Dress codes

AuthorMessage
Punky_McPunk
Idiot
Punky_McPunk
April 13th, 2006 at 08:46am
What is it with everyone thinking that the poorer kids will be bullied for not wearing 'cool' clothes or brand names or whatever? I'm not exactly poor, but I never, EVER buy these stupid expensive clothes, and not once have I ever heard of someone being bullied because they're not wearing cool clothes.
People wont get bullied for being 'freaks' because even if you're in school uniform you can spot an alternative person from a mile off.
Siobhan
Geek
Siobhan
April 13th, 2006 at 08:52am
We have school uniforms at our school, but if we have days where we dont have to wear them, and someone looks the least bit different, they get teased. Also, if someone is wearing black, they are automatically "goths"

I am glad we have uniforms, even they completely suck, but at least we are a bit more equal.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
April 13th, 2006 at 09:38am
there are days that my kids dont have to wear them aswell, but that is for charity, and i that causes all sorts of hassle for the not so well of kids they get picked on and called names.

I do however think that schools take the uniform thing to far because my son lost his school trousers and i had to send him into school wearing his camos and they sent him home so i called up the school and asked what differance are those trousers to son young girl wearing a belt to school has a skirt.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
April 13th, 2006 at 09:50am
Magne:
there are days that my kids dont have to wear them aswell, but that is for charity, and i that causes all sorts of hassle for the not so well of kids they get picked on and called names.

I do however think that schools take the uniform thing to far because my son lost his school trousers and i had to send him into school wearing his camos and they sent him home so i called up the school and asked what differance are those trousers to son young girl wearing a belt to school has a skirt.

thats really stupid , and you a right about hte belt/skirt thing , girls try to pull that off at our school too

but what doesnt make sence to me , most 8th grade girls wear thsoe types of clothes/skirts
but when a girl in my grade (7th) wore a skirt that was a little bit above the knee she got in trouble
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 13th, 2006 at 11:06am
I get written up for dresscode every damn day, Its such a joke. Someone has to much spare time and enjoys dictating people. If stupid girls want to dress like whores, let themm thats their idiotic decision. If people are constantly putting them in a safety zone saying "you can do this, but not that" they will never learn anything, at school they may be "popular" for breaking the world record for shortest skirt, in the real world, they look immature and childish.
Buckfast Wine.
Falling In Love With The Board
Buckfast Wine.
April 13th, 2006 at 04:44pm
My school uniform, isn't the worst, but I WOULD prefer it if we got a choice in what should and should not be classed as uniform. Right now, we arne't allowed too wear belts that aren't black or even footless tights.
Even better, I would prefer it if there wasn't a uniform.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
April 13th, 2006 at 05:04pm
My school had one. I dont like it, but I dont fight it. I break it here and there.

I dont like dress codes, they dont let you express yuor self freely.
I.Heart.Panic.
I.Heart.Panic.
April 13th, 2006 at 06:04pm
When I started Year 7, the uniform was a grey jumper with a logo and a white polo-shirt with a logo. It didn't matter what you were on the bottom. You could wear any colour jeans or trousers or skirts. This year [Year 9] they've changed the uniform to a royal blue jumper with a logo and the polo-shirt can either be black or sky-blue, with logo. [Black is so much better, I gotta say.] At first, jeans were okay, but now whatever you wear has to be black on the bottom. Which can be annoying because it's hard to find black jeans that don't fade.
I think it's okay saying that uniforms make us look neater and better educated and get us in the mood for learning, but they are annoying. We look daft because the school sports hall is blue so we look stupid!!
But at least they don't force us to wear skirts. Nothing personally, I just hate my legs.
I don't really care. Half of the time I don't wear uniform anyway. It's okay either way. I just think if there isn't a uniform there should be a limit.
Maiku's Kind Ghost
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
April 13th, 2006 at 07:15pm
Unifroms- NO FUCKING WAY!! I protested having to wear them.
Regular dress codes-They prevent people coming to school naked or in Space suits.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
April 13th, 2006 at 11:01pm
Meh. I think that they are alright. I mean, the stupid rules about no nail polish, or no more than your ears peirced is a bit stupid, but at least this way, everyone is treated as equal as possible.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 13th, 2006 at 11:09pm
Coff:
Meh. I think that they are alright. I mean, the stupid rules about no nail polish, or no more than your ears peirced is a bit stupid, but at least this way, everyone is treated as equal as possible.

No, because then brands come in. "My navy skirt is ___, do you see that girl over there, I think hers came from ________"
No one will ever be able to eliminate that. Even if they were the same brands, it would still be who is wearing what, not what they are wearing.

