[Insert abortion here]

AuthorMessage
Remarkable Rocket
Falling In Love With The Board
Remarkable Rocket
April 7th, 2006 at 10:27pm
Oi.. so lets say.. Nobody is PRO-abortion.. nobody is out saying "EVERYONE! HAVE AN ABORTION NOW!"

I am pro-choice.

That's all I'm gonna say.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
April 7th, 2006 at 10:36pm
I'm against it. the only time it should be done is if the woman was raped, or if the pregnancy could endanger her life. other than that I'm against it.

I had to write a paper about if I was against or for it. My teacher said she was in tears over my paper. When I get it back, I'll post it.

My birthmother was 18 years old when I was concived. It was unplaned and she didnt know my father. When I was born she put me up for adoption. I think that is what should be done when an unplanned pregnancy occurs.
My whole class knows I'm adopted. A lot of people say to me "gee, your mother really must of hated you" and I always answer "no, she loved me, thats why I'm here today"
GD Addicts Anonymous
GD Addicts Anonymous
April 8th, 2006 at 12:10am
I'm against it.
It's a question of responsibility. If you're gonna have sex, either do it safe or have the kid. A lot of people end up having an abortion because of their own stupidity. If you don't want a child, you could always put them up for adoption instead of killing them too I might add.
In cases of rape however, I think it should be allowed because that isn't the woman's fault. I also think it should be allowed if the mother's life is in danger.
In my opinion, abortion is the same as murder. Pregnant women obviously have a human growing inside them, and you're ruining someone's chance at life by abortion. That's it, plain and simple.
ren
Idiot
ren
April 8th, 2006 at 12:23am
Warning_iNSOMNIACiDIOT:
i`m toatally against abortion. fetuses and embryos are people too. scientists and all them say that fetuses are just a mass of cells and tissue, so therefor are not human. but if want to get techniical, all of us are just masses of cells and tissue, so does that mean we`re not humans? of course not! abortion totally goes against God`s plan of life for us. abortion is one mouth that will never speak, two eyes that will never see, two ears that will never hear, one heart that will never be touched, one person that won`t have a first date or first kiss, or maybe make a difference in our fucking messed up world.

I would agree except the god part but to each their own. I think that birth starts at conception and a fetus is just as much of a human being as us adults are. I think there are obvious circustances where it may be in the best interest of the victim of rape. (however adoption is availble but thats a different story.) My fear and i know i get lots of shit about this is that it will become a form of birth control. There are people getting mulitple abortions because they have sex unprotected or whatnot and know that they can just have an abortion. What is it teaching? that its an escape route? I believe in promoting safe sex, people are going to have sex theres no changing it i myself am not a virgin and i think that you need to be responsible and use protection. There is a reason we have planned parenthood etc... its to help people use those resources and for the resources to reach the poeple. I know its cliche but... if your old enough to have sex, your old enough to take the responsibilities that come along with it.
neil patrick harris.
Jackass
neil patrick harris.

Blog
April 8th, 2006 at 12:46am
My thoughts - People make mistakes. You can't force someone to bring someone onto this planet. They should have the choice and be able to decide if they want a baby or not. People says it murder, honestly, I think differently. The baby can't feel anything that early, so technically, you aren't hurting anyone. I know that sounds immoral, but it's what I believe. It's what I'm sticking with.
blood
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
blood
April 8th, 2006 at 03:14am
Testosterone Boy:
My thoughts - People make mistakes. You can't force someone to bring someone onto this planet. They should have the choice and be able to decide if they want a baby or not. People says it murder, honestly, I think differently. The baby can't feel anything that early, so technically, you aren't hurting anyone. I know that sounds immoral, but it's what I believe. It's what I'm sticking with.

I totaly agree.

Surely if the child would be unloved and uncared for, it's better if they were aborted.
Even with adoption, the child would always wonder why their mum had left them.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 8th, 2006 at 05:35am
blood:
Testosterone Boy:

I totaly agree.

Surely if the child would be unloved and uncared for, it's better if they were aborted.
Even with adoption, the child would always wonder why their mum had left them.

I don't think so...

