Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
April 14th, 2006 at 09:12am
Magne:
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker:
Magne:
Bloodraine:
Magne:
but should the woman have to live with and care for a child that will remind her of teh most traumatic and eveil time of her life, dont get me wrong i hate abortion and i have even been on anti abortion demos but even the staunch anti abortion person will say if your raped then abortion is fine, I do have a problem with it if women use it has a form of birth control, there are women out there who have had 8 abortions because they simply didnt want to use a condom or take the pill, or even keep they're legs closed. Some one i know says if you ahve more than 5 abortions without good cause then you should be sterilised because you obviously dont want kids you just want sex,

Like someone said earlier "if you have unprotected sex then you should face the fact that you will have to squeeze a child out of your vagina nine months later"

Yup.

Basically, abortion is murder, but I can allow murder in some cases.
If you've been raped, obviously it isn't your fault
If you're ill and can't carry a child (for instance people with cancer can't have chemo while they're still pregnant. I'd condone abortion in that case)

There are other circumstances, but I won't name them all...

But people who just have an abortion because they don't want a baby or didn't use a condom aren't going down the right track, if you ask me...

when i was carrieing my youngest they told me that he had a heart murmor and that i should consider having an abortion but i caould never do that, even if he was born disabled and unable to look after himself he's still my child and it's my job to care for him and love him.

Kind of....CRUEL....no???

S.

no not in the slightest! I get myself pregnant and i should look after him.

"even if he was born disabled and unable to look after himself"

....that's no life...

tough decision BUT......in this case.......

.....possibility that it would have been kinder....

had things gone HORRIBLY WRONG (assuming they didn't)........is that fair on the child????

S.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 14th, 2006 at 10:37am
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker:
"even if he was born disabled and unable to look after himself"

....that's no life...

tough decision BUT......in this case.......

.....possibility that it would have been kinder....

had things gone HORRIBLY WRONG (assuming they didn't)........is that fair on the child????

S.

That is a point...

You hear of cases; babies who are born with terrible conditions being kept alive only by life support machines, and the parents fighting the courts for them to stay alive even though the doctors say it is a lost cause.
I heard a story from somone who once worked with disabled people and there was a lady who had been disabled since birth. She couldn't talk, she was blind and deaf and she had problems moving on her own. Now this lady was in her 30's, she had no family (been given up for adoption, see)...what kind of a life is that?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 14th, 2006 at 01:00pm
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
dust bunny:
spill_no_sick:
I like that you used the term, "pro-abortion" rather than "pro-choice"

they already had a choice, they shouldn't have gotten banged up in the first place
if you're going to have sex then do it protected or accept that you might have to squeeze a baby out of your vagina nine months later
if it was rape they should be allowed the privilege
I believe that it mainly has to do with personal responsibility

I'm against it except for extreme cases
but a lot of people just need to be "fixed:

i agree. i think if you where raped it's NOT your fault that your pregnant. but if you did it out of your own free will you should face the... I'm thinking of a word other than consequences...can't think of another word.

if your raped it isnt your fault your pregnant, true, but is it the childs fault either? Do they deserve to be aborted because some idiot enjoys taking advantage of people?

but should the woman have to live with and care for a child that will remind her of teh most traumatic and eveil time of her life, dont get me wrong i hate abortion and i have even been on anti abortion demos but even the staunch anti abortion person will say if your raped then abortion is fine, I do have a problem with it if women use it has a form of birth control, there are women out there who have had 8 abortions because they simply didnt want to use a condom or take the pill, or even keep they're legs closed. Some one i know says if you ahve more than 5 abortions without good cause then you should be sterilised because you obviously dont want kids you just want sex,

Like someone said earlier "if you have unprotected sex then you should face the fact that you will have to squeeze a child out of your vagina nine months later"

Adoption? Let someone else who desperatly wants a child who can't have one take the baby. Two wrongs don't make a right. Rape is wrong, so is abortion. If you're raped, its horrible, and I know I wouldnt be able to care for the product of such a tramatic event, but someone else would be more thamn happy too, adoption programs are great and allow people who would make excellent parents who can'y have children of their own to be able to experience parenthood.
blood
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
blood
April 16th, 2006 at 11:09am
the only thing I don't understand about this whole abortion thread is why we're all having a go at women for getting pregnant in the first place... It takes two to tango.

