Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 18th, 2007 at 07:56pm
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Kurtni:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
But far too many girls at my school do, which is why I support dress codes.

There's always the group of kids who just refuse to cover up, and it does not make my morning, noon or night, frankly.

So, because a select few girls don't wear clothes that everyone is ok with, an entire school of kids should be punished? I don't think that's right. Indecent exposure is a crime, really. If they won't obey school rules then they should be punished by a higher authority and maybe then they'd take the rules seriously. But thats still no reason to not allow kids to wear what they want.
Maybe I define dress code differently than you do, dear. Think

What we have now, which no one obeys anyways, is basically, skirts should be no more than three inches about the knee, no violent shit on t-shirts, boobs covered, twat covered, etc, etc, and if you violate the code, you have to change. But everyone ignores it, which is just pointless.

I don't think that there should be uniforms and all of that nonsense. I just want to be able to walk up the stairs without seeing all sorts of unmentionable things.
I was under the impression you were talking about uniforms because that is what this thread is basically about; even though the title is dress code. Sorry.
Having A Green Day
Jackass
Having A Green Day
May 20th, 2007 at 07:51am
Unifroms should be taken away but there should be some restriction to wht you can wear at school
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 20th, 2007 at 08:24am
You know what. I've been wearing a school uniform for my whole school career, but in September, I have no uniform anymore.

Its actually quite a scary thought, because I'll have to get some decent clothes over the summer that are going to last me all year, and clothes that will be good in both summer and winter. I also need clothes that will make me look decent; 'cause I don't want to look like a scruff whereas I don't want to dress too eccentrically, because I don't like being stared at. Its quite difficult. lmfao
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
May 20th, 2007 at 08:44am
Bloodraine:
You know what. I've been wearing a school uniform for my whole school career, but in September, I have no uniform anymore.

Its actually quite a scary thought, because I'll have to get some decent clothes over the summer that are going to last me all year, and clothes that will be good in both summer and winter. I also need clothes that will make me look decent; 'cause I don't want to look like a scruff whereas I don't want to dress too eccentrically, because I don't like being stared at. Its quite difficult. lmfao
That's what I'm scared of when I get to college.

Plus, you have to wear something new everyday other wise people will think you don't wash Coolio
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 20th, 2007 at 08:46am
Boobmeister:
Bloodraine:

Plus, you have to wear something new everyday other wise people will think you don't wash Coolio

I KNOW!

-Has so not been wearing the same top for 3 days now-

Okay that was probably far too much information. You now not only think, but know how unwashed I am. Coolio
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
May 20th, 2007 at 08:50am
Bloodraine:
I KNOW!

Okay that was probably far too much information. You now not only think, but know how unwashed I am. Coolio
I'm still in my jammies Coolio

I don't wash that much either Very Happy
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 20th, 2007 at 10:17am
Bloodraine:
I don't want to dress too eccentrically, because I don't like being stared at. Its quite difficult. lmfao

Meg I do. Which is probably why Im so insanely opposed to uniforms.
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
May 20th, 2007 at 04:33pm
I dont get why the school thinks its cheaper to wear uniforms. I mean I wouldn't want to go to the movies or the mall in my uniform. I'd want other clothes. But what if I cant afford it? If I just buy one type of clothing I would be able to. The polos we have to buy cost $15 and then the regular school spirit shirts cost $10. The school priced those. The REAL clothing I buy doesnt cost that much. I can buy an outfit with $20 whereas buying a spirit shirt[the cheaper of the two] costs $10 and the cheapest pair of pants I can find cost $15 itself. It'd come out to $25[and thats cause Ill only wear it to school] If I had bought a polo it'd cost $30. And no way Im wearing that out. Thats not counting school shoes :/
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
May 20th, 2007 at 08:08pm
Kurtni:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Kurtni:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
But far too many girls at my school do, which is why I support dress codes.

There's always the group of kids who just refuse to cover up, and it does not make my morning, noon or night, frankly.

So, because a select few girls don't wear clothes that everyone is ok with, an entire school of kids should be punished? I don't think that's right. Indecent exposure is a crime, really. If they won't obey school rules then they should be punished by a higher authority and maybe then they'd take the rules seriously. But thats still no reason to not allow kids to wear what they want.
Maybe I define dress code differently than you do, dear. Think

What we have now, which no one obeys anyways, is basically, skirts should be no more than three inches about the knee, no violent shit on t-shirts, boobs covered, twat covered, etc, etc, and if you violate the code, you have to change. But everyone ignores it, which is just pointless.

I don't think that there should be uniforms and all of that nonsense. I just want to be able to walk up the stairs without seeing all sorts of unmentionable things.
I was under the impression you were talking about uniforms because that is what this thread is basically about; even though the title is dress code. Sorry.
Absolutely fine, dear.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
May 20th, 2007 at 08:10pm
Anji:
I'd just like to point out, and also to the other person talking about loopholes in school uniforms, girls have always found a way around skirt length when it somes to uniforms. The classic top turn, hemming, scrunching it up, wearing the skirt well above your hips, flip out, flip in, too many things you can do. And, how can individuality be diminished by uniforms when there are one thousand and one different ways to wear a uniform. Infact, showing off individuality while wearing a uniform, I think is the most individual thing an individual can do.