Now I'm going to sound like a crazy pro-life Christian here, but life is a right that everyone should be able to experience. Now, throw rape into the mix and it's a different set of cards entirely, but I won't discuss that now as my views on that are obvious.

11 weeks into development, a foetus already has all it's vital organs in place. Arms and legs are forming. By week 15, the foetus can suck it's thumb and tough the umbilical cord. It has fingernails by now. Tatebuds are in place. The foetus can hear it's mothers heartbeat now. So Testosterone Boy is wrong on that count; a foetus can feel and hear.

My Grandma was a nurse once; she worked in a rough area full of backstreet abortion clinics (also bear in mind this took place about 60 years ago). A woman came in; so it turns out her botched abortion did more damage to her than the foetus, it was still alive. She wasn't well mentally, and after being on the ward for only an hour, she aborted her foetus herself. Now the doctor for whom my Grandmother worked, placed that foetus in a bedpan and told her that he wanted every nurse in the hospital to come see that baby, and he said to her. You just try telling me abortion isn't murder. True story.

So my views are; abortion is necessary, but only in some circumstances. Everyone should be allowed to experience life...
Bamf!
Jackass
Bamf!
April 8th, 2006 at 10:28am
Okay, there are people I see when I'm on the bus, ranting, and protesting along the streets waving signs with disgusting pictures of abortions, and such, by an abortion center. They, however, only see it's wrong for God. That is their view. It is sickening, though. We're all in Middle School, and don't need to see those pictures. They see us in the window, and wave them at us, as if we can do anything. We're not going to try to get an abortion, because no one is pregnant! Sorry about my little rant there. My views on abortion, may seem a bit cold hearted, but abortion is the mothers choice. If they don't want to deal with the child, then they can do as they wish, even if they are old enough. They're the ones carrying the child, so I believe it should be their choice. Simple.
Cupid Stunt
Geek
Cupid Stunt
April 11th, 2006 at 11:10am
I'm for abortion. I know there's all this stuff about how quickly the fetus develops and it's a person too etc. but I'd rather 'murder' a creature that technically can't feel anything than have to let it be born in a world of pain and if its parents don't want it it'll be unloved or put up for adoption.

And as for rape victims, don't you think it would be traumatizing enough to be forced into having sex without having to have the rapist's child? And I highly doubt rapists use condoms.

I heard something about girls under 18 having to have parental consent to have an abortion. Which in my opinion, is bullshit. It's the girl's life, she should be allowed to decide whether she has the baby or not. Not her parents.

I'm not a fan of the legal sex age-I'll lose my virginity when I decide I'm ready, not some law. But if a girl gets pregnant at say 13, if she doesn't have an abortion, the baby will disrupt her education meaning she might not beabled to get a job to support herself and the child.
That and with a lot of teenage pregnancies the father fucks off and leaves the girl to deal with the child anyway.
I Heart Bunney
I Heart Bunney
April 11th, 2006 at 11:48am
I only really agree if the said person as been a victim of rape or something simular.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
April 11th, 2006 at 12:10pm
I'm pro-choice apart from the killing.

Try arguing with that!
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 13th, 2006 at 07:33pm
Goodbye Forever:
I only really agree if the said person as been a victim of rape or something simular.

Even then, is it that childs falut? No. Who says they have to keep the baby. After its born there is great adoption programs. There is couples everywhere who want children so badly and can't have them. One persons nightmare could be their dream come true. Rape is horrible and awful and I cant even imagine how it would be to look down and be pregnant with your rapists kid, but aborting the baby isnt going to make you forget what happened. If you did keep the baby, some good might even come from the situation. Babies have a way of perking people up, but I can understand putting it up for adoption, not aborting it.
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
April 13th, 2006 at 08:19pm
spill_no_sick:
I like that you used the term, "pro-abortion" rather than "pro-choice"

they already had a choice, they shouldn't have gotten banged up in the first place
if you're going to have sex then do it protected or accept that you might have to squeeze a baby out of your vagina nine months later
if it was rape they should be allowed the privilege
I believe that it mainly has to do with personal responsibility

