006 at 01:42pm
I think binge drinking is pretty common now. If someone, like a late teen, went out for the night and got totally rat-arsed, it's bad, yeah, but it's not that bad, because it's expected, that is the time you should 'live your life'.
I think alcoholics are relaly common nowadays too, but people don't care as much because it's normal.
Register