bjtp:
Do you shave Courtney? Lick

lmfao yes, body hair freaks me out.

BUT POWER TO THOSE WHO DONT Con
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
February 21st, 2008 at 10:17am
tehe I wouldn't say it freaks me out, its just kind of.. annoyingly 'there'. Dno
suburban.zombie
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
suburban.zombie

Blog
February 21st, 2008 at 03:26pm
Kurtni:
reject08:

the main point of my post was not that all men like women who shave...the main point was that is the thing women do to attract men who are attracted to women who shave. which is the vast majority of men in america. so are you trying to debate this, or are you trying to bully me?
I'm sorry if you feel like I'm bullying you, but this is a debate board. People are going to pick apart your posts and point out every technicality, but you can't accuse them of bullying you because they aren't.

First off, who is to say they're trying to attract men? Secondly, I doubt the women who choose not to shave want to attract anyone who is so hung up on appearance, seeing as how they're making such a bold statement with their own.

lol it is just hard to express myself in words and then submit it without sounding like a jerk...i really wasn't trying to be that way...it just sounded like bullying to me because i stated that i didn't mean that and people continued to say i did or whatever...it was just an honest mistake...

well anyway, thank you for finally making a comment about my content not my misunderstood words, lol.

i wasn't trying to say they were trying to attract men or even that its a sureproof way or the women who dont' shave aren't trying to attract men. i was trying to get the point across that sometimes i think double standards are necessary. it IS awesome that a woman would feel confidant enough to not shave, but there is also nothing wrong with women shaving even if they don't like it. it just has to be done if you want to really fit in. in my english class we're actually doing a section on female and feminist writers and i just did a project on women in music and how the industry is male dominated and a lot of times sexist. theres so many double standards that exist but there is really no possible way to beat them. like women in the army. they should be as equal as men. many women are as strong and as brave as men, but some women aren't. i am personally against the draft in general but i am really against the draft for women and i am extremely glad i don't have to sign up for it. its a double standard that women are equal to men but dont' have to be drafted, but you can't please either side. some women can never be brave or physically fit, just like some men...and its wrong but men are expected to be strong and brave and proud that they are signing up for the draft. is it fair to put women in that situation too? maybe, maybe not, but the double standard can't be avioded and you just have to pick a side. i'm not sure if i'm explaining this right or if you are understanding what i'm trying to say, lol. i'm sorry if i am being confusing. and this has gotton wayyy off topic. sorry for that also. but i was just trying to say, yeah, its a double standard and its not right but sometimes we just have to deal with it and accept it. and it really sets apart women from men. in the hair case, its something that most women willingly agree to do and don't find it as an unjust double standard. the draft case, it is entirely wrong to assume a woman can't do the same thing a man can and it is keeping our society from accepting women's equality but it is also saving a lot of women who would be so scared to be in the military opposed to not as many men would be scared. and i'm NOT saying theres not men who would dread being drafted, but i am almost positive theres not as many as women. but i don't have facts to back that up, thats just my opinion and it may not be right. and i'm not being sarcastic.

i'm sorry that really took awhile to get my point across. i don't even know if my point made it across. lol. but feel free to critique and argue. =]
Raina Lupa
Addict
Raina Lupa
February 22nd, 2008 at 08:06am
I'm going to rock the boat here and almost agree with the double-standard, simply because it is my personal preference.

I wax my legs, underarms and bikini (the latter, not completely, I do like to keep my maturity and not regress to a child's body) and though I don't have very dark or thick arm hair, I do use hair removal cream on them. I tweeze my eyebrows to keep them neat. I just think a woman's body should be full of softness and smoothness, it's part of my femininity I guess. Which is also why I don't shave- I possibly find stubble worse than full-on hair growth.

Now, as for the blokes; I only really think they need to take care of one area- downstairs! The genital region is one I think both sexes should always keep well groomed, at least when in a sexually active relationship. Other than that, I actually like most body hair on a man. I'll possibly gross people out by saying I think underarm hair on guys is great- for one thing, more hair traps more sweat, and the natural male scent. I even prefer men without deodrant (when they can get away with it) as I think men should smell like men, but I digress. Don't get me wrong, I don't like to date neanderthals, but I would get freaked out by a man with very little or no body hair. Chest, arms, legs, underarms...I think the only time these need to be taken care of is if the man has serious overgrowth of hair, especially the chest. Oh- and back hair is a no-no, for me.Laughing

Call me new-agey, but I think body hair (or lack thereof) helps define the gender contrast. Yin and Yang, masculine and feminine, strong and delicate, rough and smooth...to me, it's part of our identity. Some women like to turn things around, and good for them if they wish to do that, but I won't be joining them.
I_Eat_Pancakes
Falling In Love With The Board
I_Eat_Pancakes
February 22nd, 2008 at 04:35pm
I used to get picked on alot.
I basically have really visible body hair simply because it's kinda long. Well longer than your average jo, especially on my arms.
Recently I started to shave my arms and I really wish I didn't because now I'm constantly having to shave them so I don't get weird spikey vellus hair.