In Thailand, there is a national public school uniform, and I'd like to think that as a result, Thai pupils are some of the brightest in Asia. Even teachers have uniforms. (I know a lot about the Thai educational system, one of my uncles is a principal at a school.)

It is a thrill to see a mass of girls in white blouses and knees length navy blue skirts and boys in white blouses and kakhi shorts, busing their way to school at five in the morning. It has very traditional and cultural roots, the school uniform, and I like that my mum has difficulty distinguishing students nowadays from students in her years of secondary education. There are very few complaits as well, infact about 0.5% don't like the uniform, which is a big feat considering every child who goes to a public school between the ages of five and eighteen has to wear them.

In my own school, comparing non-uniform days to uniform days, there is a big difference in attitude, and I think that alone shows what a uniform can do to students.
I used to wear a uniform when I was in middle school, and I agree that it did make some difference. And I never did see a girl's naughty bits when we were walking up the stairs, mostly because the skirts could never really achieve the ittybitty-ness of the skirts you can buy at most stores.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 21st, 2007 at 11:34am
Bloodraine:
Boobmeister:
Bloodraine:

I KNOW!

I'm out of school now, I'm allowed to do that. Mr. Green
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 21st, 2007 at 11:40am
Kurtni:
Bloodraine:
I don't want to dress too eccentrically, because I don't like being stared at. Its quite difficult. lmfao

That's funny, because I used to ge stares when I wore my uniform.

People have become used to shock value in clothing and have incorperated that into their own clothing so much now that it becomes normal to see a group of people with dyed hair and ripped clothes, haning out in the mall. Similarly with teenage girls in short skirts and tight shirts with long hair extensions and highlights. This is so much so that when I used to wear uniforms on weekends for no reason, at the mall, or at a pub, people would stare wildly at me because before when this behaviour was associated with those who weren't radical enough, now becomes an idea that is too radical, while the radics of the past, are well, of the past.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
May 21st, 2007 at 01:59pm
Anji:
Kurtni:
Bloodraine:

That's funny, because I used to ge stares when I wore my uniform.

People have become used to shock value in clothing and have incorperated that into their own clothing so much now that it becomes normal to see a group of people with dyed hair and ripped clothes, haning out in the mall. Similarly with teenage girls in short skirts and tight shirts with long hair extensions and highlights. This is so much so that when I used to wear uniforms on weekends for no reason, at the mall, or at a pub, people would stare wildly at me because before when this behaviour was associated with those who weren't radical enough, now becomes an idea that is too radical, while the radics of the past, are well, of the past.

yeah non-conformity has become the new comformity. these 'emo's (using the term loosely), seem to like to be 'stating their individuality' but do so by dressing like each other.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
May 21st, 2007 at 02:57pm
I should give you some tips Meg since I never wore a uniform in my life. Coolio
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
May 21st, 2007 at 03:14pm
Bloodraine:

i know what you mean. I hate being stared at but i like my odd clothes and pink/purple hair. its difficult indeed. Cool

and i agree with what has been said before I'm not exactly opposed to uniforms but I don't think they are really necessary [sp?]. It gets annoying walking around seeing people's stomachs, boobs and asses all day long. Even with guys - get a belt.
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
May 21st, 2007 at 09:38pm
How come some kids say they want uniforms so they dont have to see boobs and ass all day.....if in the real world people dress like that? What are they gonna do? Tell the people to put on uniforms? Uniforms are restricting in my school they take the uniform more serious than actual school work. When we were allowed to wear burmuda shorts everyone was more happier AND actually got better grades! Surprises even me.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
May 22nd, 2007 at 03:31am
Boobmeister:

slfgsdfg I know, I have to try and find different outfits every day, and I usually just wear the same top and pair of pants Coolio
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
May 22nd, 2007 at 09:00am
We don't have uniforms. And no one wears ~offending~ stuff Smiley
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
May 22nd, 2007 at 03:12pm
Sheepo@_@:
How come some kids say they want uniforms so they dont have to see boobs and ass all day.....if in the real world people dress like that? What are they gonna do? Tell the people to put on uniforms? Uniforms are restricting in my school they take the uniform more serious than actual school work. When we were allowed to wear burmuda shorts everyone was more happier AND actually got better grades! Surprises even me.

bermudas go down to your knees. or about that length. girls here wear shorts that could pass for underwear seriously.

I have no problem with people wearing what they want out of school but in school, where i have to focus it gets annoying.
dramamine;
dramamine;

Mibba Blog
May 23rd, 2007 at 12:41am
I can see both sides on this topic.
I would love it if we could wear no uniform at my school, but like bitchden said, girls wear shorts that could pass for underwear. They'd wear mid-drift shirts and boob tubes and very appealing clothing. Also, boys would most likely wear offensive shirts (like the "who the fuck is pedro?" shirt, that goes for girls as well. I have proof that they would do that at my school because a girl wore it to the swimming carnival once and the teachers made her turn her shirt inside out.
But sometimes the uniforms the schools provide are just hidious. Schools close to me make the students wear big jackets, even in the Summer when its boiling.
I'm glad I go to a public school, though. Our uniform isn't that bad, the summer uniform is just a dress and the winter one is a skirt with a white collared shirt, or black pants and a white coloured shirt.
Register