Dress codes

AuthorMessage
MAD CUNT
Basket Case
MAD CUNT

Blog
May 28th, 2011 at 06:37pm
Coffee I thought you were staying out of the Discussion forum?
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
May 28th, 2011 at 06:42pm
I am now.
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
May 29th, 2011 at 11:32am
^^ lol, but yeah. Uniforms just pretty much cover everything. And really, aren't harming anyone's identity.
School could probably focus more on education if more of them enforced uniforms, because I know kids are alway getting sent to the office for dressing out of conduct. Or some kids are trying to pettition a particular regulation. And if there were uniforms, that would be as big a deal.
PaNcAkEs
Jackass
PaNcAkEs

Blog
June 12th, 2011 at 04:17pm
I like the idea of school uniforms because, as the previous poster ( Squid.) pointed out, it helps to focus more on education.. the reason why schools exist in the first place. However, I do not really enjoy the idea of dress-codes in the work area (with a few specific exceptions) nor "formal" clothing. The concept of it is sort of outdated, imo. I think that the work and communication is done by the person, not by their shoes or clothing but I suppose it would be better if the clothes were clean and if it wouldn't make others visually uncomfortable (as in men having to see women in very revealing clothing in a work area when they are trying to focus on other things).
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
June 12th, 2011 at 06:38pm
Idk I think its alright that people wear uniforms for work, so people can tell who to ask yknow Dno
But like, a polo shirt would be enough imo, safety shoes/hard hats make sense, but not like special trousers and hats and stuff idk

As for school uniforms, I guess my background makes a big difference. In my country, not a lot of people are actually poor, so the not being able to afford clothes-thing wouldn't be too much of an issue here, which is Why I think a simple dresscode would suffice, like skirts have to be a certain length, boys have to pull up their pants, no cleavage, stuff like that. That's what We had at my school, I don't see how shoes, piercings or a certain hair colour could be offensive or disturbing Dno
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
June 12th, 2011 at 06:50pm
i understand specific shirts for jobs, but for mine we have to wear certain kinds of pants and only black or white shoes. what the hell do the colour of my shoes have to do with how i work? nothing. what does the type i pants have to do with how i work? nothing. i just doesn't make sense to me, BUT we can have visible tattoos and piercings. it doesn't make sense.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
June 12th, 2011 at 06:56pm
BELLY JO.:
i understand specific shirts for jobs, but for mine we have to wear certain kinds of pants and only black or white shoes. what the hell do the colour of my shoes have to do with how i work? nothing. what does the type i pants have to do with how i work? nothing. i just doesn't make sense to me, BUT we can have visible tattoos and piercings. it doesn't make sense.
Yeah and like socks? When my sister worked at McDonald's, she was only allowed to wear black socks with shoes she had to purchase specifically through them, and wear the pants and shirts they gave them Cheese
xpunkxjewelx
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
xpunkxjewelx

Mibba
June 12th, 2011 at 07:20pm
I hate the idea of dress codes. I think people should be able to choose what they wear, no matter the age. They need to be able to express themselves and show their individuality. As far as bullying, bullying occurs all the time, no matter the circumstance, if they're not going to make fun of someone's clothes then they'll find something else to pick on them for. I don't think we should take someone's freedom of expression away, unless it's an obvious distraction (etc. if a shirt has a racist symbol on it or if it expresses hate towards someone or a group of people, then of course they shouldn't be tolerated.)
Bletreme
Geek
Bletreme
June 12th, 2011 at 08:24pm
Okay so I have been through wearing uniforms in my school for the last three years and honestly I have to say that they suck. I believe that people should have the freedom to express themselves. Or else everyone will look the same. First impressions mean alot.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
June 12th, 2011 at 09:40pm
discovering picasso:
BELLY JO.:
Yeah and like socks? When my sister worked at McDonald's, she was only allowed to wear black socks with shoes she had to purchase specifically through them, and wear the pants and shirts they gave them Cheese
wwwwoooowww that's just ridiculous
the libertines.
Geek
the libertines.
June 14th, 2011 at 03:49am
discovering picasso:
I don't know where you're from but McDonalds is strict over there! I work part-time in a McDonalds and the dress code is pretty easy. They gave us trousers and t-shirts. The only rule is you have to wear shoes with some kind of grip because otherwise you go flying.

Shows how different countries are so different I guess.
/off topic
Forever
Addict
Forever
June 15th, 2011 at 11:49pm
I think people should enforce the dress code but for school sometimes it can get a bit strict, especially since summers are warm. Thank God school's out now =)
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
June 21st, 2011 at 06:55pm
^Yeah, like most schools have rules that girls shorts must be no shorter than mid-thigh or whatever? I don't have a problem with that, but it's a bit unrealistic given the current (and for the past decade) short-shorts trend. Personally, I would love to have shorts that stop at my mid thigh, but frankly, girls shorts just aren't made that long! Believe me, I've looked. It's either super short lowrise booty shorts or full-on bermudas.
Newt.
Post Whore
Newt.
June 24th, 2011 at 09:55am
In my school, you don't have to wear a uniform. I feel like I don't need one but, I have been made fun of by the teachers and some pupils (I don't get along with them) but that's mainly because "ohhhhh mötley crüe iz lyk satans music Surprised".

This is off topic but I also read The Dirt by Mötley Crüe, and my teacher said "I think you should read something else than that, it's not appropriate". I READ AND WEAR WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT BITCH. All but one teacher said the same. So maybe they will have uniforms next year, idk.

My suburb is still scared of stuff like Mötley and even Green Day. Cheese Like, WUT?
Trillie
King For A Couple Of Days
Trillie
June 26th, 2011 at 03:55pm
Your out of school for one day and they come up with new rules!

Now in my school if you come to school in trainers they confiscate your trainers untill the end of the day give you these pathetic, retarded plimsoles and then at the end of the day they make you disinfect them or you dont get your shoes back. They took a pair of shoes off me that cost £45 even though they were supposed to be £70 and then they came back rotten, even though they had been "sitting in a box all day"

BOXES DO NOT MAKE THINGS FILTHY!
Someday.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Someday.
June 4th, 2012 at 07:31pm
dude, I'm sorry.

But I think you should be able to wear ANYTHING you want... I mean, there has to be some rules, or some people I know would probably come to school shirtles or in a corsette. Granted not that. But I mean , I got in trouble yesterday for wearing a American Idiot shirt and a guitar pick on a chain around my neck. So, I mean, I think we should be at least able to wear band tees, after all, I really think that's prejudice because some girl went to school in a Justin Beiber shirt and didn't get in trouble...
Register