Dress codes

AuthorMessage
TragicCaseofMyReality
King For A Couple Of Days
TragicCaseofMyReality
April 12th, 2006 at 02:01am
hey a couple of weeks ago i had to write an essay on the dress codes in schools and i was just thinking about what you guys would say about it. Do you think everyone should wear uniforms or should they be able to wear whatever they want?
steph.
Banned
steph.

Blog
April 12th, 2006 at 02:02am
No, they shouldn't be allowed to wear whatever they want, in my opinion. People can wear some pretty shocking things.
Zoie
Falling In Love With The Board
Zoie
April 12th, 2006 at 02:13am
I don't like the idea of uniforms, but there should be some kind of limit on what you can wear.
waiting_a_long_time
Idiot
waiting_a_long_time
April 12th, 2006 at 02:26am
high_on_juicy_fruit:
I don't like the idea of uniforms, but there should be some kind of limit on what you can wear.
yeah, not whatever you want so no EXTREME short skirts or anything , but enough to show personality and individuality if you get my point
girl almighty
GSBitch
girl almighty
April 12th, 2006 at 03:24am
I don't wear uniform any more, but now I don't I miss it ._. everyone's the same in uniform so no one gets picked on for dressing differently and it means you never have to think about what you're going to wear for a day.
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
April 12th, 2006 at 04:57am
Where do you want me to move this: Specific Discussion or School/Computer help board?
Raaachel.
Addict
Raaachel.
April 12th, 2006 at 04:58am
Uniforms are stupid. The stop someone form being an individual.
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
April 12th, 2006 at 04:59am
Everybody's Fool.:
Uniforms are stupid. The stop someone form being an individual.

Individuality can be expressed in so many other ways, not just clothing.
stable_souls
Jackass
stable_souls
April 12th, 2006 at 05:03am
If you don't like dress codes then get opted out. Otherwise, have fun tucking in your shirts.
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
April 12th, 2006 at 05:10am
I have a uniform.

Yes, it does piss me off sometimes.

But think about it. If we didn't have uniform those he couldnt afford the cool clothes would be targetted and bullied more so by the people who can afford the cool clothes.

There is some method to this madness

Kat xx
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
April 12th, 2006 at 05:15am
Uniforms have pros and cons. But in my school the uniform is so strict its just plain stupid. I think uniforms should just be like a shirt, blazer, skirt and trousers in whatever colors the school picks but everything else you wear can show your "individuality".
wfougoafoihqfe
Falling In Love With The Board
wfougoafoihqfe
April 12th, 2006 at 05:20am
my uniforms ok coz you can do the individuality thing to an extent & not give the school a reputation for owning freaks like me
Togepi.
Togepi.
April 12th, 2006 at 06:03am
I think that school uniform is a good idea because it means you don't have to choose what you're going to wear everyday. It also makes everyone equal because the poorer people don't have to worry about not being able to afford the latest "cool" clothes.
I think that more schools should allow accessories like belts or jewellry just to be able to show some individuality between people.
But overall I think uniform is better than no uniform.
suicide_makeover
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
suicide_makeover
April 12th, 2006 at 06:35am
At my school you do have to wear uniforms. If you go to a school that does wear uniforms you aren't that opposed to it because you can see level with the reasoning. Whereas, if you have been to a school where there has been no uniform requirements and then move to a school where there is one of course there will be reason for debate. At my school there are free dress days most of which are used for fundraising (you pay a gold coin to wear free dress) and that seems to be fairly popular. There are some limits regarding the uniform like you have to wear your hat at the shops which pretty much no one follows, also to not wear your socks folded properly and hair accessories etc that are a bit farfetched but you get back what you put in by wearing the right uniform.

nuff said
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
April 12th, 2006 at 06:44am
At my school we have to wear daffodill yellow blouses, navy jumpers, black trousers, navy blazers, and black or brown shoes.

The problem i have with our uniform is it's so unpractical. Our shirts are so bright that in the summer tons of little bugs come and sit on our shirts because they think we're flowers. The trousers have to be waist high, no flares (i dont actually wear ones like that but they're starting to check up on it more now.) The shoe rule is annoying because my friend's mum brought her and her twin sister some black trainers to wear to school. They have both now got a letter home saying they need to buy new shoes for school. Her mum is refusing to buy some though because she's a single mum and she's got three kids, she brought those shoes for school, she polishes them for school, they dont wear them anywhere else other than at school, and they want her to spend out a whole load of money on another pair of shoes.

I think that if you have to wear a uniform you should be allowed to customize to a certain extent.

Also, if a boy wears a hat to school, it's seen as an item of clothing to keep his head warm. If a girl wears a hat to school, on the other hand, it's seen as a fashion accessory.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 12th, 2006 at 08:08am
i dont think that you shoudl wear what you want in school, because if you went to school wearing the best most expensive pair of trainers and for example they got stolen, there would be an outcry, your parents would be pissed of and the school would have to deal with it, there will also be a bigger divide between the well of children and the not so well of children, at the moment kids at least look all the same and it should stay that way.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
April 12th, 2006 at 08:12am
i dont mind my school uniform, except for the blazer because i think its constrictive.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 12th, 2006 at 08:20am
downloadasexual:
i dont mind my school uniform, except for the blazer because i think its constrictive.

my kids have a great uniform, a polo shirt, black trousers, black shoes, and a sweater if they want to wear it. The only thing that my daughter doesnt like is the fact that her hair has to be all one colour.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
April 12th, 2006 at 08:36am
I think there should be just one item of clothing for uniform. Like.. a jumper with the school's logo or something. Sometimes, I think the school's just being slightly ridiculous... saying you can't dye your hair any unnatural/extreme colours. Why not?

-Because it doesn't look smart. So what? Why do we have to look smart for school? School's for learning.
-Because you might get teased. If someone decides to risk it... why not let them?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 12th, 2006 at 08:41am
*Blue Star* - Scattered:
I think there should be just one item of clothing for uniform. Like.. a jumper with the school's logo or something. Sometimes, I think the school's just being slightly ridiculous... saying you can't dye your hair any unnatural/extreme colours. Why not?

-Because it doesn't look smart. So what? Why do we have to look smart for school? School's for learning.
-Because you might get teased. If someone decides to risk it... why not let them?

well when i went to see my kids achool about that, they said because it would a distraction. Evil or Very Mad
Register