>_<
Opheliac_666
Geek
Opheliac_666
February 22nd, 2008 at 11:01pm
My dad used to get called hair stares because he apparentely stared alot and was really hairy lmao I find that halirious..
nimrodidiot
Jackass
nimrodidiot

Blog
February 27th, 2008 at 01:36pm
It reall actually depends on what type of culture you are surrounded by. Here in America it's pretty gross if you don't shave. I'm sure you all know about America's obsession with what the media pins as 'beauty'. Rolling Eyes
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
February 29th, 2008 at 10:31am
''but there is also nothing wrong with women shaving even if they don't like it.'' wait, what? they shouldn't have to shave if they don't like it.
Yes I Am God
Basket Case
Yes I Am God
February 29th, 2008 at 05:56pm
I think it's cool for women who think they don't have to shave their legs and underarms to make everyone else happy just because that's what society has come to.
I didn't shave for like, four or five months. But then decided I actually would rather shave my legs and be like everyone else.. o.o
girl almighty
GSBitch
girl almighty
March 2nd, 2008 at 09:30am
There are a quite a few communities on livejournal with names like hairypits and fuck_shaving that are for women who don't remove their body hair to talk to each other and share pictures of their underarms, legs, faces etc., any body hair that is removed or hidden by most of society. They just reminded me of this thread.
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
March 2nd, 2008 at 01:42pm
Electric Pussycat:
I'm going to rock the boat here and almost agree with the double-standard, simply because it is my personal preference.

I wax my legs, underarms and bikini (the latter, not completely, I do like to keep my maturity and not regress to a child's body) and though I don't have very dark or thick arm hair, I do use hair removal cream on them. I tweeze my eyebrows to keep them neat. I just think a woman's body should be full of softness and smoothness, it's part of my femininity I guess. Which is also why I don't shave- I possibly find stubble worse than full-on hair growth.

Now, as for the blokes; I only really think they need to take care of one area- downstairs! The genital region is one I think both sexes should always keep well groomed, at least when in a sexually active relationship. Other than that, I actually like most body hair on a man. I'll possibly gross people out by saying I think underarm hair on guys is great- for one thing, more hair traps more sweat, and the natural male scent. I even prefer men without deodrant (when they can get away with it) as I think men should smell like men, but I digress. Don't get me wrong, I don't like to date neanderthals, but I would get freaked out by a man with very little or no body hair. Chest, arms, legs, underarms...I think the only time these need to be taken care of is if the man has serious overgrowth of hair, especially the chest. Oh- and back hair is a no-no, for me.Laughing

Call me new-agey, but I think body hair (or lack thereof) helps define the gender contrast. Yin and Yang, masculine and feminine, strong and delicate, rough and smooth...to me, it's part of our identity. Some women like to turn things around, and good for them if they wish to do that, but I won't be joining them.

I feel the same.
Except I don't like when guys have insane underarm hair. If it's a tad it's okay.
And mm, man smell lmfao
tomamazon
GSBitch
tomamazon

Mibba Blog
March 16th, 2008 at 12:48pm
at the end of the day, however disgusting or repulsive other people find it, its their own choice. if they don't want to shave/wax then so be it - its their body and therefore their choice.
they may feel the same about tattoos or piercings which are the same concept.
i worship billie joe
i worship billie joe
March 16th, 2008 at 05:45pm
just not natural
neen bean
Addict
neen bean

Blog
March 16th, 2008 at 09:27pm
i worship billie joe:
just not natural
Did you just really mean that?

If it's not natural you wouldn't have body hair. Every person grows hair because it's the way our bodies are made. Nature intended us to keep warm and gave us hair.
tomamazon
GSBitch
tomamazon

Mibba Blog
March 17th, 2008 at 01:43pm
i worship billie joe:
just not natural

of course its natural Cheese its not natural to shave/wax it off but women do it to feel more womenly i guess
droid.
King For A Couple Of Days
droid.

Mibba
March 17th, 2008 at 06:15pm
Tbh, the only reason I shave is 'cause for swimming and kayaking, hair slows you down xD
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
March 18th, 2008 at 07:35pm
krzy:
i worship billie joe:
just not natural

If it's not natural you wouldn't have body hair. Every person grows hair because it's the way our bodies are made. Nature intended us to keep warm and gave us hair.
I think she said it about tattoos/piercings.
asthenia.
asthenia.

Blog
March 18th, 2008 at 08:16pm
Bombed Reverie:
Tbh, the only reason I shave is 'cause for swimming and kayaking, hair slows you down xD

I've actually heard that before too. My older brother used to be a cross country runner, and he would often shave his legs to help improve his speed. How effective it actually is, I don't know lmfao
neen bean
Addict
neen bean

Blog
March 18th, 2008 at 11:46pm
Ieva Howard:
krzy:
i worship billie joe:
just not natural

I think she said it about tattoos/piercings.
She posted in the wrong thread? Coolio
Register