Alcoholism

AuthorMessage
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2006 at 12:30pm
Ok, but that's not the only way to determine if someones an alcoholic.
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
June 14th, 2006 at 12:53pm
I think that a lot of kids drink alcohol cuz its the cool thing to do. I personally just hate teh taste of alcohol and I don't get why people have to drink just to keep themselves entertained.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
June 14th, 2006 at 01:09pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:

ok so what do you think we should do to resume this issue, make drinking illegal until you are 21? or ban it totally? Bceuase that in its self will cause a whole heep of problems,

ive been down the road i know what its like and i was stupid and ignorant to myself and my children, but now i havent drunk anything for a long time, i have spent a lot of time reading about drink related problems.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2006 at 01:20pm
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

ok so what do you think we should do to resume this issue, make drinking illegal until you are 21? or ban it totally? Bceuase that in its self will cause a whole heep of problems,

ive been down the road i know what its like and i was stupid and ignorant to myself and my children, but now i havent drunk anything for a long time, i have spent a lot of time reading about drink related problems.
Once again, you quoted what I said and didnt reply to it at all. This tactic is known as anti-oposition deabting. If you oppose it, ignore it. If you were thinking I wouldnt notice, I did. Wink

So I guess we're talking about the legal drinking age now.In the United States, Drinking is Illegal until you're 21 and it does help prevent alot of acidents and health Hazards. When you're younger, alcohol has much harsher effects on your liver. It;s good that it is illegal. I don't have a problem with drinking and I dont think it should be banned. I have a problem with the morons who get totally wasted and do ignorant things that endanger others.

I also have a problem with the way alcoholics are treated and Judged. They should be helped, not ridiculed and demeaned. There are so many stupid ideas as to what an alcoholic is. It's unfair to judge them based on the stereotypes people may have.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 14th, 2006 at 01:29pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Once again, you quoted what I said and didnt reply to it at all. This tactic is known as anti-oposition deabting. If you oppose it, ignore it. If you were thinking I wouldnt notice, I did. Wink

So I guess we're talking about the legal drinking age now.In the United States, Drinking is Illegal until you're 21 and it does help prevent alot of acidents and health Hazards. When you're younger, alcohol has much harsher effects on your liver. It;s good that it is illegal. I don't have a problem with drinking and I dont think it should be banned. I have a problem with the morons who get totally wasted and do ignorant things that endanger others.

I also have a problem with the way alcoholics are treated and Judged. They should be helped, not ridiculed and demeaned. There are so many stupid ideas as to what an alcoholic is. It's unfair to judge them based on the stereotypes people may have.

yes and so do i, and yes people with drink related problems need help and understanding, i agree wiht you whole heartedly, but hoever you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2006 at 01:32pm
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

yes and so do i, and yes people with drink related problems need help and understanding, i agree wiht you whole heartedly, but hoever you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.
but if the horse has been lead there, the option is with in reach.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 14th, 2006 at 01:35pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

but if the horse has been lead there, the option is with in reach.

not everyone who has a problem with drink will see that they do, many will denie it, there are always pleaces for these people to go to, i personally sought the help myself after i tried to do somthing stupid when i was drunk one night.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2006 at 01:39pm
Alot of people who are arrested for alcohol related crimes are forced into Rehab or faced with a jail sentence. I think thats a good thing. They need rehab.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 14th, 2006 at 01:41pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Alot of people who are arrested for alcohol related crimes are forced into Rehab or faced with a jail sentence. I think thats a good thing. They need rehab.