Sometimes birth control doesnt work..its not 100% acurate. So its not always the womens fault their pregant anyway. They tried to stop it.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 16th, 2006 at 11:12am
blood:
the only thing I don't understand about this whole abortion thread is why we're all having a go at women for getting pregnant in the first place... It takes two to tango.

Sometimes birth control doesnt work..its not 100% acurate. So its not always the womens fault their pregant anyway. They tried to stop it.
If you have sex, your asking to get knocked up.
Sex=Kids

If you cant understand that, you shouldnt be having sex in the first place. If your having sex before you want children, it's your problem when you have kids, and your child shouldnt have to pay for you stupidity when you abort it.
blood
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
blood
April 16th, 2006 at 11:15am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
blood:

Sex=Kids

If you cant understand that, you shouldnt be having sex in the first place. If your having sex before you want children, it's your problem when you have kids, and your child shouldnt have to pay for you stupidity when you abort it.

what about the man though? its ok for him to knock up as many women as he wants and just piss off? Some women have sex cos their in love, not cos they want kids.
I'm not saying abortion is right. I'm just saying its 100% the mans fault as it is the womens
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 16th, 2006 at 11:20am
blood:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
blood:

Sex=Kids

what about the man though? its ok for him to knock up as many women as he wants and just piss off? Some women have sex cos their in love, not cos they want kids.
I'm not saying abortion is right. I'm just saying its 100% the mans fault as it is the womens
Its just as much the womans choice to have sex as the man, it isnt like he possess some dominating power over her.

I dont care how "in love" you are, sex=kids, end of story. Sex is how kids are created, it can be wonderful and amazing, whatever. You have to accept the consequences of your actions.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
April 16th, 2006 at 12:17pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Its just as much the womans choice to have sex as the man, it isnt like he possess some dominating power over her.

I dont care how "in love" you are, sex=kids, end of story. Sex is how kids are created, it can be wonderful and amazing, whatever. You have to accept the consequences of your actions.

You'd be surprised what goes on behind closed doors. Its very easy to say if you were being pressured into having sex you'd say no, its a lot harded when you're actually in that position. Not every woman is strong willed or confident enough to say "No". And anyway the way the media goes on about sex, if you're in a long term relationship with someone there's this attitude if you're not having sex; there's something wrong with you.

And anyway sex serves other means besides pro-creation, children are just one consequence of sex, there are others. Sex can strenghten the bonds of a relationship.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 16th, 2006 at 12:18pm
blood:

If your prepared to have sex, you should prepare to have a baby.
Reproduction, see...

I don't blame the man or the woman, but the baby is the woman's burden to bear physically. Just the way nature works.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 16th, 2006 at 12:19pm
Incubus:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

You'd be surprised what goes on behind closed doors. Its very easy to say if you were being pressured into having sex you'd say no, its a lot harded when you're actually in that position. Not every woman is strong willed or confident enough to say "No". And anyway the way the media goes on about sex, if you're in a long term relationship with someone there's this attitude if you're not having sex; there's something wrong with you.

And anyway sex serves other means besides pro-creation, children are just one consequence of sex, there are others. Sex can strenghten the bonds of a relationship.
Thats all fine, but if you having sex you need to realize you could have children.

Would it be okay if someone said, "Oh, I was having sex to strengthen my relationship, I didnt want kids, so Im getting an abortion!" No, thats not ok.