That made sense to me, I hope it didnt sound to odd to the rest of you. I coldnt think of another way to word it.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
April 13th, 2006 at 11:29pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Coff:

No, because then brands come in. "My navy skirt is ___, do you see that girl over there, I think hers came from ________"
No one will ever be able to eliminate that. Even if they were the same brands, it would still be who is wearing what, not what they are wearing.

That made sense to me, I hope it didnt sound to odd to the rest of you. I coldnt think of another way to word it.

At my school, we have to all wear the same dress. That dress is made specially for the school by a school uniform supplier. Most schools in NSW (I don't know about other states) are the same.

And I said as equal as possible. It really sucks on free dress day when people call you satan. I don't care about any thing else that they call me, that, and when they tell me that I don't deserve to live is what really makes me mad. Imagine that happening every day? It does to an extent, but its worse on free dress days.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 13th, 2006 at 11:34pm
Coff:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Coff:

At my school, we have to all wear the same dress. That dress is made specially for the school by a school uniform supplier. Most schools in NSW (I don't know about other states) are the same.

And I said as equal as possible. It really sucks on free dress day when people call you satan. I don't care about any thing else that they call me, that, and when they tell me that I don't deserve to live is what really makes me mad. Imagine that happening every day? It does to an extent, but its worse on free dress days.

I know, that must suck. So the dress code may help some, but people will always be arrogant and feel superior when they are anything but. Clothes shouldnt matter at all, they're only an attatchment.
Baguelle
Baguelle
April 14th, 2006 at 12:53am
I think people should be able to wear what they want but with some form of dress codes. It allows students to show personality but not their tits and other body parts to that affect. Very Happy

I have to wear uniforms at my school and I sure as hekk don't like it.
davey jones.
Falling In Love With The Board
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
April 14th, 2006 at 02:50am
I don't like uniforms...they are so...bleh.

It's like turning a school into a robot factory. Everyone looks the same, so it's like...nobody will ever stand out. Now I'm not saying it's just your clothes that show your individuality, but let's face it, clothes are a BIG part of it. I would feel so...unnoticed/invisible/not special...just the same as everybody else. And I definately don't want to be the same as everyone else. That will never be me...

I do however, think it's reasonable to keep girls from wear really slutty clothes that keep their asses hanging out, and guys from wearing pants that look like a parachute over their asses...

I do think there should be some kind of dress code, but not as strict as the one we have now. (or the one at my school) I don't wear a uniform anymore...and what REALLY pisses me off is that the teachers automatically judge you...like the school counselor called me a cheap slut for wearing a wife beater to school (because you could see too much skin)...she wanted me to change into a sweater...I asked her "Do you really think were gonna get all kinky on ya?" Jeez...And my science teacher said "There will be no prostitutes in this school!" to this girl because 1 inch of her cleavage was showing...and then she said "Her nipple is practically hanging out! UGH!"
stilinski
stilinski

Blog
April 14th, 2006 at 10:48am
My school has a pretty strict uniform and stuff.

I don't mind.

I mean, look at it on the bright side: It's easier in the morning to choose your clothes. Cool
wheels-and-dolls-baby
Geek
wheels-and-dolls-baby
April 14th, 2006 at 01:39pm
I have to wear a uniform, although, some people, because they can't express individuality through their own clothes to a certain extent they try and be individual with their uniforms but usually get in trouble for that, like not wearing their tie cause our school can be quite strict on uniforms but then some others are individuals with their uniforms but not breaking any dress code rules either like cropped trousers for example or wearing fingerless gloves or another type of top rather than a cardagain or tank top. But then when we have non uniform days some people take a lot of delight in being allowed to wear their own clothes and wear quite outrageous stuff , and that's directed to all 'groups' of people like so called goths and so called chavs but I suppose that's fair because it's a non uniform day so people should be allowed to wear whatever we want even though certain things are still restricted like football colours in case of sectarianism(sp?) or very short skirts etc
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 14th, 2006 at 01:40pm
You cant wear football colors? Thats so stupid.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 14th, 2006 at 01:46pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
You cant wear football colors? Thats so stupid.

If she lives in Glasgow (There's a chance seeing has her location is Scotland), there's a pretty good reason for that.
There's this whole massive thing, like she said, sectarianism and the like which is centered around two football teams called Celtic and Rangers (or the Old Firm). There are some pretty big issues revolving around social, cultural, historical and religious circumstances there...
!nsomn!ac punk
Jackass
!nsomn!ac punk
April 14th, 2006 at 01:50pm
School uniform is a good thing in my eyes, well for my school. We had No school uniform the other day and some of the things the girls were wearing it was very disgraceful. Plus not every one has money and it save other kids from getting picked on.
Register