I'm against it except for extreme cases
but a lot of people just need to be "fixed:

i agree. i think if you where raped it's NOT your fault that your pregnant. but if you did it out of your own free will you should face the... I'm thinking of a word other than consequences...can't think of another word.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 13th, 2006 at 10:53pm
dust bunny:
spill_no_sick:

they already had a choice, they shouldn't have gotten banged up in the first place
if you're going to have sex then do it protected or accept that you might have to squeeze a baby out of your vagina nine months later

i agree. i think if you where raped it's NOT your fault that your pregnant. but if you did it out of your own free will you should face the... I'm thinking of a word other than consequences...can't think of another word.

if your raped it isnt your fault your pregnant, true, but is it the childs fault either? Do they deserve to be aborted because some idiot enjoys taking advantage of people?
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
April 14th, 2006 at 04:44am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
dust bunny:
spill_no_sick:

if your raped it isnt your fault your pregnant, true, but is it the childs fault either? Do they deserve to be aborted because some idiot enjoys taking advantage of people?

but should the woman have to live with and care for a child that will remind her of teh most traumatic and eveil time of her life, dont get me wrong i hate abortion and i have even been on anti abortion demos but even the staunch anti abortion person will say if your raped then abortion is fine, I do have a problem with it if women use it has a form of birth control, there are women out there who have had 8 abortions because they simply didnt want to use a condom or take the pill, or even keep they're legs closed. Some one i know says if you ahve more than 5 abortions without good cause then you should be sterilised because you obviously dont want kids you just want sex,

Like someone said earlier "if you have unprotected sex then you should face the fact that you will have to squeeze a child out of your vagina nine months later"
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 14th, 2006 at 04:49am
Magne:
but should the woman have to live with and care for a child that will remind her of teh most traumatic and eveil time of her life, dont get me wrong i hate abortion and i have even been on anti abortion demos but even the staunch anti abortion person will say if your raped then abortion is fine, I do have a problem with it if women use it has a form of birth control, there are women out there who have had 8 abortions because they simply didnt want to use a condom or take the pill, or even keep they're legs closed. Some one i know says if you ahve more than 5 abortions without good cause then you should be sterilised because you obviously dont want kids you just want sex,

Like someone said earlier "if you have unprotected sex then you should face the fact that you will have to squeeze a child out of your vagina nine months later"

Yup.

Basically, abortion is murder, but I can allow murder in some cases.
If you've been raped, obviously it isn't your fault
If you're ill and can't carry a child (for instance people with cancer can't have chemo while they're still pregnant. I'd condone abortion in that case)

There are other circumstances, but I won't name them all...

But people who just have an abortion because they don't want a baby or didn't use a condom aren't going down the right track, if you ask me...
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 14th, 2006 at 08:09am
Bloodraine:
Magne:

Yup.

If you're ill and can't carry a child (for instance people with cancer can't have chemo while they're still pregnant. I'd condone abortion in that case)

But people who just have an abortion because they don't want a baby or didn't use a condom aren't going down the right track, if you ask me...

when i was carrieing my youngest they told me that he had a heart murmor and that i should consider having an abortion but i caould never do that, even if he was born disabled and unable to look after himself he's still my child and it's my job to care for him and love him.
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
April 14th, 2006 at 08:15am
Magne:
Bloodraine:
Magne:

Yup.

when i was carrieing my youngest they told me that he had a heart murmor and that i should consider having an abortion but i caould never do that, even if he was born disabled and unable to look after himself he's still my child and it's my job to care for him and love him.

Kind of....CRUEL....no???

S.
Maiku's Kind Ghost
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
April 14th, 2006 at 08:20am
When my mom was pregnat with me, I guess it was a "High Risk" pregancy
and the Doctor said that there was a pretty good chance
of me not serviveing so he sugested my mom get an abortion.
well, obvisously she didn't.
I was born 2 1/2 months before I was supposed to and I had to stay the Hospital for 4 months.
and I have a slight learning problem.
but other then that I'm a compleatly Heathly 16 year old.
So yeah I think that abortion is wrong,
unless you know for a fact that the mother/child will not survive
to the point were the baby can be born pre-maturely and live.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 14th, 2006 at 08:59am
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker:
Magne:
Bloodraine:
Magne:

Yup.

Kind of....CRUEL....no???

S.

no not in the slightest! I get myself pregnant and i should look after him.
Register