ANd if you dont have the confidence to say no, you shouldnt be in a relationship like that anyways.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
April 16th, 2006 at 12:19pm
well for me it depends

if a young woman was raped and got pregnant i think the option of abortion should be availble (sp?) , if a woman was jsut sleeping around and got pregnant , its her fault
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 16th, 2006 at 12:21pm
Viva La Stupid:
well for me it depends

if a young woman was raped and got pregnant i think the option of abortion should be availble (sp?) , if a woman was jsut sleeping around and got pregnant , its her fault
Is it the babies fault she was raped? No, is it her fault? No.

I dont think that arguement works. After she has the baby, no one said she has to keep it. Adoption. Just because some jackass raped her doesnt mean a baby should have to die.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 16th, 2006 at 12:24pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Viva La Stupid:
well for me it depends

I dont think that arguement works. After she has the baby, no one said she has to keep it. Adoption. Just because some jackass raped her doesnt mean a baby should have to die.

But carrying a child is a big, big burden, and should she have to go through the agony of labour, and all the mental problems, just for a foetus that was implanted inside her through no fault of her own?

The mother is already here on earth, I think she has a right to be looked after over an unborn foetus, if you have to make that choice.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
April 16th, 2006 at 12:25pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Thats all fine, but if you having sex you need to realize you could have children.

Would it be okay if someone said, "Oh, I was having sex to strengthen my relationship, I didnt want kids, so Im getting an abortion!" No, thats not ok.

ANd if you dont have the confidence to say no, you shouldnt be in a relationship like that anyways.

I actually think that would be fine, but then I have no problems with abortion at all as long as it is in the earily stages and not a home made one.

But don't you see its because they don't have enough confidence that they'd be in a relationship in the first place, maybe they think they're stupid/fat/ ugly and no one will ever love them so they fall for the first bastard who makes them feel special and stick with him because they don't think they'll find someone else.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 16th, 2006 at 12:29pm
Incubus:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

I actually think that would be fine, but then I have no problems with abortion at all as long as it is in the earily stages and not a home made one.

But don't you see its because they don't have enough confidence that they'd be in a relationship in the first place, maybe they think they're stupid/fat/ ugly and no one will ever love them so they fall for the first bastard who makes them feel special and stick with him because they don't think they'll find someone else.
Abortion is murder, reguardless of what stage the embryo is in. Because of your ignorant mistakes, someone has to die. Exceptions like, "oh, you have low self esteem, your permitted to be a murder" cant be made. Thats like saying, oh, you shot that guy because he made you feel bad about yourself, murder is permitted there. No, it doesnt work that way.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
April 16th, 2006 at 12:30pm
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Viva La Stupid:
well for me it depends

But carrying a child is a big, big burden, and should she have to go through the agony of labour, and all the mental problems, just for a foetus that was implanted inside her through no fault of her own?

The mother is already here on earth, I think she has a right to be looked after over an unborn foetus, if you have to make that choice.

Agreed.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
April 16th, 2006 at 12:34pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Abortion is murder, reguardless of what stage the embryo is in. Because of your ignorant mistakes, someone has to die. Exceptions like, "oh, you have low self esteem, your permitted to be a murder" cant be made. Thats like saying, oh, you shot that guy because he made you feel bad about yourself, murder is permitted there. No, it doesnt work that way.

Stopping a bundle of cells from growing does not count as murder to me. But removing a being with an almost fully formed body that crys when you take it from it's mothers body; I would call that murder.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 16th, 2006 at 12:40pm
Incubus:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Stopping a bundle of cells from growing does not count as murder to me. But removing a being with an almost fully formed body that crys when you take it from it's mothers body; I would call that murder.
But they are alive. Isnt murder the slaughtering of something living? I think so.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 16th, 2006 at 12:43pm
I do think abortion should be allowed in the case of rape. I think there is other options though, and if abortion was ever made illegal, I think it would be completely and rape victims wouldnt get that privilage. Then you would have people claim they were raped to get an abortion.

So, Yeah, I agree, I think it should be allowed, but I still don't think its right. 2 wrongs dont make a right, certainly not rape followed by murder.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
April 16th, 2006 at 12:44pm
after the first 3 months abortions SHOULD NOT be performed!! Then we have a case of murder,
Register