i take it you live in USA? Because it is differant here, yes they are given prison sentences but rehab is a hard thing to get into here, and in some cases it doesnt work.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2006 at 01:52pm
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

i take it you live in USA? Because it is differant here, yes they are given prison sentences but rehab is a hard thing to get into here, and in some cases it doesnt work.
yeah I live in the States. It sounds like your country needs better rehab programs.
DoodleToes
DoodleToes
June 15th, 2006 at 07:05am
I really dont see what you people have against alcohol. People who drink arent alcoholics and are stupid. Some are. But really why post shit n say we are alcoholics, we are only 16 and trying to have fun, n plus alcohol had dofferent affects on different people so you cant say we will ALL be stupid enuff to drink and drive and do other stuff. Also the person who sed that thing about "babysitting", well just so you know most of us go drinking with a group of people and dont need babysitters, but we all look oput for each other liek true friends shood, and even if all of us are drunk, you are still abe to look out for each other, so really theres nothin wrong wit gettin drunk.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 15th, 2006 at 10:35am
Trunks <3:
DoodleToes:
I really dont see what you people have against alcohol. People who drink arent alcoholics and are stupid. Some are. But really why post shit n say we are alcoholics, we are only 16 and trying to have fun, n plus alcohol had dofferent affects on different people so you cant say we will ALL be stupid enuff to drink and drive and do other stuff. Also the person who sed that thing about "babysitting", well just so you know most of us go drinking with a group of people and dont need babysitters, but we all look oput for each other liek true friends shood, and even if all of us are drunk, you are still abe to look out for each other, so really theres nothin wrong wit gettin drunk.

yeah. Thats right Cool
[b]Drinking for fun is not a problem unless you do it every day, you wake up and want alcohol and you go to bed thinking about alcohol
[/b]

thats basically what i said and i got hounded for it. but i am glad that some one else has the same view has me.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 15th, 2006 at 11:00am
Trunks <3:
DoodleToes:

yeah. Thats right Cool
Drinking for fun is not a problem unless you do it every day, you wake up and want alcohol and you go to bed thinking about alcohol
Do none of you understand what alcoholism is? There is more than one kind of alcoholism. Chronic Alcoholics only make up a small percentage of alcoholics, there is more than one kind. it really isnt a hard concept to grasp, when you want alcohol has nothing to do with making you an alcoholic.

So if someone, every day, at 5 p.m. drinks 27 beers, but only at 5 p.m., based on what you have said, that doesnt make them an alcoholic, because they werent drinking in the morning.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 15th, 2006 at 11:02am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Trunks <3:
DoodleToes:

yeah. Thats right Cool
Drinking for fun is not a problem unless you do it every day, you wake up and want alcohol and you go to bed thinking about alcohol
Do none of you understand what alcoholism is? There is more than one kind of alcoholism. Chronic Alcoholics only make up a small percentage of alcoholics, there is more than one kind. it really isnt a hard concept to grasp, when you want alcohol has nothing to do with making you an alcoholic.

So if someone, every day, at 5 p.m. drinks 27 beers, but only at 5 p.m., based on what you have said, that doesnt make them an alcoholic, because they werent drinking in the morning.

i know that drinking problems are misunderstood and i know that there are many forms of drinking problems,
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 15th, 2006 at 11:04am
Then where is this "Alcoholics think about drinking when they wake up..." thing coming from? That isnt always true. It's a stereotypical statement, and not all alcoholics are your typical stereotype.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 15th, 2006 at 11:06am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Then where is this "Alcoholics think about drinking when they wake up..." thing coming from? That isnt always true. It's a stereotypical statement, and not all alcoholics are your typical stereotype.

i worked in bars for yeas and i saw the amount of people who used to come in and stay there until close and i see them over time killing themselfs, i dont know where this alcholics think about drink in the morning came from, i was stupid when i wrote that and i didnt word myself very well and for that i apologise, there are many differant drink related problems and not all alcholics want a drink in the morning.
Addison Montgomery.
Falling In Love With The Board
Addison Montgomery.

Mibba Blog
June 15th, 2006 at 11:12am
We should get pissed and have a party!
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 15th, 2006 at 11:14am
Mike's personal sex toy=]:
You shouldnt spam and only post if you have a valid contribution to make Wink
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 15th, 2006 at 11:15am
I_worship_tre_Cool:

there is nothing wrong having a drink its when thats all you want to do it becomes a problem.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 15th, 2006 at 11:18am
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

there is nothing wrong having a drink its when thats all you want to do it becomes a problem.
It doesnt have to be all you want to do, what about Binge drinkers? Or closet Alcoholics?
Register