[Insert abortion here]

AuthorMessage
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
November 5th, 2005 at 09:56am
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
you know, people argue the whole "adoption" thing as the obvious answer when it's just happening to some random person, but what if it were you? would you want to go through the labor and the contractions, and the mood swings and morning sickness and all the other shit that goes all with the pregnancy unless you truley wanted to have a child for your own? probably not.

I would because im pretty religious, and i believe abortion is like murder and i dont think i could live with myself if i took the life of my baby. However in some cases like the mother would die if she didnt get it i think thats okay.
Paul Simonon Teenie.
Jackass
Paul Simonon Teenie.
November 5th, 2005 at 07:41pm
I'm not against abortion. I think in certain situations I can defintley see why someone would do it. If I couldn't afford supporting a child or were raped, of course I'd do it. But if it's just from unprotected sex or something, I honestly have to say suck it up.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
November 6th, 2005 at 12:12pm
murder is murder on whatever scale you look at it, i know that i could never kill an unborn child.
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
November 6th, 2005 at 12:17pm
junerae:
murder is murder on whatever scale you look at it, i know that i could never kill an unborn child.

Amen to that Cool
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 8th, 2005 at 06:12pm
Well, I don't really think it's murder. This is one of those issues that is purely opinionated (befoire Nick jumps down my throat, thought I get that out of the way), so you can't really ever come to a conclusion about abortion. I don't think you can call an abortion murder; my definition of life is when conception occurs. Before that, it's a blob of tissue for some 6-7 months. I'll give you that late-term abortion is not cool, but only that. Have you seen a picture of the vetus when it's two months old? Compare that to a baby. It's not the same.

The bottomline for me is that the fetuses (feti?) haven't lived yet, have not begun life. You can't take away what hasn't come into their possession yet. And now "tre is cool" will now jump down my throat...
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 8th, 2005 at 06:24pm
I just think that in a fair few cases it's the mother who ends up holding the child while the father gets off scot free. I'm not saying this always happens, but is that fair? No it isn't. If a woman isn't ready to have a child I just think she should abort it. Because if it is one of the times when she'll be left on her own then it really isn't fair. She's entitled to a life too.
Babies are great things, little bundles of joy. But if you're not ready for the responsibility or whatever [and obviously if you don't want it] then you should abort.
If abortion were to be banned, it would be almost like punishing a women. We'd regress right back to the times when women were just used as baby making machines.
hellokittyxcore
Jackass
hellokittyxcore
November 8th, 2005 at 06:49pm
well i think that it is killing a living thing but in some cases its different like if a teen( who shouldnt have had sex in the first place. but they should have been atleast protected(i know some times it doesnt work) but i wont get into that now) gets pregnant and she cant carry a baby and needs really bad like she will absolutly die then maybe.but i still belive its killing somone who is living. even if it is just cells its still living.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 8th, 2005 at 06:51pm
What's wrong with teens having sex? ^ If they're in a steady relationship, and they use protection, I see nothing wrong with it myself.
Faith
Addict
Faith
November 8th, 2005 at 06:57pm
:.The Minority.::
in some cases its different like if a teen( who shouldnt have had sex in the first place. but they should have been atleast protected(i know some times it doesnt work) .

I was still a "teen" when I got married. Should I have waited till I turned 20 to have sex with my husband? Oops, sorry.

Come on, people, it's 21st century already...
car crash romance
car crash romance
November 8th, 2005 at 07:01pm
i'm all for abortion, because if theres a woman who gets pregnant, doesn't actually want a kid but doesn't get an abortion becaus eo f morals or whatever, the kid might end up having a shit life because the mum never actually wanted it in the first place, and the mum might end up having a shit life too, cos they never wanted a kid.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 9th, 2005 at 03:33am
Faith:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
What's wrong with teens having sex? ^ If they're in a steady relationship, and they use protection, I see nothing wrong with it myself.

I was still a "teen" when I got married. Should I have waited till I turned 20 to have sex with my husband? Oops, sorry.

Maybe i'm missing some sarcasm or in-joke here...but isnt that just what she was saying?. I mean, she just said she was in favour of teens having sex. Or perhaps you mis-read it.
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
November 9th, 2005 at 12:54pm
Faith:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

I dont think theres anything wrong with that as long as theyre both the legal age and they use protection. Also, i think anyway, love should come into it, make sure your both ready. But you know if you want to wait til marriage thats fine 2, cause then your showing you wanted to wait til you found someone you really love (or it could be a religion thing). As long as you love someone it doesnt matter if your married or not.
Faith
Addict
Faith
November 9th, 2005 at 10:29pm
bloodraine:
Faith:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

Maybe i'm missing some sarcasm or in-joke here...but isnt that just what she was saying?. I mean, she just said she was in favour of teens having sex. Or perhaps you mis-read it.

lmfao I was agreeing with her point. :.The Minority.: is who we're both oppposing. LoL, Im sorry if it seemed like I'm disagreeing with Alexia.
I'll edit
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 11th, 2005 at 02:34pm
Hey! A full page later, I didn't get bitched out! Huh. Whaddya know.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 11th, 2005 at 02:43pm
Faith:
bloodraine:
Faith:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

lmfao I was agreeing with her point. :.The Minority.: is who we're both oppposing. LoL, Im sorry if it seemed like I'm disagreeing with Alexia.
I'll edit

Sorry. Embarassed I misunderstood. Just ignore me...But for the record I do think teens should be free to have sex...as long as they are mature enough to realise the concequences, because if they all used contraception then aborition rates would probably fall anyway. I think.
Faith
Addict
Faith
November 11th, 2005 at 04:49pm
bloodraine:
Faith:
bloodraine:
Faith:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

I'll edit

Sorry. Embarassed I misunderstood. Just ignore me...But for the record I do think teens should be free to have sex...as long as they are mature enough to realise the concequences, because if they all used contraception then aborition rates would probably fall anyway. I think.

I'm just wondering, does anyone here know what percent of all abortions happen in teenagers? I mean, maybe they're not even the main problem, so we shouldn't blame them.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 11th, 2005 at 05:02pm
Age - The majority of women getting an abortion are young. 52% are younger than 25 years old and 19% are teenagers. The abortion rate is highest for those women aged 18 to 19 (56 per 1,000 in 1992.) Note that these are all US statistics, i couldn't find any wordwide ones.
Faith
Addict
Faith
November 11th, 2005 at 05:10pm
bloodraine:
Age - The majority of women getting an abortion are young. 52% are younger than 25 years old and 19% are teenagers. The abortion rate is highest for those women aged 18 to 19 (56 per 1,000 in 1992.) Note that these are all US statistics, i couldn't find any wordwide ones.

Thanks.
But another thing with that is that younger people are just more fertile. You know, your organism is grabbing on to every chance it gets, and you're more likely to get pregnant when you're 20 than when you're 35. Even using a condom.
Iwannajumpout
Idiot
Iwannajumpout

Mibba Blog
November 11th, 2005 at 08:59pm
Here's a little point. Everyone kind of gets antsy over the whole destroying of human life...even if it is some cells or whatever. Well, if that's bad, what about procedures that render people sterile? Is that not killing off the potential for human life? How is that really any better? You can't say...it's just cells, if you say zygotes and blastocysts (sp?) aren't "just cells"
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
November 12th, 2005 at 04:14am
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=regressive

That's all I have to say about that. Very Happy
Register